PDA

View Full Version : Some Important Questions About the Ending [MAJOR SPOILERS]

kudos17
11-08-2012, 12:00 AM
So I recently finished AC3, and to be short and quick, I was disappointed with the way they ended Desmond's story. Quick, confusing, and above all, made no sense.

If Juno had the power to protect the planet from the solar flare, why didn't she just do it during the first one?

Why does Desmond trust Juno so blindly to save humanity, when she's made it abundantly clear that she hates them?

Why did Shaun and Rebecca say absolutely nothing during that entire sequence?

Why did Minerva and Tinia reach out to Desmond and tell him that he was special and had to save the world, if they wanted to stop Juno?

What did Minerva and Tinia think that Juno was actually doing?

Why did no one point out that "the past repeating itself" was the case in both scenarios, since the enslavement of humanity is how humanity began anyway?

Why did Desmond's mindset suddenly shift into one of a Templar's for him to make this decision?

How long do I have to keep asking questions until this ending makes sense? There's so many plotholes, and don't tell me it's to "leave room for future installments". No, these are all plotholes relating to THIS particular game. Sloppy and rushed, I'm sorry to say... Anyone else agree? At least Connor's story ended well :nonchalance:

Mega8BitPanda
11-08-2012, 12:16 AM
If Juno had the power to protect the planet from the solar flare, why didn't she just do it during the first one?

Juno was stuck within the Temple's construct. She didn't want the world saved if she remained imprisoned and thus used it as a bargaining chip to get her way. She was supposed to be completely dead and no one really knew she survived by the means she did and couldn't physically do anything. Thus, being unleashed by Desmond, she could try to reign once more in a physical form.

Why does Desmond trust Juno so blindly to save humanity, when she's made it abundantly clear that she hates them?

It was a 50/50 chance either could work yet Desmond seemed to think that so long as the device does at it originally intended then it'd be a better outcome. The device was originally meant to save the world, it wasn't until Juno's alterations that it became the situation we saw. He believed unleashing Juno was the lesser of two evils in the hopes others would topple her possible reign over humanity rather than leave people to the solar flare.

Why did Minerva and Tinia reach out to Desmond and tell him that he was special and had to save the world, if they wanted to stop Juno?

To Minerva and Tinia, Juno was dealt with and posed no threat. They didn't know she'd be there when Desmond reached the temple, so up until that point he was; still was in fact but at the end she didn't want him to go through with it due to Juno's alterations of the device and wished for the world to start again once more than have Juno unleashed.

Why did Desmond's mindset suddenly shift into one of a Templar's for him to make this decision?

I would say because of the story he witnessed between Connor and Haytham, which given the circumstances presented to him he began to realise the Templars were alike the Assassin's and it was merely the means to an end that was the issue. He didn't want to enslave the world but he didn't want it to end, either, and hoped the group would continue the fight for freedom and knowledge, things I think he wanted but couldn't bare to doom the entire world as he believed they could defeat Juno once again as it's happened before yet surviving the flare was mere chance last time.

Hope this clears a few things up or offers some reasons you can apply. It's hard to say the absolute true reasons given how quick the ending was though those were the conclusions I came to.

F4H bandicoot
11-08-2012, 12:19 AM
So I recently finished AC3, and to be short and quick, I was disappointed with the way they ended Desmond's story. Quick, confusing, and above all, made no sense.

The Eye is what saves the world. Touching it just releases Juno.

Because otherwise 99.9% of people die.

Why did Shaun and Rebecca say absolutely nothing during that entire sequence?
No idea

They didn't want to stop Juno, they thought she was dead.

What did Minerva and Tinia think that Juno was actually doing?
Being dead

Why did no one point out that "the past repeating itself" was the case in both scenarios, since the enslavement of humanity is how humanity began anyway?
Because it was a lesser repeat without the problems that come post solar flare

Did you play the Connor-Haytham sequences??

How long do I have to keep asking questions until this ending makes sense? There's so many plotholes, and don't tell me it's to "leave room for future installments". No, these are all plotholes relating to THIS particular game. Sloppy and rushed, I'm sorry to say... Anyone else agree? At least Connor's story ended well :nonchalance:

Answers in bold.
The ending is neither sloppy or rushed, just somewhat poorly presented.

Layytez
11-08-2012, 12:35 AM
It was sloppy, rushed and poorly presented. The only reason why we are not as confused is because we have played previous games at least once. New people to the franchise may pick this up as their first game and i really much doubt they would understand anything at all. They said it's a stand alone game and that newcomers don't have to play the previous games to understand the story. I'm telling you now that if I didn't play the last games I'd be lost and **** based on that bs ending. It's like what is the point ? Sure kill him off but don't let him take the answers to our 3 year old questions with him.