PDA

View Full Version : Have you encountered the pack of wolves yet..... Did you survive?

JACKEDRAM1500
11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
What a rush that was. Hunting in frontier and then all of a sudden you are thrown into a meat pit of at least 8 wolves. One of the more challenging moments i think.

You get one button mistake out of 8-10 sequences in a row and if you mess up a second time it's all over. But if you make it through the whole thing you get a nice reward at the end by skinning them all.

Kristov_12
11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
8 wolves? Where the hell are you the most iv done is 4 then ran abit and encountered 2 more

Dogoncheto
11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I'v met so far only two at the same time.
But in my first entry into the frontier i came across seven bears in one place.

NinjaOnFire
11-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah, in the homestead. More annoying than anything.

blacklimoband
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Most I've had is 5 Wolves at once (and I survived, even with my appalling QTE skills O.o)

siberarmi
11-06-2012, 03:20 PM
If you are having a ard time with such wolf pack fight just shoot one of them with pistol (=damaged goods) other wolves start to panick and wont attack you for a time they just run like mad.
Its also same if you aproach them while mounted.

Bluefire454
11-06-2012, 03:30 PM
So far, I haven't encountered a wolf pack, but my cousin told me he can't travel through the frontier without wolves attacking him. :D

JACKEDRAM1500
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
8 wolves? Where the hell are you the most iv done is 4 then ran abit and encountered 2 more

It was during the winter so that might of had something to do with it. Yeah at least 8 if not more, I was sitting there for 5 minutes skinning them all. I thought it was never going to end just wolf after wolf. I couldn't even run up a tree if i wanted to because they didn't give me enough time to move an inch plus it was in deep snow.

I literally just stood in one place trying to stay alive long enough to get through the whole thing. Quite a weird feeling being that overwhelmed.

I should have took a picture afterwords, There was literally a ring of corpses around me with some spots 3 wolves deep. Come to think of it this would have been something great to get on video.

zhengyingli
11-06-2012, 04:47 PM
It's definitely not impossible to run into a huge group of animals. I am sure I saw a pack of something running past Connor at one point. Couldn't identify the animals because it was quite dark. Raccoons, maybe.

CalgaryJay
11-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Ya I've had that, dunno if it was 8, but 5-6 anyway. Then after skinning them, I walked maybe 20 feet and encountered 3-4 more.

Its challenging when you first start playing, but I find once you get it down, the QTE's are too easy. Its one of only 2 legit gripes I have about this game (the other being no ambient music in cities). I have literally no fear of predators because of it, when there's that many around you its more just tedious than anything.

Even if they added more buttons in the QTE moments (and didn't have it always start off as "B" or circle on PS3 I believe), and shortened the time frame you have to hit it, it'd be much better. They did such a great job making the animals look ferocious & intimidating, but its dashed by way too easy combat with them.

UrDeviant1
11-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Go to Valley Forge, there are thousands there.

Overtkill21
11-06-2012, 05:00 PM
I encountered a group of 8 wolves, killed them all, but not without some doing (one was able to get behind me and almost killed me).

The last group of wolves I encountered (in Valley Forge) though was hilarious:

One of the wolves, in the process of attacking, became lodged in a tree trunk in permanent attack mode. I climbed the tree to see if I could get a kill on it, which I did. However, once I killed it, Conner became lodged in the tree. I was unable to remedy this and had to restart the game.

UrDeviant1
11-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I encountered a group of 8 wolves, killed them all, but not without some doing (one was able to get behind me and almost killed me).

The last group of wolves I encountered (in Valley Forge) though was hilarious:

One of the wolves, in the process of attacking, became lodged in a tree trunk in permanent attack mode. I climbed the tree to see if I could get a kill on it, which I did. However, once I killed it, Conner became lodged in the tree. I was unable to remedy this and had to restart the game.

LOL! The exact same thing happened to me but It was with a Bear In Valley Forge that got stuck Inside a boulder. When I assassinated It I too was stuck In the boulder. I kept trying to run out but couldn't. Thankfully there was a river near by and I swan dived Into It

TeamCoby
11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
The biggest pack of wolves I've ever seen was 3.

JohnnyInksDotCom
11-06-2012, 11:45 PM
I wonder if 8 is the most, because i've came across exactly 8 also.. I've also been to valley forge and saw 8, then 2, then like 6, after short periods of each, I hate that you cant just try to fight them like the guards, but fugg it, great experience to say the least..

Escappa
11-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Well 8 maybe is the max, but you want to hear what happend to me that really scared me?

I was attacked by a pack of 8 wolves, tried to run, ran into another pack of 7 wolves, the other wolves came to, so now there were 15 wolves. Now I'm screwed I think . . . I was right

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-06-2012, 11:58 PM
The regular wolves aren't that challenging. The wolves that appear during Captain Kidd's treasure hunt are pretty hard to kill without using ranged weapons. It's ridiculous.