PDA

View Full Version : I wish Ubisoft was Bethesda, sometimes...

AssassinVenice
11-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Ubisoft NEVER takes its fanbase into consideration, for the simple fact that they're a money hungry company, employing lazy asses that would just sit in the office counting money, rather than improving their product.

Bethesda on the other hand may release a game unfinished or very lacking in extra content, but they keep adding content and fixing their game, just because the fanbase asks so. They don't care if they have to remove a whole mission from the game, as long as it pleases us, the customers/ gamers.

asscreed3flop
11-07-2012, 04:47 AM
a poignant and succinct post. *** creed 3 was the biggest disappointment this year and ubisoft would likely acknowledge and own it if not for a owning the ip. there's too many things wrong with ac 3 but it's safe to say the pre-release post of a man claiming to have completed the game and being disappointed was pin point accurate. the real problem that exists in society as a whole are people like Assassin_M that live to be apologists or even secret shill shoppers that instill a false narrative into malleable young minds, so beware these social decay cretins.

AssassinVenice
11-07-2012, 04:56 AM
a poignant and succinct post. *** creed 3 was the biggest disappointment this year and ubisoft would likely acknowledge and own it if not for a owning the ip. there's too many things wrong with ac 3 but it's safe to say the pre-release post of a man claiming to have completed the game and being disappointed was pin point accurate. the real problem that exists in society as a whole are people like Assassin_M that live to be apologists or even secret shill shoppers that instill a false narrative into malleable young minds, so beware these social decay cretins.
Hey I NEVER said that ACIII was a bad game or/and that I was disappointed in some way by it! It's a fantastic, but flawed game which will probably never see it's "fixing day."

pirate1802
11-07-2012, 04:58 AM

Someone is a fanboy for giving his opinion eh? Right. I'd like to be a fanboy too. AC III is the best game I've played this year and it's my GOTY contender. It is flawed sure, but it is a true beauty. So deal with it. Another fanboy on the prowl.

rileypoole1234
11-07-2012, 05:00 AM
I wouldn't praise Bethesda for releasing unfinished games.

Muskeato
11-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Someone is a fanboy for giving his opinion eh? Right. I'd like to be a fanboy too. AC III is the best game I've played this year and it's my GOTY contender. It is flawed sure, but it is a true beauty. So deal with it. Another fanboy on the prowl.

Really? I guess I haven't played many from this year but I'd rate Borderlands 2 above this game any day. I enjoyed it but it's too flawed for GOTY.

cheezman3
11-07-2012, 05:03 AM

I couldn't agree more. One key example would be Fallout: New Vegas. That game is lag city.

pirate1802
11-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Really? I guess I haven't played many from this year but I'd rate Borderlands 2 above this game any day. I enjoyed it but it's too flawed for GOTY.

I have played Borderlands 2 too. And there are some annoying bugs there as well. Especially in the circles of slaughter; next round wouldn't start, enemies outside map.. forcing you to restart the quest. I did encounter some annoying bugs in AC III, but nothing game-breaking.

AssassinVenice
11-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Listen to yourselves! Arguing about a totally different subject than the one I was hoping for you to discuss!
I wrote that Bethesda does a far better job than Ubisoft at listening to its fanbase.

pacmanate
11-07-2012, 09:29 AM
WAT. Also if they were Bethesda, PS3 version would be broken and we would never get DLC for it because we can't port properly *runs away*

NOLA_Assassin
11-07-2012, 09:37 AM
WAT. Also if they were Bethesda, PS3 version would be broken and we would never get DLC for it because we can't port properly *runs away*

Just to add to that: http://www.autoomobile.com/news/skyrim-dlc-dawnguard-ps3-release/1007123/

UrDeviant1
11-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Wait until the next, upcoming patch before you decide to slate Ubisoft for not listening to fans. The game's only been out a week and they need time to fix reported bugs. This Is their biggest ever release so I expect them to continue to support the game. Hopefully I'm not proved wrong! There are a couple of things that need sorting. As for Bethesda, they are known to release the buggiest of all games.

projectpat06
11-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Ha I'm waiting for M to read that guys post..

Kaimooo
11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Didn't Bethesda kinda raped the PS3 version of skyrim wich still isn't working properly and not to speak about the DLC lol

Cjail
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I am on PS3 and Bethesda is the last developer I would praise.
Also Bethsda isn't famous for fixing games, nor for fixing them faster, not for adding content...all the opposite.

It took 3 months to fix Skyrim on PS3, 3 months.
Skyrim DLC probably will never arrive on PS3.
Skyrim also still has many bugs and it's far from being polished.

SolidSage
11-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Ubisoft NEVER takes its fanbase into consideration,
BS.

employing lazy asses that would just sit in the office counting money, rather than improving their product.
I bet that's an informed and accurate observation....not.

I won't comment on Bethesda because their games don't appeal to me in any way and unlike you, I mean this sincerely, I don't shoot from the hip when making statements about people's work ethics and effort.

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM

I couldn't agree more. One key example would be Fallout: New Vegas. That game is lag city.

They practically ruined the Fallout series which makes me ill becuz I loved Fallout 3, but WHAT A MESS (bought it for PC). I had read about the rampant bugs Vegas had that many gamers advised not to buy in their reviews, so I never bought it :(.

Listen to yourselves! Arguing about a totally different subject than the one I was hoping for you to discuss!
I wrote that Bethesda does a far better job than Ubisoft at listening to its fanbase.

I was here last year at ACR's release. I read the fan input that included criticism, suggestions & what they wanted to see in AC3 and I have to say that Ubi totally listened to fans.
Even to where they left Connor's hood off becuz in ACR, the forum was buzzing about a glitch they found to keep Ezio's hood down after a cutscene so people were all excited about not wearing the hood for the rest of the game. Well, we see it here in AC3 and guess what, people are petitioning to keep the hood on !!!!!!!!
That's the stuff I'm seeing here. They DID listen, it's that this fan base is so split on what it wants & likes that there's no pleasing everyone [obviously].
Plenty of people criticized Ezio too - didn't want that type of Assassin.... so they got an opposite of him and now people complain that he's so different.

& next time, do us a favor, after I read your first post, you gave a totally different impression than what you said here on pg. 1:
>> Hey I NEVER said that ACIII was a bad game or/and that I was disappointed in some way by it! It's a fantastic, but flawed game which will probably never see it's "fixing day." <<<
Did it once cross your mind to add ANYTHING positive in your opening rage fit? This is so typical around here and yes I'm weary of it & have lost all patience with this crap.
. you claim you weren't disappointed w/ AC3 & it was fantastic yet you post THAT condemnation mess on Dev's integrity/work ethic?! Giving the total impression that you also hated AC3.
Sometimes I wonder.........

silvermercy
11-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I am now OFFICIALLY sick of this type of threads. That's not constructive criticism, that's 100% pure whining. One reason why I participate more in other forums than coming here!
And I agree: it seems they can't win. A great example is the hood. First you have people getting excited about the hood being down and now they whine about it.

Bethesda listening to fans? LOL They listen as much as any other company. And I STILL get bugs in all my Fallout games, years after release!!

Mr_Fr4nk
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
you americans have no taste in games its probaly why every american game company besides bethesda are **** and can't create a game that is actually close to being good its as if you get a bunch of ******s put them in a room and they come up with all ur ideas for example assasins creed 3 was great for the first 8 sequences and then bam turns out a downy wrote the story line but u people wouldn't understand ur satisfied with ****ing pinball you have no imagination no wonder its the ****est continent on the planet the ****ing africans could come with better ideas

silvermercy
11-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Um... ONE: News flash for you: Ubisoft 's largest studio is in Canada not America. Ubisoft is CANADIAN. How come you're here if you don't know the biggest fact of all? That Ubisoft is a Canadian company. Me smells troll.
TWO: Why aren't you banned yet for that racist and offensive troll post against both Americans and Africans!?

UrDeviant1
11-07-2012, 01:02 PM
you americans have no taste in games its probaly why every american game company besides bethesda are **** and can't create a game that is actually close to being good its as if you get a bunch of ******s put them in a room and they come up with all ur ideas for example assasins creed 3 was great for the first 8 sequences and then bam turns out a downy wrote the story line but u people wouldn't understand ur satisfied with ****ing pinball you have no imagination no wonder its the ****est continent on the planet the ****ing africans could come with better ideas

FYI, Ubisoft aren't an American game company you pleb.

lfc908
11-07-2012, 01:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAVE YOU SEEN THE PS3 VERSION OF SKYRIM AND FALLOUT3????

The PS3 version doesn't even have any DLC yet for Skyrim and they've just announced the 3rd one for Xbox. That title made me lol

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I am now OFFICIALLY sick of this type of threads. That's not constructive criticism, that's 100% pure whining. One reason why I participate more in other forums than coming here!
And I agree: it seems they can't win. A great example is the hood. First you have people getting excited about the hood being down and now they whine about it.

Bethesda listening to fans? LOL They listen as much as any other company. And I STILL get bugs in all my Fallout games, years after release!!

Not just the Hood Silver, another perfect example are the Assassin uniforms. Back w/ ACR's release here, fans were whining & complaining about how stupid it is to have the recruits all in the same Assassin garb - how they stick out like sore thumbs & are obvious in public. So Ubi takes that out & then I see whiney threads about how they don't look like Assassins & some other dude writes that he called for an Assassin, not a cook.
No matter WHAT they do these people $&@#)(@$)(& about it even when it was FAN REQUESTED. I'm sick of this crap.

I'm fine with respectful and VALID criticism - not this - esp. when it's SO falsely absurd. By the way, what other AC forums do you frequent (you can message me if you want)

BBALive
11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't.

silvermercy
11-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Not just the Hood Silver, another perfect example are the Assassin uniforms. Back w/ ACR's release here, fans were whining & complaining about how stupid it is to have the recruits all in the same Assassin garb - how they stick out like sore thumbs & are obvious in public. So Ubi takes that out & then I see whiney threads about how they don't look like Assassins & some other dude writes that he called for an Assassin, not a cook.
No matter WHAT they do these people $&@#)(@$)(& about it even when it was FAN REQUESTED. I'm sick of this crap.

I'm fine with respectful and VALID criticism - not this - esp. when it's SO falsely absurd. By the way, what other AC forums do you frequent (you can message me if you want)
Agreed!!

Oh there are random discussions on Tumblr and deviantart! They are also more catered to female gamers like us. LOL Type Connor Kenway for example in the search box on Tumblr, scroll down and you'll see! XD

BBALive
11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Um... ONE: News flash for you: Ubisoft 's largest studio is in Canada not America. Ubisoft is CANADIAN. How come you're here if you don't know the biggest fact of all? That Ubisoft is a Canadian company. Me smells troll.
TWO: Why aren't you banned yet for that racist and offensive troll post against both Americans and Africans!?

Ubisoft is French.

silvermercy
11-07-2012, 01:42 PM
And Montreal is French. And their largest studio, in Montreal, is located in Canada. No? Hence Canadian. Or French-Canadian if you like.

Mr_Shade
11-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Wait until the next, upcoming patch before you decide to slate Ubisoft for not listening to fans. The game's only been out a week and they need time to fix reported bugs. This Is their biggest ever release so I expect them to continue to support the game. Hopefully I'm not proved wrong! There are a couple of things that need sorting. As for Bethesda, they are known to release the buggiest of all games.
Indeed...

The forum team are sending in daily reports on issues, bugs and suggestions from the community...

Annecy are dealing with multiplayer concerns directly, I am in constant contact with them - as are the rest of the FM's - I have posted several direct statements from them to the community - so they ARE listening to the community.. I suggest you go look ;)

And the SP game is getting attention as well...however patches take TIME.. it's still early days for SP.. and YES - they know about the hood...

So, OP

lets try posting civil and CONSTRUCTIVE threads - on what concerns you, after knowing they ARE taking feedback on both MP and SP - rather than troll baiting threads please ;)