PDA

View Full Version : My problems with Full Synchronization

Winter_Savage
11-06-2012, 10:58 PM
All Full Synchronization does is clearly elucidate the failings of your engine. It rarely does the job of actually increasing difficulty so much as it adds linearity and constraint to what should be open ended gameplay. When at their best, full synchronization bonuses flow smoothly with the mission and it's play style. Far to often, however, they actively force you to complete missions one specific way, a system directly at odds with the whole concept of a sandbox game. Moreover, a large portion of them are so restrictive, that between the glitches, imprecise controls and a lack of transparency as to how to properly complete the objective (Objective: Do Not Tackle or Shove Anyone. (Except you can tackle the guy you're chasing, thanks for specifying.) they simply cause frustration.
I really like portions of this game. The Naval stuff was awesome, When I"m free roaming and I can do whatever I want without being told that I'm doing it wrong I really dig this game that you made. Then I do a main mission and I'm told in big red letters that I failed an objective because while I let some guy get too far ahead, so I load to checkpoint but now I can't run right away or drop off the ledge because graphics/engine/bug, so he always gets an extra step so now if i want full synch I have to restart the whole thing and hope I can do it on the first try. A mission where you have to chase someone and you get caught unable to move on a crate for a couple seconds due to an environment glitch isn't a big deal, a mission where you just failed the secondary objective because of that same glitch is an enitrely different matter. Over the last week, on multiple occasions I fiound myself incredibly frustrated with a game mechanic, or the controls, and without exception it's due to trying to fully synchronize something.

For the record I've fully synched almost every mission. I'm not complaining that they can't be done, I'm complaining that by attempting to fully synchronize the game it has ruined my enjoyment of the game and made me seriously question whether I'd want to pay to play anything similar in the future.

Assassin_M
11-06-2012, 11:05 PM
"Big red letters telling me I`v failed" Your problem, Not the Devs`..

I`v had no trouble taking my time to do the missions how I wanted and still seeing the big letters...They do not bite, By the way..

I always do them later

TlNSTAAFL
11-06-2012, 11:11 PM
In future DLC, I hope they leave out the full sync idea. I'm not too much a fan of the long *** sentences being in the way of my camera.

Escappa
11-06-2012, 11:14 PM
In the future I hope they keep the 100% sync system but with a small change, you can play the mission however you want to, and the get rated in awesomeness (the more you get hit and the more time it takes makes the % decreasing)

AssassinGame1
11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
You can lose synchronization if you dont skin the animals you have killed

Free_Hidings
11-07-2012, 12:17 AM
No. Strongly disagree.

The game allows almost total freedom as to how you approach missions, except in certain scenarios where stealth is the only option to due to the story. In missions where full synch requires undetection, you can proceed to destroy everyone in sight if you choose. You just won't get the full synch. This is like saying that you should get the full payout in a race when coming 2nd, because you did it how you pleased and you deserve full recognition.

You lose nothing by not getting full synch. It's there for those who want to get 100% completion or challenge themselves. If you fit either of those categories then you should have no problem with a strict set of regulations anyway. Doing it as you please means you will generally chose the easiest path, full synch provides a challenging alternative, but one that also rewards you for your struggle.

In fact a big part of the fun of video games is overcoming challenges. I honestly think the full synch is awesome, and gets better and better, now with mutliple optional objectives, makes it really fun. For example there's a mission somewhere, like a liberation (freeing people) or fort mission where to get full synch you need to remain undetected and kill no one but the captain. (Or maybe you are limited to 2 kills max, can't remember) Playing that mission, trying to get all the eaves drops and infiltrate it in complete stealth was so fun and rewarding, without the full synch thing you might try it in stealth but if you get detected, you just give up and go on a rampage. Synch objectives fix that. For example with the Forts in general, there are no synch objectives (I actually wish there were) so if you get detected there's no real incentive to escape and come back in stealth, it's easier to just fight everyone.

In Connor's hunting mission as a teenager, your synch objectives require you to kill 1 of each animal type in the area (hare, deer, fox), use bait and snare to catch an animal (only works on hares and foxes, deer will deactivate snares) and air assassinate 2 animals.

So where you might otherwise just kill whichever animal you see whenever you can (usually the deer were most common and easiest to sneak up on) these objectives not only give you a more challenging and purposefull objective, but also teach you a variety of different techniques used to hunt.

I have played through the game once as I saw fit, and I am now replaying trying to get full synch. I am really, really enjoying it the second time around, probably not quite as much as the first but that is to be expected.

TrueAssassin77
11-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Tho the OP guy may be over thinking things. i must say one thing...
some of the full sync optionals are stupid as hell. not all, but ALOT are very stupid, and don't really mean much.

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 12:43 AM
When I see the red text for a failed sync, I immediately click out & reload the savepoint & it starts it over & I try again till I get it or let it go & will try it again later.
Not sure what the big deal is. Synch's are part of AC & mostly optional

NinjaOnFire
11-07-2012, 01:00 AM
I would rather have difficulty levels than "optional" objectives, a hardcore mode would do nicely assuming AC's playstyle could accommodate actual stealth.

Free_Hidings
11-07-2012, 01:26 AM
I would rather have difficulty levels than "optional" objectives, a hardcore mode would do nicely assuming AC's playstyle could accommodate actual stealth.

I would like difficulty level, especially for things like animals and combat in general (more frequent attacks, less time to react with QTE's and punishment for pressing the wrong button)

But keep the optional objectives, not only are they fun little extras to aim for IF YOU CHOOSE, but they fit in with the whole animus storyline

DavisP92
11-07-2012, 03:10 AM
I would love if ubisoft left the sync. system out of the next AC game and just allowed the players to tackle the game any way they want with no penalties. There needs to really do something different with the next game. And the only thing I can see changing is co-op, and a deeper customization that effects gameplay.

Also what happens when AC goes to a different location, like Egypt where there isn't really any forest areas. We can't just lose tree-free-running right after it was introduced. But they have to make the environment new as well.

Hopefully it will be further back in time where there aren't any guns and we can still use the bow and arrow. They could even improve it so that we can actually aim at parts of the body like the head and it counts as a instant kill. Or shooting a guard in the leg would make them limp.