PDA

View Full Version : Attacking Convoy's = pure fun !!!!! :D

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I just defended my first convoy that got attacked while I was in Boston... [had to fast travel] & protect it then while in the Frontier I got notification of a convoy to attack nearby so I ran over there & ended that convoy. That was awesome!! It's the type of carnage I was looking for. Since I figured out how to use human shields in combat it's great grabbing someone at the right time. Convoy defense/attack was a brilliant idea imo.
Plus you get some nice reward for taking them out. :D I'm assuming I don't have any convoy glitches/bugs since it worked fine.

straty88
11-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah attacking a Convoy is really cool, especially when you're trying to play stealthily. I didn't realise until recently my convoys could be attacked as well. :) One of my favourite moments while playing AC3 was when 2 Male elks killed a couple of the guards while I was stalking a Convoy. Managed to get both the Eye witness(?) trophy and the Don't kill anyone & loot the convoy trophy. :)

luckyto
11-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Attacking enemy convoys and defending your own were brilliant additions. I love it -

FlarelordFenix
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
My favorite approach to taking a convoy was going barehanded, and sneaking up BEHIND it... it was a two-wagon convoy.. I snuck behind it, and choked the LAST guard - and the guy beside him kept walking and didn't notice. i worked my way up to the front of the convoy, silently taking down every guard.

Glorious!

Powawolf
11-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Money eating time!

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah attacking a Convoy is really cool, especially when you're trying to play stealthily. I didn't realise until recently my convoys could be attacked as well. :) One of my favourite moments while playing AC3 was when 2 Male elks killed a couple of the guards while I was stalking a Convoy. Managed to get both the Eye witness(?) trophy and the Don't kill anyone & loot the convoy trophy. :)
Nice. lol That would be hilarious. I happened to move just at the right time to go after someone else & the big dude w/ the axe swung & killed 2 other guards.
:D I didn't know how much time I had to defend or attack convoys once the notification box popped up, so I just ran in took out the 4 rear from the back & then it all started.
I had no idea you could do it stealth??

Attacking enemy convoys and defending your own were brilliant additions. I love it -

Totally. I just wish the defense one was in the current city or place I was in at the time. I guess all of the convoy stuff is in Frontier. I put the game on pause & googled it.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Money eating time!

I'm not sure if you're talking about the good reward, but I needed it badly - I got the notify on my convoy while I was in the Boston store browsing everything I couldn't afford lol.
Now I have enough to get something decent after the enemy convoy.

My favorite approach to taking a convoy was going barehanded, and sneaking up BEHIND it... it was a two-wagon convoy.. I snuck behind it, and choked the LAST guard - and the guy beside him kept walking and didn't notice. i worked my way up to the front of the convoy, silently taking down every guard.

Glorious!

Ya I do the same - I thought he'd take 2 from the back at once w/ the blades... but he didn't so I just went one by one rapidly.
It seems once they fall, the others get alerted & they come after you from up front .

I got killed my first time on the attack - I was only using the blades & they just weren't enough for me. On the 2nd round I switched to the Tomahawk & it was alot quicker.
F U N

Powawolf
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure if you're talking about the good reward, but I needed it badly - I got the notify on my convoy while I was in the Boston store browsing everything I couldn't afford lol.
Now I have enough to get something decent after the enemy convoy.

Ya I do the same - I thought he'd take 2 from the back at once w/ the blades... but he didn't so I just went one by one rapidly.
It seems once they fall, the others get alerted & they come after you from up front .

I got killed my first time on the attack - I was only using the blades & they just weren't enough for me. On the 2nd round I switched to the Tomahawk & it was alot quicker.
F U N
It's dark times when you got low money,So yeah the reward is awesome :).

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 08:19 PM

Glorious!

I want this!! where exactly do I Encounter said convoys?

Powawolf
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I want this!! where exactly do I Encounter said convoys?
It's random,It's only on frontier.

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 09:33 PM
It's random,It's only on frontier.

how "random"? do I have to park myself on a tree for a couple of days or is it relatively frequent?

Thanks for the answers.

Powawolf
11-09-2012, 09:36 PM

how "random"? do I have to park myself on a tree for a couple of days or is it relatively frequent?

Thanks for the answers.
Just....random,Free roam on the Frontier.
I dont belive its common sadly..

straty88
11-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Nice. lol That would be hilarious. I happened to move just at the right time to go after someone else & the big dude w/ the axe swung & killed 2 other guards.
:D I didn't know how much time I had to defend or attack convoys once the notification box popped up, so I just ran in took out the 4 rear from the back & then it all started.
I had no idea you could do it stealth??

Totally. I just wish the defense one was in the current city or place I was in at the time. I guess all of the convoy stuff is in Frontier. I put the game on pause & googled it.

Yeah if you attack them from behind with your fists you can do it without killing anyone. Just don't dual counter if you're detected as this will kill both the guards you counter. :) I messed up the achievement the first time doing this. Not sure if you can stealth defend a convoy. I'll have to play around. :)

Just....random,Free roam on the Frontier.
I dont belive its common sadly..

I believe in certain parts of the Frontier, you have a higher chance of finding one. :)

Powawolf
11-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah if you attack them from behind with your fists you can do it without killing anyone. Just don't dual counter if you're detected as this will kill both the guards you counter. :) I messed up the achievement the first time doing this. Not sure if you can stealth defend a convoy. I'll have to play around. :)
There is...Achievement for it?
What to do for earning it?

straty88
11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
There is...Achievement for it?
What to do for earning it?

Yep, you have to loot the convoy without killing any of the guards. To do this you need use your fists on the guards. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFSg1ivRIM&feature=related

Edit: Also don't dual counter as this will kill the guards you counter.

Powawolf
11-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Yep, you have to loot the convoy without killing any of the guards. To do this you need use your fists on the guards. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFSg1ivRIM&feature=related

Edit: Also don't dual counter as this will kill the guards you counter.
Thanks!
Well off to Frontier.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 09:50 PM
This an example of random events happening that I would like to see in more variety.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Me too Zheng - I love random stuff like that (optional stuff) & wish it had more humor too)

To Shobitt - ya, if you send out a Convoy, it can get attacked & you get a notify box to go defend it. I learned that all Convoy stuff is in Frontier. So wherever you are, get to a fast travel and get there quickly.
I also made sure that I sent a convoy while I was going to be hunting for treasure or other menial stuff, not tying myself up in a long mission where I wouldn't be able to break away from it to defend my cargo.

Um.. and when I first hit the Fort area towards the bottom of Frontier, that's where a courier was - by a road there in case nothing pops up for you.
Good Luck :)

*oh and ps. when a guard is laying there writhing on the ground, you can kick them & kill them. I think that's new, I don't remember it in previous AC's??

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Me too Zheng - I love random stuff like that (optional stuff) & wish it had more humor too)

To Shobitt - ya, if you send out a Convoy, it can get attacked & you get a notify box to go defend it. I learned that all Convoy stuff is in Frontier. So wherever you are, get to a fast travel and get there quickly.
I also made sure that I sent a convoy while I was going to be hunting for treasure or other menial stuff, not tying myself up in a long mission where I wouldn't be able to break away from it to defend my cargo.

Um.. and when I first hit the Fort area towards the bottom of Frontier, that's where a courier was - by a road there in case nothing pops up for you.
Good Luck :)

*oh and ps. when a guard is laying there writing on the ground, you can kick them & kill them. I think that's new, I don't remember it in previous AC's??

Thanks for the tips Prod, much appreciated. I'll definitely hang about the Frontier...maybe take out a fort or two ;) while waiting for the Convoy.

See THIS is where the game shines.....a target..large open area...do whatever you want, however you want. I can see numerous replays using different tactics and approaches......sneakily killing them one by one....going full 'Native' by using hit and run tactics a la 'The Patriot'.....using the trees and "Blocking out the sun" (300 reference for the slow ones :D)....mining the route...or my favourite - the running tomahawk twirl followed by super fast running assassinations.

raytrek79
11-09-2012, 11:17 PM
I love Fort attacks, I banzai strait in, alerting every guard in the place and run strait up to the Captain and stab him in the gut before he realizes I'm coming for him. good times.

luckyto
11-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Another thing, I really think it adds that little touch to trading. It's more than just working a menu. Now you acquire artisans, craft products for trade, unlock shops to sell them at, and then ship them... and you may even show up in person and actively defend your convoy. It just makes that whole element seem more real than simply working menus. I feel involved.

And it's bad *** "The Patriot" like.

raytrek79
11-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Defending convoys is hard, I have defended 1 and lost about 5 because it does not alert me that I am needed well enough and when I am, I have to travel 800 metres to get to it. All I get is "You have lost a convoy" I didn't even know it was under attack (?)

Legendz54
11-10-2012, 12:21 AM
I have not sent any convoys out yet, What is the point of them?? Do i send them out from the homestead and can i follow them to their destination?? Answer would be appreciated.

luckyto
11-10-2012, 12:37 AM
That's how you make the most money. Once you visit a General Store in free roam, you can then trade with it. As you buy materials and craft goods in your "Accounting Ledger", you can then send a convoy to a general store at a certain risk. You will generally get more money at riskier routes, and always get more money than if you sold them in person.

A great item to sell for starters are ****** pelts. You can either kill ******s or buy them for a few pounds. You will profit about 300-400 pounds per pelt. Load up five pelts onto a convoy in the "Account Book" and send the convoy. That's about 1500 - 2000 pounds of profit. More convoys, more money. Better items for sell (like furniture), more money. Opened up more trade routes through naval warfare, more profit and less risk.

Now, once sent, there is a chance it will be attacked. You will get a notification and it will appear in your LOGBOOK from the Map. The Convoy will always be in the Frontier. Usually the lower half. So fast travel immediately to the Frontier (Usually the Port of Monmouth or the Entrance to Boston is your best bet). Then haul *** to the Convoy icon on your map. You usually have about 6 minutes to get there.

When you arrive, somewhere around 30 British Regulars will be attacking your soldiers and your convoy will be dead in the road. Kill everything.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the details luckyto, I have not mastered this whole stockpile thing - but anywhere there's an accounting book of any kind (there's one at Achilles manor in one of the rooms too), you can get to your trade screen... plus they're in stores now too I noticed.

To repeat a point I made earlier, I think it's best to send a convoy when you're free roaming around so you aren't tied up in a mission that you can't leave to go defend it.
I did some fast travel when mine got attacked - I was in Boston & had to fly to the Frontier where all the Convoy stuff happens.
I think next time I load up a convoy w/ lots of stuff, I'm just going to head right to the Frontier & I'll already be in that area if there's trouble.

Another thing, I really think it adds that little touch to trading. It's more than just working a menu. Now you acquire artisans, craft products for trade, unlock shops to sell them at, and then ship them... and you may even show up in person and actively defend your convoy. It just makes that whole element seem more real than simply working menus. I feel involved.

And it's bad *** "The Patriot" like.

Yep. Still have lots to understand but I think relevance always helps with some of these side game systems... recruiting, etc.

ACfan443
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
So I wanna get the 'Prince of thieves' trophy. I know a popular spawn point for convoys is around the fort in the south west, but I can't seem to find any. I've cleared all the forts, so could this be the reason convoys aren't present?

WarriorAegis
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I also want the "Prince of Thieves" achievement. Anyone have any tips?

M413FIK-E
11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Will the convoy continue to get attacked by red coats even after you beat the game, because I sent a few after I beat the game, and I was never notified anything.

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2012, 09:22 PM
I agree that convoys are unusually fun. Whenever I'm doing something in the frontier like hunting or fighting someone, I will stop whatever I am doing if I see a convoy coming lol.

ProdiGurl
11-15-2012, 10:14 PM
So I wanna get the 'Prince of thieves' trophy. I know a popular spawn point for convoys is around the fort in the south west, but I can't seem to find any. I've cleared all the forts, so could this be the reason convoys aren't present?

Ya anytime I was near that South fort I got a convoy notification too. I haven't liberated that fort yet, so thanks for the tip - I won't do it till later on.

Will the convoy continue to get attacked by red coats even after you beat the game, because I sent a few after I beat the game, and I was never notified anything.

Good Q.

I agree that convoys are unusually fun. Whenever I'm doing something in the frontier like hunting or fighting someone, I will stop whatever I am doing if I see a convoy coming lol.

lol same here. I stay by the roadsides hoping one comes by haha :D

LoyalACFan
11-15-2012, 11:16 PM
I also want the "Prince of Thieves" achievement. Anyone have any tips?

They still spawn when all forts are liberated, so that's not the problem. Just running around the Frontier near the roads for long enough (away from the towns) should spawn one eventually. Then, just "kill" them all with your fists. It's not as sneaky and awesome as it sounds.

xboxauditore
11-15-2012, 11:27 PM
I forgot about my Convoy and it said I was too late.....But how can I make more convoys?

ProdiGurl
11-16-2012, 02:03 PM
I forgot about my Convoy and it said I was too late.....But how can I make more convoys?

[Not sure if I'm understanding your Q] ? Do you mean like how to get crafters to make stuff to send?
But generally you do it from the 'accounting book' that you'll find in stores - I know there's one at the General store in Boston... there's 1 at your Homestead manor where you live - it's on a table in a room.
Click to interact & there in the Stockpile options, go to Trading. From the trading pg. you can pick a resource/material & send it in a convoy.
I mentioned it earlier, but try not to go into a mission after you send a convoy in case you have to run to defend it.
I like to hunt on the Frontier or search for treasure/trinkets after I send a convoy so I'm already there if crap goes down.
I also learned not to bother taking a horse to get to it faster lol.

Reign
11-16-2012, 05:04 PM
I agree with all above posts, the convoy defense was awesome, as well as attacking the enemies. Like someone mentioned above it is very reminiscent of the scene in The Patriot where they ambushed the redcoat convoy. I've only had it happen once and there was a real sense of urgency to run and defend my shipment of medical supplies that was bringing me a nice bit of income after purchasing some upgrades for The Aquila.

Which brings me to my question, I have just recently crafted a naval convoy and I was wondering if you send it out on a risky route will you be prompted to defend it as well? The only thing I could think of to make convoy defense more interesting is defending your ships as they ship your goods to other ports. If so I may leave a bit of risk involved in those routes for the time being and hope to be alerted of an attack.

IWood007
11-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Do you guys know if this new patch fixes it where your convoy is in attack status and you can't do anything to get it out of attack status?

ProdiGurl
11-16-2012, 11:49 PM
@ Reign, I'm not far enough along to know anything Naval yet but that's a great idea ... defense of any type of transportation.
I always liked ACR's concept of den defense - this is the right way to do it imo.

I dunno IWood...hopefully people who have downloaded it would know.