PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler]Homestead Missions Terrible!

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 07:12 AM
What's up with the Homestead missions?
Miner-1st mission, Collect flowers, then get knife, then some more Crap! This increases his skill how???
Farmer-1st mission, Find women picking flowers(What is up with the Flowers?), Then round up pigs, then call doctor for pregnancy. Once more, how does this increase skill for farming?
Wood Worker-Collect tools for him, then collect blueprints. Only one that makes sense so far.
Lumber-Chase down a burglar, then stop a fight, then play a game. How does this increase their skill to cut lumber?
Hunter-Kill cougar, then kill some wolfs. This one makes sense.
Blacksmith-Buy a hammer, Chase down a Scout, kill redcoats. How does this increase his skill to make weapons????
Tailor-Get tools, Protect her house from thugs. Once more, how does this increase her skill to make cloths?

Other ones don't really help that much on the homestead.

These missions stupid and boring.

Ez_187
11-08-2012, 08:12 AM
I loved them thought they added a lot to the game in terms of Character development Homestead actually feels like home because of them especially the final few missions

siberarmi
11-08-2012, 08:50 AM
They are the best side missions in the game.

LOLIKONCIK
11-08-2012, 09:24 AM
They do develop the story-line for Connor and the homestead but I can agree with you that some of them are boring at times and yes it really doesn't make sense how it increases farming skills. I think they should have stuck the the money investing for that.

rego00123
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM
to level artisans and develop the homestead both in physical appearance and further the side and main characters stories.
...i thought this was pretty straight forward

its also showing how new settlers would form "families" when settling at this time in history

LightRey
11-08-2012, 10:42 AM
They are the best side missions in the game.
This. It increases their skill because the village grows. It's not that the missions give them more abilities, it's that time passes and they get settled in more.

pacmanate
11-08-2012, 11:00 AM
:o I loved them!

Legendz54
11-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Thats the point of the homestead missions... to make you feel at home..

TOMatXL
11-08-2012, 12:43 PM
What's up with the Homestead missions?
Miner-1st mission, Collect flowers, then get knife, then some more Crap! This increases his skill how???
Farmer-1st mission, Find women picking flowers(What is up with the Flowers?), Then round up pigs, then call doctor for pregnancy. Once more, how does this increase skill for farming?
Wood Worker-Collect tools for him, then collect blueprints. Only one that makes sense so far.
Lumber-Chase down a burglar, then stop a fight, then play a game. How does this increase their skill to cut lumber?
Hunter-Kill cougar, then kill some wolfs. This one makes sense.
Blacksmith-Buy a hammer, Chase down a Scout, kill redcoats. How does this increase his skill to make weapons????
Tailor-Get tools, Protect her house from thugs. Once more, how does this increase her skill to make cloths?

Other ones don't really help that much on the homestead.

These missions stupid and boring.

Yes they they sometimes are boring and do take a lot of time because of the travel distance, I'm glad there are missions though, but that collect thing is annoying.

Especially that lazy mining guy Chuck Norris wannabee:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/723979-Need-Help?p=8681576&viewfull=1#post8681576

I would have loved it if you were able to shoot the villagers or alternatively organise some missions related to their specialities and their work. All they do now is scr@w around or hang out in that inn all day. So how do you expect them to level up this way lol :)

On the other hand it definately is the best AC game so far imo, although i still have to get to a 'promising' ending of the never ending storyline ;)

FirestarLuva
11-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I loved them. By playing them you can definetly see a whole different side of Connor; playful, funny, caring, friendly. :P

shyanhodjat
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I enjoyed them, though I must agree with you it is strange how they gain skill. But watching your homestead grow and all of the missions really were a good feature to the game, although unnecessary it was well made. by the way, any news about the "hood problem"?

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 09:08 PM
On the other hand it definately is the best AC game so far imo, although i still have to get to a 'promising' ending of the never ending storyline ;)

Agreed.

RaidenStorm888
11-08-2012, 11:21 PM
I liked the story told through the Homestead missions my greatest annoyance is spending tonnes of money making fine clothing to be sent on a naval convoy only to have to wait 48 mins and then never get the return because the system refuses to inform me when my convoy is under attack. How did Ubisoft figure that would work? Do i need to sit there for 48 min checking the map every 30 sec in the hopes of getting a hit? -.- *facepalm*

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I can't wait to leap into Homestead Missions... they're great diversions from the main story & they're short, varied challenges.
Why does everything have to be some huge, long stealth mission? You're building something on the side. The only one I'm not getting is The Fight.
I don't understand the controls or what to do, I guess I'll just keep messing around w/ the controls. (Xbox)

>>>I liked the story told through the Homestead missions my greatest annoyance is spending tonnes of money making fine clothing to be sent on a naval convoy only to have to wait 48 mins and then never get the return because the system refuses to inform me when my convoy is under attack. How did Ubisoft figure that would work? Do i need to sit there for 48 min checking the map every 30 sec in the hopes of getting a hit? -.- *facepalm* <<<

I hope that's a fixable bug :nonchalance:

Blind2Society
11-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I enjoyed all aspects of the homestead, including the missions. In fact, I want more.

Actually, that's not true. The completionist in me didn't enjoy the woodworker bug. ; )

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I loved them, but there was just way too much of them. Half should've been centered on Ratonhnhaké:ton's village and its inhabitants instead.