PDA

View Full Version : To everyone complaining about AC3. [spoilers]

StarzSuicide
11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
WE DO NOT CARE. If you don't like it, return it. We don't care you hate Connor or think the game was too easy or whatever. If you hate it so much why are you making a forum about it? Probably cuz you did like it and wanted attention. Connors story and how he fit in the world he was placed fits perfectly. If you don't like it return it, it's that simple. It's your fault not the game. So stop complaining and do something about it, go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure or something. AC3 is a great addition to the story.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
The force is strong with this one. Welcome to the forums mate.

twenty_glyphs
11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
We are complaining in the hopes that Ubisoft will realize how disappointed we are and make future games better. We complain because we care about the series, not just for the heck of it. If I didn't want to like the game, I wouldn't complain. We are not complaining to people who loved the game. I wish I could like the game like you, but I simply can't. That's incredibly sad, because I never thought I'd feel that way about an AC game. Our only real recourse is for our voices to be heard and future games to make better decisions based on our feedback.

Gianavel
11-08-2012, 07:25 PM
So why should they listen to your feedback over those of the people that DO like the game?

Sure, there's things that I miss from Ezio's AC games, like buying shops and the weapon stats systems (the triangle in AC3 is annoying). But there's a lot of stuff that I DO like in AC3, and it tends to be the things that people seem to complain about the most.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Of course you can complain in the purpose to make the series better. But i've seen many posts just saying "I hate this stupid game, it's aweful, I've thrown my money in the sea" etc, and that's it, no advice on how they should make the series better, and I hate posts like that.

On the other hand. Posts like "the fighting system is weird it would be better if you......" are important for the games and I really hope the developers sees posts like this. Because so far (imo) every AC game has been a 9.5. But with these posts they can think about what we want and, hopefully, give us an AC4 that scores a perfect 10.

MisterEFQ
11-08-2012, 07:31 PM
You realize you don't have to read thier threads or posts right?

Aphex_Tim
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I have a feeling that most of complainers have a "Different = Bad" mindset. That instead of adapting they start complaining.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 07:33 PM
The feedback thread is there for exactly that purpose. Many people I see post useless threads like this game suckssssss.. stupid boring crap game, but don't post in the feedback thread. Guess posting a truly critical reply on those thread take more time than just trolling.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah, but they show up in a lot of threads. I read an "AC4 speculation thread" and there was someone who said "who cares, they allready killed the series beacuse AC3 sucks!" or something like that. And those posts enoys me beacuse thay doesn't add something to the conversation.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but they show up in a lot of threads. I read an "AC4 speculation thread" and there was someone who said "who cares, they allready killed the series beacuse AC3 sucks!" or something like that. And those posts enoys me beacuse thay doesn't add something to the conversation.

Exactly my point. I mean yeah, you didn't like the game we get that. Atleast let those who enjoyed it have a civil discussion rather than jumping in and adding nothing to the discussion but negativity.

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
We are complaining in the hopes that Ubisoft will realize how disappointed we are and make future games better. We complain because we care about the series, not just for the heck of it. If I didn't want to like the game, I wouldn't complain. We are not complaining to people who loved the game. I wish I could like the game like you, but I simply can't. That's incredibly sad, because I never thought I'd feel that way about an AC game. Our only real recourse is for our voices to be heard and future games to make better decisions based on our feedback.
Some of your posts actually sound like legitimate complaints. I just think that most of the complain threads relentlessly resort to name calling to those who enjoy the game, therefore setting us off. If you see most of the positive posts, we almost never stoop to the name callers' level. We maybe aggressive in our arguments, but we tend to elaborate a bit more than " aciii goty!!!!"

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM

Totally agreed, If you don't complain when things are this wrong then what you get next is worse

Splinter Cell convictions was a game but it wasn't splintercell
skyfall was james bond, but it wasn't 007
ACIII wasn't Assassin creed

As a massive fan of this title i cannot believe how far from the mark this game is, it does not even feel related to any of the others. its shocking to say the least I have no desire to play it and im frustrating myself to complete it out of nothing more than respect for the previous versions, and its bringing me to tears.

it dont run, jump, feel, fight, attract, hold, engage, like AC should and always did... its nothing short of dull

twenty_glyphs
11-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Some of your posts actually sound like legitimate complaints. I just think that most of the complain threads relentlessly resort to name calling to those who enjoy the game, therefore setting us off. If you see most of the positive posts, we almost never stoop to the name callers' level. We maybe aggressive in our arguments, but we tend to elaborate a bit more than " aciii goty!!!!"

Sorry, but I see just as many people who liked the game calling people who didn't like it names too. A lot of the time I see the exact same criticism that's already in this thread: that those who don't like AC3 simply don't like change. I'm all for change when it works, especially after 3 games on the same engine and basic game design, but many of the changes were for the worse in AC3. Both sides have good and bad ways of expressing their opinions on here. When Revelations came out, the forums were pretty wired up too. I think they're even more divided over AC3, which means there were definitely valid concerns that many people had with the game.

My point is, I'm not going around complaining about people saying they liked the game, so people who loved the game shouldn't be complaining about those who didn't like it. Let's save our complaints for the people who only pop in to say "This game sucks" or "Best game ever, GOTY!"

Escappa
11-08-2012, 08:01 PM
S-EVANS: Why you think different=bad is something I'll never know.

ps: when you say things like this:

Don't like the character, lost his appeal looks like dam pirate
Ship sequence at start was so dull and boring i had to switch it off and go bed
2nd squence wasnt much better and now im sat looking at it not even with a desire to carry on
story is shocking stupid so far
guns dont work well with the game
fights are plain easy and not exciting at all
missions are broken into more stages of just a little walk
people vanish from view when on horse back
camera angle and cover system is really bad
climbing no longer has a sense of danger
target reticule is hard to see
men stood in fresh air floating

this game has always been my fav but this ACIII is total rubbish tbh.. its not exciting to play im actually forcing myself based on the fact i cant get a refund total RUBBISH !!!

You have to include what you think would make thoes points better.

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 08:04 PM
there are two types of different:

good different
bad different

not too sure how i can explain that any better

Escappa
11-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Yeah but, what I get from one of your previous posts is that you want another game that's exactly the same game.

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah but, what I get from one of your previous posts is that you want another game that's exactly the same game.

Yep thats what i want, i liked the older games.... that's why i purchased this one (this one is crap proper crap)

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
My point is, I'm not going around complaining about people saying they liked the game, so people who loved the game shouldn't be complaining about those who didn't like it. Let's save our complaints for the people who only pop in to say "This game sucks" or "Best game ever, GOTY!"
Fair enough.

CalgaryJay
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
You realize you don't have to read thier threads or posts right?

True but its hard not to when 3 out of 4 threads are complainer threads. I don't have a problem with the complaining (as long as its worded properly & not just a big, emotional rant), its how every one of em seemed to need their own threads to do it that grinds my gears.

You can be upset but you don't need to dominate the boards with it, some people in an AC board actually like AC & want to discuss it. But the negativity threads seem to be dying down lately, which is good to see.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Yep thats what i want, i liked the older games.... that's why i purchased this one (this one is crap proper crap)

But if that's the case you could just replay AC2 a houndred times, what's the point of that. I think there's time to repeat the old and time to move on, and after 4 games of similar gameplay it's time to move on. In my opinion they can change whatever they want if they keep: Climbing, stealth-based, hidden blade, assassin's vs templars, parkour and the hood.

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 08:26 PM
But that's what's amazing about the series. They have proved that they're willing to take risks, and nothing was a bigger risk than the frontier. So in time, a fresh new AC would come out
and I'll probably be the complainer while you fierecly defend your love for that eventual release.

Zodakx911
11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
WE WANT Patrice Désilets (http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPatrice _Désilets&ei=fgicULq5JYvprQef54GICA&usg=AFQjCNFGiyiTFJh0opysqjoPWJ8m2VhV2A) BACK

SC is already dead and now it's AC's turn... :|

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 08:34 PM
But that's what's amazing about the series. They have proved that they're willing to take risks, and nothing was a bigger risk than the frontier. So in time, a fresh new AC would come out
and I'll probably be the complainer while you fierecly defend your love for that eventual release.

Change is great, but do the changes on a new version not on the one I love....

make some title called assassins order and apply your changes, waste somebody elses money and time not mine, i invested in assassin creed, i got anything but that..

CalgaryJay
11-08-2012, 08:34 PM
But if that's the case you could just replay AC2 a houndred times, what's the point of that. I think there's time to repeat the old and time to move on, and after 4 games of similar gameplay it's time to move on. In my opinion they can change whatever they want if they keep: Climbing, stealth-based, hidden blade, assassin's vs templars, parkour and the hood.

And ambient music! I always considered this a staple of the series, I'm surprised Ubi didn't see it that way.

Seriously for those saying its slow/boring, I put a lot of that on no music. My ACR glitched out & had no music after Seq 3, its amazing how much more boring/slow free roaming in Constantinople suddenly seemed.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 08:38 PM

make some title called assassins order and apply your changes, waste somebody elses money and time not mine, i invested in assassin creed, i got anything but that..

Seriously? you accuse Ubisoft for wasting your money beause you bought the game? Do you get angry on the cinema if the movie was bad too?

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I purchased this game on the merit of the ones before, it doesn't deliver (its no way near worthy of being related to them) and they are all different. but ubi promoted it as such

xboxauditore
11-08-2012, 08:44 PM
The only thing I don't like is the completely different layout of health, weapons etc.

I'm loving this game already though.

luckyto
11-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I purchased this game on the merit of the ones before, it doesn't deliver (its no way near worthy of being related to them) and they are all different

I felt that way about Brotherhood. It was such a rip off and a dumb down after AC2 and AC1. I bought Revelations on the hope it had changed. It was better, still crap. I bought AC3 praying that it had changed, and thankfully, it had.

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 08:46 PM

But what is ACIII if it's not a new version? You know if a series stays static for too long, it wouldn't stay for long, no matter how good it is.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I purchased this game on the merit of the ones before, it doesn't deliver (its no way near worthy of being related to them) and they are all different. but ubi promoted it as such

Just stop. you can't really expect the game to be like the prequalls, since it isn't one of the prequalls it's AC3 and everyone knew it was going to be different.

CalgaryJay
11-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I purchased this game on the merit of the ones before, it doesn't deliver (its no way near worthy of being related to them) and they are all different

Haha dude I read that thread you started, I don't mean this in a *****y way, but how do you even know if it stacks up or not when - at the spot you're at - the true game hasn't even started yet?

It doesn't really become Connor AC3 until Sequence 6, if you still hate it by then, fine. Just know you haven't even experienced the full AC3 yet, not even close.

PS- I get how it starts too slow, it does. But AC2 had a pretty slow start too, with all those minor, teenage chore type missions you had to do for your family. Carrying a box for your mom through the streets of Florence isn't very exciting either. Just the nature of these games.

Aethlwin
11-08-2012, 08:52 PM
So you're allowed to voice you ropinion if you like the game, but not if you don't like it? It seems to be a lot li--oh why hello there Mr Hitler.

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Just stop. you can't really expect the game to be like the prequalls, since it isn't one of the prequalls it's AC3 and everyone knew it was going to be different.

OK i will tell you what I like about it instead, thinking......

still thinking.....

the box has nice pictures on it, beyond that the game treats the user like a kid, and only a kid can think anything up to sequence 5 is interesting. and as an adult i cant see sequence 6 being any better tbh

Escappa
11-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow, the reason you don't like AC3 is because you haven't let go of Ezio yet. Ezio was great, but it's time to forget him (they mention him in sequence 5 though)

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I actually preferred altair and wish he was in every one of the games, your not listening, i dont like AC III because its boring and i owe UBI £40 worth of disappointing reviews, ive already agreed to lend my copy out to family and friends so they don't buy the crap.

normally i rang em up and bragged i owned it first with the others... and i came to this thread with the title it has to discuss how bad it is with people who feel the same way not to have someone convince me how wrong i am.

Im not changing my mind i hate the game, and they have messed up BIGTIME and RUINED the whole series..

Escappa
11-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I actually preferred altair and wish he was in every one of the games, your not listening, i dont like AC III because its boring and i owe UBI £40 worth of disappointing reviews, ive already agreed to lend my copy out to family and friends so they don't buy the crap.

normally i rang em up and bragged i owned it first with the others... and i came to this thread with the title it has to discuss how bad it is with people who feel the same way not to have someone convince me how wrong i am.

Ok fine, but i recall you're just on sequence 3, that's like 2 hours of the game out of 30!!! Why return it now? Give the darn thing a chance before you judge it!

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Im on sequence 5 or 6 now and still bored... so bored in fact im on this forum despite having a brand new game only unwrapped around 24hrs ago

StarzSuicide
11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't mind the ppl who put ways to better it. The ppl who make a thread to jus say " this game is crap it's so bad!!!" without reasons beyond why. ESPECIALLY since one of them is at like sequence 3. And keep in mind with the new engine they can only better he next game. So if you ant to complain to to the feedback section and give ways of improvement. I hate the ppl who bash it just because.

Ppl like S Evans. Beat the game then state your mind. If you don't like then plz stop complaining and refund your game. Go toYouTube an watch the story.

kshepherd97
11-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't have much to complain about AC3 it is a beautiful game, and the idea of using a native american character was very smart in a surprising way. My only complaint about the game was conner's becoming of an assassin. Because there was never really any depth in the process (hope thats not too much of a spoiler) and suddenly you have went from a boy to a teen to a grown (I am guessing 25) year old man. where are all the details of the training?

StarzSuicide
11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I agree the traInnt could have beEn better. Not the "three years later" but also they did it do they wouldn't have 3 games to do one character

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't mind the ppl who put ways to better it. The ppl who make a thread to jus say " this game is crap it's so bad!!!" without reasons beyond why. ESPECIALLY since one of them is at like sequence 3. And keep in mind with the new engine they can only better he next game. So if you ant to complain to to the feedback section and give ways of improvement. I hate the ppl who bash it just because.

Ppl like S Evans. Beat the game then state your mind. If you don't like then plz stop complaining and refund your game. Go toYouTube an watch the story.

oh im sorry, ok this is how you make it better, return to the format used in older versions... that was easy

DavisP92
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM

Im not changing my mind i hate the game, and they have messed up BIGTIME and RUINED the whole series..

LOL that's pretty funny. You think AC3 ruined the series, to me and few of my friends that play the game (the majority stopped) think AC3 was going back to the original concept that is AC1 and AC2. What really messed up the series was ACB and ACR, when the game really became a joke. The killstreaks and sync. system really made the game way to easy and took away the freedom. But that's just my opinion with some of my friends.

So your opinion is that AC3 ruined the series but my opinion is ACB and ACR ruined the series.

Funny how everyone that doesn't like this, or at least the majority, are the people that loved ACB and/or ACR

Escappa
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Why are you bored. You sneak around and kill people like before, the story has more deph and the missions is still about helping people out by killing guys stealthy.

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 09:31 PM

I don't mind if the first few minutes puts him off as long as he doesn't judge anything specific he hasn't experienced. S Evans' alright.

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 09:31 PM
ACB and ACR are expansions of AC and not games in their own right as such

I don't mind if the first few minutes puts him off as long as he doesn't judge anything specific he hasn't experienced. S Evans' alright.

I think that is a very fair comment and best response anyone has given me directly to how i feel about ACIII

Why are you bored. You sneak around and kill people like before, the story has more deph and the missions is still about helping people out by killing guys stealthy.

because the game is dull, it treats you like a kid all the way along, the controls are basic and easy making it BORING !!!

DavisP92
11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
ACB and ACR are expansions of AC and not games in their own right as such

I think that is a very fair comment and best response anyone has given me directly to how i feel about ACIII

As expansions of AC they failed at that, imo. I've posted a few times that this series has so much potential but they aren't using it. I'd say AC3 has the best story then AC2, AC1, ACB, ACR. Gameplay (freedom included) i'll put it as AC3, AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR

well could you tell me how you feel about AC3 and why you do feel that way? And if I can give you any reason to feel differently I'll try :)

luckyto
11-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Evans, in Sequence 7 --- the game opens up. Just wait till the end. Then judge. You've really just barely begun.

LOL that's pretty funny. You think AC3 ruined the series, to me and few of my friends that play the game (the majority stopped) think AC3 was going back to the original concept that is AC1 and AC2. What really messed up the series was ACB and ACR, when the game really became a joke. The killstreaks and sync. system really made the game way to easy and took away the freedom. But that's just my opinion with some of my friends.

So your opinion is that AC3 ruined the series but my opinion is ACB and ACR ruined the series.

Funny how everyone that doesn't like this, or at least the majority, are the people that loved ACB and/or ACR

AMEN TO THAT!!!! Same here! Everyone I know thought ACB was a joke. The only good thing about it was MP.

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 09:42 PM

.......... i liked ACB..... it had the most RPG elements so the replay value was extremely high for me......................

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Evans, in Sequence 7 --- the game opens up. Just wait till the end. Then judge. You've really just barely begun..

My problem is a game should not make you want to quit and throw it in the dustbin from the start, by sequence 7 the game is almost over so in reality i have paid for the ending only (been robbed)

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 09:47 PM
My problem is a game should not make you want to quit and throw it in the dustbin from the start, by sequence 7 the game is almost over so in reality i have paid for the ending only (been robbed)

i hate the whole first part of the game... i didn't pay for the game to play as someone who isn't connor.... i payed to play as connor

Escappa
11-08-2012, 09:49 PM

Half of the sequences doesn't mean half of the game. There's two thirds of the game left so it's not over yet.

StarzSuicide
11-08-2012, 09:53 PM

This is what I'm talking about. You were not robbed. You willingly Paid for the game. If you don't like it, then shut up and refund it. Go to YouTube, watch the story from there.

swampytkiller
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
When does AC3 get good? I have played all the other AC's start to finish and am disappointed with this so far. I have no empathy with the main character, the james bond voiced guy and quite enjoy when he gets killed. Most of the game has been cut scene after cut scene and linear. The gambling games are more annoying than fun, and I am a bit gutted that this latest creation has fallen so far from the benchmark that has previously been set.
As for ideas for improvement, set the next AC in feudal Japan or Imperial China in the and get back to blades and away from firearms.

luckyto
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM

It really hasn't begun. Trust me. There is so much free roam. I've clocked almost 30 hours in Sequence 7-10.... and I'm still going. I want to finish the story, but I'm having so much fun. Sequence 1-3 didn't bother me, I liked them. Sequence 4-6 though were very very slow. But trust me, it picks up.

S-EVANS
11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
This is what I'm talking about. You were not robbed. You willingly Paid for the game. If you don't like it, then shut up and refund it. Go to YouTube, watch the story from there.

When does AC3 get good? I have played all the other AC's start to finish and am disappointed with this so far. I have no empathy with the main character, the james bond voiced guy and quite enjoy when he gets killed. Most of the game has been cut scene after cut scene and linear. The gambling games are more annoying than fun, and I am a bit gutted that this latest creation has fallen so far from the benchmark that has previously been set.
As for ideas for improvement, set the next AC in feudal Japan or Imperial China in the and get back to blades and away from firearms.

Thats what im talking about... the red bit (i cannot believe so many people are willing to defend 7 full sequences of JUNK) its mind boggling. IM loving this game even the boring linear parts that cover almost 50% of it

if they gave me the option to have my money back, i would take it so fast they wouldnt see my hand move

Gespenst1246
11-08-2012, 10:01 PM
the buisness of making games is exactly that, a buisness, they didnt rob you of anything. you willingly paid on the pretext that it was going to be more of the same your pretext not theirs. (i actually like every game in the series including ACB, ACR)

luckyto
11-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Trust me. It picks up. Get into Sequence 7 and have some fun free-roaming. I've clocked like 30 hours just in Seq 7-10 and I'm barely denting it. Go, have fun.

DavisP92
11-08-2012, 10:36 PM
.......... i liked ACB..... it had the most RPG elements so the replay value was extremely high for me......................

I'm all for having rpg elements in AC3, go to the single player feedback page 57 and you;ll see i was talking about implementing rpg aspects. but the story of ACB was too similar to AC2. Meaning that Ezio was suppose to at the end of AC2 become a wise master assassins that wasn't driven by revenge but then he was driven by revenge again in ACB -.-

And the addition of killstreaks made the game far too easy, AC2 was already too easy. My 7 year old cousin, who sucks at games, was able to kill every single guard that he came across. THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! and the sync. system took away a lot of our freedom too and still is.

What made AC1 so great to many people was the atmosphere and (i hope, because it was for me and many others i know) the freedom that it gave you (or tried to give you) with the preparations. I could kill archers on the rooftops on one side knowing that i'm going to escape from that path and when you kill the templar you could actually run that way. But as soon as AC2 came out they took some of that away which was sad, but alright. And then they completely stripped it from ACB and ACR

Thats what im talking about... the red bit (i cannot believe so many people are willing to defend 7 full sequences of JUNK) its mind boggling. IM loving this game even the boring linear parts that cover almost 50% of it

if they gave me the option to have my money back, i would take it so fast they wouldnt see my hand move

I think it all depends on how people look at it, with ACB and ACR the games started fast as hell. Meaning you started off with a fight of some sort almost 10 minutes or even sooner when you start the game, which is different in AC1 and AC2. This is where I think they got their inspiration from with AC3. And personally I prefer it, I don't need a villa being destroyed or our character almost dying in the first few minutes to love the game. I enjoy the calm start of AC3, I actually spent a few hours in sequence 5 (before you meet Achilles) and went hunting and did side missions

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 01:08 AM
...I just think that most of the complain threads relentlessly resort to name calling to those who enjoy the game, therefore setting us off. If you see most of the positive posts, we almost never stoop to the name callers' level.

I had a good laugh at that one. Priceless.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 01:15 AM
WE WANT Patrice Désilets (http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPatrice _Désilets&ei=fgicULq5JYvprQef54GICA&usg=AFQjCNFGiyiTFJh0opysqjoPWJ8m2VhV2A) BACK|

Absolutely right! And Jesper Kyd.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 01:28 AM

I think it's funny that people are accusing those of us who love this series of not wanting change. If we were simply against all change, we would have dumped the series when AC2 came out, because it was nothing like AC1. But the changes to AC2 made it better than AC1, so we stuck with it. To suggest that those of us who have stuck with the series from day 1 are against change is ludicrous.

We even stuck with it when AC: Revelations came out, even though it was the weakest of the series. The problem now is that it's clear that Revelations was not just an aberration. There is a cancer eating away at this series, turning it into a shell of what it once was. And some folks are so blinded by AC3's setting and its enormous size that they don't see that within that huge game world, there's very little left of what made the franchise so great.

Layytez
11-09-2012, 01:33 AM
I think it's funny that people are accusing those of us who love this series of not wanting change. If we were simply against all change, we would have dumped the series when AC2 came out, because it was nothing like AC1. But the changes to AC2 made it better than AC1, so we stuck with it. To suggest that those of us who have stuck with the series from day 1 are against change is ludicrous.

We even stuck with it when AC: Revelations came out, even though it was the weakest of the series. The problem now is that it's clear that Revelations was not just an aberration. There is a cancer eating away at this series, turning it into a shell of what it once was. And some folks are so blinded by AC3's setting and its enormous size that they don't see that within that huge game world, there's very little left of what made the franchise so great.

Preach !

DavisP92
11-09-2012, 01:48 AM

I think that depends on what you are looking at though, the story was improved in, as well as the gameplay options (races, assassination contracts, etc.), AC2 but the atmosphere and graphics were lowered. The difficulty almost was also gone even though AC1 wasn't that difficult it still had a bigger challenge than AC2. And the preparation was gone as well, in AC1 you could kill a few archers on the rooftops to set up a path for you to run away when you kill the target but in AC2 that was gone. So in my eyes AC1 to 2 wasn't a better change really but a different one. I'd still prefer to play AC1 over AC2.

And what i've noticed is that the majority of the people that are complaining are the people that liked ACB over the rest, which in my eyes the almost the complete opposite of what should be seen. Thinking back on it, it is kinda hard to say which 3 titles are the better than the others (ac1, 2 and 3) but I still think the atmosphere in AC1 beats everything. ACB and ACR are the worst of the series, to me.

You make a valid point that there is a cancer eating away at the series, but what i'm see is that the features with ACB and ACR is what is ruining the series. The original concept for AC1 was amazing, stuff that didn't even make it into the final game. Look up the 2006 First Demo, it was amazing. the eagle vision was better in my opinion, they had horses in cities (which wasn't even released until ACB), you could only take about 2 or 3 hits (if you were hit without blocking you would die), you could cause a blockade by cutting a block of wood that was holding up a structure, thus blocking the street (which was in ACR, or at least a sissy version of it). When you had to escape after killing the target, you actually had to leave the city and if you didn't make it out in time they would close the gate and lock you in.

The original idea behind AC was the best, almost using all of it's potential but they failed when they messed up when they changed it before release and then continued to do so with every game release.

Edit:
Here is the video I was talking about.

Although I do admit that the graphics did become better in the final product, and Jade does say some bullshi* in the vid but the overall concept was beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUlSWpjmHf4

rego00123
11-09-2012, 02:02 AM
consumers have every right to complain about products they payed for. especially when demos showed of that game ran NOTHING like the final product.
the majority of "complaining" has merit and isn't just mindless gaffing

if it bothers you just ignore the posts. you are not FORCED to read them

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 02:06 AM
I think that depends on what you are looking at though, the story was improved in, as well as the gameplay options (races, assassination contracts, etc.), AC2 but the atmosphere and graphics were lowered. The difficulty almost was also gone even though AC1 wasn't that difficult it still had a bigger challenge than AC2. And the preparation was gone as well, in AC1 you could kill a few archers on the rooftops to set up a path for you to run away when you kill the target but in AC2 that was gone. So in my eyes AC1 to 2 wasn't a better change really but a different one. I'd still prefer to play AC1 over AC2.

And what i've noticed is that the majority of the people that are complaining are the people that liked ACB over the rest, which in my eyes the almost the complete opposite of what should be seen. Thinking back on it, it is kinda hard to say which 3 titles are the better than the others (ac1, 2 and 3) but I still think the atmosphere in AC1 beats everything. ACB and ACR are the worst of the series, to me.

You make a valid point that there is a cancer eating away at the series, but what i'm see is that the features with ACB and ACR is what is ruining the series. The original concept for AC1 was amazing, stuff that didn't even make it into the final game. Look up the 2006 First Demo, it was amazing. the eagle vision was better in my opinion, they had horses in cities (which wasn't even released until ACB), you could only take about 2 or 3 hits (if you were hit without blocking you would die), you could cause a blockade by cutting a block of wood that was holding up a structure, thus blocking the street (which was in ACR, or at least a sissy version of it). When you had to escape after killing the target, you actually had to leave the city and if you didn't make it out in time they would close the gate and lock you in.

The original idea behind AC was the best, almost using all of it's potential but they failed when they messed up when they changed it before release and then continued to do so with every game release.

Edit:
Here is the video I was talking about.

Although I do admit that the graphics did become better in the final product, and Jade does say some bullshi* in the vid but the overall concept was beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUlSWpjmHf4

you do know stuff was cut out of every game right? not really fair to judge the games on mechanics that never entered the games release day.

that looked boring as hell btw.

not exactly sure what you see in it? he wasn't all that discreet, he wasn't assassin like, he wasn't doing anything great or spectacular. and it seemed like it could get boring fast(which it did, according to alot of people).

its not because the game is losing its sense of self man, its that each game is in a different era imo. things change, armor improves, the assassins get better.the templars grow smarter. the series isn't losing itself. it is adapting. AC1 feels different then the other games. AC2/B/R feels different from the other games. AC3 feels different than the other games. each is taken place in a different era. i bet if we ever got one in egypt than it would be different than also.

the game is not loaing its self. It is evolving

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 02:06 AM

True.

DavisP92
11-09-2012, 02:31 AM
you do know stuff was cut out of every game right? not really fair to judge the games on mechanics that never entered the games release day.

that looked boring as hell btw.

not exactly sure what you see in it? he wasn't all that discreet, he wasn't assassin like, he wasn't doing anything great or spectacular. and it seemed like it could get boring fast(which it did, according to alot of people).

its not because the game is losing its sense of self man, its that each game is in a different era imo. things change, armor improves, the assassins get better.the templars grow smarter. the series isn't losing itself. it is adapting. AC1 feels different then the other games. AC2/B/R feels different from the other games. AC3 feels different than the other games. each is taken place in a different era. i bet if we ever got one in egypt than it would be different than also.

the game is not loaing its self. It is evolving

Well of course every game was released after things were cut, but the fact that you think they were boring yet they were brought back shows that they actually weren't. You're saying that it's boring to have a horse running in cities, which is what ACB and AC3 has now. it's more about adding more options, what's funny is you're acting like you know what it means to be an assassin. And yes maybe in terms of a ninja you are right, but the Hassassins actually assassinated people in public in front of everyone. Which was shown in the demo.

My argument isn't about the new weapons or new setting or even the smarted assassins and templars, it's about freedom and other instances that were taken away from the game when they shouldn't have been. However, it is funny that you say the assassins are getting smarter when in reality they are becoming dumber, if you want to be stealthy then maybe wearing the assassin symbol on your clothing isn't the smartest thing to do.

Even if the game has different settings and different features that doesn't mean they should get rid of the things that made the original great. Instead they should add upon it, which they kinda did in AC2 but loss somethings as well. Which were acceptable, but ACB and ACR removed them completely. AC3 kinda went back to it and that is why i'm enjoying it.

Edit: also if you say the game isn't losing a sense of itself, then why are the ratings of the game falling more and more? Why are fans of the series starting to turn away from the game more and more? Just because you think the game is amazing (which is good for you :) ) that doesn't mean it really is, the facts show that there is a change happening to the game. And It could either change for the better or the worse :(

Can I ask you to put the series in order from best to worst in your opinion?

CalgaryJay
11-09-2012, 04:00 AM
consumers have every right to complain about products they payed for. especially when demos showed of that game ran NOTHING like the final product.
the majority of "complaining" has merit and isn't just mindless gaffing

It's hard to ignore when 2 out of every 3 threads in here is a whiny thread. It's ridiculous that to have an actual normal discussion about the game you have to wade through so much crap to find it.

It just stuns me how everyone thinks they need their own personal thread to whine in. What makes your "its too buggyyyy", "its not Ezioooooo" thread OP any different than the other 80 threads with the exact same topic????? Man this stuff grinds my gears

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 04:15 AM
It's hard to ignore when 2 out of every 3 threads in here is a whiny thread.

When 2 out of 3 players find significant faults with the game, that many threads are going to be devoted to complaints. As others have said, you don't have to click on the complaint threads.

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 04:18 AM
When 2 out of 3 players find significant faults with the game, that many threads are going to be devoted to complaints. As others have said, you don't have to click on the complaint threads.

nice back-pedaling bro.

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 04:37 AM
I'm all for having rpg elements in AC3, go to the single player feedback page 57 and you;ll see i was talking about implementing rpg aspects. but the story of ACB was too similar to AC2. Meaning that Ezio was suppose to at the end of AC2 become a wise master assassins that wasn't driven by revenge but then he was driven by revenge again in ACB -.-

LOL exactly. My problem with ACB was, good as it was, it was ultimately like a DLC of AC 2, same location type, mostly same characters, and ccould have been easily incorporated at the end of AC II.

TrueAssassin77
11-09-2012, 04:38 AM
^ thats actually why its one of my favs.
felt to me like a beefed up AC2

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 04:44 AM
LOL exactly. My problem with ACB was, good as it was, it was ultimately like a DLC of AC 2, same location type, mostly same characters, and ccould have been easily incorporated at the end of AC II.
My biggest beef with ACII is that the story in Venice felt like filler, so Rome, albeit probably not as large, could've definitely be squeezed in there somewhere...heh heh. I mean, the Pazzis were great, why not the entire Borgia family for the second half?

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 04:45 AM
I didn't hate ACB bro, infact I hate none of them, some I just like more and some I like less. :D

redeyes420420
11-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Everyone can state the way they feel about the game. Thats what the forums are for as well as talking good about the game. AC3 is by far great but it still has a lot of frustrating problems that can tend to push people over the edge. Sometimes I found myself needing to stop playing and do something else because little glitches would fail my sync on a mission for 100 percent syncing so when you have to repeat because of problems it gets old and worn out. But I still loved the game and continue to run around even though I have completed near everything. The issues it has had though are pretty serious and should be more well addressed in the future for sure.

CalgaryJay
11-09-2012, 04:55 PM

No, that's not an excuse for debby downers to take over the boards. There's a feedback thread where people can complain, and numerous other threads which have popped up here where they can rant in. Complain all you want inside the appropriate threads, but there's no need to create a new topic for the same complaint over and over and over (and over) again.

Anyway I've noticed its been dying down a bit the last couple days which is good to see. Hopefully it stays that way, this place was becoming pretty unbearable for a few days there..

NumberSix1967
11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
POLICE STATE POLICE STATE POLICE STATE.

But seriously, we're allowed to complain. Anyway, constructive criticism is always welcome and many people here aren't just saying "f*k Ubisoft i 8 them. weres connerz hood after u finish da game!??!?!?" and instead choosing to outlay their disappointments with a calm demeanour. Plus, those of us who didn't like the game, are genuinely glad people did.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Ubisoft welcomes all types of feedback.

As long as it's constructive and not abusive to anyone, it's all good.

Repeat threads do tend to get locked though, due to being repeats - however due to the scale of the forums - some do get missed..

I am closing my eyes to all of the 'OMG wheres the hood' threads though. LOL

We would prefer people use the pinned threads, since it gives us a central place to post replies to and take feedback from - so none is missed ;)

NumberSix1967
11-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Too true. ACB was just an add-on pack but a good one none the less. I'm playing through it now, after finishing AC2 again post-AC3 disappointment. It does seem like AC2 was to be the end of Ezio and it would have been fitting although if you think about it...what other assassin also found his questions rebuffed at the end of their game? *cough cough, the new one*. In giving Ezio another two games I felt he was given a good end overall so I won't criticise their existence. Maybe one would have sufficed, but I loved Revelations' setting, atmosphere, characters and ending so you know, each to their own. In sticking ACB at the end of AC2 it may have bloated AC2 to such a degree that it would have been 'too' big. Maybe dropping Forli and the mountains from AC2 and making Rome the last levels would have been okay. Perhaps that was the original plan then the team thought about making one game set in Rome. Who knows? A mission in Sequence 4 in ACB, infiltrate the Castello, is one of my all-time favourite AC levels so I'm happy.

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Too true. ACB was just an add-on pack but a good one none the less. I'm playing through it now, after finishing AC2 again post-AC3 disappointment. It does seem like AC2 was to be the end of Ezio and it would have been fitting although if you think about it...what other assassin also found his questions rebuffed at the end of their game? *cough cough, the new one*. In giving Ezio another two games I felt he was given a good end overall so I won't criticise their existence. Maybe one would have sufficed, but I loved Revelations' setting, atmosphere, characters and ending so you know, each to their own. In sticking ACB at the end of AC2 it may have bloated AC2 to such a degree that it would have been 'too' big. Maybe dropping Forli and the mountains from AC2 and making Rome the last levels would have been okay. Perhaps that was the original plan then the team thought about making one game set in Rome. Who knows? A mission in Sequence 4 in ACB, infiltrate the Castello, is one of my all-time favourite AC levels so I'm happy.

I read somewhere that initially ACB was meant to be a set of DLCs for AC II. Thats why it feels that way I think lol.

viper6332
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
the story was good and there are alot of new additions to the game that work well but as the 4th game in the series its way under the standard we have come to expect from assassins creed games, The bugs and glitches are vast and varied they can even change while doing the same mission if u are trying to get %100 synch and for the record those people who are making posts telling ubisoft that they need to put more work in to there next game are not pointless they will help ubisoft fix the next assassins creed as its in there best interest as they wont want to lose customers

I would rather read pages of complaints that were helping ubisoft than have to see posts like yours as they are just as pointless as the people who are commenting on stupid things

hyatari
11-09-2012, 07:34 PM
WE DO NOT CARE. If you don't like it, return it. We don't care you hate Connor or think the game was too easy or whatever. If you hate it so much why are you making a forum about it? Probably cuz you did like it and wanted attention. Connors story and how he fit in the world he was placed fits perfectly. If you don't like it return it, it's that simple. It's your fault not the game. So stop complaining and do something about it, go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure or something. AC3 is a great addition to the story.

I would suggest, fairly convincingly, that starting a thread about it does mean you care. You also sound very mature and reasonable. Congrats.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Ya but they listened to many of the same people &(@*#()@#$& about ACR & ACB..... they took & combined lots of the complaints & suggestions & made appropriate changes AND YOU'RE STILL WHINING AND MOANING about crap that isn't even wrong with it.

I'll keep saying this, AC has a dividided fan base on what it wants for AC. One portion wants one thing, another wants another thing. Every new game that comes out, those who didn't get their wishes catered to come out screaming. It will always happen. The changes people wanted from the 2 previous games happened and we still have unhappy people.

I'll give people the bugs & glitches anger... I'll also give people some legit gripes about it (lack of music).. but most of what I see is just anal nit picking and refusal to learn some new mechanics.
& for those who really do dislike it (story, setting, characters, voice actors, etc.) it's NOTHING they can fix since they won't know what you will like.
Lots hated Ezio, lots loved him. Hit & miss guessing. & it's pretty obvious they were trying to give us something opposite Ezio's character type in Connor's.
I think it's well done.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 07:53 PM
the story was good and there are alot of new additions to the game that work well but as the 4th game in the series its way under the standard we have come to expect from assassins creed games, The bugs and glitches are vast and varied they can even change while doing the same mission if u are trying to get 0 synch and for the record those people who are making posts telling ubisoft that they need to put more work in to there next game are not pointless they will help ubisoft fix the next assassins creed as its in there best interest as they wont want to lose customers

I would rather read pages of complaints that were helping ubisoft than have to see posts like yours as they are just as pointless as the people who are commenting on stupid things
Actually, they have bug/glitch areas & feedback threads, we're mostly seeing haters, trolls & ranters throwing tantrums. THAT is what's getting so annoying to those of us who find this game amazing.
One guy's complaining that he doesn't see any male deer. *facepalm*. Another that the story lapses a few 6 month periods of time...
???????? Ridiculous. Another guy wanted less RPG. 1/2 the stuff I see around here if changed by Ubi would RUIN AC altogether. Plus, most of it is not even done constructively with respect. It's just dripping with insult.
It's hostile & rude. I feel sorry for these devs after 3 yrs of hard work to read this crap.

AdrianJacek
11-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Is it weird that I have only encountered 2 glitches? Like - LITERALLY only two major glitches.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Is it weird that I have only encountered 2 glitches? Like - LITERALLY only two major glitches.
I broke the game once early on, but nothing's happened since. Not even big bugs.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I have not encountered any :|

Beat that

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Actually, they have bug/glitch areas & feedback threads, we're mostly seeing haters, trolls & ranters throwing tantrums. THAT is what's getting so annoying to those of us who find this game amazing.
One guy's complaining that he doesn't see any male deer. *facepalm*. Another that the story lapses a few 6 month periods of time...
???????? Ridiculous. Another guy wanted less RPG. 1/2 the stuff I see around here if changed by Ubi would RUIN AC altogether. Plus, most of it is not even done constructively with respect. It's just dripping with insult.
It's hostile & rude. I feel sorry for these devs after 3 yrs of hard work to read this crap.
Wow Prodi.. xD You`re usually the calm one..

I guess this place really gets to ya :P

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 07:58 PM
No, that's not an excuse for debby downers to take over the boards. There's a feedback thread where people can complain, and numerous other threads which have popped up here where they can rant in. Complain all you want inside the appropriate threads, but there's no need to create a new topic for the same complaint over and over and over (and over) again.

Anyway I've noticed its been dying down a bit the last couple days which is good to see. Hopefully it stays that way, this place was becoming pretty unbearable for a few days there..

^^^ Exactly ^^^ Wish I would have just read your post first & pasted it & saved the time.

ps. this happened w/ ACR - it causes people who like it to just leave.

FirestarLuva
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Ya but they listened to many of the same people &(@*#()@#$& about ACR & ACB..... they took & combined lots of the complaints & suggestions & made appropriate changes AND YOU'RE STILL WHINING AND MOANING about crap that isn't even wrong with it.

I'll keep saying this, AC has a dividided fan base on what it wants for AC. One portion wants one thing, another wants another thing. Every new game that comes out, those who didn't get their wishes catered to come out screaming. It will always happen. The changes people wanted from the 2 previous games happened and we still have unhappy people.

I'll give people the bugs & glitches anger... I'll also give people some legit gripes about it (lack of music).. but most of what I see is just anal nit picking and refusal to learn some new mechanics.
& for those who really do dislike it (story, setting, characters, voice actors, etc.) it's NOTHING they can fix since they won't know what you will like.
Lots hated Ezio, lots loved him. Hit & miss guessing. & it's pretty obvious they were trying to give us something opposite Ezio's character type in Connor's.
I think it's well done.

I agree with this. Today people don't seem to appreciate what they have. For all we know, Ubi could've ended the series with three games and be done with it. But they didn't. For all those whining how Ezio is not Connor, the story sucks, be grateful Ubi gave you 2 more games with him even though many people were against it. Accept change and don't whine about it. AC is not Ezio, his story is done and it's time for a new, better one. But there will always be haters, for every AC game that comes out, sadly.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Wow Prodi.. xD You`re usually the calm one..

I guess this place really gets to ya :P

I know huh. Well, I did mention a few times how my patience finally ran out with this stuff.
I always feel bad after I let loose, that's why I try not to.:nonchalance: It isn't personal with anybody tho. I hope they know that.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I know huh. Well, I did mention a few times how my patience finally ran out with this stuff.
I always feel bad after I let loose, that's why I try not to.:nonchalance: It isn't personal with anybody tho. I hope they know that.
Nah.. Do not worry.. You`re posts were like a loose cannon, but they managed to maintain Generalization and not target a specific member:p

I just hope everyone understands.. xD

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Times like these I just step away and play some ball. Posting is rewarding, but also stressful, lol.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM
lol. Ya, I really do need to get some work done, good time to do that. (forums take up so much time)
Thanks you guys. :)

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 08:16 PM
To all the defenders here....honestly ask yourself whether AC as a franchise, as a VIDEO GAME has evolved beyond the usual fluff and widow dressing? Have we seen a growth in the higher design concepts from the first game? have we seen a "Blue Shift"? Have they explored the idea of exploring a living breathing city which is your playground via mission design, stealth mechanics and AI systems BEYOND what is already done?

NO!!!!

there has been marginal growth and that too in mostly deviant directions.....massive tomb raider and uncharted influences with NOTHING added to the core formula apart for a tweak or two.

Are you oblivious to this?

THIS IS THE 5th GAME IN THE FRANCHISE!!! And we have seen absolutely 0 evolutionary gameplay!! heck thanks to the mission design and the stealth system this game is a regression!!

Escaping a burning building is not innovation
Ordering infantry to open fire is not innovation
Extremely linear missions is not innovation
Hunting is NOT innovation

I would be happy with this game were it the third or the fourth game in the franchise......but now? Sorry but I can't mask my disappointment anymore and I will be writing out frequently in hope that it makes a difference, however small

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
To all the defenders here....honestly ask yourself whether AC as a franchise, as a VIDEO GAME has evolved beyond the usual fluff and widow dressing? Have we seen a growth in the higher design concepts from the first game? have we seen a "Blue Shift"? Have they explored the idea of exploring a living breathing city which is your playground via mission design, stealth mechanics and AI systems BEYOND what is already done?

NO!!!!

there has been marginal growth and that too in mostly deviant directions.....massive tomb raider and uncharted influences with NOTHING added to the core formula apart for a tweak or two.

THIS IS THE 5th GAME IN THE FRANCHISE!!! And we have seen absolutely 0 evolutionary gameplay!! heck thanks to the mission design and the stealth system this game is a regression!!

I would be happy with this game were it the third or the fourth game in the franchise......but now? Sorry but I can't mask my disappointment anymore and I will be writing out frequently in hope that it makes a difference, however small
Did we try to convince you that the game is Awesome ?? No... So do not try to convince us that the game is disappointing. It is to you, but not to a lot of us... Complain in the feedback thread.. Doing it more than once, though is spam..

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 08:29 PM

NO!!!!

I genuinely think that some mission types are the best ones. Charging through enemy fire is a highlight.
Even with the chase missions, I think you only assumed there's only one way to tackle them. Even with optional objectives, you can still achieve your goals with so many different tools and locations to hide in. Poison darts saved my life, for example. As for hunting, a good source of pounds for me.

Three big mechanic upgrades that are probably not as marginal as you think: Combat, auto lock and free-run. Combat is done in the way that you cannot button mash your way through dicey situations. Auto lock is self explanatory. Free run frees up your thumb for camera control, the series' first.

The game is not close to perfect, but we usually frown at someone stating that absolutely no redeeming quality about anything.

WarriorAegis
11-09-2012, 08:32 PM
There's a difference between negative criticism and positive criticism.

Negative criticism tears down, insults, and tells only what the person did wrong (in this case, a team of devs).

Positive criticism builds up, tells what the person did right and what they can improve upon.

Complaining is an example of negative criticism. That's why some of us want you complainers to stop. Instead of complaining, tell Ubisoft what they did right and what they can improve. That's much more effective.

eagleforlife1
11-09-2012, 08:42 PM
To the OP. I loved AC3 but those that didn't are entitled to not like it.

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I genuinely think that some mission types are the best ones. Charging through enemy fire is a highlight.
Even with the chase missions, I think you only assumed there's only one way to tackle them. Even with optional objectives, you can still achieve your goals with so many different tools and locations to hide in. Poison darts saved my life, for example. As for hunting, a good source of pounds for me.

Three big mechanic upgrades that are probably not as marginal as you think: Combat, auto lock and free-run. Combat is done in the way that you cannot button mash your way through dicey situations. Auto lock is self explanatory. Free run frees up your thumb for camera control, the series' first.

The game is not close to perfect, but we usually frown at someone stating that absolutely no redeeming quality about anything.

The negatives far outweigh the positives in this game, IMHO. This game lots of things extremely well and the majority of the improvements are welcome additions. See "redeeming" is too strong a word.....that means that the game overcomes it's negatives and provides the user enough entertainment value which overshadows the flaws. In my case it isn't so....and that is why I've stated that I'm hugely let down. Redemption, in my eyes, will be attained via a systemic improvement in the core concepts...solid, "tangible" improvements made in the AI and mission design and narrative.

See the thing is that I'm broke up about the game because I see brilliance in it...brilliance, which in my opinion went untapped. There are moments when everything comes together for a brief moment and the game is spectacular....nanoseconds on the timeline of the game's life.

Ill be reviewing the game this weekend and you can read why I feel so strongly in greater detail.....I don't think you will see it as negative whining then, at least I hope so. Please don't assume that all people who are disappointed with the are trolls or whiners...there are genuine problems with this game whether you chose to accept them or not...that's your prerogative.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Ill be reviewing the game this weekend and you can read why I feel so strongly in greater detail.....I don't think you will see it as negative whining then, at least I hope so. Please don't assume that all people who are disappointed with the are trolls or whiners...there are genuine problems with this game whether you chose to accept them or not...that's your prerogative.
Coming from you, I don't think it'll be pure whining. I might bring up some points purely for debate, but I probably won't say you're abolutely wrong.

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Coming from you, I don't think it'll be pure whining. I might bring up some points purely for debate, but I probably won't say you're abolutely wrong.

Thanks, Zheng. I appreciate your willingness to hear the other side out. On a positive note....I don't think I can ever play another third person game again because AC3s animations have ruined it for me.....absolutely superb!

AdrianJacek
11-09-2012, 08:56 PM
I have not encountered any :|

Beat that

Fancy you. :P Once I got stuck inside a tree and once the man-eater bear clipped though the cave while I was in the middle of pwning him. The bear I could just restart later and the tree prison was not an issue because not you can fast travel whenever you want. On a side note - now I remember the same thing happened to me once in Revelations. Stuck inside a smal object.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 10:45 PM

NO!!!!

What makes a game good is if it's FUN, has some challenge to it, offers some change and if it's longer than 10 hours imo (for game value). I'm not demanding devs [of any game franchise] make a game that's "innovative" and somehow surpasses specific things. The point of a game is fun & enjoyment. They've more than done that in AC3. So it's not that I'm "oblivious", it's that YOU set a criteria that I reject for a game to be good.

Someone else already went into details about this game's advancements, it's just that you aren't impressed. So be it, but many of us are & maybe we don't carry all the same demands you do?

There's a difference between negative criticism and positive criticism.

Negative criticism tears down, insults, and tells only what the person did wrong (in this case, a team of devs).

Positive criticism builds up, tells what the person did right and what they can improve upon.

Complaining is an example of negative criticism. That's why some of us want you complainers to stop. Instead of complaining, tell Ubisoft what they did right and what they can improve. That's much more effective.

Exactly. Some of the troll type rant threads ripped it to shreds & then a few posts down would mention that they actually liked the game....
that would have been great to know in the OP after they write out a scathing condemnation with nothing but what they hate most. ???
I guess people don't get it (or care). I bet they'd care if people treated them the same when it came to their own work or efforts.

>>>On a positive note....I don't think I can ever play another third person game again because AC3s animations have ruined it for me.....absolutely superb! <<<
On that we can agree - I'm in awe of them, very satisfying!

pb0yd1
11-09-2012, 11:01 PM
shobhit , as dome 1 pointed out FUN , a feeling off happiness , some sort of achievement . How long you played GRFS now m8 , even whith the well you know what i mean .
At the end off the day we are all different ,and i for 1 respect that opinions differ , and so i will respect yours .
Atleast theres no lag yet .:)

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
What makes a game good is if it's FUN, has some challenge to it, offers some change and if it's longer than 10 hours imo (for game value). I'm not demanding devs [of any game franchise] make a game that's "innovative" and somehow surpasses specific things. The point of a game is fun & enjoyment. They've more than done that in AC3. So it's not that I'm "oblivious", it's that YOU set a criteria that I reject for a game to be good.

Someone else already went into details about this game's advancements, it's just that you aren't impressed. So be it, but many of us are & maybe we don't carry all the same demands you do?

Exactly. Some of the troll type rant threads ripped it to shreds & then a few posts down would mention that they actually liked the game....
that would have been great to know in the OP after they write out a scathing condemnation with nothing but what they hate most. ???
I guess people don't get it (or care). I bet they'd care if people treated them the same when it came to their own work or efforts.

Precisely...now if you would like to step into my ("Complainer's") shoes for a moment you can see how this applies to you as well.

While you may be satisfied with this, I am not and consequentially I will be as vocal as you are albeit from the "Other side".

Hunting and playing Homesteadville is NOT my idea of fun. And while you may enjoy the ride for a couple of more years I doubt that you would still appreciate the game if it is on it's 8th game with still the same design issues.....which WILL be the case if "scathing" critiques are not made.

I'm 100% against belittling other people's efforts, especially dev's but I also believe in being 100% honest about delivering a critical review. I do it because I care.

It's like seeing your prodigious son/daughter squander away his/her gifts in lieu of mediocrity....and this game is rife with it. The game has potential and Ubisodt is one of the few ginormous studios that can do justice to it and frankly I'm not seeing it.

We can agree to disagree on this but please don't frown upon, belittle or jump on folks who have legitimate concerns and complaints against the game. If it sucks, I'll call it so.

Also this Kotaku article really nails it and reflects my feelings on the game (Not 100% but a large part)

http://kotaku.com/5958941/how-has-assassins-creed-iii-disappointed-me-let-me-count-the-ways?tag=assassin.s-creed

I was expecting a true GOTY...this is not it.

EDIT:

Oh and BTW...FUN is exactly what I felt lacking in AC3...it lacked 'soul' and lost a bit of the series's magic IMO...each to his own I guess ;)

bart578
11-09-2012, 11:10 PM

AGREED. Well said mate.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 11:13 PM
AGREED. Well said mate.
Its not exactly well said, to be quite honest xD

raytrek79
11-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm addicted to AC3, it tickles my fancy as well as any of the others.

luckyto
11-09-2012, 11:16 PM
shobbit777s, I remember you from the Brotherhood and Revelations times. You've always had a level head towards the games. You know, I'm kind of mixed about what you are saying. I actually feel that combat, stealth and the economic system did make serious advances. I feel like the NPC behaviors and variety in the game are major advances. But there is an element of truth to what you say. Especially mission design and AI. I look forward to hearing your POV.

white_elvise
11-09-2012, 11:35 PM

How did u found it has more depth? The game now looks like Farmville with a kill option. I'm not sure the AC4 will not look like Monopoly with AC label not it, who can prevent the developer from such "changes"? Of course, in this case ul be able to assassinate too.

raytrek79
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM
I am not complaining but Connor is really socially awkward, to the point he is pretty much a cliché, he has very little sense of humour. Now I know if you kill people for a living and have the weight of the world on your shoulders, it does not leave much room for goofing around, but Ezio managed it.

natek_morzy
11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
You're an idiot.. It's fedback, they want feedback. Do you think feedback is only allowed to be good?

Why the **** do we care if you care? Why would we? ARE YOU UBISOFT?

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
You're an idiot.. It's fedback, they want feedback. Do you think feedback is only allowed to be good?

Why the **** do we care if you care? Why would we? ARE YOU UBISOFT?
Calm down now.. No need for insults.. This thread has been surprisingly civil, lets not turn it other wise..

Escappa
11-10-2012, 12:00 AM
How did u found it has more depth? The game now looks like Farmville with a kill option. I'm not sure the AC4 will not look like Monopoly with AC label not it, who can prevent the developer from such "changes"? Of course, in this case ul be able to assassinate too.

It's the fact that it's no longer just about finding POE or just killing templars. We're following an assassins life from a little innocent child, to an bold teenager. And at the end of the game, 30 years later, Connor understands that he's part of something bigger and he's more responsible for his actions. We see his anger over the fact that his people are in danger and he gives his whole youth to save them. At the same time he's a part of forming a nation who will in the future kill most of the native americans. And that's one of the best things in the game, we see him fight for his people, but we, the players, knows something that he don't: in the end, he will loose, and that's what make the story so good: no matter how long he fights for his peoples rights, in the end it'll be pointless.

And THAT my friend is where I found more deph.

LightRey
11-10-2012, 12:01 AM
You've been doing that for years now and the AC games have sold better and better with each installment. Whatever points you're trying to make, you keep making them every time and each time they don't listen they get more sales it seems.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I am not complaining but Connor is really socially awkward, to the point he is pretty much a cliché, he has very little sense of humour. Now I know if you kill people for a living and have the weight of the world on your shoulders, it does not leave much room for goofing around, but Ezio managed it.
When did not having a sense of humor suddenly become a cliche? If you ask me, too many popular characters in the gaming world are too humorous, in turn making them not quite cliche but overdone. I rather the characters themselves don't force the humor in just for the sake of it, but instead have the situation around him/her funny. In this case, Norris and Connor. 'Nuff said.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Today people don't seem to appreciate what they have. For all we know, Ubi could've ended the series with three games and be done with it.

I'm beginning to wish they had. After Brotherhood, Ubisoft were on top of the world with this franchise. Now Assassin's Creed looks like it's circling the drain. I used to appreciate what I had when Brotherhood was the most recent addition, but every release since then has just made the series look like garbage.

There's a point in every game franchise when the developers should say 'enough is enough'. Assassin's Creed jumped the shark with Revelations. I'm now hoping they call it a day.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Precisely...now if you would like to step into my ("Complainer's") shoes for a moment you can see how this applies to you as well.

While you may be satisfied with this, I am not and consequentially I will be as vocal as you are albeit from the "Other side".

Hunting and playing Homesteadville is NOT my idea of fun. And while you may enjoy the ride for a couple of more years I doubt that you would still appreciate the game if it is on it's 8th game with still the same design issues.....which WILL be the case if "scathing" critiques are not made.

I'm 100% against belittling other people's efforts, especially dev's but I also believe in being 100% honest about delivering a critical review. I do it because I care.

It's like seeing your prodigious son/daughter squander away his/her gifts in lieu of mediocrity....and this game is rife with it. The game has potential and Ubisodt is one of the few ginormous studios that can do justice to it and frankly I'm not seeing it.

We can agree to disagree on this but please don't frown upon, belittle or jump on folks who have legitimate concerns and complaints against the game. If it sucks, I'll call it so.

Also this Kotaku article really nails it and reflects my feelings on the game (Not 100% but a large part)

http://kotaku.com/5958941/how-has-assassins-creed-iii-disappointed-me-let-me-count-the-ways?tag=assassin.s-creed

I was expecting a true GOTY...this is not it.

EDIT:

Oh and BTW...FUN is exactly what I felt lacking in AC3...it lacked 'soul' and lost a bit of the series's magic IMO...each to his own I guess http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

K first off, I have no issue with you/people vocalizing their negative issues here - it's partly why a forum exists for a game. All games have issues & all gamers have opinions to share either way.
My problem is mainly the WAY the criticisms are lodged as most of my posts reflect. This forum has been over-run with rude hostility and this is why these types of threads are popping up, people are sick of it taking the board over. (it's why you see a lone thread of someone's Q: "am I the only one here who likes AC3 and Connor" ?) The same thing happened last year w/ ACR.
One person accused the devs of being lazy and not caring about fans, etc. etc. So yes, I'll step in at that point and give some back & be just as vocal. It isn't to say I find every aspect of the game perfect.

I'll just comment to a few things - that 'magic' imo is partially lost due to lack of a strong soundtrack to carry it thru like we've been used to. No matter where you are, it feels 'dead' quiet/hollow.
The music sets a mood and this almost has none. At least if there's lack of music, they should have made the city streets noisier w/ people's conversations, town criers, bustling city noises - street performers or whatever to fill in the void. So I feel the 'soul' and mood were lost mostly there. At least that's how I feel when I play, everything else has been awesome.

Also, Hunting and playing Homesteadville IS my idea of fun :) I love strategy gaming, so I like micro management and building of most any kind as long as it's done decent.
I also need to do hunting in this game to buy things, so it isn't as if I just go hunt for fun... it does have a purpose plus there are challenges that revolve around hunting too for acheivements.
I don't see why that's so bad - different people enjoy different things in AC and they tried to deliver alot of that stuff so I do consider it "fun" for wider audiences possible preferences. If you don't want to hunt, you have the option to skip most of it. No problem.

Aside from all the other stuff there is to do, I'm also loving the missions - but I am only in Seq 6, so I haven't gotten to the bigger ones yet & I can't share an opinion past what I've played.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm beginning to wish they had. After Brotherhood, Ubisoft were on top of the world with this franchise. Now Assassin's Creed looks like it's circling the drain. I used to appreciate what I had when Brotherhood was the most recent addition, but every release since then has just made the series look like garbage.

There's a point in every game franchise when the developers should say 'enough is enough'. Assassin's Creed jumped the shark with Revelations. I'm now hoping they call it a day.
Not a chance. Looking at Watch Dogs, they will not just stop here after developing a major iteration of the Anvil engine with such investment going to next-gen.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:16 AM

Actually I wish You would call it a day if you've grown to hate the title. I dislike Halo after the first couple games but I certainly don't want it to disappear becuz it doesn't interest me anymore. And I don't stalk their forums bashing it as a hobby becuz they let me down.
It ends up appealing to different people, it's NOT circling the drain.

I guess the only games that should exist out there are ones you approve of. *smh & if you feel this way, why are you still here?

hyatari
11-10-2012, 12:25 AM
^ Yes, everybody here should praise the game and preach to the choir! Sounds really fun and constructive...

m1k1t1MaC
11-10-2012, 12:27 AM
To all those who are hating the game, trade it in... to all those that love the game, I couldn't agree more! As a father/husband, buying games is difficult to justify when the money could be spent on diapers/bottles/food etc. When I first saw this game advertised, I felt like a little kid trying to drop the hint to his parents but in this case it was my wife. She knew how much I loved the previous installments and realized quite quickly that this title was one I HAD to have. She was right, and man am I ever glad I bought it! From the beginning sequences to the point I'm at right now (sequence 8), I am enjoying every chance I get to play. Instead of complaining about the short-comings, take the time to look at what the devs did right! Look at the incredible landscapes, the always different population and how they are always doing different things, never the same. As all you kids (you know who you are) grow up and realize that game time is harder to come by than it once was (no more 12 hour benders), you will start to appreciate the game's strengths, rather than its weaknesses. Sure the game has a couple flaws but let's be honest... this game is awesome!

white_elvise
11-10-2012, 12:29 AM
It's the fact that it's no longer just about finding POE or just killing templars
Oh... I thought, the previous was about saving of mankind, battle between good and evil, tiranny and democracy, love and friendship. I saw Ezio's birth and his statement as a man and assassin. I was not imagined this all was so plain and pointless.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:32 AM
^ Yes, everybody here should praise the game and preach to the choir! Sounds really fun and constructive...

You obviously haven't read most of my posts, I said no such thing - the OP did - and even his thread is being overtaken by the same thing again.
That's sort of the whole point he's making.

white_elvise
11-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Those people who liked the series voted to continue it by purchasing. AC3 is not appeared if the series wasn't so popular. Now it's all not about the money but deceived expectations.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:39 AM
To all those who are hating the game, trade it in... to all those that love the game, I couldn't agree more! As a father/husband, buying games is difficult to justify when the money could be spent on diapers/bottles/food etc. When I first saw this game advertised, I felt like a little kid trying to drop the hint to his parents but in this case it was my wife. She knew how much I loved the previous installments and realized quite quickly that this title was one I HAD to have. She was right, and man am I ever glad I bought it! From the beginning sequences to the point I'm at right now (sequence 8), I am enjoying every chance I get to play. Instead of complaining about the short-comings, take the time to look at what the devs did right! Look at the incredible landscapes, the always different population and how they are always doing different things, never the same. As all you kids (you know who you are) grow up and realize that game time is harder to come by than it once was (no more 12 hour benders), you will start to appreciate the game's strengths, rather than its weaknesses. Sure the game has a couple flaws but let's be honest... this game is awesome!

lol I could really relate to this post - we have financial issues and I basically need the "ok" to pick up games too & know it could be better spent.
I've always bought used or waited till they went cheaper but I needed to buy this game when it was released and I'm so happy I did too. I feel I'm getting every penny's worth out of it up to Seq. 6. :)

OmegaRomik
11-10-2012, 12:48 AM
The game and Multiplayer is fun keep it!

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Those people who liked the series voted to continue it by purchasing. AC3 is not appeared if the series wasn't so popular. Now it's all not about the money but deceived expectations.

Agreed about deceived expectations, but I also believe judging the game on its own merit. Just because I'm disappointed about certain things being cut out or underperforming tech, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game. Just a personal story: I almost gave this game a pass simply due to the fact that I felt underwhelmed after watching the E3 demo. Why, some dude at GameTrailers back in March overhyped the game to saying the graphics are on par with the Uncharted series. So sometimes it's not entirely the publisher's fault, but the gaming media.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Complaining is an example of negative criticism.

Absolute rubbish! No one ever helped a system to improve by praising it endlessly. Complaints, whether negative or positive, can ONLY help a system to improve. Those who refuse to criticize are killing this franchise. The ones who truly love Assassin's Creed - and the only ones who can save it - are the ones who aren't afraid to criticize it when it does things wrong.

De Filosoof
11-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Absolute rubbish! No one ever helped a system to improve by praising it endlessly. Complaints, whether negative or positive, can ONLY help a system to improve. Those who refuse to criticize are killing this franchise. The ones who truly love Assassin's Creed - and the only ones who can save it - are the ones who aren't afraid to criticize it when it does things wrong.

Hear, hear.

WarriorAegis
11-10-2012, 01:34 AM

Maybe I should be more specific. Complaining along with whining and insulting is a form of negative criticism.

Also, did you read ANYTHING about my post on positive criticism?

There's a way to criticize without being negative. It's more effective.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-10-2012, 01:37 AM
To all those who are hating the game, trade it in...

For many of us who love Assassin's Creed, trading it in is a betrayal. We would much rather see it improved. But if it can't be improved, and if all the future holds is more and more mediocrity fueled by apathetic fanboy players who can't stand any criticism of the game because they don't have an ounce of regard for what the series ought to be, then it should die.

Razrback16
11-10-2012, 02:24 AM
What an incredibly ignorant post by the OP. Obviously Ubisoft does care considering their staffers started threads asking for feedback. lol.

tinrisky
11-10-2012, 02:57 AM
That mohawk is my ONLY complaint.

LionHeart XXII
11-10-2012, 03:30 AM
heres my take on whats been going on. AC3 has been incredibly successful in sales this time around, more so then past games. That means that there are alot of newer people to the series who maybe dont appriciate assassin's creed for what it is. Thus a portion of the complainers are people who have never played assassin's before and just dont like it. That being said there are plenty of people who have been loyal to the series and also dont like it, i attribute this to the fact that AC3 is just so different from past games. Whether people think they are good changes or bad changes is subjective so i wont argue these points. Finally, this Assassin's creed game does by far have the most glitches and problems compared to any other game, but that is to be expedicted considering that its a whole new engine they're rolling with this time, it will take a game plus patches to get completly used to it and perfect it. Alot of games are this way. So basically some complainers are justified but go**** it gets annoying thread after thread. All this said, I am a fan of the new game. I've played all of them upon release since the first time we plunged into an animus and am looking forward to future installments. I hope we get another brotherhood type game next year with connor and hopefully the devs will have perfected their brand new shiny engine. Now the ending......thats a whole other matter saved for the next episode:rolleyes:

Lexax123
11-10-2012, 03:50 AM
For many of us who love Assassin's Creed, trading it in is a betrayal. We would much rather see it improved. But if it can't be improved, and if all the future holds is more and more mediocrity fueled by apathetic fanboy players who can't stand any criticism of the game because they don't have an ounce of regard for what the series ought to be, then it should die.

Most of these 'fanboys' have concerns and complaints about the game. Sure there are a few that are like "best game evarrrr GOTY" (TC included) but they are a very select few. However, the majority of the complainers here completely bash the game without stating anything positive. It's quite unfair that there are these double standards set where a 'fanboy' has to prove he isn't one by stating criticisms, but whiners can just bash the game as they please, but can't be called haters despite the fact they apparently find nothing good about the game. What's worse is that many of these complainers think there opinion and only theirs, is the right one, and just because someone likes the game, it somehow makes their opinion less valid and a moron. And no, just because there are complaint threads on the forum doesn't mean that's the general consensus of the game, far from it. Simple reason is people don't create threads about how awesome a game is, go look on any game forum, when a game comes out, threads are mostly either questions or negative threads. There might be a few positive threads here and there, but they'll have 2 replies unless a troll comes to stir them up.

ze_topazio
11-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Why are people always giving the excuse of the new engine to excuse the bugs? this is the new sequel of one of most popular franchises right now, a AAA game made by Ubisoft, a very large company, a game that has been on production for the past 3 years by a particular large team, and the new engine is not really a new engine, just a modified version of the old engine, the bugs are simply unacceptable in a game like this.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 04:01 AM
heres my take on whats been going on. AC3 has been incredibly successful in sales this time around, more so then past games. That means that there are alot of newer people to the series who maybe dont appriciate assassin's creed for what it is. Thus a portion of the complainers are people who have never played assassin's before and just dont like it. That being said there are plenty of people who have been loyal to the series and also dont like it, i attribute this to the fact that AC3 is just so different from past games. Whether people think they are good changes or bad changes is subjective so i wont argue these points. Finally, this Assassin's creed game does by far have the most glitches and problems compared to any other game, but that is to be expedicted considering that its a whole new engine they're rolling with this time, it will take a game plus patches to get completly used to it and perfect it. Alot of games are this way. So basically some complainers are justified but go**** it gets annoying thread after thread. All this said, I am a fan of the new game. I've played all of them upon release since the first time we plunged into an animus and am looking forward to future installments. I hope we get another brotherhood type game next year with connor and hopefully the devs will have perfected their brand new shiny engine. Now the ending......thats a whole other matter saved for the next episode:rolleyes:

I couldn't care less about the engine because if AnvilNext is running as it is now but only provides the variety that even Brotherhood had, I would complain no matter how good it looked. Because the gameplay and mission variety are such an improvement from past games, I'm giving a pass. I do agree on the engine, to a lesser extent.

pirate1802
11-10-2012, 04:03 AM
For many of us who love Assassin's Creed, trading it in is a betrayal.

But for many disappointed fans game this game itself is a betrayal. So why insult our collection by keeping this game?

pirate1802
11-10-2012, 05:29 AM
You've been doing that for years now and the AC games have sold better and better with each installment. Whatever points you're trying to make, you keep making them every time and each time they don't listen they get more sales it seems.

lmfao

Ez_187
11-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Personally I love the game but everyone has the right to complain for something they paid for from a Franchise they love if they're dissapointed they can share their opinions so Ubisoft can address them now or for their next installment

pirate1802
11-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Think of it in this way: AC3 is, at this moment, a blunt but still very dangerous sword. Provide enough support/criticism to help Ubi sharpen the blade and it will cut down everything in it's path.

I'll use it to cut down some assassins :p

shobhit7777777
11-10-2012, 07:06 AM
shobbit777s, I remember you from the Brotherhood and Revelations times. You've always had a level head towards the games. You know, I'm kind of mixed about what you are saying. I actually feel that combat, stealth and the economic system did make serious advances. I feel like the NPC behaviors and variety in the game are major advances. But there is an element of truth to what you say. Especially mission design and AI. I look forward to hearing your POV.

Thanks for the compliment Lucky and yes, there have been improvements to all systems but nothing to the degree that should have been by the 5th game with a development time of 3 years....3!

Taking a quick look at the improvements made since AC2 we see that the ONLY major addition which actually fits into the premise of an Assassins Creedgame and is innovative is the Brotherhood system....and perhaps crafting

Blending still remains the same and only hiding spots and a few stealth mechanics (which were being requested sice ACB IIRC) are so basic that ANY stealth game or even an action game with stealth in it should've had from the get go

Thats just the standard stuff mind you.....the crowd and enemy AI is virtually untouched. And one of AC's core USPs - Social Stealth and a living breathing world has seen marginal upgrades...ooh we have animals now...-__-

Given that the engine can render thousands of characters......I find it seriously lacking on the above mentioned points.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Welcome to the forum.

It's true that complaints can't do anything about the game anymore and it's a matter of love it or hate it now but to tell people to leave or throw the game just because they don't like is wrong because it's people's opinions who made the game what it is today.

ACI was repetitive and boring in terms of gameplay but with some comments from fans who loved the franchise, they made ACII much more entertaining and improved every flaw so I don't think people should just come here to praise it or leave because the future of AC games relies on what we think of the game, us the fans who paid hundreds of dollars for collector's editions and extras, why? because we loved it and we still love it and want more from it.

ACIII isn't a bad game but it was more of a thing to look at than to play through. It was a good game up until chapter 11, the final scenes of Connor's story were very good, Desmond's gameplay was perfect, the Abstergo level was WOW but there were so many pointless parts in the game, so many plot holes, so many parts where you're like "And how the hell did they know?" and let's not mention not how bad (in terms of results) the ending is but how poorly and cheaply directed also to ban us from replaying the game levels is just a big crime, why can't I access Desmond's levels again? no reason.

raytrek79
11-10-2012, 10:54 AM
When did not having a sense of humor suddenly become a cliche? If you ask me, too many popular characters in the gaming world are too humorous, in turn making them not quite cliche but overdone. I rather the characters themselves don't force the humor in just for the sake of it, but instead have the situation around him/her funny. In this case, Norris and Connor. 'Nuff said.

No, he has no sense of humour, but the cliché part is about him being a sterotypical character, I think it is a little insulting, it is like watching how native Americans are portrayed in a John Wayne movie. I love the game, just not a fan of Connor...yet, I haven't finished it so he may redeem. They tell him how humble and brave he is, but when he is with Achiles his ego is out of control, he is like a teenage boy with daddy issues, I'd like a little more consistency. Mostly he's a great guy but then he has a ****** attack which spoils any love you have gleaned for him. I suppose that adds realism to it, that he is not some flawless superman, but you can make him nice and naive without giving him a split personality, just sayn.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 11:37 AM
No, he has no sense of humour, but the cliché part is about him being a sterotypical character, I think it is a little insulting, it is like watching how native Americans are portrayed in a John Wayne movie. I love the game, just not a fan of Connor...yet, I haven't finished it so he may redeem. They tell him how humble and brave he is, but when he is with Achiles his ego is out of control, he is like a teenage boy with daddy issues, I'd like a little more consistency. Mostly he's a great guy but then he has a ****** attack which spoils any love you have gleaned for him. I suppose that adds realism to it, that he is not some flawless superman, but you can make him nice and naive without giving him a split personality, just sayn.

What you just described is actually why I enjoy his character. He has a very clear idea of what's right or wrong, and is very quick to fighter the others including Achilles about his idealogy. That's always the case between two strong minds, though similar thinking, with different levels of cynicism. Connor does get a little bit more cynical by the end, but when he's not serious guy, he'll do anything to protect his Homesteaders.

One good example is the first Kenshin OVA, where the student fought with his master on a daily basis about different ideaology on how he should use his sword for the world. The student left the master soon afterward, he is revealed to be a very caring and humble person who somehow regrets not having a relaxed life due to his self-righteous pursuit of justice. Granted those fights between him and the master were only in short flashbacks, but it really reminds me of the dynamic Connor and Achilles share. That's some deep ****, is what I'm trying to say.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Personally I love the game but everyone has the right to complain for something they paid for from a Franchise they love if they're dissapointed they can share their opinions so Ubisoft can address them now or for their next installment

I'll add it again that (outside this OP) most of us who love the game take issue the WAY people are complaining - it's not about their "rights" to. This is just a common courtesy issue here at the foundation. Besides, the forum has pinned Feedback threads they can easily add their input to... but they'd rather take over the board with tantrums.
If we were seeing some respectful criticisms there wouldn't be threads like this even being put up. The hate & trollish rantings are the issue.
If they want to act like that, then others have just as much right to go after them imo.
I guess this is how people want to be tho - whatever the case is, it's sad if this is going to be the way people normally treat each other (online or not).

raytrek79
11-10-2012, 12:09 PM
What you just described is actually why I enjoy his character. He has a very clear idea of what's right or wrong, and is very quick to fighter the others including Achilles about his idealogy. That's always the case between two strong minds, though similar thinking, with different levels of cynicism. Connor does get a little bit more cynical by the end, but when he's not serious guy, he'll do anything to protect his Homesteaders.

One good example is the first Kenshin OVA, where the student fought with his master on a daily basis about different ideaology on how he should use his sword for the world. The student left the master soon afterward, he is revealed to be a very caring and humble person who somehow regrets not having a relaxed life due to his self-righteous pursuit of justice. Granted those fights between him and the master were only in short flashbacks, but it really reminds me of the dynamic Connor and Achilles share. That's some deep ****, is what I'm trying to say.

That makes sense, levels of cynicism. I am only up to about sequence 10, my first game was a get the feel of it trial, my second game I was doing everything you possibly can before moving on in story, but I accidentally erased my games and so I just started a new one. I don't know what has happened to Achiles to make him recluse himself from the world and his assasin duties, but it seems he has reasons, especially with the mystery of the painting. I think he sees that this is a war that has raged for thousands of years and no matter how much of your life you devote to it, it will continue to rage on well after you are dust, so you have to take something meaningful before it is all gone, what you are fighting for you never get to taste, is an aweful shame (I get that idea from previous ACs). I really like Thomas Hicky, he tells Connor probably the most important truth with the titty quote, you know what I mean (this Hicky quote is probably the best quote I have heard in ac3 yet)

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:10 PM

This should go to show you that every Assassin is a product of their backgrounds that shape them and a human being with normal human flaws.
We all have them & so does each Assassin. They aren't super-humans. Truth be told, no matter how they make future assassins, they'll be disliked by different sets of fans for whatever reasons just like Ezio was. & if Altair in ACR was anything like he was in AC1, I wouldn't have loved that so much either.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 12:13 PM
That makes sense, levels of cynicism. I am only up to where Connor is talking about an allegence between the assasins and Hatham/Templars, my first game was a get the feel of it trial,

Ah, you're still early. You will probably not like him any better than you do now by the end, but hopefully you'll see a character with at least a little depth.

This should go to show you that every Assassin is a product of their backgrounds that shape them and a human being with normal human flaws.
We all have them & so does each Assassin. They aren't super-humans. Truth be told, no matter how they make future assassins, they'll be disliked by different sets of fans for whatever reasons just like Ezio was. & if Altair in ACR was anything like he was in AC1, I wouldn't have loved that so much either.

In my view, Altair is the only true Assassin, in that he was born into the order and bothered to stick around for the rest of his life. Ezio and Connor? No such previlege. So, that goes along with your point about their culture seeping through their Assassin life.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Most of these 'fanboys' have concerns and complaints about the game. Sure there are a few that are like "best game evarrrr GOTY" (TC included) but they are a very select few. However, the majority of the complainers here completely bash the game without stating anything positive. It's quite unfair that there are these double standards set where a 'fanboy' has to prove he isn't one by stating criticisms, but whiners can just bash the game as they please, but can't be called haters despite the fact they apparently find nothing good about the game. What's worse is that many of these complainers think there opinion and only theirs, is the right one, and just because someone likes the game, it somehow makes their opinion less valid and a moron. And no, just because there are complaint threads on the forum doesn't mean that's the general consensus of the game, far from it. Simple reason is people don't create threads about how awesome a game is, go look on any game forum, when a game comes out, threads are mostly either questions or negative threads. There might be a few positive threads here and there, but they'll have 2 replies unless a troll comes to stir them up.

I don't do game boards other than AC to know what goes on out there at release time, this helps to know. And you're spot on as to the real issue we're trying to make on this.

MT4K
11-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Moved the thread since someone started mentioning spoilers. Figured rather than delete bits and pieces of their post making it not make much sense. It would be easier to just move the thread and let you guys continue :p.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:25 PM
In my view, Altair is the only true Assassin, in that he was born into the order and bothered to stick around for the rest of his life. Ezio and Connor? No such previlege. So, that goes along with your point about their culture seeping through their Assassin life.

It was more the personality & this 'do the upstanding right thing' - it was sort of unnerving .... and you most likely played AC1 first?
My first game was ACB, then AC2 (becuz I fell in LOVE w/ Ezio & AC), then ACR. All I really know was Ezio & to me he's the true assassin. :D can't help it. lol
I think we base things on familiarity with the previous. But since they had us play Connor as a boy and go thru what he did from his perspective, I'm ok with his character and understand it.
Kinda like the Bella thing in Twilight lol - she may be hateable, but it's important to understand what makes her so repulsive. :p
(did I just contradict myself? It's early here - I need more coffee)

raytrek79
11-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Moved the thread since someone started mentioning spoilers. Figured rather than delete bits and pieces of their post making it not make much sense. It would be easier to just move the thread and let you guys continue :p.

If you are talking about me, I can change up what I wrote if you like ?

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 12:36 PM
It was more the personality & this 'do the upstanding right thing' - it was sort of unnerving .... and you most likely played AC1 first?
My first game was ACB, then AC2 (becuz I fell in LOVE w/ Ezio & AC), then ACR. All I really know was Ezio & to me he's the true assassin. :D can't help it. lol
I think we base things on familiarity with the previous. But since they had us play Connor as a boy and go thru what he did from his perspective, I'm ok with his character and understand it.
Kinda like the Bella thing in Twilight lol - she may be hateable, but it's important to understand what makes her so repulsive. :p
(did I just contradict myself? It's early here - I need more coffee)

I did play the first when it came out, so yeah, it's probably the familiarity. Not saying it's my favorite, ACI did make an impression on me due to how active both factions were during the Crusades. Gotta be honest, it was kind of off putting when I started ACII to find out the Order has been shrunk in size, but Ezio as a character just pulled me through. That fact probably saved and prepared me for ACIII's non-existent Brotherhood. Chances are that if I skipped ACII trilogy, I would probably be really disappointed by the absence of a badass Order.

LilyasAvalon
11-10-2012, 12:39 PM
...Weren't Ezio and Connor technically born into the order though?

Ezio's father was an assassins, it's hinted his brother had already begun training as one and Connor's father had similarly started out as an assassins.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I did play the first when it came out, so yeah, it's probably the familiarity. Not saying it's my favorite, ACI did make an impression on me due to how active both factions were during the Crusades. Gotta be honest, it was kind of off putting when I started ACII to find out the Order has been shrunk in size, but Ezio as a character just pulled me through. That fact probably saved and prepared me for ACIII's non-existent Brotherhood. Chances are that if I skipped ACII trilogy, I would probably be really disappointed by the absence of a badass Order.

First a ps. I am not a Twilighter. lol :p
Ya, the scenes I played as Altair in ACR are my first experience of him period - he isn't my favorite. I think alot does depend on when you come in to this series & which assassin you bond with first.
I had the loudmouth womanizer and I LOVED him. :D I thought he was the permanent AC hero ... I was sad & shocked to learn that they change protagonists.
I somehow think this will always target AC for alot of 'musical' fans - liking one and hating another & losing interest in AC?
I dunno. When you buy Batman, you know it's going to be Batman every time...he doesn't really change & fans expect that, it makes it easier imo for those devs.
AC is alot more complex as it morphs along.

As to the Brotherhood... ya. I think I was happiest w/ ACR's brotherhood w/ their assassin dens..... the whole thing felt like a great network. It was awesome to me.
But AC isn't afraid to delve into harder times for the heroes. It may not be as popular, but I'm impressed w/ their courage.
We're supposed to grow w/ the game - the story, their struggles... the bad times that come too. Not demand that every game be a carbon copy of the previous order.
But next game, I hope we have a mixture of ACR's brotherhood and AC3's epicness. There's tons of great stuff in this game to work from.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 12:50 PM
...Weren't Ezio and Connor technically born into the order though?

Ezio's father was an assassins, it's hinted his brother had already begun training as one and Connor's father had similarly started out as an assassins.

Technically, yes. But Ezio did not know the way of the Assassin's until his late teens, same with Connor, whereas Desmond started training as a kid. The differences within the same technicality starts getting muddled when we start discussing how old is to old ala Jedi younglings. If you're simply talking that they're born into the Order by blood, than you're correct. I'm just basing my opinion on their upbringing, which can be frustratingly subjective.

MT4K
11-10-2012, 01:34 PM
If you are talking about me, I can change up what I wrote if you like ?

You could, but i moved it now so you guys can bring up the occasional spoiler if you wish during the discussion. I suspect a few more will drop anyway. It's the nature of things when people debate about complaints and such. People can mention examples from the games and so can drop spoilers. With the thread now moved they can do so without too much worry :).

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 01:39 PM
In a way that's kinda not good tho becuz I constantly have to leave threads becuz spoilers come out that I don't want. At least leaving it forces no spoilers.

MT4K
11-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Well if people wish to edit their posts to remove the spoilers i can always move the thread back :p.

But there's a couple that come pretty close and it's just easier to have it in hints and tips section.

Spoilers include all the games in the franchise and not just AC3. Some posts have been close to certain things and to be honest i'm surprised it lasted this many pages before a real spoiler dropped out lol.

raytrek79
11-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Ah, you're still early. You will probably not like him any better than you do now by the end, but hopefully you'll see a character with at least a little depth.

You happened to quote me on pretty much the biggest spoiler, at least what I have seen so far, I changed mine out and replaced it with Sequence 10.

mrangarajan
11-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Please reply Is this the Last game in the AC series? I would love to have more of it?

MT4K
11-10-2012, 02:59 PM
You happened to quote me on pretty much the biggest spoiler, at least what I have seen so far, I changed mine out and replaced it with Sequence 10.

More spoilers in here than just your post ;). Like i said the spoiler rules technically cover ALL the games. Not just AC3 :p. There could be new people to the entire series who hasn't played previous games and so... Spoilers :). Past game spoilers do seem to be handled a bit more leniently though, but that shouldn't really be the case :p.

Please reply Is this the Last game in the AC series? I would love to have more of it?

There will be more games.

raytrek79
11-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think all the early parts of his life show a beautiful culture and it's tragedies, I have a lot of empathy for that, but later on it seems he is in danger of losing touch with those roots, he is too disconnected for too long, that is a bit stereotypical of indigenous populations everywhere, forgetting a rich culture in favour of western vices so to speak. (I am Australian Aboriginal, so I have a bit of personal insight into this story)

pirate1802
11-10-2012, 03:03 PM

What made you think this is the last AC? O.o

SneakyCharlie
11-10-2012, 03:05 PM
The only bad things about this game are the glitches and bugs. I really enjoyed the new mechanics , the plot twists, Connor and also the modern day story. To be honest, you really did a lot more with Desmond this time. So the people that say this game "sucks" because it's simply too complicated for their primitive minds just go back and play ac1. The series must evolve in some way or another

MT4K
11-10-2012, 03:07 PM
What ade you think this is the last AC? O.o

This could just be asking for even worse spoilers :p.

pirate1802
11-10-2012, 03:08 PM
The only bad things about this game are the glitches and bugs. I really enjoyed the new mechanics , the plot twists, Connor and also the modern day story. To be honest, you really did a lot more with Desmond this time. So the people that say this game "sucks" because it's simply too complicated for their primitive minds just go back and play ac1. The series must evolve in some way or another

"We evolve or we die! Those are the options!!"

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I agree w/ Triple up there too. Esp. w/ the combat mechanics. At first I was iffy but giving it a chance as I tried to learn it.
Now that I got that part down, I much prefer it over previous combat!! I truly hope they keep it this way & continue making amazing animations for new [combo] moves w/ each assassin.
Much more interactive than kill streak button mashing.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
What I worry about is if the chronic negative whiners, haters & tantrum throwers DO end up having devs just throw in the towel & say screw it.
I really do worry about that - we shouldn't have people beating them up like this. Hopefully I'm being too sensitive tho.

& Mt's right, there were other spoilers - I spotted one right away that I think will be towards the end w/ Connor's appearance..... :/
I wouldn't mind Mods taking action by deleting spoilers on posts like one was done for mine the other day (that I didn't know was one).
Anyways.........

MT4K
11-10-2012, 04:51 PM
What I worry about is if the chronic negative whiners, haters & tantrum throwers DO end up having devs just throw in the towel & say screw it.
I really do worry about that - we shouldn't have people beating them up like this. Hopefully I'm being too sensitive tho.

& Mt's right, there were other spoilers - I spotted one right away that I think will be towards the end w/ Connor's appearance..... :/
I wouldn't mind Mods taking action by deleting spoilers on posts like one was done for mine the other day (that I didn't know was one).
Anyways.........

I usually don't like to edit posts too much as it can cause them to make less sense and such and can cause a conversation to look pretty weird lol. I might start doing it more often anyway as it is getting a bit out of hand lately :p.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Ya it does do that MT - I agree. The one done on mine made my first paragraph a hatchet job but I understood & was fine with it. It's better than leaving a spoiler in.
:) The only other option is to keep losing good constructive threads that alot of us can't read / participate in till much later.
I dunno, you guys don't have an easy job we appreciate all you do around here :)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I really do worry about that

This just shows how out of touch most of the fanboys are. Yeah, like a corporation is just gonna throw in the towel due to getting all sensitive over bad reviews on a game series that is making them millions. RIIIIIGHT! 'Cos corporations always do that.

Elegana
11-11-2012, 12:23 AM
The bugs and glitches were the only bad parts, imo. The Desmond missions were awesome even when I never cared for his story after Lucy's death.

JakeP-UK
11-11-2012, 12:32 AM
It's our fault that there are quite a lot of glitches in the game?

kshepherd97
11-13-2012, 09:18 PM
We have to find eve.....her DNA is the key to man's freedom.

freddie_1897
11-13-2012, 09:38 PM
i loved that we could play boules with GW after the main storyline. it just felt hilarious that you were playing such a simple game with the first president of america

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
i loved that we could play boules with GW after the main storyline. it just felt hilarious that you were playing such a simple game with the first president of america
And to find out that he's actually a bocce enthusiast in real life from my history-buff of a friend, my respect to who put that little moment in the game.