PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III sells 3.5 million

catkiller97
11-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Assassin's Creed III sells 3.5 million (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-06-assassins-creed-iii-sells-3-5-million) :p

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed III victory lap overshadowed the release of its first-half financial report today, but there was good news to be had on both fronts.
Starting with Assassin's Creed III, Ubisoft estimates that the latest entry in the stealth action series has sold through more than 3.5 million copies since its October 30 debut. That makes it the biggest launch in company history, with initial sales doubling those of last year's Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
Ubisoft was doing well even before the launch of Assassin's Creed III. For the six months ended September 30, the publisher reported sales of €279.2 million ($357.9 million), up 12 percent year-over-year. However, Ubisoft still reported net losses of €32.3 million ($41.4 million), improved from losses of €37.1 million ($47.6 million) for the April-September period of last year.

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Makes me glad that I contributed. AC may be the one and only game title I pay full price for at release.
:)

kriegerdesgottes
11-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Makes me glad that I contributed. AC may be the one and only game title I pay full price for at release.
:)

Same here. Except the Arkham games and RDR.

Dagio12
11-07-2012, 04:13 PM
big congrats to UBISOFT!. That's excellent and well deserved. I hope Alex and the rest of the development team get the praise they deserve for a job well done.

silvermercy
11-07-2012, 04:21 PM
It's the FIRST time I paid for a game full price, first time I pre-ordered ever, and first time I purchased a special edition (Freedom).
And I don't regret it! :cool:

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 04:26 PM
It's the FIRST time I paid for a game full price, first time I pre-ordered ever, and first time I purchased a special edition (Freedom).

WOW same here! (minus the spec ed) - just got the Mayan Ruin SP & sword bonus. Money well spent and I'll do it again next year

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Same here. Except the Arkham games and RDR.

A friend bought me RDR - it would depend who the lead character is if I paid that much for it. {SPOIL} I was bitter over Marston
& Ark City wasn't as great for me as Asylum was imo. Just me. I'd probly buy more titles if I had the $$ to play with but bills & obligations come first.

pacmanate
11-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I thought 3.5 wasn't alot?

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't know if it is or not.... I never pay attn. to that stuff. I never figured out how companies made any $$ with the amount it costs them to make a good title.
When I watch the AC credits roll by (which I like reading to see all that went into it), the amount of people involved is staggering.

lothario-da-be
11-07-2012, 05:48 PM
I thought 3.5 wasn't alot?
Thats VERY much look at this
NEW AC FRANCHISE RECORD!!! Assassins creed 3 sells 3 millions units first week!

Assassin's Creed III Sells 3M Units First Week, Liberation Sells 100K

Assassin's Creed III, the latest game in the Assassin's Creed franchise, has set a franchise record selling three million units worldwide in its opening week. This is a 40 percent increase compared to Assassin's Creed: Revelations which held the
pr

evious record. Assassin's Creed: Revelations sold 2.15 million units in its opening week, while Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood sold 1.7 million units.

Assassin's Creed III

1.45 million of the sales were in the US, while 1.1 million are in Europe. The remaining 0.45 million units are from other regions in. The difference in sales between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions is next to nothing. The Xbox 360 version had a 52 percent marketshare, while the PlayStation 3 version had a 48 percent marketshare.

As a side note, Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (PSV) sold 100,000 units in its opening week.

Assassin's Creed III was released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 30 in North America and October 31 in Europe. The game will launch for the PC on November 20 in North America and November 23 in Europe. The Wii U version will be available on November 18 in North America and November 30 in Europe.

Source: VGchartz.com

pirate1802
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM

Haha same here. This is the first game I preordered 4 months ahead. And that too the special edition! Bought Revelations 2 months after release, and others at reduced prices.

Now if Ubi could just release the PC version I'd be the happiest person in the multiverse :D