PDA

View Full Version : Outfit Issues (kind of nitpickyish but I'm not whining, just hoping for some fixes)

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-09-2012, 10:14 AM
The three major outfit issues (for me personally that is) are these:

- Connor's hood stays down at the end of the game permanently (I do not know the reason yet so please do not spoil anything) but no matter WHAT the reason, if it makes sense or not, it still gets rid of the major hallmarks, one of the iconic pieces of imagery of the AC universe -- the white hood.

- Altair's robes are glued to his legs. It's such a shame that Connor's robes look so amazing flowing behind him, that all of the new outfits like the Aquila and Kidd outfits all have their coattails flow and yet the original Assassin's, the progenitor character of the series' robes are permanently attached to his legs. They flowed in the first game and in every subsequent game. ACR had the best looking version of the outfit IMO due to the update in graphics and then ACIII which has the best graphics in the series BY FAR -- has the worst version of the outfit! It's a travesty. A mockery of Altair.

- Ezio's Robes....the bottom doesn't flow much but the red flaps do and thus it doesn't look horrible. The ones on Altair you can clearly see them bend with his legs while this outfit doesn't. The red flaps also give the illusion and thus that's not my issue. It's that the red in certain parts was removed for seemingly no reason. The inside of the hood was red in Brotherhood but here it's white and then the cape was white on the outside but red on the interior -- yet it's all white in ACIII. I mean this one's a bit nitpicky but the red interiors for both the hood and cape were amazing. Ezio's outfit looks gorgeous in ACIII (seriously...check out the belt, it's fantastic) but it'd be nice to see the inside be red. Why bring the outfit back, add the splashes of red on his robes but only in certain places. This is the least important of the three but yeah.

Anyway -- any of the other outfits have issues?

One I can think of -- Achilles' outfit: it doesn't have the quiver on his back and thus the back seems a bit bare and seems odd that Connor is now pulling arrows from nowhere. Adding the same quiver from Connor's back would make the outfit a bit more visually appealing and the outfit is already one of the best in the game.

Not sure if there are any issues with the Aquila, Colonial Assassin, Prisoner, or Native outfits or not but yeah. I'm running around in Ezio's outfit and the more I see it, the more I want to see AC and ACII remade with the ACIII engine -- it's stunning and I absolutely ADORE how close the camera is to Connor. It should have always been so close but I went back to ACII just to see what it was like and the camera is ridiculously far from Ezio. I think it was zoomed in a bit for ACB and ACR, but ACIII is perfect. haha

Edit: Whoops, the quiver is missing on Ezio's as well -- Ezio's outfit is busier on the back compared to Achilles' original outfit so I didn't notice it immediately.

scooper121s
11-09-2012, 11:18 AM
The quiver is missing on all outfits excluding connors original outfit

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi there,

The team are aware of people wishing the hood to be optional - so they are discussing options.

For you other remarks - please make sure to also post in the pinned feedback threads - that way they won't be missed and the threads get used as it was intended.

Evildarkhorizen
11-09-2012, 09:48 PM
reading this i agree with the problems about altair's robes and ezio's i would hope if these would be considered to be fixed in a later update

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 09:57 PM
The team are aware of people wishing the hood to be optional - so they are discussing options.

:eek:

Put it in your signature so people can finally stop making a hundred threads a day about it..

Josegtx13
11-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Altairs outfit just looks awful in this game. Which is a shame because his robes are one of my favorite outfits in the series.

MT4K
11-09-2012, 10:17 PM
:eek:

Put it in your signature so people can finally stop making a hundred threads a day about it..

You expect too much.. As if people are going to take the time to look at his signature when they can just make another thread about it themselves and ignore the search function completely....

I swear i think some people do it on purpose.... And because of that a small part of me hopes Ubisoft don't do anything to "fix" it just to spite them....

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 10:20 PM
You expect too much.. As if people are going to take the time to look at his signature when they can just make another thread about it themselves and ignore the search function completely....

I swear i think some people do it on purpose.... And because of that a small part of me hopes Ubisoft don't do anything to "fix" it just to spite them....
At least we might have a better case when asking to ban them:p

And when did you become so Cynical ? xD

HellSniper666
11-09-2012, 10:58 PM
The three major outfit issues (for me personally that is) are these:

- Connor's hood stays down at the end of the game permanently (I do not know the reason yet so please do not spoil anything) but no matter WHAT the reason, if it makes sense or not, it still gets rid of the major hallmarks, one of the iconic pieces of imagery of the AC universe -- the white hood.

- Altair's robes are glued to his legs. It's such a shame that Connor's robes look so amazing flowing behind him, that all of the new outfits like the Aquila and Kidd outfits all have their coattails flow and yet the original Assassin's, the progenitor character of the series' robes are permanently attached to his legs. They flowed in the first game and in every subsequent game. ACR had the best looking version of the outfit IMO due to the update in graphics and then ACIII which has the best graphics in the series BY FAR -- has the worst version of the outfit! It's a travesty. A mockery of Altair.

- Ezio's Robes....the bottom doesn't flow much but the red flaps do and thus it doesn't look horrible. The ones on Altair you can clearly see them bend with his legs while this outfit doesn't. The red flaps also give the illusion and thus that's not my issue. It's that the red in certain parts was removed for seemingly no reason. The inside of the hood was red in Brotherhood but here it's white and then the cape was white on the outside but red on the interior -- yet it's all white in ACIII. I mean this one's a bit nitpicky but the red interiors for both the hood and cape were amazing. Ezio's outfit looks gorgeous in ACIII (seriously...check out the belt, it's fantastic) but it'd be nice to see the inside be red. Why bring the outfit back, add the splashes of red on his robes but only in certain places. This is the least important of the three but yeah.

Anyway -- any of the other outfits have issues?

One I can think of -- Achilles' outfit: it doesn't have the quiver on his back and thus the back seems a bit bare and seems odd that Connor is now pulling arrows from nowhere. Adding the same quiver from Connor's back would make the outfit a bit more visually appealing and the outfit is already one of the best in the game.

Not sure if there are any issues with the Aquila, Colonial Assassin, Prisoner, or Native outfits or not but yeah. I'm running around in Ezio's outfit and the more I see it, the more I want to see AC and ACII remade with the ACIII engine -- it's stunning and I absolutely ADORE how close the camera is to Connor. It should have always been so close but I went back to ACII just to see what it was like and the camera is ridiculously far from Ezio. I think it was zoomed in a bit for ACB and ACR, but ACIII is perfect. haha

Edit: Whoops, the quiver is missing on Ezio's as well -- Ezio's outfit is busier on the back compared to Achilles' original outfit so I didn't notice it immediately.
Please resolve this

MT4K
11-09-2012, 11:11 PM
At least we might have a better case when asking to ban them:p

And when did you become so Cynical ? xD

I have my moments.... Not always happy-go-lucky :p.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-09-2012, 11:27 PM
This wasn't just another "fix connor's hood" or "fix altair's robes" thread -- it was to point out things like ezio's robes not matching the look of one in brotherhood and how the quiver not showing up breaks immersion, at least for me. it was about all the issues with all the outfits, not just altair or the hood.

MT4K
11-09-2012, 11:35 PM
This wasn't just another "fix connor's hood" or "fix altair's robes" thread -- it was to point out things like ezio's robes not matching the look of one in brotherhood and how the quiver not showing up breaks immersion, at least for me. it was about all the issues with all the outfits, not just altair or the hood.

That's why it's not locked ;).

Evildarkhorizen
11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Also not sure if anyone has noticed but when using ezio's outfit there's darkened areas under the red flaps that seem to look weird when running swimming or jumping cause they don't move and i think they are there to show the shadow's of the flaps hope they could be fixed also

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-11-2012, 10:41 AM
That's why it's not locked ;).

haha alright (x

haven't noticed the issue of the shadows btw.

So basically my issues with the outfits/lack of certain outfits are this:

- Altair's robes have terrible physics and are stuck to Connor's legs, parts are colored/look wrong, and I would prefer just Altair's skin (meaning essentially Desmond's face and the thin/lean body type) more than Connor simply being in the outfit
- Ezio's robes could do with a tweak to physics but are at least a bit better than Altair's, the colors are very wrong (the interior of the hood and cape should be red not white), and again I'd prefer an Ezio skin where he clearly is Ezio and have the beard from Brotherhood)
- No Desmond skin! For a game that is the culmination of all of Desmond's training, is the final in the trilogy and completes the 2012 story, and since he was a skin in the two previous games -- why he was not used for this one is beyond me! Especially since the new model for Desmond (face and outfit both) is perfect.
- All the other outfits, including Altair's, Ezio's Captain Kidd's, Colonial Assassin, Captain of the Aquila, Achilles' Original Outfit, etc. do not have the quiver of arrows meaning Connor pulls them from nowhere. This should also be addressed as well.