PDA

View Full Version : Connor's Voice Actor Is Just Right

TrueAssassin77
11-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Conners voice actor is also a native american from the Crow tribe(or was it Black Foot?). Conner speaks just like he should. Difference between Altair and connor, is while when Altair is quiet it is simply for the sake of being quiet .... connors silence seaks louder than words. Connor is much more expressive in his native language because that's the language he is comfortable in. Notice how connor uses absolutly no "slang" words. Its because when non-english speaker are taught english, they generally are not taught the slang words.You can see his personality evident in the way he speaks his native language . He sounds robotic while speaking English .... because most alot English speakers sound robotic speaking it . Connor has a quiet intensity that is done very well by the actor. Saying connor has "no personality" is as ignorant a statement can be.

Take in mind, ezio and Altair never spoke English. The animus was translating for us. That's why ezio was so expressive... because he speaking his native tongue, tho to us it sounds English. Connor is not being translated. It is evident in a lot of scenes. He learned English as a second language. while ezio never spoke it at all, but was actually speaking Italian........................

The devs got it right man, connor has a superb voice actor

eagleforlife1
11-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Agreed. Although he is a Blackfoot.

Will_Lucky
11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Honestly, his voice wasn't that fantastic the actor showed little emotion and didn't give everything for the part. And you continuously state the language being right on well your incorrect. If Connor could speak English at the age of five and maybe younger the character therefore has mastery of a second language at an age young enough that it would be close to his native tongue. And no most non-english speakers don't sound robotic when speaking English that is ridiculous.

TrueAssassin77
11-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Honestly, his voice wasn't that fantastic the actor showed little emotion and didn't give everything for the part. And you continuously state the language being right on well your incorrect. If Connor could speak English at the age of five and maybe younger the character therefore has mastery of a second language at an age young enough that it would be close to his native tongue. And no most non-english speakers don't sound robotic when speaking English that is ridiculous.

i never said the langauge was right on... i said the actor is... "whats your name" and "so i can find you" isn't exactly mastery of an language...

And alot of non-speakers do actually speak hesitantly(i admit robotic was not the right description to use)

connors personality was done on purpose, his speech was done on purpose. do you really think the voice actor was bad... or was it the devs intention to make connor a strong silent type? Connors voice actor is just right in regards to everyone connor was set up to be

KristianRusevvv
11-07-2012, 10:10 PM
He sounds robotic while speaking English .... because most alot English speakers sound robotic speaking it .English is the 2nd hardest language in the world.

Come on!!!
I'm a philologist.
First, English is not by far the second hardest language, if anything it might be on the top list of 'easiest' languages in the world.
Second, the term hardest/hard language is sooo contradictory even more AC is so I don't think anyone would want to go there :D . It's like saying America is the best country in the world. It's just not possible
It all depends on your mother tounge/language and still English is not difficult by any means.

As to your comment on Connor's vocal expressions I also think they are impecable

TrueAssassin77
11-07-2012, 10:12 PM
hmmmmm
well now that i think about it. its an opinion on what is the hardest language so nvm on that part.

whats a phololgist.

Legendz54
11-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Connors voice actor is awesome, people quoted me and disagreeing is not going to change what I think. IMO it really fits Connor.

hyatari
11-07-2012, 10:17 PM
He was like something from Days Of Our Lives. I found myself laughing at times, because it was so hammy and cheesy haha.

MisterEFQ
11-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I found when ever they were speaking the their native language, it was extremely unemotional and at one tone. It really distracted me.

Will_Lucky
11-08-2012, 12:03 AM
i never said the langauge was right on... i said the actor is... "whats your name" and "so i can find you" isn't exactly mastery of an language...

And alot of non-speakers do actually speak hesitantly(i admit robotic was not the right description to use)

connors personality was done on purpose, his speech was done on purpose. do you really think the voice actor was bad... or was it the devs intention to make connor a strong silent type? Connors voice actor is just right in regards to everyone connor was set up to be

At the age of 5 it proved a strong solid second language. He isn't a non-speaker in that regard because he has known English very well from a young age.
And yes, I thought the voice actor was bad, if it was the devs intention to make a strong silent type they should have had him talk less because I never got that vibe.

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 12:07 AM
to each his own i guess

AssassinGame1
11-08-2012, 12:51 AM
They picked a great voice actor, but I think that if his voice would have been a little deeper, Connor would sound more... Violent or dangerous

IronEagl3
11-08-2012, 12:52 AM
I actually really like his voice. It's calm and soothing at some points but when he gets serious the whole feeling of it changes. It's really cool and pretty badass. Mostly because his voice is sort of like mine when he's calm :P

kriegerdesgottes
11-08-2012, 01:28 AM
I agree I think Noah Watts is perfect for the part. I think he did a great job.

Kaschra
11-08-2012, 04:39 AM
I'm... torn. There are lots of where moments I like his voice, but also lots of moments where I don't like his voice :/

JACKEDRAM1500
11-08-2012, 05:09 AM
He's horrible. Most of the time it just sounds like he's reading from a book and the odd time he actually puts effort into the line it's when he's being an *******.

Conner is a *****.

Free_Hidings
11-08-2012, 06:07 AM
I think the voice is great. Calm, gentle and soft when talking to people he cares about, like his Homestead homies. But very strong and sharp when he is getting angry or wound up. Very good variance in emotion.

But I found most of the native tongue stuff a bif off, especially the kids.

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Though I like his voice acting, I've always felt that Connor sounds a little goofy. Now I know why - Connor sounds like Hayden Christensen if the latter can actually act.

Ez_187
11-08-2012, 08:16 AM
I thought it fit him great especially his Character it wasn't over done or anything and scenes with him and Achilles were great