PDA

View Full Version : conor's Tomahawk REAL STEEL not replica maybe for sale

elyashivbokobza
11-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I m askin my blacksmith to make me an exect replica of conor's tomahawk but from REAL STEEL so it can acutally ce used im from israel so i v misspale
I will cost me about 300 doller but if i deside to sell it how much are you guys be willing to pay for something like this

Just for be clear it will look execly like this
http://www.geekscape.net/_wp_/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/assassintomahawk1.jpg
But without the feather

UrDeviant1
11-06-2012, 05:14 PM
As opposed to what..fake STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL?

rmhosa
11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Not 300 dollars....Maybe 70. :|

elyashivbokobza
11-06-2012, 05:49 PM
This real steel yes not ruber or plastic but steel
And the replica cost 70 this is real very rare becuse you need someone to make it speshly for you
You cant go to the store and buy one

UrDeviant1
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Funny how the replica cost the same amount as someone has just offered you for the real (steel) thing. 300 dollars sounds a bit steep. What If you asked the blacksmith to do It with stainless steel? You wouldn't need hardly any of It and It would make the blade be more desirable, and therefore worth $300.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
$300 sounds like a reasonable price for a museum quality real forged steel, hickory wood and leather replica tomahawk that can hold an edge, but I don't think people who collect stuff like that would go much higher. As for me, museum quality replicas are well out of my price range at the moment and the cheapo replica (which has a stainless steel head - probably cast steel) sells for $50 at Amazon. It's probably a piece of junk with a plastic handle, but at least it looks fairly good for a Connor cosplay outfit or for a display piece.

People who want a replica should be aware that no tomahawk made in Connor's time would have been made of stainless steel, which wasn't invented until the 1900s. But heck, it's just a game, so who really cares?

UrDeviant1
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM
$300 sounds like a reasonable price for a museum quality real steel, hickory wood and leather replica tomahawk, but I don't think people who collect stuff like that would go much higher. As for me, museum quality replicas are well out of my price range at the moment.

What do you mean by museum quality? I once saw a 1000 year old piece of turd In a museum.

elyashivbokobza
11-06-2012, 06:43 PM
the repleca is made of steel?
I think its made of hard rubbee

Pr0metheus 1962
11-06-2012, 06:51 PM
What do you mean by museum quality? I once saw a 1000 year old piece of turd In a museum.

Nice imagery there.

Although 'museum quality' has a specific definition in terms of techniques used the preservation of museum artifacts (techniques I have received some training in and which I've used professionally in the past), in recent years the term has been more broadly used in the replica and reenactment market. In this latter, more common usage, a museum quality piece is a piece that is made with a high amount of craftmanship and skill. Usually it means a replica that is made with all the techniques that were used to create the original, so that the replica can be used for the purpose the original was made for. Such replicas can be used as display pieces in museums to allow the public to get an idea of how the original looks, for museum pieces where the original is too delicate for display or requires protection from light, heat, moisture or indeed theft, or where the originals cannot be displayed in certain places for legal reasons, as was the case with the British Crown Jewels at the British heritage exhibition that took place in Hannover in 1997. The originals of the Crown Jewels, according to a 600 year old law, must never leave the country and can therefore only be seen at the Tower of London.

In terms of your turd, a museum quality replica would be made by putting similar foodstuffs as are in the museum turd into an animal that approximates that of the animal that produced the thousand year-old turd. The modern-day turd that resulted from the similar foodstuffs going through the animal's digestive tract would then be aged in an oven so as to produce the same effect as the original. Not that anyone would want to replicate an ancient turd (they are not that rare), but you suggested it and since I happen to know a little about how these things are done, I figured it might be fun to explain it.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-06-2012, 06:58 PM
the repleca is made of steel?
I think its made of hard rubbee

Amazon claims it's made of stainless steel. But I don't own one so I can't say for sure, and Amazon can be kinda flaky in its descriptions.

NewBlade200
11-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Why does it need to be usable? Its not like anyone here would be needing an actuall tomahawk

pacmanate
11-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Okay first of all, I have one of these, real steal, cost be £30, this guy is conning you all.

UrDeviant1
11-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Okay first of all, I have one of these, real steal, cost be £30, this guy is conning you all.

Well don't I feel stupid for telling him to ask his blacksmith to make one In stainless steel. lol what an arse.

reddragonhrcro
11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
May aswell ask for a real steel hidden blade replica...:rolleyes:

pacmanate
11-06-2012, 09:07 PM
May aswell ask for a real steel hidden blade replica...:rolleyes:

Go buy it then :P I am - http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-541-assassin-extension-knife.aspx

UrDeviant1
11-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Go buy it then :P I am - http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-541-assassin-extension-knife.aspx

You should ask OP's blacksmith to sharpen It for you.

reddragonhrcro
11-06-2012, 09:10 PM

A real proper working i meant,this page has also a lot of AC stuff:
https://www.darkknightarmoury.com/c-399-assassins-creed.aspx

Wounder when they may get ACR Ezio and Connor stuff.(Well ACB Ezio outfit doesn“t look perfect either compare to Altair and AC2 Ezio)

pacmanate
11-06-2012, 09:11 PM
A real proper working i meant,this page has also a lot of AC stuff:
https://www.darkknightarmoury.com/c-399-assassins-creed.aspx

Dude thats the same stuff... and a real one is illegal as it is spring loaded, which is illegal.

reddragonhrcro
11-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Dude thats the same stuff... and a real one is illegal as it is spring loaded, which is illegal.
I know therefore the: :rolleyes: at the end of my message.:p
Certainly would love to see a proper working hidden blade as the guy that made it and put it on youtube.Tought it needs to be a bit longer(blade and housing) from what i have seen ingame compare to his replica.
Yeah went trough it but it seems to lack few items and what is Lukes jacket from Star Wars doing in the AC category lol

AllThatJuice
11-06-2012, 09:28 PM
You have a blacksmith?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Why does it need to be usable? Its not like anyone here would be needing an actuall tomahawk

If it's not useable, it's by definition not a museum quality replica. Collectors who pay top dollar expect to get the work put into the item so that they know it can be used for the purpose it's made for, even if they have no intention of using it for such a purpose. It's the difference between buying a real samurai sword and buying a cheap imitation formed from a piece of metal that's been cast into a sword shape, then polished and finished off with a handle. To the layman, the two may look identical, but to an expert, the quality and craftsmanship are obvious. The former may fetch thousands of dollars, while the latter may be worth $50.

pacmanate
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
I have my tomahawk sharpened and ready for any salesman that knocks on my door :|

Saltyyyy
11-07-2012, 01:07 AM
It's not even accurate, there's more of a curve in the handle. Make your own, it's really easy, or you could ask him to make the metal bits and do wood work yourself.

Mr_Shade
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
indeed - there are a few replica's about..

This thread = seems like a private sale.. so I'm locking it..

I'm not even go into the fact that having one that is sharp - is illegal to buy online in many countries, since I'm sure you all know that...

Needless to say - please buy official licenced items - which support the series ;)