PDA

View Full Version : Issues with PS3 version of Assassins Creed III.

Crosshair32
11-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Hello,

I am sure this has come up in the forums but I thought I would ask any ways.

I am having major frame rate issues and some minor luck ups / freezes here and there.

I am also getting blurry non HD graphics too.

I have a HD TV running in 1080p. I have also played with all of the settings on my TV and my PS3,
and nothing has improved. I just bought my TV last year. It's a Samsung 32' LED TV. Could it be my
PS3? HDMI cable? Or is it just the way the actual game is? ( I hope not. )

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

pacmanate
11-08-2012, 11:01 AM
It could be your TV settings as to why they aren't HD. My downstairs TV doesn't have the right colours for it and my upstairs one looks a bit blurry too. Also on PS3.

InsanityGamer
11-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Mine has been fine, I don't think I've encountered any framerate issues, and the only freezes I've had are actually just loading. (Check the left side of the screen to see if the loading icon is there).

savill81
11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
I to have the PS3 version and have a couple of issues, but none as bad as you are mentioning above, playing on a 40" Sammy LED and picture looks amazing, no blurring, no colour issues, just stunning,
I have had a couple of frame rate issues but again nothing like you have mentioned before, my frame rate only ever drops slightly and this is only when i am fighting hundreds on dudes in Boston, you know, the blue ones who just never stop coming, i hope they never patch this feature as i love having these epic fights, but this is the only time my frame rate drops, the only other frame rate issue i have is it picking up, usually when i am nearer water, i guess its because there's less buildings around to render.

rego00123
11-08-2012, 01:14 PM
you can add me to the list of people experiencing stuttery framerates on the ps3. its not bad the majority of the time but it it very noticable when running through the city areas and later the homestead area as that game adds more buildings and npc's to the property

are you sure what you describe as blurry hd graphics are not just focus effects?

Waccamole69
11-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Me too is to hard play well with this framerate problems at the city, at ps3 version please ubi fixe it !

Crosshair32
11-08-2012, 11:40 PM
you can add me to the list of people experiencing stuttery framerates on the ps3. its not bad the majority of the time but it it very noticable when running through the city areas and later the homestead area as that game adds more buildings and npc's to the property

are you sure what you describe as blurry hd graphics are not just focus effects?

It is not any type of focus setting. When I first started playing the game, it would revert itself back to 720p for some odd reason. So, I went into the Playstation display settings and turned off 720p and 1080i. So therefore leaving only 1080p, but that did not change anything. By the looks of things, the game itself is not running in 1080p, even though that my TV says it is. 1080p should not look this ugly. I've seen 720p games look better than this.

Free_Hidings
11-09-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm running 1080p on PS3 and the game looks and runs great. I hear many Xbox users also complaining about frame rates, so I don't think it is the console or the port, rather the game itself or the individual consoles. I do get frame drops in Boston when it gets busy but never to a significant degree.

retrodevil
11-09-2012, 01:36 AM
What is the exact model of your TV? I have a Samsung 32 inch (bought around 9months ago) and it is fine. The game has Slight FPS problems(similar to other AC games) but the textures look pretty sharp..

Crosshair32
11-09-2012, 01:54 AM
@ Free_Hidings

I did buy my PS3 second hand. Maybe that has something to do with the frame rate issues and / or my graphic problems.

@ retrodevil

The model number is UN325000QF. I don't see why this HDTV would have problems.
But again, I am mainly a PC gamer. I am more used to the crisp and clean graphics of PC games so.
I have had no troubles with my current TV for PC gaming. Everything looks amazing on it.

rego00123
11-09-2012, 01:55 AM
this game runs 720p natively. forcing it to display at 1080p is just blowing up the 720p image to fit the 1080p screen size. this is why it appears blurry when you force the 1080p seeting. its not rendering anything at that resolution, it is just stretching the screen to fit.

Crosshair32
11-09-2012, 10:55 PM
this game runs 720p natively. forcing it to display at 1080p is just blowing up the 720p image to fit the 1080p screen size. this is why it appears blurry when you force the 1080p seeting. its not rendering anything at that resolution, it is just stretching the screen to fit.

Oh really? I did not know that. On the back of the box it says it can run in 1080p. So I figured that the game would look amazing and crisp at that setting. I will give the 720p setting a try and see if that helps anything. Thank you for letting me know about this. I never would have guessed.

pb0yd1
11-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Go into your PS3 settings ,theres a few u can play around , and your in game option again .As for PC to PS3 ,well need i say it .And am a PS3 100% lover. FAT SLIM they all doit for me (too much).
Anyway welcome .

Crosshair32
11-09-2012, 11:11 PM
I gave the 720p setting a shot, I am still getting the same thing. Nothing has improved at all. I was really hoping that my game would look like the game play videos and / or the screen shots.

NyxCrab
11-09-2012, 11:20 PM
The framerate for me isn't too bad. It lags a little in cities, but not enough to kill the game. But still, everyone else seems to have issues, so please Ubi, fix this for those who have these problems.

Litlleninja
11-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Whenever I run/walk around in city areas I get big framerate problems, it's not running smooth at all. I have a 80GB PS3, but I haven't experrienced anything like this with other games. The game looks really good in gameplay videos, but for my it's nothing like in the videos. I hope ubisoft can fix this, because the game is really good...