PDA

View Full Version : Team Haytham or Team Connor? [spoilers]

TKtheGreat
11-08-2012, 10:44 PM
THERE MAY BE SPOILERS IN PEOPLES POSTS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

After playing the game as both Haytham and Connor which of the 2 did you prefer? Feel free to post your opinion.

Are you Team Haytham or Team Connor?

MY OPINION

I have completed the game and let me just say this - I HATED CONNOR.

He was alright as a teen but once he grew up a little bit he was plain annoying and arrogant (I also hate the fact that he let Stephane join the Assassins). My opinion of him was he was like Altair in the Temple of Soloman at the beginning of Assassins Creed 1. I was hoping as the story went on he would become a good Assassin - well, in my opinion, that didn't happen. I just started to hate him more.

I was routing for the Templars in this game (even though it is fairly obvious that they won't succeed).

Haytham on the other hand - I much prefered him. Yes playing his story was a bit boring but as a character I thought Haytham was miles better than Connor.

scooper121s
11-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Haytham betrsyed the assassin order

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
you don't make a poll... and put your own opinion in the OP message

Powawolf
11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Mister spoiler we need you!

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Mister spoiler we need you!
Not really a spoiler since he's a Templar wearing assassin Stuff with assassin logos on it.

TKtheGreat
11-08-2012, 10:50 PM
you don't make a poll... and put your own opinion in the OP message

Why not? I am hoping people who post would give their opinion, why can't I give mine?

Powawolf
11-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Not really a spoiler since he's a Templar wearing assassin Stuff with assassin logos on it.
It a bit of spoiler for who just started the game.

TKtheGreat
11-08-2012, 10:52 PM
As for Haytham betraying the Assassins order - it would have been nice to know why. Plus I thought Connor ruined the entire Assassins order anyway.

I have the theory that the first person Haytham kills was his father but it was never explained (I didn't read all of Shauns messages maybe it was explained in that and I missed it).

Escappa
11-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Do they really mention that in the game at all?

TKtheGreat
11-08-2012, 10:55 PM

I should say theory instead of opinion. I don't think it is explained unless I missed something.

FlarelordFenix
Yeah, someone stick spoiler in here - you don't find out about Haytham's connections until the end of his segment.

I love both characters - Connor is awesome, well-played and well -acted, and I like his attitude very much.. However, Haytham is just too badass to give second fiddle to. Haytham gets my vote, as he is A Boss.

TrueAssassin77
Why not? I am hoping people who post would give their opinion, why can't I give mine?

you put your opinion in the psot Below man. it just polite. makes this a biased poll. a new guy can come here and see, all the bad stuff you wrote about connor and notice you had nothing bad to say about haythem. its pretty unfair

Powawolf
11-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Does the wiki says something about it?

TKtheGreat
11-08-2012, 10:59 PM
you put your opinion in the psot Below man. it just polite. makes this a biased poll. a new guy can come here and see, all the bad stuff you wrote about connor and notice you had nothing bad to say about haythem. its pretty unfair

Ah right I see but I am a Haytham loyalist hahaha.

TKtheGreat
11-08-2012, 11:13 PM

Just searched the wiki.

Haytham father - Edward Kenway, it just says he was a member of the Assassins Order

Target in Theatre - no article, just a reference that he was a holder of the key.

Reginald - the Grand Master of the Templar order and that he convinced Haytham to join the Templars (on Haythams article it was some time before his 30th birthday).

Powawolf
11-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Just searched the wiki.

Haytham father - Edward Kenway, it just says he was a member of the Assassins Order

Target in Theatre - no article, just a reference that he was a holder of the key.

Reginald - the Grand Master of the Templar order and that he convinced Haytham to join the Templars (on Haythams article it was some time before his 30th birthday).
Thanks for the information.
I will do a bit of research tommorow,But i dont think the target in theatre was his father.

TKtheGreat
11-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the information.
I will do a bit of research tommorow,But i dont think the target in theatre was his father.

I am probably just trying to think into it too much. Maybe there will be an expansion pack - if it is the journey of Haytham I will be the first to buy it but if it is a Connor expansion pack I think I will just watch a walkthrough on youtube or something.

InfectedNation
11-09-2012, 12:58 AM
The opera target was not his Haytham's father... recruit the Irish Christian Assassin in North Boston and talk to him around sequence 7 and you'll find out why.

im3jia
11-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Guys, AC Forsaken will explain Haytham's early life :D

Apirka
11-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Haytham all the way! Connor... was boring. I started the game convinced I would like him, just like Altair, Ezio and Desmond, but, the more I played him, the more I was bored with him. I'm doing a second playthrough where I won't rush through the main story now, to see if the side missions make him better (though imho, the main story and characters therein should carry themselves without needing the optional stuff), but I don't expect that much.

Haytham, on the other hand... I pretty much loved him by the time I was walking away from the opera and he quipped that it had been rather dull. And the more I played, the more I replay, the more I think about him, the more I like him. He's an awesome character -- very interesting, much depth, and he has a lot of charisma. Connor just can't keep up.

Forsaken will be the first AC book I'll buy, just because of him, and if the ever make a DLC about him (I really, really hope they do), I'll buy and play ASAP. (It'll be like TLA! Just hopefully with less bawling my eyes out. I can still barely replay TLA...)

Kaschra
11-09-2012, 01:34 AM
I wish I could like Connor more than I do now, but somehow I can't :(
I don't feel a realy connection to him.
There are a lot of parts where I like him, but unfortunately he pisses me off a lot, too. Somehow... the more I played, the less I liked him...

Haytham on the other hand... I'm so fangirling over him right now :p
He really fascinates me and he ended up being my favourite AC3 character. Also, his voice - SO good.

Will_Lucky
11-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Haythem easily, that man....I want more of him not like the man crush I had on Ezio but more....

But like Kaschra the more I played of Connor the more I hated him...honestly.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Haytham is such a piece of crap. It's a great character, but would I want to play as him for the entire game after seeing what he really like after the Sequence 3? Hell no. Ratonhnhaké:ton all the way <3

scooper121s
11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
That's where I got my info

Aphex_Tim
11-09-2012, 12:01 PM
This sounds an awful lot like Team Jacob vs. Team Edward....

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 12:08 PM
This sounds an awful lot like Team Jacob vs. Team Edward....I don't even know which one is which. Is Jacob the one that's constantly shirtless? Then my vote goes to him, I don't care for anything else in this Twilight franchise :p

Aphex_Tim
11-09-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't even know which one is which. Is Jacob the one that's constantly shirtless? Then my vote goes to him, I don't care for anything else in this Twilight franchise :p

Pretty much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctlEBHDROAw

Anyway, back on-topic!

TKtheGreat
11-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Kaschra and Will_Lucky I am with you all the way haha.

There are loads of these team things (I like my American TV shows so I have seen a lot). I had never read or watched Twilight so when I first saw Team Edward and Team Jacob I assumed it was to do with Lost (I thought the fan community randomly named the Man in Black - Edward and Jacob was the name of the man in white lol). Boy was I wrong haha.

Kaschra
11-09-2012, 10:07 PM
There's another thing I don't like about Connor:

"What would you have me do?"

It's okay to hear that sentence a few times, but... not that often :I

TheHumanTowel
11-09-2012, 10:41 PM
As much as I like Connor and disagree with the Templars in general in this instance, Haytham was right. He was right about the colonists and where their interests truly laid, he was right that for all their talk of freedom and equality they would turn their back on Connor and his people, he was right that Connor was being naive. I'm not saying his alternative was desirable but he saw through the colonists when Connor didn't.

So my answer is I'm somewhere inbetween. (Haytham gets a bonus point for his awesome voice.)

BBALive
11-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Haytham is probably my favourite character in the entire series, so I voted for him.

tinrisky
11-10-2012, 03:08 AM
when they worked together, that was some of the best moments, even though Haytham threatened Connor.

slim8xshady
11-10-2012, 03:31 AM

Is that ever actually confirmed? I mean how do we know he actually betrayed the order, couldn't he have just killed an assassin and took his blades?

slim8xshady
11-10-2012, 03:42 AM
As much as I like Connor and disagree with the Templars in general in this instance, Haytham was right. He was right about the colonists and where their interests truly laid, he was right that for all their talk of freedom and equality they would turn their back on Connor and his people, he was right that Connor was being naive. I'm not saying his alternative was desirable but he saw through the colonists when Connor didn't.

So my answer is I'm somewhere inbetween. (Haytham gets a bonus point for his awesome voice.)

His voice always reminded me of Maxwell Sheffield from the nanny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqwjXzgF4DI
Sorry for the long vid but its the only example of him. He is in the first few seconds.

TrueAssassin77
11-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Is that ever actually confirmed? I mean how do we know he actually betrayed the order, couldn't he have just killed an assassin and took his blades?
wikipedia. in-game databases. the info is not actually a secret

slim8xshady
11-10-2012, 07:29 AM
wikipedia. in-game databases. the info is not actually a secret

Never looked at the database yet got distracted by getting 100%. So thanks I'm going to do some reading now lol

Aphex_Tim
11-10-2012, 08:35 AM
There's another thing I don't like about Connor:

"What would you have me do?"

It's okay to hear that sentence a few times, but... not that often :I

That and "Where is he now?" :p

TKtheGreat
11-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't think the wiki is very good - it looks like people have tried to fill in gaps themselves without any referencing.

It states that Reginald is the Grand Master of the Templar order - I don't think that is mentioned in the game (from memory I am pretty sure there is no mention of it in the database). Also the database gives the impression that Reginald was also an Assassin who then became a Templar with Haytham.

I forgive Haytham for betraying the Assassins - I preferred his Templar message in America. Also because of the eventual rise of Connor I would have betrayed the Assassins if I was one of them lol. I do dislike the modern day Assassins but then again there are so many gaps about the modern day Templars and it has become such a large powerful organisation it is quite hard to give them a story - this is partially why I disliked the AC 3 story - I was hoping the modern day story would form a big part of the game.

im3jia
11-11-2012, 12:32 AM
More Haytham info is in the new Encyclopedia, would it be okay to share, mods?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Hated Connor - he's a whiny brat who really doesn't care about anything but himself. He claims to want to protect his people, but he leaves the village and doesn't even have a clue about what's happening in his village. He even misses the fact that they left!

Loved Haytham - he's interesting, charismatic, smart, committed. The game switches to Connor just at the point I wished I could play as Haytham for the whole game.

LilyasAvalon
11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Feels like Team Edward and Team Jacob all over again, also why isn't there an option for both?

Charles_Phipps
11-14-2012, 12:47 PM
I like Haytham but I like Connor more.

I just wish Connor had been written better. I don't know what his decisions are on a lot of things.

TKtheGreat
11-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Right I have played the game again thinking maybe I would like Connor more.

I don't. I hate him. Charles Lee should have killed him when he was a child so that I could keep playing as Haytham haha.