PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Possible Updates, Upgrades, Equipment, etc. for future DLC (!NO SPOILERS!)

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Just ideas for simple patches, ideas for DLC including possible events and even things like outfits, weapons, etc.

Note: some of these may be in the game already but as I have not finished it yet, I do not know so sorry in advance)

- Altair Robes fix

- Connor's hood fix

- Desmond Miles skin (two versions: hoodless and hooded)

- The War of 1812 DLC: it would provide another conflict with the British (who should be manipulated by Templars again) but this time with the newborn nation. Plus we would get to be there for 11 new battles, the burning of the White House, AND the creation of the Star-Spangled Banner -- they could do so MUCH with it.

- Ezio (ACII) Robes, Ezio (Revelations) Robes, Armor of Brutus, Turkish Assassin Outfit (similar to the Turkish Assassin armor but the armor is much smaller and slimmer), Haythem Kenway Outfit, Washington's Outfit

- Access to Colonial Assassin Outfit and Captain of the Aquila outfit

- New Weaponry and Equipment:

Chinese Hidden Boot Blade (similar to the one seen in Embers)
Assassin's Musket (made of ivory and crafted by an African Assassin) this rifle can be equipped instead of Connor's Bow which makes it an effective long range and melee weapon rather than the bow but the downside is that it takes longer to load AND cannot be used as effectively for hunting). It can be upgraded by Benjamin Franklin to fire two shots before needing to reload. Further upgrades include a slightly faster reload (only slight) and the final upgrade allows you to fire 3 shots before reloading. I felt like Franklin would be a nice inventor helper like Da Vinci and that he could provide more advanced things for you similar to Da Vinci.
Assassin's Bow (crafted by Franklin using traditional Native designs along with Assassin tech): This bow is made using wood with inlaid metal forming designs such as the Assassin logo on the sides. It can be equipped to use standard arrows or trick arrows such as firework arrows which cause distractions for Connor to slip by unnoticed, trip arrows which launch a line from where it was shot that is connected to a piece Connor places on the wall or ground where it's at, Redcoats marching can trip the line which automatically causes a mechanism in each end of the arrow (both the arrow shot and the piece Connor places) to retract rapidly until they reconnect which causes gunpowder within the arrows to spark and explode killing groups of enemies the flipside however is that it takes preparation and isn't viable in a combat scenario, and more
- New types of dynamic side missions:

Stopping Crime (tackle down criminals who have robbed civilians, stop criminals fleeing using covered wagons in the Frontier, Investigate murder scenes in the Frontier and in the cities gathering clues and talking to the people who may have witnessed the killing, and chase after criminals robbing general stores)
- H-Blades upgrades. The H-Blades are pretty weak in combat. Upgrades could include different designs, boosts in combat power, and additional attachments, such as poison needle spread shot, and a second swivel-blade. Also, ability to choose to use the H-Blades traditionally or as hand-gripped knives. Possibly the return of the hook blade albeit used differently. It would be used to disarm opponents quickly and to flip yourself over them and continue running (as I don't believe you can do that in this game...) however I don't think it should speed climbing up...climbing is already faster than before and the buildings are shorter. It could maybe let Connor reach higher branches faster however. Like from the ground so rather than having to always find the short tree to climb and then go, you have about an extra foot -- maybe not haha

- Naval free-roam with random pirate ships that attack you, friendly ships that need help, etc.

- Boarding other ships for hand to hand combat during naval battle should be introduced.

- Ability to move around your ship while sailing, play games with those on board, etc.

- Ability to capture pirates and give them to the authorities for money.\

- Collectable Bounties: Aside from stopping robbers and things you can find Wanted Posters similar to the ones of you that give you the last known location of an escaped criminal. Sometimes they are needed alive or sometimes they can be killed. Killing one who needs to be alive results in failing that mission. Ones wanted dead OR alive have differing payments. Alive would give more money than dead. Connor can go around the cities and find Wanted Posters. To differentiate them from the wanted posters of Connor maybe the little spider web indicator could be tinted red or blue instead of white. Also note: Connor shouldn't be able to take on bounties if he is currently wanted by the authorities.

- Bounties on Connor: Aside from the guards in cities taking you on, bounties incurred from cities can sometimes have consequences in the Frontier where you can be ambushed by vigilantes (similar to the ambushes in Brotherhood if anyone recalls...)

- Caribbean should be able to be travelled to [real game-time]. New outfits, weapons, and missions there. New outfits include different hats, costumes and even capes for the naval theme.

- Ability to change the color of your ship and upgrade it even further, adding a triple deck for even more cannons and tri-shots on the swivel guns. Also, main-bombardment cannon in the front of the ship. Different shots for the bombardment cannon include flaming shots, huge chain shot, huge piercing round, shrapnel, and mortar bombs. Different colored sails also an option. Example of sails could be Ivory Assassin sails, Ebony Assassin Sails, various pirate logos, etc.

- Throwing knives must return.

- Ability to carry two tomahawks and dual wield them.

- Dual wielding with sword and tomahawk.

- Ability to throw tomahawk and kill guards at a distance. Can also throw both tomahawks for a double assassination kill.

- Evolved eagle sense.

- Added colored outfits for Connor's main assassin outfit. Should be at least twelve choices, not six. Any flashy colors could be specialized 'imports' that Connor pays for such as

Scarlet Robes (the main coat/hood are a deep scarlet and the coat-tails and the area with the buttons on the front would be a cool golden color)
Loyalist Robes (the main coat/hood are a noticeable red and the coat-tails/lapels are white -- the robes could potentially be used to never incur a bounty or makes it take longer or something)
Frontier Hero Robes (a dark green hood/coat with brown leather coattails and lapels -- yes this would make us look like Robin Hood)
- Also, muskets equippable. More than just one type of musket though.

- Upgrade your homestead and the dock for better accomodations.

- Parachutes.

- Better framerate and less bugs..

- Armory of Altair: includes Altair's Sword, Altair's Short Blade, and the Armor of Altair

Any suggestions?

NEURON BOMB
11-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I like your ideas a lot the different arrows sounds awesome and the outfits fixes and all but the outfits not to mention the Desmond outfits will probably be cosmetic and not like the Altair robes that is actually Connor because there is no more room in the armory for more outfits to stand unless they expand it and Connor's hood they should either fix it or put in an option to take it off and put it back on with the options menu or a new tool icon though it is not a tool it will be much easier than pausing everytime.I also want them to put in the Aquilla outfit for the rest of us because i have all the outfits so far it is just the Aquilla outfit spot that is still open.But again all your ideas are cool and i won't be surprised if Ubi actually uses them.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I like your ideas a lot the different arrows sounds awesome and the outfits fixes and all but the outfits not to mention the Desmond outfits will probably be cosmetic and not like the Altair robes that is actually Connor because there is no more room in the armory for more outfits to stand unless they expand it and Connor's hood they should either fix it or put in an option to take it off and put it back on with the options menu or a new tool icon though it is not a tool it will be much easier than pausing everytime.I also want them to put in the Aquilla outfit for the rest of us because i have all the outfits so far it is just the Aquilla outfit spot that is still open.But again all your ideas are cool and i won't be surprised if Ubi actually uses them.

thanks!

And yeah I'd prefer them to be skins that you can quickly access using the pause menu. I actually wouldn't mind them expanding the basement (a special upgrade to the homestead you can purchase which is the only way to acquire the extra outfits) and then altering the basement a bit. Place Connor's outfit on a stand in the center like it's originally shown rather than on the wall and then you have the walls lined with Ezio's Robes, Desmond's Outfit (however it should change the skin because obviously in the actual history he wouldn't have even had a spot for Desmond's outfit since...well...Desmond didn't exist then haha), etc.

BBALive
11-07-2012, 01:31 PM
The British weren't being manipulated by the Templars. Haytham said so himself. Pitcairn was the only one directly involved with the British army, and during his post-assassination speech, he mentions that he (and the other Templars) had requested that the British end the war.

Bullet747
11-07-2012, 03:40 PM
I hope there's a fix for Connor's Hair. Hood too.

In general I just hope they get much more involved with story based DLC. I'd like more interaction with the founding fathers.

scotland124
11-07-2012, 05:04 PM
FRAMERATE, that is all...... :D

bart578
11-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Side missions, deffinetly. Seems a shame to have made that huge frontier and not use it to the full with side missions on dlc. Hunting (SLIGHT SPOILER....I liked the sasquatch thing with the frontiersmen......haven't found the cave yet though!), give us the missing stuff that was in the trailers, and more assassination missions like trailing down someone across the map and dealing with him :rolleyes:

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Just ideas for simple patches, ideas for DLC including possible events and even things like outfits, weapons, etc.

Note: some of these may be in the game already but as I have not finished it yet, I do not know so sorry in advance)

- Altair Robes fix
- Connor's hood fix
- The War of 1812 DLC: it would provide another conflict with the British (who should be manipulated by Templars again) but this time with the newborn nation. Plus we would get to be there for 11 new battles, the burning of the White House, AND the creation of the Star-Spangled Banner -- they could do so MUCH with it.
- Ezio (ACII) Robes, Ezio (Revelations) Robes, Armor of Brutus, Turkish Assassin Outfit (similar to the Turkish Assassin armor but the armor is much smaller and slimmer), Haythem Kenway Outfit
- Access to Colonial Assassin Outfit and Captain of the Aquila DLC

Assassin's Musket (made of ivory and crafted by an African Assassin) this rifle can be equipped instead of Connor's Bow which makes it an effective long range and melee weapon rather than the bow but the downside is that it takes longer to load AND cannot be used as effectively for hunting). It can be upgraded by Benjamin Franklin to fire two shots before needing to reload. Further upgrades include a slightly faster reload (only slight) and the final upgrade allows you to fire 3 shots before reloading. I felt like Franklin would be a nice inventor helper like Da Vinci and that he could provide more advanced things for you similar to Da Vinci.
Assassin's Bow (crafted by Franklin using traditional Native designs along with Assassin tech): This bow is made using wood with inlaid metal forming designs such as the Assassin logo on the side. It can be equipped to use standard arrows or trick arrows such as firework arrows which cause distractions for Connor to slip by unnoticed, trip arrows which launch a line from where it was shot that is connected to a piece Connor places on the wall or ground where's at, Redcoats marching can trip the line which automatically causes a mechanism in each end of the arrow (both the arrow shot and the piece Connor places) to retract rapidly until they reconnect which causes gunpowder within the arrows to spark and explode killing groups of enemies the flipside however is that it takes preparation and isn't viable in a combat scenario, and more

Stopping Crime (tackle down criminals who have robbed civilians, stop criminals fleeing using covered wagons in the Frontier, Investigate murder scenes in the Frontier and in the cities gathering clues and talking to the people who may have witnessed the killing, and chasing after criminals robbing general stores)

Any suggestions?

In addition...

- H-Blades upgrades. The H-Blades are pretty weak in combat. Upgrades could include different designs, boosts in combat power, and additional attachments, such as poison needle spread shot, and a second swivel-blade. Also, ability to choose to use the H-Blades traditionally or as hand-gripped knives.

- Naval free-roam.

- Boarding other ships for hand to hand combat during naval battle should be induced.

- Ability to move around your ship while sailing.

- Ability to capture pirates and give them to the authorities for money.

- Caribbean should be able to be travelled to [real game-time]. New outfits, weapons, and missions there. New outfits include different hats, costumes and even capes for the naval theme.

- Ability to change the color of your ship and upgrade it even further, adding a triple deck for even more cannons and tri-shots on the swivel guns. Also, main-bombardment cannon in the front of the ship. Different shots for the bombardment cannon include flaming shots, huge chain shot, huge piercing round, shrapnel, and mortar bombs. Different colored sails also an option.

- Ability to throw tomahawk and kill guards at a distance. Can also throw both tomahawks for a double assassination kill.

- Evolved eagle sense.

- Added colored outfits for Connor's main assassin outfit. Should be at least twelve choices, not six.

- Parachutes.

- Better framerate and less bugs.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
In addition...

- H-Blades upgrades. The H-Blades are pretty weak in combat. Upgrades could include different designs, boosts in combat power, and additional attachments, such as poison needle spread shot, and a second swivel-blade. Also, ability to choose to use the H-Blades traditionally or as hand-gripped knives.

- Naval free-roam.

- Boarding other ships for hand to hand combat during naval battle should be induced.

- Ability to move around your ship while sailing.

- Ability to capture pirates and give them to the authorities for money.

- Ability to change the color of your ship and upgrade it even further, adding a triple deck for even more cannons and tri-shots on the swivel guns. Also, main-bombardment cannon in the front of the ship. Different shots for the bombardment cannon include flaming shots, huge chain shot, huge piercing round, shrapnel, and mortar bombs. Different colored sails also an option.

- Evolved eagle sense.

- Added colored outfits for Connor's main assassin outfit. Should be at least twelve choices, not six.

- Parachutes.

- Better framerate and less bugs.

Those are some fantastic ideas. I believe you should be able to alter the color of Connor's hood, coat, and coattails independently similar to how you could dye the robes and cape of Ezio differently. The only reason I included the hood as well is because some of the outfits currently have the coat one color, coattails another and the hood a third. Love the idea to board other boats.

Oooh imagine pristine white sails with the biggest having a blood red Assassin symbol on it. That;s be cool...then a black and gold version, then some more pirate types.

The hidden blades should have the hook blade (but rather than being used like in ACR the counters can disarm enemies), Single Arm Dual Blades -- there are two blades within the casing and both slide out. However the blade can be detached within battle and thrown at a far enemy while still keeping another blade for use. That one can also be thrown but Connor would then have no hidden blade in that hand. As the name implies, only two can be loaded at any time.

HellSniper666
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Fix Altair's Outift= It currently looks like crap

Bring back Altair's Sword and Short Blade

Increase Bow's Range and Power by 20%

Bring back Throwing Knives

Speed up climbing

Ninja Outfit complete with Masked Hood, Katana, Throwing Stars and Numchuck

Make Connor's Hood Optional

Naval Free Roam

Parachutes

Xeho
11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I'd like to see the return of the Hidden Gun, Dart Gun, Poison that actually kills the target why this was changed no clue.

Having the Ship's Hull change to what type of upgrade you have. Say if there was an Iron hull upgrade the hull should change to reflect that instead of staying wooden.

Have the Hidden Blade restored to it's former glory of 1 hit counter kills, If I can choke a higher tier enemy with my snare & kill him with just 1 snare, I should be able to do the same with a Hidden Blade. But I understand they wanted combat to be different.

Plus some of the other stuff members have suggested.

HellSniper666
11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Can this thread be stickied?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I added a bunch of stuff to the list that were suggested by others and added some of my own! (:

KemistiOMG
11-08-2012, 12:41 PM
i like the pirate idea and i actually want to become kind of a pirate with sail free roam

PANiC_ATTACKER
11-08-2012, 12:44 PM
FRAMERATE, that is all...... :D

Amen to that

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Why do I never seem to have framerate issues? Only once did it happen to me and it last for 2 seconds. The rest was fine.....

People say SC:Double Agent's framerate and stuff was terrible but I never had issues. idk

NuclearFuss
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Ability to unequip weapons. I don't see the need in carrying a sword I accidentally picked up, that I've never used, that just clips straight through his outfit and looks pretty shoddy.

And throwing knives! Rope Darts are not a suitable replacement.

Frank9182011
11-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Custom assassination contracts similar to the custom hit mechanic to be introduced in Hitman: Absolution, where you can define the exact parameters of the assassination. Seems like this mechanic would be fantastic in AC3's vast open world.

iTzMrOrangex
11-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Everything above sounds Awesome but 100% needs a Co-op based Free roam where you can upgrade your ccharacter.
Objectives and mission with Forts that you can do over and over.
I love AC3 but i get bored playing games solo need friends to free roam with.
ive never been a fan on AC multiplayer, so really when i complete the game i have not much use for it...

FlarelordFenix
11-08-2012, 09:54 PM
- Connor's hood fix

- Haythem Kenway Outfit, Washington's Outfit

Assassin's Bow (crafted by Franklin using traditional Native designs along with Assassin tech): This bow is made using wood with inlaid metal forming designs such as the Assassin logo on the sides. It can be equipped to use standard arrows or trick arrows such as firework arrows which cause distractions for Connor to slip by unnoticed, trip arrows which launch a line from where it was shot that is connected to a piece Connor places on the wall or ground where it's at, Redcoats marching can trip the line which automatically causes a mechanism in each end of the arrow (both the arrow shot and the piece Connor places) to retract rapidly until they reconnect which causes gunpowder within the arrows to spark and explode killing groups of enemies the flipside however is that it takes preparation and isn't viable in a combat scenario, and more

Stopping Crime (tackle down criminals who have robbed civilians, stop criminals fleeing using covered wagons in the Frontier, Investigate murder scenes in the Frontier and in the cities gathering clues and talking to the people who may have witnessed the killing, and chase after criminals robbing general stores)
- H-Blades upgrades. The H-Blades are pretty weak in combat. Upgrades could include different designs, boosts in combat power, and additional attachments, such as poison needle spread shot, and a second swivel-blade. Also, ability to choose to use the H-Blades traditionally or as hand-gripped knives. Possibly the return of the hook blade albeit used differently. It would be used to disarm opponents quickly and to flip yourself over them and continue running (as I don't believe you can do that in this game...) however I don't think it should speed climbing up...climbing is already faster than before and the buildings are shorter. It could maybe let Connor reach higher branches faster however. Like from the ground so rather than having to always find the short tree to climb and then go, you have about an extra foot -- maybe not haha

- Naval free-roam with random pirate ships that attack you, friendly ships that need help, etc.

- Boarding other ships for hand to hand combat during naval battle should be introduced.

- Ability to move around your ship while sailing, play games with those on board, etc.

- Ability to capture pirates and give them to the authorities for money.\

- Collectable Bounties: Aside from stopping robbers and things you can find Wanted Posters similar to the ones of you that give you the last known location of an escaped criminal. Sometimes they are needed alive or sometimes they can be killed. Killing one who needs to be alive results in failing that mission. Ones wanted dead OR alive have differing payments. Alive would give more money than dead. Connor can go around the cities and find Wanted Posters. To differentiate them from the wanted posters of Connor maybe the little spider web indicator could be tinted red or blue instead of white. Also note: Connor shouldn't be able to take on bounties if he is currently wanted by the authorities.

- Bounties on Connor: Aside from the guards in cities taking you on, bounties incurred from cities can sometimes have consequences in the Frontier where you can be ambushed by vigilantes (similar to the ambushes in Brotherhood if anyone recalls...)

- Ability to change the color of your ship and upgrade it even further, adding a triple deck for even more cannons and tri-shots on the swivel guns. Also, main-bombardment cannon in the front of the ship. Different shots for the bombardment cannon include flaming shots, huge chain shot, huge piercing round, shrapnel, and mortar bombs. Different colored sails also an option. Example of sails could be Ivory Assassin sails, Ebony Assassin Sails, various pirate logos, etc.

- Evolved eagle sense.

[/LIST]- Also, muskets equippable. More than just one type of musket though.

- Better framerate and less bugs.[COLOR=#CCCCCC].

I love ALL of the ideas above! Especially the War of 1812 , Some sort of Caribbean/naval DLC, ect. My main issue with DLC is that it should add significantly to the game (and I don't car eif this requires it to come up to $10.00 or $15.00 , but it should at at least four hours of gameplay and content (this being at my pace, it'd probably be more like 6 in the 'usual' terms that game boxes use)

I've never been a fan of half-arsed, insubstantial content, especially when it's $5.00 for some silly trinkets and one mission or something. It should be well-worth the money.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-09-2012, 09:47 AM
I love ALL of the ideas above! Especially the War of 1812 , Some sort of Caribbean/naval DLC, ect. My main issue with DLC is that it should add significantly to the game (and I don't car eif this requires it to come up to $10.00 or $15.00 , but it should at at least four hours of gameplay and content (this being at my pace, it'd probably be more like 6 in the 'usual' terms that game boxes use)

I've never been a fan of half-arsed, insubstantial content, especially when it's $5.00 for some silly trinkets and one mission or something. It should be well-worth the money.

When I was thinking the War of 1812, I was picturing like 6 new full on sequences. So about half the length of the main ACIII game, possibly slightly shorter. A whole new range of Homestead upgrades, a mission within the burning White House, etc.

The skins pack would be about 5 bucks for 5 skins (a dollar a skin doesn't seem that bad to me)

The weapons could simply be put into patches and updates and be free. But yeah...I would want the DLC to be substantitally larger than all of their past DLC. The disappearance of Da Vinci and the Lost Archive were both 10 bucks for a fairly short experience. Both were awesome experiences but felt slightly pricey for each. I had to convince myself that I paid 5 bucks for the Lost Archive story DLC for ACR and the other 5 on the bonus skins it came with haha