PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about the Mercenary Temporary outfit (Minor Spoilers)

zToxicGuy
11-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Does any one agree with me that the Mercenary outfit should be a unlockable outfit so you could free roam wearing it ?

btw heres a picture of the outfit :

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3741/90433874.jpg

You play with this outfit at some point at sequence 9, not goin to reveal how connor get the outfit or why hes using to not spoil anything for you guys :D

I mean, if we have Prision the Prision outfit, why not the mercenary outfit ?

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 07:15 AM
We do not have this outfit, because it looks Good. That`s Ubi. They always limit you to the crap outfits. They probably thought "Hey, That costume looks good. Should we make it unlock-able ? Nah.. We`ll give them the crappy Prisoner outfit"

Josegtx13
11-09-2012, 07:36 AM
We do not have this outfit, because it looks Good. That`s Ubi. They always limit you to the crap outfits. They probably thought "Hey, That costume looks good. Should we make it unlock-able ? Nah.. We`ll give them the crappy Prisoner outfit"

I am truly disappointed with the Prisoner outfit. I wish we would've of gotten the in-game Captain of the Aquila outfit instead, or this one. The in-game Captain of the Aquila is pure sexyness.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 07:40 AM
I am truly disappointed with the Prisoner outfit. I wish we would've of gotten the in-game Captain of the Aquila outfit instead, or this one. The in-game Captain of the Aquila is pure sexyness.
Some of the creative decisions are way beyond me.. Why limit use of some outfits while unlocking others (And its the ugly one) ?? Why not all ?? Truly beyond my Comprehension..

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm still disgusted that we didn't get the French Armor from Brotherhood. But any outfits in general, really. They spent time developing costumes for pre-order bonuses that connor never wears in the story, yet they couldn't give us outfits that the Connor model has already worn. Just....blows my mind. The code's already there, right?

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
I thought M was a Ubisoft fanboy :P jk. Anyways, whya bewilders me, is why the "ultimate" armour of a game is always the ugliest one, post AC II. We saw that with the Brutus armour, we saw that with th Master Assassin armour. How's the situation in AC III ?

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm still disgusted that we didn't get the French Armor from Brotherhood. But any outfits in general, really. They spent time developing costumes for pre-order bonuses that connor never wears in the story, yet they couldn't give us outfits that the Connor model has already worn. Just....blows my mind. The code's already there, right?
Its just wrong Game design, Really..

I thought M was a Ubisoft fanboy :P jk. Anyways, whya bewilders me, is why the "ultimate" armour of a game is always the ugliest one, post AC II. We saw that with the Brutus armour, we saw that with th Master Assassin armour. How's the situation in AC III ?
Ubisoft fan boy ? No :P

I`m anti Corporations. I praise the Devs, sometimes, though..

And the ultimate armor in AC III is an outfit... kinda looks like the Captain of the Aquila outfit

zToxicGuy
11-09-2012, 07:54 AM

Right, but what really pisses me is that we have the ugliest outfits(Prision Outfit and the outfit that you get by collecting all the feather) , while the coolest outfits in the game is not unlockable
Really, if they want to choose the ugliest to be unlockable, should be no unlockable outfits.

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm getting the Aquila outfit with my edition of the game, so that other outfit would be kinda useless?

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Really, if they want to choose the ugliest to be unlockable, they should put no outfits at all.

ahahahahahahahahah

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm getting the Aquila outfit with my edition of the game, so that other outfit would be kinda useless?
The Aquila Pre-order is different from the one In-game..

Josegtx13
11-09-2012, 07:58 AM

The in-game one is different and a lot better.

Some of the creative decisions are way beyond me.. Why limit use of some outfits while unlocking others (And its the ugly one) ?? Why not all ?? Truly beyond my Comprehension..

Some of the decisions they make I will never understand. Hopefully they would include the Mercenary outfit and the in-game Captain of the Aquila outfit included with the season pass.

[MINOR SPOILER ALERT] I really wish they would fix Altairs outfit in this game.

zToxicGuy
11-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Really, if they want to choose the ugliest to be unlockable, they should put no outfits at all.

ahahahahahahahahah

Aw shiet, thats not what i meant, i was saying that if you cant unlock the coolest outfits in the game, Should be no unlockable outfits.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Remember Okami? With new game+, you unlock different species of canines you can be along with different Amaterasu's apperance throughout the development cycle, all as skins. That was when (granted it was done by Clover Studio) Capcom was still cool.....I really miss the past.

Saqaliba
11-09-2012, 08:37 AM
I really really wanted this outfit to be unlockable. It would resolve the recruits not being dressed as assassins problem. It looks colonial. It makes Connor dapper.

projectpat06
11-09-2012, 08:50 AM
I honestly wish they would have said screw the ezio and altair outfit. Those were for AC1 and ACB. They look dumb and don't fit the period. I would have rather had the mercenary outfit, the default captain of the aquila, and maybe that bad a** wolf outfit with furs to wear in the winter. But yeah, I was really looking forward to getting a notification saying I had unlocked a new outfit after that mission, but nooooo. Has anyone played with the prisoner outfit??

Now the ultimate outfit you get at the end kicks serious booty. I like it as much as ezio's armour in AC2.

zToxicGuy
11-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Now the ultimate outfit you get at the end kicks serious booty. I like it as much as ezio's armour in AC2.

Wait, what outfit ?
you mean the Altair's outfit ?

projectpat06
11-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Wait, what outfit ?
you mean the Altair's outfit ?

the one you get for completing all the homestead missions. Out of all the outfits that the Assassin's have earned in the game, I would say this is the best and more sentimental to that assassin. To me, when you get it, you really want to wear it (and not just because of the no hood thing after the end)

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Aw shiet, thats not what i meant, i was saying that if you cant unlock the coolest outfits in the game, Should be no unlockable outfits.

This is why I love Ubisoft forums, despite all the haters and complainers. I really do :D

zToxicGuy
11-09-2012, 09:34 AM
This is why I love Ubisoft forums, despite all the haters and complainers. I really do :D

lol, but hey, if it werent for the "complainers", how ubisoft would know what they are missing, and how'd they could make the game better ?
Take the "Hood Down Complainers" for example.
i know, they didnt fixed the hood yet, but if they do, it will be all because of the Complainers, hahaha

the one you get for completing all the homestead missions. Out of all the outfits that the Assassin's have earned in the game, I would say this is the best and more sentimental to that assassin. To me, when you get it, you really want to wear it (and not just because of the no hood thing after the end)

oh, yes, that outfit is really awesome.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
lol, but hey, if it werent for the "complainers", how ubisoft would know what they are missing, and how'd they could make the game better ?
i know, they didnt fixed the hood yet, but if they do, it will be all because of the Complainers, hahaha

oh, yes, that outfit is really awesome.

Oh, I think we're all complainers! We are pretty big on getting ambient music, for example. Haters are a different story...And I, too, want the hood back. Imagine that.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Wow...haven't gotten to this mission yet but holy crap that looks legit!!! UGH why do they spend the time crafting really cool outfits and then not give them to us to use whenever once that mission is over???? It always pissed me off in the Ezio games and I thought they'd go all out in ACIII but apparently not. They beter make this free DLC.

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 10:41 AM

There are complainers who complain and offer alternatives. I completely don't mind them, and even enjoy reading their posts, and then there are complainers who just complain for the sake of complaining without suggesting an improvement. The former help improve the game, the later do nothing else other than clutter up the forum. But hey, lets not derail this thread xD

zToxicGuy
11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow...haven't gotten to this mission yet but holy crap that looks legit!!! UGH why do they spend the time crafting really cool outfits and then not give them to us to use whenever once that mission is over???? It always pissed me off in the Ezio games and I thought they'd go all out in ACIII but apparently not. They beter make this free DLC.

I just dont get it why Ubi didnt put them in the game for free roam, they make an entirely new outfit just for 1 mission, i dont get the point of it

There are complainers who complain and offer alternatives. I completely don't mind them, and even enjoy reading their posts, and then there are complainers who just complain for the sake of complaining without suggesting an improvement. The former help improve the game, the later do nothing else other than clutter up the forum. But hey, lets not derail this thread xD

Well, you're right, but i thought you were talking about Complainers in general.

Aphex_Tim
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
The in-game one is different and a lot better.

He wears the hat over his hood right? Looks kinda silly.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 11:33 AM
moving to the hints&tips forum - due to spoilers...

zToxicGuy
11-09-2012, 12:51 PM
He wears the hat over his hood right? Looks kinda silly.

Thats not the capitain of the aquila outfit
its capitain kidd's outfit, btw its not a hood.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Kanien'keha:ka Outfit is the only one I need (I collected all feathers as soon as I could to get it) so I'm not too bothered with this outfit. It looks good but whatever. I just wish there wasn't so many hair bugs with outfits different than the hood.

zToxicGuy
11-09-2012, 06:43 PM
I really really wanted this outfit to be unlockable. It would resolve the recruits not being dressed as assassins problem. It looks colonial. It makes Connor dapper.

How a outfit for connor would fix your recruits problem ?

Kanien'keha:ka Outfit is the only one I need (I collected all feathers as soon as I could to get it) so I'm not too bothered with this outfit. It looks good but whatever. I just wish there wasn't so many hair bugs with outfits different than the hood.

lol, you're the first person that i met which actually likes Kanien'keha:ka Outfit
In my opnion, that outfit is shi.tty, i mean, you waste 2 hours trying to collect all the feathers, and then you expect a badass looking robe for Connor, and then...
The outfit is way too simple, and doesnt fit Connor, he looks too skinny.
i know, its the same outfit of "teenage connor" btw

Apirka
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM

lolwut

Brutus' armour is sexy as hell, seriously.

Though, yeah, having the mercenary outfit would be cool I guess. I rarely change my outfits anyway (other than Armour of Altair/Brutus), but that looks pretty nice.

Bashilir
11-09-2012, 11:22 PM
lolwut

Brutus' armour is sexy as hell, seriously.

Though, yeah, having the mercenary outfit would be cool I guess. I rarely change my outfits anyway (other than Armour of Altair/Brutus), but that looks pretty nice. I suppose everyone has their own opinions... Anyways, when I was doing this mission, I REALLY hoped it was going to say "New outfit unlocked in the manor." Of course, it didn't. I'm sure it'll be in the PC version when it comes out... I still think AC3 should have skin packs like Minecraft. I would pay alot of money for those..

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
I suppose everyone has their own opinions... Anyways, when I was doing this mission, I REALLY hoped it was going to say "New outfit unlocked in the manor." Of course, it didn't. I'm sure it'll be in the PC version when it comes out... I still think AC3 should have skin packs like Minecraft. I would pay alot of money for those..
I wouldn't pay for something that the character model has already worn in-game. Even if they're not available on PC, somebody can sure as hell mod it.

Bashilir
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't pay for something that the character model has already worn in-game. Even if they're not available on PC, somebody can sure as hell mod it.
Me either. I meant skin packs that had outfits we don't have.

slim8xshady
11-10-2012, 03:53 AM
I wish they would have just added a disguise feature when you kill a enemy you can steal their clothes (something like the saboteur) that would be awesome.

projectpat06
11-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Since we got robes from the previous games, I wish they would have gone with Ezio's original robes from AC2 instead ezio's dress from brotherhood. Thank god connor has the awesome assassin's coat with the hood instead of these long robes. Maybe they will include more outfits (and weapons like another bad arse bow or a freakin bear trap) in the season pass dlc that we haven't seen yet like Rockstar did with Red Dead.

And yeah, I too was a little disappointed when I collected all those feathers and got the same outfit from before. I was hoping for this awesome outfit I had never seen before or at least the same duds but died a different color

pirate1802
11-10-2012, 07:52 AM
I wish they would have just added a disguise feature when you kill a enemy you can steal their clothes (something like the saboteur) that would be awesome.

That would be epic. And also fitting in a game about stealth. Listen to this Ubisoft!

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 08:44 AM
That would be epic. And also fitting in a game about stealth. Listen to this Ubisoft!

They did it with the Janissaries and the French soldier in Brotherhood and one of Rodrigo's men in ACII, already. What's stopping them?

zToxicGuy
11-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Even if they're not available on PC, somebody can sure as hell mod it.

Not really.

Unless for texutres, No one has ever succeeded in modding Assassin's Creed on pc. not on scripts and not on player models.
You can search on google/youtube if you dont belive me.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Not really.

Unless for texutres, No one has ever succeeded in modding Assassin's Creed on pc. not on scripts and not on player models.
You can search on google/youtube if you dont belive me.
Forgive me. I'm just a novice (or not even) on PC gaming quirks in general. I'll take your word for it.

Bashilir
11-10-2012, 03:12 PM
They did it with the Janissaries and the French soldier in Brotherhood and one of Rodrigo's men in ACII, already. What's stopping them?

True. I just hope if they add that, it doesn't end up working like Hitman Absolution does it. Where you may need a costume every flipping mission.

Hypno Pony
04-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Shameless Necrobump.

I would pay 20$ for this outfit honestly.
All the outfits that are unlockable in the game I thought were all rather bad. And there has really been no new DLC outfits thus far besides the two pre-order ones.
When I played this mission I really hoped that there was a way to unlock this. And I just hope they release a DLC with it before Black Flag comes out and it's gone for good.