PDA

View Full Version : Why can't carry the musket on connor's back ???

Ezio270
11-08-2012, 12:25 AM
look at coonr's back here .....but we can't do this in the game i spent alot of time trying to do it but still can't carry it !! :( Whyyyyyyyy Ubi??????

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/690/screediiiepisodeonemp40.jpg

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 12:28 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WTH UBISOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UrDeviant1
11-08-2012, 12:30 AM
There were a few things that got taken out, so I'm not surprised.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 12:38 AM
This is a major reason I bought this game. Muskets, I first picked one up and tried carrying it, but nothing. So I went to a General store, couldn't but it. So I thought, hmmm maybe later in the game I'll be able to buy one. NOPE, yet he can carry a large bow on his back, and 2 pistols and a heavy AXE, but he can't carry a musket. Sad Ubi , just Sad. Ohh and another thing I noticed, can't climb with musket or run through trees yet in the Trailer they could.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 12:39 AM
I think there are bigger issues we should be worrying about..

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 12:43 AM
I think there are bigger issues we should be worrying about..

shame the bigger issue are here to be worried about in the first place

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 12:45 AM
shame the bigger issue are here to be worried about in the first place
Its more of a shame that people chose to focus on more trivial issues..

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 12:50 AM

not really. its forum, way of life in these circles. and whats the point of repeatedly posting about a bigger issue, if the thread for that issue is already exsisting? even the mods don't like that. better to have threads like these, then to have 500 threads about bugs.

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Actually, the smaller things count just as much as the big issues. And I don't see any reason why this was made impossible. We can carry most everything else, but the most common weapon of the game and during that time-period can't be equipped? It boggles the mind.

Ezio270
11-08-2012, 01:03 AM
only the guards(redcoats..bluecoats) and my recruits can carry muskets

Ezio270
11-08-2012, 01:08 AM
They also taken the boats out i mean can't get on it and boating (canoe)

LOOOOOOOOOOOK HEREEEEEEEE can't do this in the game

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Canoe.jpg

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 01:15 AM
I don't mind the focus. But if someone starts saying "This game sucks" just because it's not included, I wouldn't be as tolerant. I'd merely be disappointed, is all.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:23 AM
I for one am glad. Ezio looked like a bear having an Axe, cross bow, sword, short knife on him while climbing..

The less weapons the better (Provided they can still be used that is)

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 02:33 AM
I for one am glad. Ezio looked like a bear having an Axe, cross bow, sword, short knife on him while climbing..

The less weapons the better (Provided they can still be used that is)

They did it right in ACII. Carrying heavy weapons has always been a bit iffy to me. Hammers/swords are a little bit hard for me to believe, already.

EpikSpartan
11-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Yeah the game trailers are misleading especially on assassin's creed 3. Remember on the gameplay AC3, were you hunt for deers and give them to the guy in the patriot camp

TeamCoby
11-08-2012, 02:37 AM
Why did they even have to take it out?

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Well, if we could equip the musket, we would be complaining because we could not remove it like we can't remove a sword by conventional means....Which is also dumb, but hey what do I know.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 03:46 AM
Hey I think there is actually a Ca-nu. I saw what looked like one when I was climbing a rock in Black Creek. Didn't go over to investigate it, but had the out line of one.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Hey I think there is actually a Ca-nu. I saw what looked like one when I was climbing a rock in Black Creek. Didn't go over to investigate it, but had the out line of one.
It`s confirmed. Canoeing was removed..

Ezio270
11-08-2012, 04:18 AM
Yeah the game trailers are misleading especially on assassin's creed 3. Remember on the gameplay AC3, were you hunt for deers and give them to the guy in the patriot camp

yeah i noticed this it's from the E3 demo

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 05:46 AM
yeah i noticed this it's from the E3 demo

Hey you still can hunt things for people, but you have to travel to Boston and New York. Pretty stupid why they took those out, especially the Canoe when it was such a big Success in the other Assassin Games.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-08-2012, 07:14 AM
I honestly don't get the point of taking out random quests, canoeing, muskets, etc. Like what would have honestly warranted taking it out???

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 07:17 AM
I honestly don't get the point of taking out random quests, canoeing, muskets, etc. Like what would have honestly warranted taking it out???

Dunno, maybe it would have taken to much time to make it all work. Maybe in Upcoming Dlc they will able you to carry muskets, and Drive Canoes. I mean this is my first time buying a DLC thing for Assassins creed so it better be worth it.

Scystab
11-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Aveline can ride a conoe in LIberations, right? SO i don't see why making it work should be a prob. but i guess they didnt want to feed it all to us at once ;)

SolidSage
11-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I think running with the musket in hand is a reasonable compromise. There has to be a limit to the ridiculousness. He's supposed to free run with all this gear on, that's one of the other reasons I was so against armor in the first place. In fact I think heavy weapons should have to be carried that way too, they look way odd hanging from the belt jacking him in the ankle when he's running. I don't use them because of that simple immersion breaker.
And how hard would it be to get the bow off of his back if there was a musket it on there too? It just gets too much.

As it is you CAN free run with the musket in hand as long as you don't have to climb a wall or swing from a branch. That seems like a real attention to detail to me. And when there are so many muskets lying around after a good rampage that you can pick up off the ground while hauling tail, what is the point of carrying one on his back really.
Light and lean, like a native.

I do think the canoes would have been nice though. Especially taking one over a waterfall but it's not a biggy.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 07:29 AM
I think running with the musket in hand is a reasonable compromise. There has to be a limit to the ridiculousness. He's supposed to free run with all this gear on, that's one of the other reasons I was so against armor in the first place. In fact I think heavy weapons should have to be carried that way too, they look way odd hanging from the belt jacking him in the ankle when he's running. I don't use them because of that simple immersion breaker.
And how hard would it be to get the bow off of his back if there was a musket it on there too? It just gets too much.

As it is you CAN free run with the musket in hand as long as you don't have to climb a wall or swing from a branch. That seems like a real attention to detail to me. And when there are so many muskets lying around after a good rampage that you can pick up off the ground while hauling tail, what is the point of carrying one on his back really.

I do think the canoes would have been nice though. Especially taking one over a waterfall but it's not a biggy.
I disagree with the musket thing you are saying. A musket isn't really that heavy. Plus I dunno about you but I like getting on roof tops and taking my targets out with a rifle, not a bow and arrow, or a tiny pistol. And the rifle would look badass on him.

SolidSage
11-08-2012, 07:34 AM
@Ceaser-of-Rome
Hey I killed you already so this must be a fake.

The muskets are really long though and that would be an issue, and they're not as pliable as the bow would be for rolling and all that jazz. As far as rooftops, well I see where you're coming from but you can find a few up there.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 07:41 AM
@Ceaser-of-Rome
Hey I killed you already so this must be a fake.

The muskets are really long though and that would be an issue, and they're not as pliable as the bow would be for rolling and all that jazz. As far as rooftops, well I see where you're coming from but you can find a few up there.

My point is I want a musket where ever I go. This is My favorite era, and I mostly bought this game for the Land Battles and muskets. Since both are not really in, I'm kinda Disappointed.

SolidSage
11-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Well if they code it so you could have either the bow OR the musket it would be alright. Having both on his back just seems overkill to me.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Well if they code it so you could have either the bow OR the musket it would be alright. Having both on his back just seems overkill to me.

Not to mention would look stupid.