PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Encyclopedia of the Common Man Homestead Side Quest (glitch/broken)

Zebroneath
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
While trying to scan everyone in the Homestead doing their tasks, I was left with the Woodworker to examine. While the in-game log says that I have only one activity to examine left, the in-game notification tells me I have already completed this worker. I knew I have not, so I kept trying. After having watched him examine the fence, sand wood, and fix a chair, it would still not complete the mission.

I am assuming this is a glitch in part of the game and I am saying this to bring to light something that should be fixed in a future patch, if possible. I would also like to know if anyone has had a similar issue, just to make sure I am not the only one.

pacmanate
11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Yes, this is one of the biggest glitches in the game. Ubis fault tbh, too many criteria for one thing.

Silhouelle
11-07-2012, 05:16 PM
That quest bugged on me too. I got them all 3/3 but the manor log never updated with the farmers, despite my going back to them. Probably recorded them doing 6 different things by now. So going for 100% on main save file is kinda pointless now.

monsterroc
11-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Is there a way of getting around this problem?

MichaeLionheart
11-07-2012, 07:05 PM
That quest bugged on me too. I got them all 3/3 but the manor log never updated with the farmers, despite my going back to them. Probably recorded them doing 6 different things by now. So going for 100% on main save file is kinda pointless now.

Yep.. got the same problem with the farmers.. i have them 3/3 but the log isn't updating.. hoping Ubi comes out with a patch soon to fix it.

Rachgier
11-07-2012, 11:15 PM
What I noticed with some of my friends who I talked to about it. When you examine the tasks for the book it seems as if when you do it when they are with another artisan it f's up. My glitch is also the woodworker/lumberer issue but I know that one task I recorded was Lance, Terry, and Godfrey inspecting the stack of dimensional lumber in front of the mill. Same with the Miner. When I recorded him sharpening his tools with Big Dave it gave me credit for Big Dave at 3/3 and entry complete but Norris was 3/3 and no entry completed so I followed him around relentlessly and eventually caught him panning gold and it popped with an entry complete.

I'm trying the same thing with my lumberers but they are some seriously lazy people. Eat, smoke, and fish all day, drink all night, and maybe stare at some wagon wheels when they are bored.

TaleraRis
11-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Yeah I'm having this glitch with the woodworker, too.

My lazybones for the longest time was Ellen. All she ever did every time I saw her was stand outside her door smoking that darned pipe.

Kytr
11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
So she eventually does something else. I mean other than get examined by the doctor, which is no help. I still need 3 actions from her and 1 from Norris to finish this and they only ever do the same things. Very Frustrating.

RandomRansom
11-09-2012, 11:05 PM
While trying to scan everyone in the Homestead doing their tasks, I was left with the Woodworker to examine. While the in-game log says that I have only one activity to examine left, the in-game notification tells me I have already completed this worker. I knew I have not, so I kept trying. After having watched him examine the fence, sand wood, and fix a chair, it would still not complete the mission.

I am assuming this is a glitch in part of the game and I am saying this to bring to light something that should be fixed in a future patch, if possible. I would also like to know if anyone has had a similar issue, just to make sure I am not the only one.

I got the trophy for this AND the Completionist trophy both with still 2/3 scans of the Woodworker. They must have updated it or something to fix the issue. If you get 3/3, then you encountered a glitch where you apparently scan the wife of the woodworker or something and get the 3/3, but that prevents you from getting the trophy (if the rumor I heard was true).

Agent Thirty7
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM

You can still get 100% and the completionist achievement without this quest finished.

Slifer2880
11-15-2012, 01:23 AM
I found a 3rd job Lance was doing but it wouldn't let me scan him doing it cuz i got the 2/3, and he doesn't have a wife, ur thinking of the lumberers

GolfPro72
11-15-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm showing this is completed, all residents are at 3/3, the log is updated, but the achievement won't pop. I've been seeing this issue popping up quite a bit online. Disappointing quest overall, as it's inordinately long and worth basically nothing in terms of 100% completion and gamer score (10 GS for this? Really?)

I haven't tried going back and scanning the characters again, but I don't see how that is going to help.

Slifer2880
11-15-2012, 04:32 AM
U don't need it for 100% completion unless ur going for the platinum or w/e it is for xbox, lol

Some Loser BK
11-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Same problem here for the Xbox360. I have ALL the people on 3/3. Yet no achievement.
Not too sure where to find the log book in the manor, have searched in everyroom with no success. Could someone please describe where it is?

Cheers

Kaswa101
11-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Same problem here for the Xbox360. I have ALL the people on 3/3. Yet no achievement.
Not too sure where to find the log book in the manor, have searched in everyroom with no success. Could someone please describe where it is?

Cheers

I believe you can find it under the map. Just scroll down to logbook for details on all your challenges. :) If that's what you're asking about. :confused:

WiriestScroll3
11-15-2012, 11:38 PM
This game starts get major crashes after completing game. Ubi start work hurry! More Add-ons, bug fixes etc.