PDA

View Full Version : Pivot problems!!

SamVires
11-09-2012, 05:21 PM
I know how to find the pivots, it was easy once I figured it out. My problem is that I have pivot Kappa in a building in Boston. It is located in a bar or pub which the door is closed and will not open. What do I do now???? I'm playing the xbox 360 version.

Tully__
11-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Moved to the AC hints and tips forum.

Falcon1991
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
This is my exact same problem.

Slifer2880
11-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Is it on the roof? lol

BigUrn
11-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Maybe their is a side door.

Papp-CASS_777
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I have another pivot problem. mine is in new york in the middle of the map, some jack*** placed the pivot in one of the cut through/ cutscene/chase breaker windows where connor runs through, it is directly above the table that connor hurdles durring the cutscene, he even goes through it durring the scene but for some reason he doesnt collect it. it is really thrustrating and the only thing i need for platinum trophy. i thought the pivot might respawn somewhere else so it tried it again this morning and on the pivot information it said new pivot scanned 12 hours ago, i went to it and it was the same pivot in the same spot. could you guys PLEASE patch this or send me a new pivot or something. any information or help on this would also be awesome....

Kaswa101
11-26-2012, 04:38 PM
You're not the only ones, guys. Myself and several others also have these glitched pivots.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/726189-Pivot-impossible-to-reach

This summarizes most of the forumers' glitches with inaccessible pivots. And @Papp, I have the exact same one. Have had it for over 4 days now, and it's the last thing I need as well. If Ubisoft doesn't fix this in the next patch, then I'm done with this game. No amount of content or DLC can make up for the horrendous glitches in AC3, and it sucks that after putting in so much time for this game that I still can't get Plat because of this.

Papp-CASS_777
11-26-2012, 11:45 PM
im going to keep bumping these thread until something gets done. i would suggest anyone who has the same problems to do the same

Papp-CASS_777
11-26-2012, 11:57 PM
cmon ubisoft fix these pivots. I have no idea why they would make pivots only accessable at the end of the game, and let other people post them. it would be cool if people could only post them on sync points or something. but now, after dedicating pry hundreds of hours to my favorite game franchise assassins creed, and getting 100% platinum for all the previous ac's including dlc trophies, ubisoft is gonna let some d!ckhead shaft me with these dumb pivots. and 100% was no joke on those **** desmond sequences in revelations, or the extreme variety in brotherhood MP. why cant the pivots just be for cheats only, why does there have to be a trophy for them. I would honestly play the Whole Game Again, because I thought it was that amazing, if i knew that they would give me new obtainable legit pivots at the end.

Kaswa101
11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
I've been trying to do the same, but nobody else cares since it doesn't affect them. I've been at this for almost a week now, and nobody can offer any helpful suggestions. The only fix is a patch from Ubisoft, and I honestly doubt that will happen since everyone else only seem to care about their own minor problems.

All I know for sure is, AC3 is the last game I'll buy at launch from Ubi. I didn't complain throughout the game, despite all the minor glitches, but when something as huge as this comes along and prevents my 100%, and Ubi refuses to even acknowledge it, then I'm done. This game just isn't worth it anymore.

Papp-CASS_777
11-27-2012, 03:40 PM
bump

Papp-CASS_777
11-28-2012, 12:52 AM
bump

Papp-CASS_777
11-28-2012, 01:02 AM
pivot patch plese, my last one, pivot kappa, is in a new york chasebreaker window on the middle of the map, the problem is the cutscene when you run through a window wont let you grab the pivot. i think all they would have to do is make it so you can collect pivots durring these chase breakers.

here is a video of my exact problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejycJFMD8a0
PLEASE PATCH THIS!!!

montagemik
11-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Not sure if Ubisoft could even patch that - because that whole pivot placement is something that is meant to be random & at our control.
It's not something they programmed in that particular spot.
- Its just some tool of a player decided to pause his map mid-chase & place it there for fun. KNOWING it couldn't be picked up again.
Maybe they could unlink your gamertag specifically from the server -
But without ruining or changing the whole pivot placement idea for everyone in the world - I doubt they could patch it just for 1 person.

Whoever the guy was who thought that'd be funny - HE / SHE should be blocked from Ubisoft servers permanently in my opinion. That just sucks.

Papp-CASS_777
11-28-2012, 03:50 PM
pivot patch plese, my last one, pivot kappa, is in a new york chasebreaker window on the middle of the map, the problem is the cutscene when you run through a window wont let you grab the pivot. i think all they would have to do is make it so you can collect pivots durring these chase breakers.

here is a video of my exact problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejycJFMD8a0
PLEASE PATCH THIS!!!

Kaswa101
11-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Not sure if Ubisoft could even patch that - because that whole pivot placement is something that is meant to be random & at our control.
It's not something they programmed in that particular spot.
- Its just some tool of a player decided to pause his map mid-chase & place it there for fun. KNOWING it couldn't be picked up again.
Maybe they could unlink your gamertag specifically from the server -
But without ruining or changing the whole pivot placement idea for everyone in the world - I doubt they could patch it just for 1 person.

Whoever the guy was who thought that'd be funny - HE / SHE should be blocked from Ubisoft servers permanently in my opinion. That just sucks.

They can just add an option to re-scan for a new pivot, maybe with another wait time of 15 minutes. Or reset all scanned pivots every 24 hours to prevent this from happening. There are several options for them to pursue. And considering more people are starting to experience this, I'm betting more jerks will start placing them in those unreachable places just to spite the community. To be honest, I don't care if these people get away with this and aren't punished; I just want this fixed as soon as possible. Luckily though, if more people start experiencing this, Ubi will be forced to fix it. It sucks that some of us just had the bad luck of scanning this specific pivot, but it's out of our hands now.

Hopefully this thread will get their attention sooner or later.

Papp-CASS_777
11-28-2012, 07:54 PM
They can just add an option to re-scan for a new pivot, maybe with another wait time of 15 minutes. Or reset all scanned pivots every 24 hours to prevent this from happening. There are several options for them to pursue. And considering more people are starting to experience this, I'm betting more jerks will start placing them in those unreachable places just to spite the community. To be honest, I don't care if these people get away with this and aren't punished; I just want this fixed as soon as possible. Luckily though, if more people start experiencing this, Ubi will be forced to fix it. It sucks that some of us just had the bad luck of scanning this specific pivot, but it's out of our hands now.

Hopefully this thread will get their attention sooner or later.

yeah it wouldnt be a patch for just one person, but i hear you man, ubi could do plenty of things to fix it, a rescan/ reset would be awesome, i would even hunt down all the pivots over again multiple times if it would fix the problem for me so i could obtain the trophy. I am starting to think that the only way to get ubi to fix this is to "Start Placing all of My/Our Pivots in Cut-Through/Chase Breaker Windows or other impossible locations." I hate to do it to people after the hell it has caused me, but It just might rally enough people for ubi to do something about this issue.

dont know if it matters but I will also note that im playing the digital version that came from psn store with the ac liberation and season pass bundle.

Saestius
12-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I have the same problem with pivot kappa, being stuck in a new york bedroom window. Please patch/fix/reset Ubisoft.

Kaswa101
12-02-2012, 10:14 AM
yeah it wouldnt be a patch for just one person, but i hear you man, ubi could do plenty of things to fix it, a rescan/ reset would be awesome, i would even hunt down all the pivots over again multiple times if it would fix the problem for me so i could obtain the trophy. I am starting to think that the only way to get ubi to fix this is to "Start Placing all of My/Our Pivots in Cut-Through/Chase Breaker Windows or other impossible locations." I hate to do it to people after the hell it has caused me, but It just might rally enough people for ubi to do something about this issue.

dont know if it matters but I will also note that im playing the digital version that came from psn store with the ac liberation and season pass bundle.

It's not the digital copy. I have a physical EU version, so that's not the problem.

I thought about that idea too, placing pivots everywhere, but I really don't think it's the best way to go about this. The fact that more and more people are getting the same pivot, probably means that soon they'll have to patch it. For now, let's just be patient and hope they actually do something. But I understand your frustration. I've barely even touched AC3 in the last week because there's nothing else left to do for Platinum.

eddie957
12-03-2012, 12:00 AM
maybe this will push ubi to fix this, maybe? but i also find out one more crap that i delet my play save and play again. at the end i already have 11pivots, the last one is the same ****ing one. which means it go with your psn id. if they don't fix this. you never get plat

MT4K
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I had fun with the pivots myself. I tried to hide them or put them in places where people would need to climb or work a little to find lol. Although i made sure they was all possible to get personally. I just hoped to make it more interesting for somebody else. It was a bit lame when i found most of mine pretty much in the open or near a fast travel point.

It shouldn't let people place them in chase breakers though. It should count that as "moving" like it does in water. I wanted to hide a pivot under a bridge but it told me my "avatar must be visible and stationary". This is also why i dislike the pivot system though. When you need to rely on somebody else in order to finish something. You always get idiots who will screw it up for others....

Kaswa101
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
I had fun with the pivots myself. I tried to hide them or put them in places where people would need to climb or work a little to find lol. Although i made sure they was all possible to get personally. I just hoped to make it more interesting for somebody else. It was a bit lame when i found most of mine pretty much in the open or near a fast travel point.

It shouldn't let people place them in chase breakers though. It should count that as "moving" like it does in water. I wanted to hide a pivot under a bridge but it told me my "avatar must be visible and stationary". This is also why i dislike the pivot system though. When you need to rely on somebody else in order to finish something. You always get idiots who will screw it up for others....

I don't understand that either. Why did Ubi make it possible to even place them in chase-breakers, but not make them able to be collected?

It's a simple fix anyway. I just wish Ubi would at least acknowledge the problem and let us know that they're trying to address it. This is probably the seventh thread about this glitch and still no response. :(

MT4K
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't understand that either. Why did Ubi make it possible to even place them in chase-breakers, but not make them able to be collected?

It's a simple fix anyway. I just wish Ubi would at least acknowledge the problem and let us know that they're trying to address it. This is probably the seventh thread about this glitch and still no response. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/frown.png

Well i did find all mine luckily. It was fun but at the same time not fun if that makese sense? lol. The entire time i was worried about running into this problem myself and had a huge sigh of relief when i finished it lol.

I have sympathy for anybody stuck with this problem and do hope they fix it. Though i did have fun with it i still stand by my original point. The concept is good and i like the idea... but having to rely on some random person elsewhere in the world to finish something in single player just doesn't work in reality due to idiots who will try to ruin it for others (Such as this chase breaker problem).

I'm glad i managed to avoid it, but i really do hope they fix it for others. They should have tested this pivot thing more in-house by being jerks to each other and purposely trying to break the system :p.

Papp-CASS_777
12-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Well i did find all mine luckily. It was fun but at the same time not fun if that makese sense? lol. The entire time i was worried about running into this problem myself and had a huge sigh of relief when i finished it lol.

I have sympathy for anybody stuck with this problem and do hope they fix it. Though i did have fun with it i still stand by my original point. The concept is good and i like the idea... but having to rely on some random person elsewhere in the world to finish something in single player just doesn't work in reality due to idiots who will try to ruin it for others (Such as this chase breaker problem).

I'm glad i managed to avoid it, but i really do hope they fix it for others. They should have tested this pivot thing more in-house by being jerks to each other and purposely trying to break the system :p.

truth be told. please ubi hear my desperate cries for a patch/pivot reset

AntiChrist7
12-04-2012, 11:57 AM
i got a question about pivots. i finished the game and collected some pivots, and then startd a new one cause i had that convoy bug. If i finish this one, will i have to look for 12 pivots again? or just the remaining ones?

Kaswa101
12-04-2012, 05:16 PM
i got a question about pivots. i finished the game and collected some pivots, and then startd a new one cause i had that convoy bug. If i finish this one, will i have to look for 12 pivots again? or just the remaining ones?

If it's the same PSN/XBL account you're playing on, then the ones you have collected already won't need to be obtained again. So only the remaining ones. :p

@MT4K Yeah, I'm not sure how Ubi didn't test this properly. It's a cool idea and was implemented well, but they should've had a back-up plan in the case of something like this happening, AKA a reset button for the pivots. :( I just hope that it'll actually be fixed.

AntiChrist7
12-04-2012, 07:31 PM

Kaswa101
12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Back to the top.

drewits
12-08-2012, 09:36 AM
ok these piviots if i understand piviots are not the only chance you haveto get those piviots keep looking in other areas i have had several badly placed piveiots myself

Kaswa101
12-08-2012, 12:10 PM
ok these piviots if i understand piviots are not the only chance you haveto get those piviots keep looking in other areas i have had several badly placed piveiots myself

There are several, but the last one I require is inaccessible. There are no others to collect and there never will be until somebody else picks up my one, which is impossible.

permanator
12-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Still no fix Ubisoft? I've been trying to get this for about five weeks now, really frustrating not being able to get the platinum after 80+ hours.

exkrima
12-29-2012, 04:06 AM
you are still lucky, i am having more problem logging in ubisoft than finding the pivot, I managed to find some pivot once, i am exploring the busy town of boston, then some square thing icon pops in my mini map and after taking a look on it, "oh, a pivot....wow, I unlocked a cheat" don't even know if I am online or offline that day.

Rhysda
12-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm having the same problem, I've got my last pivot to get but it's in the frontier in a completely inaccessible area of the map. I have no idea how somebody would have even got up there, its driving me nuts. Surely they could add a 24hour rolling pivot placement reset?

montagemik
12-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm having the same problem, I've got my last pivot to get but it's in the frontier in a completely inaccessible area of the map. I have no idea how somebody would have even got up there, its driving me nuts. Surely they could add a 24hour rolling pivot placement reset?

If the pivot is there in the frontier - It's NOT inaccessable ...........you just haven't figured out how it got put there yet.

Maybe someone climbed really high .........jumped off & placed the pivot MID-AIR ........ Collecting it may be difficult but probably Not impossible.

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 08:46 PM
You think that's bad? I know exactly where my last pivot in Boston is (it's on top of a small hut, beside a bridge) I get up and collect it, but the sound is still there and nothing comes up, then when I use a Harbormaster to get back into Boston and go to the pivot's exact spot, it's still there. I have 7 pivots all together and the cheats I have are Unlimited Ammo, Semi-Automatic, Season Changer, Sun And Moon. I've tried to collect this pivot multiple times, but it just keeps respawning. And to further annoy me, I can't place Pivots nor can I get Pivots I find.

I have the Digital Copy from PSN and I'm wearing the Alta´r Outfit, and I've tried it wearing the Original Achilles Outfit, yet it doesn't work at all.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 03:29 AM
You think that's bad? I know exactly where my last pivot in Boston is (it's on top of a small hut, beside a bridge) I get up and collect it, but the sound is still there and nothing comes up, then when I use a Harbormaster to get back into Boston and go to the pivot's exact spot, it's still there. I have 7 pivots all together and the cheats I have are Unlimited Ammo, Semi-Automatic, Season Changer, Sun And Moon. I've tried to collect this pivot multiple times, but it just keeps respawning. And to further annoy me, I can't place Pivots nor can I get Pivots I find.

I have the Digital Copy from PSN and I'm wearing the Alta´r Outfit, and I've tried it wearing the Original Achilles Outfit, yet it doesn't work at all.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Anyone?

montagemik
12-30-2012, 04:16 AM
No idea - Bad installation perhaps ?? (was it one of those first dodgy digital copies)

Suggestions ..........
Try deleting the game / game data & re-install it .
Make sure all animus Hacks are OFF .
Wear the Original default Assassin outfit (blue/white) .......................I wore the original outfit on both my playthroughs - don't know if outfits make any real difference though.

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
No idea - Bad installation perhaps ?? (was it one of those first dodgy digital copies)

Suggestions ..........
Try deleting the game / game data & re-install it .
Make sure all animus Hacks are OFF .
Wear the Original default Assassin outfit (blue/white) .......................I wore the original outfit on both my playthroughs - don't know if outfits make any real difference though.

Nah, I've been able to collect pivots before, hence why I have four hacks.

I have done that.

Okay, I'll do that then.

TheBlackWaffle
01-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Im having problems, every time i try to log in to the ubisoft server to connect the pivot map and scan a pivot or whatever it says "the ubisoft server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later" same thing for Uplay... funny thing is that multiplayer runs fine for me...

Ketleyj
01-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Im having exactly the same problem, i can play the multiplayer just fine, but if i try and look on pivots or if i try to go on additional content, news center or uplay, it comes up with the message that the servers are unavailable at the moment please try again later