PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed: what could the future bring - opinions [spoilers]

rhyssmith92
11-08-2012, 01:12 AM
I just want to say I have loved playing the Assassins Creed series! And I've especially loved the storyline! I have to admit the best of it was the Etzio saga, and I'd love to hear how everyone wants the direction of the game to go? I know how I want the game to progress, its not a thread where theirs a chance these ideas will get implemented its just for fun to see how everyone thinks the game might progress. I thought I'd share my ideas just for fun. These also aren't spoilers so don't think any of this will ring true,

With Desmond dead and him having released Juno she warns the world that they will become slaves to her command! the assassins realise that to stand any chance they must use the memories installed into Desmonds mind to train people to fight back, they find a relative and sync memories of Desmond into his mind, having done this they find Minerva had left a message within his mind, talking of a weapon that can stop the evil lady, and tell them to sync Desmond relative into the Animus the end of Ezio's quest at Masayaf where it leads to:

Ezio starts to exit the Altiar shrine room, and a book begins to glow, so he takes it and continues to retire. He spends years attempting to open the book to no avail. Until he is on his death bed minutes before he is due to die, and the book begins to glow, he struggles to the bookshelf and back to his bed, and the locks on the book shift and it opens to a hologram of Altiar explaining how he had looked into the apple and seen Desmond choose the path that saved the world but at a cost of releasing Juno. He then goes onto explain how he would of been honoured to serve along side him, and thanked him for his dedication to the Creed. He then says that he has no right to ask anymore but would do so anyway, and asks for him to place his memories into this book as when looking into the Apple he see's that no human weapon can kill the 1st settler however the other 1st settler envisioned this happening so created a weapon to stop her. Altiar had looked into the apple to try find its location but to no avail. So if Ezio puts his knowledge and skill memories into the book when the weapon surfaces the book will open once more and his knowledge and skills will be bestowed upon his descendant. The book is passed down generation to generation until the world war 2 period. An old man descendant of Etzio gives the book to his Grandson as his son is at war once the book is given it begins to glow again, and unlocks. With that a soldier comes to the door saying that his Dad was someone important and was killed by templars controlling and influencing the Nazi's including Hitlar! After long deliberation he opens the book once more to hear Etzios story of the Templars there plots and plans his memories and skills etc! After the book stops glowing he has Ezios skills! And is told to seek the Creed symbol, he finds it to find a crumbling wreck of a building with one man inside, he talks of how assassins have failed and Etzio's descendant takes on the task of eliminating the Templars to help bring an end to the war! Throughout the campaign he realises that the Templars/Nazi's are searching for keys having found a scroll talking of a weapon, Etzios descendant sets out to find the keys before the Templars which would reveal the location of the weapon! This is his quest!

Escappa
11-08-2012, 01:15 AM
You say "no spoilers" but yet you give away the ending of the whole franchise so far??? Seriously you have to get that title fixed ASAP.

De Filosoof
11-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Lol.

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 01:16 AM
another connor game. that could focus on the expansion of america towards the west.
my point of view, simply a continuation of themes from AC3

or
another connor game that could take him off continent to england
my point of view, connor after growing wiser and saddened realises that his true duty is no longer to his tribe but to the assassin order. he travels to england to finally fufill his role as an assassin.

UrDeviant1
11-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Wow, just wow. What's with all the arseholes around the forums lately :confused:

Escappa
11-08-2012, 01:20 AM
If they made another Connor game in America, they have to (in my opinion) explain why the american sign has an eagle on it . . . if you know what I mean ;)

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:35 AM
For someone claiming to know the and Love the series and Story, You sure know very little of it..

Escappa
11-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Do you mean the part when he talks about Ezio's death-bed?

Will_Lucky
11-08-2012, 01:46 AM
another connor game. that could focus on the expansion of america towards the west.
my point of view, simply a continuation of themes from AC3

or
another connor game that could take him off continent to england
my point of view, connor after growing wiser and saddened realises that his true duty is no longer to his tribe but to the assassin order. he travels to england to finally fufill his role as an assassin.

In my opinion let him die young, that'd be a refreshing change from Altair and Ezio. Then again the character had so little development he could do with a second game to fix his issues in general, but then again I don't think I could put myself through another game he was in....

Nah Prequel with Haythem instead, that'll do he was a good character and I'd like to see how he got on in England. Or a game with Cross featuring Nikolai.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Nah Prequel with Haythem instead, that'll do he was a good character and I'd like to see how he got on in England. Or a game with Cross featuring Nikolai.

But that would be, Templar's creed.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Do you mean the part when he talks about Ezio's death-bed?
Not just that..

Bashilir
11-08-2012, 01:56 AM

2 words. Side. Series.

Will_Lucky
11-08-2012, 02:02 AM

But it would be interesting would it not? To explore the Templar mindset from their point of view. The best insights we seem to have into the Templars and their mind at this points seems to be when they start talking on their deathbed (In fact I'd say that was one of the best parts of AC1). It was a shame Desmond didn't have a similar experience after killing Vidic.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Yes it would be interesting allright, but if you were to kill assassins it would feel weird because, they're the good guys.

Don't get me wrong, in real life I think of the templars as one of the most sofisticated and important organisations of all time. I feel that in real life they were the good guys and I were really interesting in their history long before (2 years) the first AC came out. So in my opinion: If they are good guys irl it can't hurt them to play a fictonal role as bad guys. Making them good guys in-game would destroy my way of seeing the AC-franchise and also the real Knights Templars too.

Will_Lucky
11-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Yes it would be interesting allright, but if you were to kill assassins it would feel weird because, they're the good guys.

Don't get me wrong, in real life I think of the templars as one of the most sofisticated and important organisations of all time. I feel that in real life they were the good guys and I were really interesting in their history long before (2 years) the first AC came out. So in my opinion: If they are good guys irl it can't hurt them to play a fictonal role as bad guys. Making them good guys in-game would destroy my way of seeing the AC-franchise and also the real Knights Templars too.

The Good Guys? Going off what we've seen over the past few years I'd call the Assassin-Templar conflict rather gray all things considered.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Nope, no one are the good guys here. Not the Assassins, not the Templars. Both are good guys, both are bad. Its just that we've been shown only one part of the conflict till now. Its easy to forget that the Templar's ultimate aim is quite noble. So if Ubisoft does a Templar's Creed or whatever, I'd say F*** Yeah!! Bring it on. Happy to kill some assassins.

Truth be told, if I was given a choice between being a Templar and an Assassin, I'd probably be a Templar.

My guess is Ubisoft might go for a middle path, and we may see the Assassins and Templars teaming up to rid humanity of Juno, and we may play as some Templar guy/girl. So we'll be playing as Templars but we'd avoid killing assassins.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Prequel with Haythem instead, that'll do he was a good character and I'd like to see how he got on in England. Or a game with Cross featuring Nikolai.

Both GREAT ideas. I'd love to see the.

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 05:16 AM
This below. I made a thread about it earlier but I want it getting around as much as possible so hopefully it'll happen.....(beware of big spoilers)

In AC3, there are many things that point to the French Revolution as a sequel to Connor's story. The most obvious is that the French Revolution took place from 1789 to 1799. Ac3 ends in 1783. The sequel can pick up right where AC3 ends in 1783 having Connor sail to France at Marquis de Lafayette's request. By the end of AC3, Connor has lost everyone he holds dear in his life and his tribe has moved westward without him. By the end, you can already see Connor's disgust for slavery and the ways of the new American Government.

He does, however, realize that his fight with the templars must go on so what would be better than bringing the battle to Reginald Birch (well actually he would probably be dead by then since he was born in 1705). Basically, Connor fights the templars under Reginald who was responsible for turning his father. Connor learns of his father and grandfather's origin and works with the assassins of England and France. Connor's fight for Justice and Freedom would also tie into the French Revolution which would serve as the backdrop to the assassin/templar story. We could then have Paris and London as the two major cities (which would be incredible) as well as the wilderness, small towns and english channel in between.

Characters like Stephane Chapeau can return as support characters to aid Connor, but we would ultimately still have new people to recruit into the brotherhood with their own stories. Heck, even Aveline can make an appearance where we play as her for a few sequences. They don;t necessarily need someone like desmond to play an ancestor anymore which is what Alex hutchinson and the team wanted. They have the abstergo hacker who could end up being the new character who eventually turns against abstergo in realization of Juno and joins William Miles to stop her.

There's a lot of potential here with the mechanics the developers already have in order to make an awesome sequel. The naval mechanics, liberation mechanics, and assassin guild mechanics can all be expanded upon. They can carry over the awesome freerunning, treerunning, and combat. They can add in random events to make the cities and wilderness feel more alive. This setting could really make for a good game that they could produce in a year. And Connor can get some awesome new colonial robes that were french and English influenced anyway. I would say call it Assassin's Creed Liberation but they already have that.

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 05:17 AM
2 words. Side. Series.

One word. Multiplayer.

ScarFace IIV
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
For the people who like haythem kenway, hes a Templar he defected to be a Templar, he might appear to be a nice guy but look at the amount of people he kills that didn't even have to die hes a bastard why do you people not see through that manipulative talk! Lets not forget hes a god **** Templar an order that has the same ambition as juno probably!

FirestarLuva
11-08-2012, 03:52 PM
This below. I made a thread about it earlier but I want it getting around as much as possible so hopefully it'll happen.....(beware of big spoilers)

In AC3, there are many things that point to the French Revolution as a sequel to Connor's story. The most obvious is that the French Revolution took place from 1789 to 1799. Ac3 ends in 1783. The sequel can pick up right where AC3 ends in 1783 having Connor sail to France at Marquis de Lafayette's request. By the end of AC3, Connor has lost everyone he holds dear in his life and his tribe has moved westward without him. By the end, you can already see Connor's disgust for slavery and the ways of the new American Government.

He does, however, realize that his fight with the templars must go on so what would be better than bringing the battle to Reginald Birch (well actually he would probably be dead by then since he was born in 1705). Basically, Connor fights the templars under Reginald who was responsible for turning his father. Connor learns of his father and grandfather's origin and works with the assassins of England and France. Connor's fight for Justice and Freedom would also tie into the French Revolution which would serve as the backdrop to the assassin/templar story. We could then have Paris and London as the two major cities (which would be incredible) as well as the wilderness, small towns and english channel in between.

Characters like Stephane Chapeau can return as support characters to aid Connor, but we would ultimately still have new people to recruit into the brotherhood with their own stories. Heck, even Aveline can make an appearance where we play as her for a few sequences. They don;t necessarily need someone like desmond to play an ancestor anymore which is what Alex hutchinson and the team wanted. They have the abstergo hacker who could end up being the new character who eventually turns against abstergo in realization of Juno and joins William Miles to stop her.

There's a lot of potential here with the mechanics the developers already have in order to make an awesome sequel. The naval mechanics, liberation mechanics, and assassin guild mechanics can all be expanded upon. They can carry over the awesome freerunning, treerunning, and combat. They can add in random events to make the cities and wilderness feel more alive. This setting could really make for a good game that they could produce in a year. And Connor can get some awesome new colonial robes that were french and English influenced anyway. I would say call it Assassin's Creed Liberation but they already have that.

Great idea. I'd love a Connor sequel and I hope it takes place right after AC3 not skip years, as I would like to see how much Connor has changed after all the things he went through. You can clearly see he was reflecting on all the things that happened to him at the ending scene. He was definetly not the same person he was in the beginning.

NumberSix1967
11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Connor really did a get a raw deal in AC3. He wasn't fleshed out as well as he could have been and his ending was as abrupt as it was floundering. There was mention of The French from a character in AC3 so that seems the next logical step. Get our Assassin back to Europe. Whereas Ezio became dutiful but ready to retire in his later years and Altair by all accounts was consumed by the knowledge of a world beyond his means, it'd be nice to see Connor become more entrenched in the core of Assassins' ways albeit with a reverence for the moral neutrality of the Templar/Assassin struggle/world politics. How he would fit into linking to any contemporary storyline is beyond me at this stage but surely the writers can come up with something clever.

Someone mentioned before about there being a choice between Templars and Assassins. I too would probably be a Templar, thinking about it. I don't trust people enough to let them run wild and free. In saying that, using a satellite to control everyone's mind wouldn't be a great thing either. Maybe The Templars didn't want to exert absolute control over everyone, but instead wanted to complete a method first proposed by the First Civilisation: "Make us safe."

Will_Lucky
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
For the people who like haythem kenway, hes a Templar he defected to be a Templar, he might appear to be a nice guy but look at the amount of people he kills that didn't even have to die hes a bastard why do you people not see through that manipulative talk! Lets not forget hes a god **** Templar an order that has the same ambition as juno probably!

But Haythem was an Assassin, I'd like to see what turned him to a Templar and get a good look at the Assassins in England. We also know the Templars in England seemed to have a lot of knowledge of TWCB, it would be a fantastic addition. Not to mention the city of London would be interesting to see rebuilt in a game.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
But Haythem was an Assassin, I'd like to see what turned him to a Templar and get a good look at the Assassins in England. We also know the Templars in England seemed to have a lot of knowledge of TWCB, it would be a fantastic addition. Not to mention the city of London would be interesting to see rebuilt in a game.

We get some hints here http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Haytham_Kenway