PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Challenges - - - Help finding different animals, please.

clerg
11-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Anyone know where I can find cougars? I know that your map has a hunting section that shows you what animals are in the regions after you've killed them. I've only killed a cougar once and I went back to the cliffs in the north part of Kanien:keh but I found nothing.

Please refrain from saying that you can find them at your local bar or Walmart. You're better than that.

AegisVertigo
11-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Well, the only place I have ever seen cougars is in Kanien:keh on or near the cliffs. I always manage to find them there. They're actually pretty rare in other areas, to be honest.

CalgaryJay
11-06-2012, 06:42 AM
I've mostly found them at Diamond Basin & Kanien:keh. But yes harder to find, as mentioned check the cliffs..

clerg
11-07-2012, 08:49 AM
If you look on your map at the south west area of Packanack, there's a faded picture of a bear roaring. I went there and killed so bears that it got old. I've been looking for similar pictures of different animals with no luck. I think it's because I killed a bear there for one of the Hunting Society missions.

clerg
11-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Nice I just went up to the canyons in Kanien:keh, I've been up there before a few times but I don't think I went far enough back. I only found one cougar though. Has anyone ever seen multiple cougars. I love finding a bunch of beave r*s in one place. I'll run around and kill as many as I can find and then skin them all.

Blind2Society
11-07-2012, 12:42 PM
So I just happened on two cougars right next to each other. Can't be sure if it's a consistent thing but you may want to check it out. The bottom right fort in the Frontier, fast travel there, walk out the front gate, hug the wall to the right and go up the hill. I encountered two right there.

TeamCoby
11-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Cougars are usually found near the cliffs, bears by the river, and bobcats by the northern frontier fort.

TaleraRis
11-08-2012, 07:22 AM
If you look on your map at the south west area of Packanack, there's a faded picture of a bear roaring. I went there and killed so bears that it got old. I've been looking for similar pictures of different animals with no luck. I think it's because I killed a bear there for one of the Hunting Society missions.

Neat! I had noticed the icons in the farmer fields but I had missed that one. I love the little easter eggs like that on the map.

If you're looking for cougars for the hunting map completion, they are in Scotch Plains, Diamond Basin and Kanien:keh. Blind2Society is right about Scotch Plains. They are right near the Templar fort in the cliffs there. It's been a while since I found them in the other areas, but climb any really high cliff and you should run into them.

For hunting pelts, I recall that I had the best luck number wise in Diamond Basin. The cougars are easy to find in Scotch Plains, but I don't think I ever saw more than a couple at a time because the cliff area there isn't that big. Whereas with Diamond Basin, it's much more expansive.

And I love hunting furry animals that chew on wood (lol, now I see why you did that) , too, clerg. They are so easy to hunt because they run so slow. I don't even use snares, just run after them and hidden blade attack them. And that call is very distinctive, so I always know when I've stumbled onto an area with them.

AT ONE SIR
11-08-2012, 07:27 AM
So I just happened on two cougars right next to each other. Can't be sure if it's a consistent thing but you may want to check it out. The bottom right fort in the Frontier, fast travel there, walk out the front gate, hug the wall to the right and go up the hill. I encountered two right there.

This.

kingofgamesgx
11-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Nice I just went up to the canyons in Kanien:keh, I've been up there before a few times but I don't think I went far enough back. I only found one cougar though. Has anyone ever seen multiple cougars. I love finding a bunch of beave r*s in one place. I'll run around and kill as many as I can find and then skin them all.

was in the Diamond Basin area today and saw there was a view point in a tree way up top of the cliffs that i didn't get i ran into 11 Cougars ,it was night out though so i caught a few in the buses off the the sides of the cliffs (not far from the cliff though its kinda neat how they venture off the cliff at night though not sure if they do in the day as well) but man i have never seen so many in one place and it did make getting that view point harder lol like 8 attacked me then i got fed up used Eagle vision and shot any others i saw with my bow

AbdulAbdulaew
11-08-2012, 12:28 PM
look around the rocks I found myself

RIVEN13
11-09-2012, 03:51 AM
I am having trouble finding bobcats in black creek, seriously roamed around that whole place for 2 hours with no luck! any tips or places where they mostly are in that area?

Blind2Society
11-09-2012, 03:55 AM
I can't be sure but IIRC, a good place to look is in between the fort and the lake but off to the right a bit. They show up in the heavily wooded areas I believe.

RIVEN13
11-09-2012, 07:03 AM
still havent found any. The bobcat in black creek and the ******s in concord are all I need to complete my map =(

AT ONE SIR
11-09-2012, 07:42 AM
I found most of mine while getting the feathers.

i need a full list of what animals are in each area. I am only missing a few, but I am not sure which ones they are and I dont want to kill animals for no reason.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Hunting_Society_Missions

Is there a graphical one with the icons?

RIVEN13
11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
I have all the feathers, chests, and trinkets, in the frontier...the only animal I need now is the bobcat in black creek (found the ****** @ concord). Ive laid bait etc just wondering if there is even a clue for them so I dont actually have to see one. It is getting very frustrating that I havent been able to see one yet

Blind2Society
11-09-2012, 07:58 AM
******?

Ah, that was a test. Well, I found the ****** by the river at night on the very left edge of Concord. That gave a ton of trouble an hour or so ago as I had no idea what type of animal I was looking for. Then, after a crap ton of doing basically nothing I stumbled upon them on my way out of Concord.

Wow nvm, somehow I missed that you said you already found the b e a v e r.

RIVEN13
11-09-2012, 11:40 AM
thats alright. I went ahead and did some stuff in boston and will try going back to the frontier in a bit to see if it "resets" some bobcats there....very frustrating that I cant seem to find ONE

WiriestScroll3
11-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Most cougars you wil find near Diamond Basin :)

RIVEN13
11-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Wiriest, Im looking for a bobcat in Black Creek

RIVEN13
11-10-2012, 01:46 AM
finally found one. I started doing frontiersmen missions and all of the sudden clues started popping up everywhere for all animals

SpiritKitsune1
11-10-2012, 06:38 PM
*sighs* I having issue finding the cougars in Kanien:kah side. I search the cliffs on the line between diamond basin and kanien:kah, but there always on the diamond basin side. Unless theres another set of cliffs thats exclusively on the Kanien:kah side, that i dont know about.

Blind2Society
11-11-2012, 12:09 AM
There's only one cougar in that part of the map and he is always in the same place. He is on top of, and behind the cliff. There are only two ways to get up there as well. One is a Y shaped tree next to the river that allows you to get up, the other, I can't recall exactly.

Lazaro_21
11-11-2012, 02:35 PM
what animals are in Diamond basin? the b eaver isn't counting for me

Nevermind, now it counted.