PDA

View Full Version : Why the pointless DLC ?

killzab
11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Why make a DLC that's not canon ?

Part of why i like AC is because it follows history.

I don't care about a "what if" story with Washington as a king ...

Why not make a DLC where Connor meets Aveline and falls for her ? That would make some nice character development ....

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Maybe you consider this DLC pointless..

But what if others don't? Crazy thought I know..

Mr_Shade
11-06-2012, 02:56 PM
it also makes it completely optional - since it's not canon :)

Nightmare8767
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
it also makes it completely optional - since it's not canon :)

Exactly, that's the point. Hutchinson doesn't want to force people to buy a DLC to follow the story after the ending, thus making it a great addition, since it actually means the following:
-The team can use their imagination even further in the historical setting.
-The story isn't canon, but they can drop any hint they wish without making it a "Lucy is Templar" all again.
-And it doesn't force you to buy it to keep up with the story for a future AC game.

It's a win win situation, as I like to say.

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I just have one question. Does this three-part DLC count as a single DLC in the 5-DLC season pass, or does it count as three DLCs.

MT4K
11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I just have one question. Does this three-part DLC count as a single DLC in the 5-DLC season pass, or does it count as three DLCs.

It's a 3 part episodic SP DLC as far as i'm aware. So it would count as 3/5.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah, it's a really cool "what if" in history that many people feared would become reality at the time...thankfully it didn't but it very well could have if Washington had not been above that.

Just another minuscule thing to complain about with a game that is so amazing in so many ways.

Bluefire454
11-06-2012, 03:23 PM
I think a "what if" DLC sounds cool. I mean, personally, I would prefer a DLC that adds to the story since I thought the story seemed a little short... But I think the Washington DLC sounds really cool. It was something that COULD have happened.

ProdiGurl
11-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, it's a really cool "what if" in history that many people feared would become reality at the time...thankfully it didn't but it very well could have if Washington had not been above that.

Just another minuscule thing to complain about with a game that is so amazing in so many ways.

^ ^

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm willing to bet that the next DLC, provided there will be one (and I think we'll see more DLC for this installment than any of the others since it appears to be the biggest release to date with newcomers hopping on) will be actual history.

I for one would like to see the War of 1812 (it would bring back Redcoats to the states) and has the epic burning of the original White House PLUS Connor would still be active -- if he's about 20ish during the Revolution and I'm not sure how much the game takes place after...I'm willing to bet he'd be about the age of Ezio in Brotherhood and at the most the age of Ezio from Revelations.

helloSmurfz
11-25-2012, 09:54 AM
I honestly think that is an awesome idea for upcoming DLC !
Lets just hope Ubi take this into consideration, It would be also good to explore new states / cities of America during the late 1700s / early 1800's. As you mentioned the White House, which is in Washington D.C it would be good to explore a new city. :)