PDA

View Full Version : I must be missing something here [spoilers]

Kaiskune
11-07-2012, 11:06 AM
I apologize if this dredges up the old anti Brit sentiment but I'm on sequence 10 so the story is not going to last much longer and I have to ask this.

what happened to the "let the patriots fight their war. I'm just here for the templar" attitude the game was supposed to encompass?

I've racked up more lobster (back) kills than the average fry cook in a fish restaurant. the closest thing to a fighting against the Americans has been when the occasional band of coffee swillers has attacked me walking down a road without provocation in 'liberated' Boston.
aside from the non-canon DLC where are the missions opposing the will of the Patriots?

and why the hell do the Hessian's have london accents?!

UrDeviant1
11-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Well there was a point where Connor abruptly turned down Paul Reveres request for help, stating: "They mistake me for one of their own" but when 'Pitcairn" (a Templar) was mentioned In the letter, only then did Connor decide to help, for the simple fact he wanted to get a Pitcairn.

pirate1802
11-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Put a spoiler tag.. c'mon -_-

SolidSage
11-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Maybe they were referring to the Madness of King Washington or whatever it's called. bet Connor'll be opening up blue coats all over that DLC.

Kaiskune
11-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Well there was a point where Connor abruptly turned down Paul Reveres request for help, stating: "They mistake me for one of their own" but when 'Pitcairn" (a Templar) was mentioned In the letter, only then did Connor decide to help, for the simple fact he wanted to get a Pitcairn.

and yet He's infatuated by their ideology only in his monologues does he mention his concern over his role in the liberation cause. in the later sequences Connor acts like he's at the beck and call of the Colonials.

Maybe they were referring to the Madness of King Washington or whatever it's called. bet Connor'll be opening up blue coats all over that DLC.

I thought about that but as its defined as non-canon I feel that Ubisoft has failed to avoid turning AC3 into the glorification of the revolutionary war. I'm not going to call it "Mel Gibsonian" because you can actually kill patriots. But to say the developers were based there, they played down the american invasion of canada in 1777 a fair amount. I would have liked to hunt a Templar in the colonial ranks in the canadian frontier, saint-Pierre or Cedars

dont get me wrong I've enjoyed the game somewhat but I've struggled to see Revolution as the back ground to the secret war between the templars and assassins in the later stages of the game.