PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with connor's face ?

zToxicGuy
11-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I noticed that Connor looks like a totally different person when hes in a cutscene and in a actual gameplay. plus his face texture looks really low-resolution while in gameplay
I took some pictures of him in a cutscene and in actual gameplay just look :

Cutscene Connor
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4636/cutsceneconnor.jpg

Actual Gameplay Connor
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7586/actualgameplayconnor.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pictures.
I dont know if its a glitch or ubisoft made it on purpose for more fps performance, but it really sucks.

Oh by the way, both picture were taken from the same sequence.

What do you guys think about this ?

Throney
11-08-2012, 10:19 AM
i think you suck

rego00123
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
this is because IT IS LOWER QUALITY. the cut scenes use different higher quality models as they are only rendering what is being shown and scripted. during gameplay there is much more happening which makes it not possible to render the models at this level of quality.

practically every third person game does this.

zToxicGuy
11-08-2012, 10:25 AM
this is because IT IS LOWER QUALITY. the cut scenes use different higher quality models as they are only rendering what is being shown. during gameplay there is much more happening which makes it not possible to render the models at this level of quality

practically every third person game does this.

Maybe, but in previous assassin's creed games werent like this, the texture and model quality of cutscenes and gameplay were the same, even in ACR.

PANiC_ATTACKER
11-08-2012, 10:43 AM
You are correct. You didn't expect a new game to look as good as the AC game you played 3 years ago did you!!. I guess they crammed so much pointless crap like naval battles (because thats what a game about a secretive band of deadly assassins should have in it!!) that they cant render the rest of game with a decent fps (hence the constant lag)

rego00123
11-08-2012, 10:43 AM
yes they did, you just didn't notice. they used a combination of in game and separate cinematic engine for "beauty shots which implemented higher quality models
many developers choose to have separate cinematic engines to make the best possible "cinematic" presentation. Assassin's Creed Revelations and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood did not use the in game models for cut scenes as far as i can remember. ive never played AC or AC2 so i have no idea what they did.

zToxicGuy
11-08-2012, 11:10 AM
yes they did, you just didn't notice. they used a combination of in game and separate cinematic engine for "beauty shots which implemented higher quality models
many developers choose to have separate cinematic engines to make the best possible "cinematic" presentation. Assassin's Creed Revelations and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood did not use the in game models for cut scenes as far as i can remember. ive never played AC or AC2 so i have no idea what they did.

Well, maybe they did, and if they really did, they made more efford at "masking" it out, i mean, ezio looks the same guy in cutscenes and in gameplay, but connor doesnt even looks like connor (if that even makes sense lol) the actual gameplay connor looks at least 10 years younger than the cutscene connor and it just doesnt feels right.

BBALive
11-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Well, maybe they did, and if they really did, they made more efford at "masking" it out, i mean, ezio looks the same guy in cutscenes and in gameplay, but connor doesnt even looks like connor (if that even makes sense lol) the actual gameplay connor looks at least 10 years younger than the cutscene connor and it just doesnt feels right.

Blame the hardware.

ProdiGurl
11-08-2012, 11:41 AM
That's the way it is in every vid game I've played.

Legendz54
11-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Lol at the screen of Connor... "You dont say!!"
to answer your question it barely bothers me.

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
God of War III, Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Final Fantasy XIII and many other graphic powerhouses all have the same problem. As if I'm going to zoom in on the face of the characters outside of cinematics.

zToxicGuy
11-08-2012, 03:01 PM
God of War III, Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Final Fantasy XIII and many other graphic powerhouses all have the same problem. As if I'm going to zoom in on the face of the characters outside of cinematics.

Yes, i know, it's not the texture quality that bothers me, what bothers me is Connor looking totally different when he is in cutscene/gameplay.

Kratos looks like Kratos, Nathan looks like Nathan, Cole looks like Cole, but Connor doesnt looks like himselft at all (again, if that makes any sense)