PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Battles [spoilers]

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 12:13 AM
I have to ask a question. Where is all the Frontier battles, that was in all the trailers? I only saw one of them when you are trying to assassinate the Red-Coat general, and it wasn't even fun. In one trailer they said "You might come across a Frontier battle while roaming in the frontier." What a flat out lie, I've been everywhere in the frontier and saw nothing. This really made me mad, because I really wanted to watch these battles and fight in them. And this isn't a spoiler so don't move it please.

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 12:17 AM
yes they lied.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 12:18 AM
I came across some battles. Not big ones, though.. Just minor small ones..

In the game you witness about 3 large Scale battles. Keep playing..

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 12:19 AM

wha? rally? in the frontier? i keep seeing scouts and thyats it

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 12:21 AM

I already beat the game, and I'm playing my second story mode because, the Liberation contracts make no since. You fight for the Blues yet you're assigned to kill them. And the Characters refeer to them as red-coats. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Well, I didn't see any so I made some myself. Try to run into a group of patriots when hunted by redcoats and see what happens.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 12:36 AM
wha? rally? in the frontier? i keep seeing scouts and thyats it
Just keep roaming..

I already beat the game, and I'm playing my second story mode because, the Liberation contracts make no since. You fight for the Blues yet you're assigned to kill them. And the Characters refeer to them as red-coats. Pretty messed up if you ask me.
You`re not fighting for the blues. you`re fighting for freedom and the Assassins. No one else..

Mr_Shade
11-08-2012, 12:38 AM
spoilers guys.. careful..

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 12:40 AM
spoilers guys.. careful..

Are you joking?

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Are you joking?
No He`s right..

Some of the posts are really tip toeing into spoiler territory..

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Are you joking?

you can never be sure.

AssassinGame1
11-08-2012, 12:43 AM
The Frontier is huge, doubled Rome from ACB (ACB was the 16th biggest game world of all time) so there probably are wars in the Frontier but it must be a hard time looking for it.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 01:34 AM
The Frontier is huge, doubled Rome from ACB (ACB was the 16th biggest game world of all time) so there probably are wars in the Frontier but it must be a hard time looking for it.

LOL, I've been looking, got all my View points, ran around everywhere still nothing. They just lied so they could make up sales from ACR since ACR was Terrible.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:37 AM
LOL, I've been looking, got all my View points, ran around everywhere still nothing. They just lied so they could make up sales from ACR since ACR was Terrible.
Make up sales for ACR ?? It sold better than AC 2..

And I`ll ask a question since you claim to have roamed every corner of the Frontier. Do you know if the cave to the Grand Temple is actually discover-able ?? or was it just for the scenes ?

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Make up sales for ACR ?? It sold better than AC 2..

And I`ll ask a question since you claim to have roamed every corner of the Frontier. Do you know if the cave to the Grand Temple is actually discover-able ?? or was it just for the scenes ?

Give me a hour to look, as I said I started my game over. Deleted my last file because, I didn't want the temptation. And the only temple I've been to so far was the Mi'ans.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Give me a hour to look, as I said I started my game over. Deleted my last file because, I didn't want the temptation. And the only temple I've been to so far was the Mi'ans.
Then you`v not roamed too much if you`v yet to find the Central Vault..

Its not enough.. Once you`v found the Grand temple (i.e Central Vault), and claim to have seen this or not seen that, then I`ll take what you say to heart..

Trust me, friend The Frontier is Huge..

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Then you`v not roamed too much if you`v yet to find the Central Vault..

Its not enough.. Once you`v found the Grand temple (i.e Central Vault), and claim to have seen this or not seen that, then I`ll take what you say to heart..

Trust me, friend The Frontier is Huge..

Trust me my friend I've roamed and explored every part of the frontier after I beat the main mission. And just because I haven't noticed a Central Vault doesn't mean I haven't explored the whole frontier. And a Huge battle is way easier to see then a tiny cave.

LightRey
11-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Trust me my friend I've roamed and explored every part of the frontier after I beat the main mission. And just because I haven't noticed a Central Vault doesn't mean I haven't explored the whole frontier. And a Huge battle is way easier to see then a tiny cave.
It's not that tiny. :P

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:57 AM
No You have not roamed it enough, I do not trust you..

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 01:58 AM
It's not that tiny. :P

First off this is about Frontier battles not about caves. I really don't want this to be a spoiler post. So if any moderator comes on here can you please block those messages?

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:59 AM
First off this is about Frontier battles not about caves. I really don't want this to be a spoiler post. So if any moderator comes on here can you please block those messages?
The Vault is not a spoiler.

and this is about your claim of roaming ALL of the Frontier, which is false apparently..

Escappa
11-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Lol, he understands that he's lost and goes into defence position.

No hard feelings man, but it's really kinda funny that people will never change from the daycare days.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 02:01 AM
No You have not roamed it enough, I do not trust you..
I'm just going to ignore you, troll. Once again a know it all must have seen my screen to know what I've done. Tell me what did I just do an hour ago? What DLC did I just unlock? Did I buy the Season pass?

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm just going to ignore you, troll. Once again a know it all must have seen my screen to know what I've done. Tell me what did I just do an hour ago? What DLC did I just unlock? Did I buy the Season pass?
I`v no claim to what you did in your game..Only that you did not roam the Frontier Properly.. You`re just bitter that I rebuffed your claim of "Roaming all the frontier"

Oh and, Ignoring is just another sign of your weak position. No one is going to take you seriously. So I suggest admitting that You`re wrong and actually go roam the Frontier then come back here rather than accusing people of being trolls..

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Now since I can't see anymore of Senior trolls posts we can continue with the thread about Frontier battles. Not about a tiny Vault in the middle of no-where that I don't even care about.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Well once I ran into a group of five patriots aiming for a group of six redcoats out in the woods.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 02:14 AM
You`re an Embarrassing addition to this forum..

You removed every doubt of your Incivility..

I`v seen Battles and executions in Frontier..now i`m out of this

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Well once I ran into a group of five patriots aiming for a group of six redcoats out in the woods.

Lucky I have yet to see something like that. Only thing close to that I've seen was, when two patrols smacked into each other. Then started bayoneting each other. I'm surprised there isn't any Indians attacking patrols in this game. Only the Main mission part.

CalgaryJay
11-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Since we're talking about underground Frontier stuff, I have a question regarding "buried" Peg Leg trinkets & treasures; are we supposed to find a cave to get to these icons, or is it all part of a nearby town's underground tunnel system that I need to locate? (or neither?)

Thanks if anyone can help..

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Since we're talking about underground Frontier stuff, I have a question regarding "buried" Peg Leg trinkets & treasures; are we supposed to find a cave to get to these icons, or is it all part of a nearby town's underground tunnel system that I need to locate? (or neither?)

Thanks if anyone can help..
You have to look for the Cave or Mine entrance nearby. There are no Tunnel Networks in the Frontier..

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 03:19 AM
There's Chests underground, and you have to go into a Cave to get under the ground to get to it.

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Well, I found the cave and I've spent a good bit of time in the frontier. I'm on my second play through now just starting sequence 6 so I can hopefully find these random battles in the frontier. I won't lie, I never came across these in my first playthough and obviously they won't exist after you beat the game for obvious reasons. How often did y'all see the small battles?? I really wish they would patch in or add dlc that gives more random battles, liberation missions,and of course fort battles. I personally would not have minded fort defense if they had just refined the den defense. At elast we could have ignored it and had to retake the forts as much as we wanted

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 03:42 AM
There aren't random battles unfortunately. There's times when you'll see two patrols just randoms walk into each other then start fighting. Must be a Bugg. Anyways I've come to the conclusion they lied just to get sales up.

CalgaryJay
11-08-2012, 03:47 AM
You have to look for the Cave or Mine entrance nearby. There are no Tunnel Networks in the Frontier..

There's Chests underground, and you have to go into a Cave to get under the ground to get to it.

Thanks fellas

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 04:01 AM
There aren't random battles unfortunately. There's times when you'll see two patrols just randoms walk into each other then start fighting. Must be a Bugg. Anyways I've come to the conclusion they lied just to get sales up.
Because everyone buys AC for random battles.. -_-

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Because everyone buys AC for random battles.. -_-

meh, but it is disappointing and the demo and previews were misleading. I'm surprised people didn't ask stuff like this in interviews. And I hate to make a reference to the Patriot movie but I was kind of hoping for scenes like that where you come across a battle in a field randomly with canon fire and muskets going off in the fog. Even random battles in the small towns or seizing of property randomly would have been cool.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 04:07 AM
meh, but it is disappointing and the demo and previews were misleading. I'm surprised people didn't ask stuff like this in interviews.
It is disappointing and I made a thread about it, but saying that this was a ploy to increase sales is just stupid..

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 04:37 AM
It is disappointing and I made a thread about it, but saying that this was a ploy to increase sales is just stupid..

True. PLus the game is still incredible without it.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 04:48 AM

Are you an idiot? You obviously don't know a thing about sales. All their trailers take place with a huge battle going on. When you see something that ginormous with alot of A.I's (Like they said where going to be on Random battlefields) You want to buy it. It looks epic=Makes people buy it. Same with Black ops 1. Alot of people pre-ordered it for the Avatar item. Later to find out Gamestop Lied, you can only get it with Collectors edition which they didn't mention.
You make trailers look awsome just to get sales, but trailers are different from The Game which misleads alot of people.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Lol.. Revelations sold poorly because it was horrible? I've learned fro my little tie on online forums is that people tend to think that the majority thinks the same way they do. So if they find a game horrible they'll conclude everyone else probably hates the game. If they find a game awesome they are surprised to find people who hate the game.. -__-

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Lol.. Revelations sold poorly because it was horrible? I've learned fro my little tie on online forums is that people tend to think that the majority thinks the same way they do. So if they find a game horrible they'll conclude everyone else probably hates the game. If they find a game awesome they are surprised to find people who hate the game.. -__-

Well if you look at IGN, and other Game websites, and videos on youtube from these companys you'll see what a low score they got. You see people bought it, but they didn't continue to sell the game. That's why when you search the game on Gamestop, it's the same price as ACB. Now if it was still a good seller the game would be 40 bucks. Ohh yeah, and when I picked the game up the day it came out and asked how much they sold. The guy said "Midnight launch was terrible, but on the other hand they were busy for the first 2-3 hours" Now when ACB came out they where busy all day, which means they sold alot of copies. And mostly everyone on Xbox Hated ACR, including me. The Game was short, boring, Ending sucked, and the Den defender sucked terribly.

Also, I know that people don't think the same way I do. But when someone like Assasssins_M Rambles on because, he think he knows it all *Cough* Knew about my Frontier because, I didn't Notice for a tiny vault*Cough*Now knows about sales, Bet he hasn't even had a job*Cough* kinda pisses me off. pardon my French.

SplasH-PuLs3z
11-08-2012, 06:16 AM
I saw one in Boston close to a fort i had liberated.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Yeah, only thing for me is, I can't find the freaking buttons. I've Raided alot of Convoys, kill alot of reds and looted them. But can't manage to find my buttons!!!!

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Well if you look at IGN, and other Game websites, and videos on youtube from these companys you'll see what a low score they got. You see people bought it, but they didn't continue to sell the game. That's why when you search the game on Gamestop, it's the same price as ACB. Now if it was still a good seller the game would be 40 bucks. Ohh yeah, and when I picked the game up the day it came out and asked how much they sold. The guy said "Midnight launch was terrible, but on the other hand they were busy for the first 2-3 hours" Now when ACB came out they where busy all day, which means they sold alot of copies. And mostly everyone on Xbox Hated ACR, including me. The Game was short, boring, Ending sucked, and the Den defender sucked terribly.

Also, I know that people don't think the same way I do. But when someone like Assasssins_M Rambles on because, he think he knows it all *Cough* Knew about my Frontier because, I didn't Notice for a tiny vault*Cough*Now knows about sales, Bet he hasn't even had a job*Cough* kinda pisses me off. pardon my French.

Well he probably doesn't have a job because he attends a college most people probably couldn't get into, but I'll let him give you deets if you really want to know. The temple/ cave is on the edge of the map so it is out of the way I'll give you that, but in all respect, when you say you've seen the entire map and missed that, it does lower you credibility just a tad. Not trying to start anything, but everyone needs to be respectful

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Yeah, only thing for me is, I can't find the freaking buttons. I've Raided alot of Convoys, kill alot of reds and looted them. But can't manage to find my buttons!!!!

I was only able to craft the buttons after I got the tailor in NY

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Revelation's ending sucked? I thought it was bloody brilliant. I guess I have no idea what makes endings suck or rock for some people.. lol. Anyways revelations received nearabout 80% on metacritic. The worst response for an AC sure but by no means a low score.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Revelation's ending sucked? I thought it was bloody brilliant. I guess I have no idea what makes endings suck or rock for some people.. lol. Anyways revelations received nearabout 80% on metacritic. The worst response for an AC sure but by no means a low score.

Well First off, in Brotherhood Ezio found the Apple. Then in Rev. he found it again in a different place after he locked it away. So that made little to no sense. Then He walks in, find the dead body, with the already found but must have stood up and walked away apple. Then he walks over to the stone Altar(or what ever it's called) then he drops all his gear says he gives up and Bam Credits. Pretty lame I have to say. But, Opinions are opinions. You liked it, I didn't.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Well he probably doesn't have a job because he attends a college most people probably couldn't get into, but I'll let him give you deets if you really want to know. The temple/ cave is on the edge of the map so it is out of the way I'll give you that, but in all respect, when you say you've seen the entire map and missed that, it does lower you credibility just a tad. Not trying to start anything, but everyone needs to be respectful

Sorry have to disagree with you on the College part. Sounds like he's 14 trying to make himself heard. Anyways, the reason I probably didn't see this Cave, and yes a Cave is tiny compared to the whole map, is because I don't go exploring dungeons, and Caves. A big Battle isn't going to take part in a Cave. Anyways, I have Explored the Whole Frontier(Not the Caves), and found no Battles, just patrols, Chest, trinkets, animals, houses, Caves, Convoys and other crap I'm not going to blaber on.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 07:54 AM

BTW are you talking about the Cave in Black Creek? Where you litterly have to keep Hanging and moving on a ledge to get there? Wow what a troll assassin_M is Anyone can completely explore the Frontier and miss that because it looks like you can't even get up there, so why bother?

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Well First off, in Brotherhood Ezio found the Apple. Then in Rev. he found it again in a different place after he locked it away. So that made little to no sense. Then He walks in, find the dead body, with the already found but must have stood up and walked away apple. Then he walks over to the stone Altar(or what ever it's called) then he drops all his gear says he gives up and Bam Credits. Pretty lame I have to say. But, Opinions are opinions. You liked it, I didn't.

O.o You do realize they were two different pieces of Eden right? the one Ezio left in the Colosseum was recovered by Desmond (I don't know what happened to it in AC III since I've not played it yet). The other one that Ezio discovered in Masyaf was the piece Altair recovered from Jerusalem, and after being left there by Ezio it was recovered by Abstergo and, sometimes near the modern day timeline, was destroyed in an accident in one of their offices.

As the Ezio leaving it there, he was a poor old man by that time. He had lost everyone dear to him, and was looking to settle down finally after this final job. Makes sense he wouldn't find it in himself to go through all the trouble again. I can certainly relate to that. We are young guys (presumably) so we are always raring to go, but we should think from a broken old man's perspective. Poor guy deserved some rest, and he did.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 08:04 AM
hmm I thought in AC2 the templars to Altairs Apple and then The Caeser got it then Ezio found it locked it back up. Etc.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 08:08 AM
-____-

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 09:12 AM
hmm I thought in AC2 the templars to Altairs Apple and then The Caeser got it then Ezio found it locked it back up. Etc.

Altair did say to deceive others by telling them that he locked it away at Cyprus, Cipango, or under the sea. It's just by coincidence that the templars found one at Cyprus during the Renaissance.

LightRey
11-08-2012, 10:46 AM
...wait. People were seriously expecting to see hundreds of patriots and loyalists fighting random battles in the frontier? -____-

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 11:05 AM
...wait. People were seriously expecting to see hundreds of patriots and loyalists fighting random battles in the frontier? -____-

Since I haven't played the game yet, I have some questions.

Large-scale battle do occur but they are scripted? I'm perfectly OK with that.
Smaller scale random battle do happen?

Legendz54
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Since I haven't played the game yet, I have some questions.

Large-scale battle do occur but they are scripted? I'm perfectly OK with that.
Smaller scale random battle do happen?

Large scale battles do happen in missions only, Patrols wonder the frontier but they dont fight others. Small scale battles may happen between soldiers and bears/ wolves.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Large scale battles do happen in missions only, Patrols wonder the frontier but they dont fight others. Small scale battles may happen between soldiers and bears/ wolves.

That sounds good. Thanks for the reply!

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Nope not hundreds. More like one platoon against another. I wouldn't mind a 10 on 10 fight but we don't even see that. It's a shame really because there are some huge open spaces. The large fields allowing you to stalk are kind of pointless. You could have a battle going on and Connor could sneak up through these fields of tall grass and take out his targets one by one. All there is in the game are small patrols of a few soldiers doing nothing but marching. Not fort attacks or battles, no random events between Pats and regulars

The frontier is massive and gorgeous but you run out of things to do real quick. It's a little disappointing