PDA

View Full Version : Conner is too SLOW! [spoilers]

JACKEDRAM1500
11-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Make him faster because right now he's like a fat kid running for a school bus.

Ezio270
11-09-2012, 12:36 AM

yup i'm with you at this point he is too slow they should increase his running speed in the next patch

Bashilir
11-09-2012, 12:38 AM

I don't see a problem with his speed. He certainly isn't as slow as what you described which, was rude anyways. Even if he was slow, his combat skills destroy anyone.

Free_Hidings
11-09-2012, 12:40 AM
He's faster than Ezio bro, just has better animations / larger world

Caeser_of_Rome
11-09-2012, 12:45 AM

Well for one it's not like he's a Spartan running around, it's accaully Realistic. A person does have energy, and all that weight does slow a person down. Also it matters how much you are carrying. If you have a Heavy weapon, you are going to run slower. If you have duals you're going to run alittle slower but not much.

Yeah, I dunno about Comparing Connor to a fat kid running. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYUFDkDnGk

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Nah, he's just fine. He feels a little more grounded than the previous assassin's, which I appreciate.

AssassinGame1
11-09-2012, 01:06 AM
He slows down when he runs to fast, it is not like he has powers, I like how Ubisoft did that because in the other AC games Ezio or Altair had sprinting that never slowed them down (kinda seemed like they were robots)
In my opinion, Connor seems to run fater when he is climbing

rego00123
11-09-2012, 02:00 AM
this is what horses are for in open areas and why they are even in the game. the rest is just trying to be somewhat realistic to what a human speed actually is

Syler99
11-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Well for one it's not like he's a Spartan running around, it's accaully Realistic. A person does have energy, and all that weight does slow a person down. Also it matters how much you are carrying. If you have a Heavy weapon, you are going to run slower. If you have duals you're going to run alittle slower but not much.

Yeah, I dunno about Comparing Connor to a fat kid running. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYUFDkDnGk

Yet he can run indefinitely I've run Conner clear across the map through waist high snow and he's good then we get the item and I can run him all the way back. That alone isn't realistic they should've speed him up at least to a Ezio on a bad day run.

BBALive
11-09-2012, 02:21 AM
He runs faster than Ezio.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 02:28 AM
He runs faster than Ezio.

Based on what? Your strong belief?

Anyway, Connor should run slower than Ezio. Connor is a brute halfwit compared with Ezio, and Ezio wasn't all that bright. In terms of acrobatic ability, Ezio could run rings around this buffoon. Connor deserves to be in a freaking circus, he has no proper place as an assassin. Hell, he doesn't even know the creed, for goodness sake!

Caeser_of_Rome
11-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Yet he can run indefinitely I've run Conner clear across the map through waist high snow and he's good then we get the item and I can run him all the way back. That alone isn't realistic they should've speed him up at least to a Ezio on a bad day run.

He's Faster then Robot Ezio. STOP GETTING STUCK IN THE PAST, MOVE ON, GET OVER IT. CAN'T MAKE IT ANY CLEAR!

JACKEDRAM1500
11-09-2012, 02:56 AM
It's like he starts fast in the wide stance push offs and then slows down to a jog at top speed. That's stupid.

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Based on what? Your strong belief?

Anyway, Connor should run slower than Ezio. Connor is a brute halfwit compared with Ezio, and Ezio wasn't all that bright. In terms of acrobatic ability, Ezio could run rings around this buffoon. Connor deserves to be in a freaking circus, he has no proper place as an assassin. Hell, he doesn't even know the creed, for goodness sake!

the day ezio can climb a tree then this statement could prove true.

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 03:03 AM
oh and i recall ezio needing a banker..........

connor is a banker.... even has his own accounting book.......

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 03:05 AM
He's Faster then Robot Ezio. STOP GETTING STUCK IN THE PAST, MOVE ON, GET OVER IT. CAN'T MAKE IT ANY CLEAR!

I'm not the one who needs to move on. I've moved beyond Connor already. Your problem is, you haven't. You still think this lethargic moron is God's gift to the assassins. No wonder his dad (who is the only character worth a tuppeny dam in the whole game) considers him an embarrassment.

kudos17
11-09-2012, 03:06 AM
I don't think some of you are controlling him right.

On Xbox, it took me a while to realize that if you aren't pressing the right trigger hard enough, Connor will not sprint. You literally have to hold that thing down all the way or he'll just jog. A good way to make sure is to hold RT and A to sprint, like in previous AC games. The manner in which you hold the controller will shift, and you'll notice the difference.

By just holding RT, it's easy to slack off and slip into a jogging mode rather than full sprint.

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 03:08 AM
I'm not the one who needs to move on. I've moved beyond Connor already. Your problem is, you haven't. You still think this lethargic moron is God's gift to the assassins. No wonder his dad considers him an embarrassment.

His father even says " Im proud of you in a way".................................................. ..............

AllThatJuice
11-09-2012, 03:16 AM
Why are people *****ing about the most stupidest things...

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Why are people *****ing about the most stupidest things...

Because there's an embarrassment of riches when it comes to stuff to complain about in this game, and it gets tedious complaining only about the important stuff.

AllThatJuice
11-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Too bad for you. Ive got over 30 hours played and I enjoyed every second of it.

Great game.

Bashilir
11-09-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm not the one who needs to move on. I've moved beyond Connor already. Your problem is, you haven't. You still think this lethargic moron is God's gift to the assassins. No wonder his dad (who is the only character worth a tuppeny dam in the whole game) considers him an embarrassment.

No, you're right. You've moved beyond Connor. But what it seems is that you're stuck on Ezio. You act as if Ezio is a god. Yet, you seem to insult Connor quite often. But, I haven't seen any insults on Ezio from you. Also, what do you expect? Connor's dad is a Templar, his mom and village got destroyed when he was like 6 years old and he was raised by an old man. Does it sound like he got the same opportunites Ezio did? No he didn't. So, move from Ezio and give Connor some kindness, please.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Great game.

In your opinion. Did you play AC2 or Brotherhood? If not, maybe that's the problem. If you did, why can't you see that this game is a poor reflection of those games?

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 03:32 AM
AHHHH! so you want the same game every time... idea for you. keep replaying those games, and give Ac3 to someone who will see its true value

AllThatJuice
11-09-2012, 03:35 AM
In your opinion. Did you play AC2 or Brotherhood? If not, maybe that's the problem. If you did, why can't you see that this game is a poor reflection of those games?

Ive played every game in the series. Been a fan of AC ever since they did a public demo of the first game. Loved AC3, I think its the best game in the series, or atleast ties first with AC2. Besides the glitches, theres not much for me to complain about.

Also I love how you say "In your opinion", yet you seem to think that what YOU think and say is pure fact.

Also, a list of why I think AC3 is a great game

Improved engine
Improved Graphics/ Animation
Improved story
Improved controls
Improved environments (Boston, NY, Homestead and the Frontier feel 10x more alive then any other city in the previous AC games)
Improved Combat
MUCH MUCH More to do outside of story missions (homestead missions, Naval Missions, Collectibles Liberation missions, challenges, side quests, Forts, Peg Leg missions)
Crowds are more believable
Missions are more creative

Multiplayer still isnt my cup of tea though, the soundtrack isnt the strongest compared to the previous AC games and glitches are an annoyance. But I think thats where my criticisms end tbh.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Because there's an embarrassment of riches when it comes to stuff to complain about in this game, and it gets tedious complaining only about the important stuff.

Man for the Age you look, you really take gaming to heart. What you said about his father made no sense at all. Ezio was like a Tank in the Series. He was unstoppable. Had no Energy, Ran fast for all the weight he carried. I'm a huge fan of Ezio, AC2 is my Favorite AC game. But, even I know Ezio was like a Tank in the Ezio Series. Completely unrealistic.

But, like someone told me on another post. Everyone thinks, that whatever they think everyone thinks.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Man for the Age you look, you really take gaming to heart. What you said about his father made no sense at all. Ezio was like a Tank in the Series. He was unstoppable. Had no Energy, Ran fast for all the weight he carried. I'm a huge fan of Ezio, AC2 is my Favorite AC game. But, even I know Ezio was like a Tank in the Ezio Series. Completely unrealistic.

But, like someone told me on another post. Everyone thinks, that whatever they think everyone thinks.

Don't you think it's because Connor's has better animations, therefore feels more real. Altair felt a little labored, while Ezio felt lighter.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Don't you think it's because Connor's has better animations, therefore feels more real. Altair felt a little labored, while Ezio felt lighter.
Everything about the New Engine and animations is better and more real. I won't lie to you, I can hardly remember Altair(haven't played that game since 2007), but Ezio felt like he had LightWeight/Marathon pro on from COD, But not as fast as Connor. But Connor is more real because, he does have energy, and Weight Capacity. So more he Carries the slower he gets.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Everything about the New Engine and animations is better and more real. I won't lie to you, I can hardly remember Altair(haven't played that game since 2007), but Ezio felt like he had LightWeight/Marathon pro on from COD, But not as fast as Connor. But Connor is more real because, he does have energy.
Even Altair in Revelations felt like Ezio. Same configuration, I suppose.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Even Altair in Revelations felt like Ezio. Same configuration, I suppose.

I think Revevlations was terrible. It was to short, made no sense, Just same fighting technique. It felt half *** done. Would you agree?

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 05:52 AM
No

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 05:59 AM
I think Revevlations was terrible. It was to short, made no sense, Just same fighting technique. It felt half *** done. Would you agree?

Fighting technique, maybe. But story? I loved it. Even if it is lame, it still made sense.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Fighting technique, maybe. But story? I loved it. Even if it is lame, it still made sense.

I mean it did in a kind of way, but going around collecting keys for another Apple of Eden. I would have expected that for an armor but, for the main mission, hell no.

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 06:04 AM
ACR, was perfect story imo. then if you watch AC: embers right after? Grown men have shed manly tears

Caeser_of_Rome
11-09-2012, 06:06 AM
What's AC embers? A Movie?

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 06:17 AM
What's AC embers? A Movie?

i short film that tells ezios ending. truely awesome. maximum affect if you've played ACR recently

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 06:20 AM
I mean it did in a kind of way, but going around collecting keys for another Apple of Eden. I would have expected that for an armor but, for the main mission, hell no.
That national treasure feeling I don't like, but it's well contructed enough within the confine of that genre.

ACR, was perfect story imo. then if you watch AC: embers right after? Grown men have shed manly tears

Very powerful.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-09-2012, 06:37 AM
I think I did, dunno though. What's it about?

playassassins1
11-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Seriously!? Connor is too slow? This is what people are complaining about now? This is sad.... really really sad..