PDA

View Full Version : AC IV Speculation [spoilers]

ACfreak357
11-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Hmmmm interesting.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV

I personally would prefer a trilogy for each character it helps us build a relationship with the character, for example Ezio we all loved him and we all know we all shed at least a tear at the end of ACR!

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 06:11 AM
I'd have liked if they created one more game with Connor, not a trilogy, just one more game. :<

abbitha7
11-06-2012, 06:25 AM
I think they should either move on from Connor or make him more interesting. Personally, I find him to be less than compelling, though some small part of it could be that I am also less than interested in the Revolutionary War.

ACfreak357
11-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Yeah if not a trilogy then at least 1 more game with Connor!

FilipinoNinja67
11-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Connor should go ignite the French revolution....

silvermercy
11-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I can see Connor visiting the land of his father in Britain as well as igniting the French revolution indeed. One more game probably, not a trilogy.

EDIT: If i see Connor being dressed as an Englishman or an English Lord at some point I will die a happy fan. :D Or a French nobleman with a wig. LOL
In fact it makes more sense he ends up in England. It's basically Templar-land. Where it all started I think. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar_in_England

Aethlwin
11-06-2012, 02:52 PM
It'll be difficult to carry on the Connor story due to you know what.

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 03:04 PM
It'll be difficult to carry on the Connor story due to you know what.

Not at all. There are other ways. Buut we shouldn't discuss them here.

tjbyrum1
11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Contrary to what everyone else wants, I'd like a modern-day AC. Or at least one that is modern-day 50% or the time.

I know AC is about the Animus and going back in time and all, but modern-day could work so well.

First off, we've already seen what modern-day looks like, especially in AC3, but I ain't spoiling that for anyone. Second, guns wouldn't be a problem, considering everyone has guns in AC3, and because you-know-who has a gun at one point. Besides, they could be optional... or the protagonist could carry around a pistol or two, maybe use rifles as 'heavy weapons' (like the musket). Stealth could also be greatly improved, especially since no one wants to be seen by a group of guards with guns. We could be desynced for such things as "Kill civilians" or "Steal cars", although desyncing only makes sense in an animus.

It could work, it could and we all know it, but some of us don't want to say it.

swiftkinfe
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
We can carry on Connor despite plot points.Bloodlines go various places so we don't even have to be a Miles to do so. This could open up multiple settings but chances are if we are to get a Connor spin off we would probably go to England and maybe later France. Connor doesn't need a trilogy just something full of content to tide us over for Assassins creed 4 hopefully when it is actually done this time. I'd much prefer Ubisoft doesn't repeat what happened in AC3; Lackluster ending, Average character(good nonetheless but average) basic gameplay, few enemy types and most of all making buying weapons not worth a crap. I went through the entire game with the pitcairn pistol sawtooth sword and assassin tomahawk. I have yet to buy any other weapon.

AC4 should have a full new protagonist. Anyone remember that mention of Ethan Hawke? He was a character of the comics. They even mention Aquilus so this plot point cold be open. A distant relative of Desmond but he already has the training, the Animus and probably eagle vision. But personally I want less guns this time around. Ubisoft made then guns work but things as far as modern day felt really stupid as they took there sweat time aiming the pistol. If we incorporate guns again in modern day. Make it similar to the early splinter cell games. You get shot at only if you screw up the stealth aspect. This way for the most part w can keep the melee combat without things looking awkward.

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 03:26 PM
For me to be interested in any future AC.. it has to have sizable historical content. No history=no AC for me.

InfectedNation
11-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I'd love another game with Connor... but the idea of starting another revolution as the main plot setting would be way too repetitive... perhaps England and France... and returning to America at the end using the existing frontier map?

Sackprince
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I'd love another game with Connor... but the idea of starting another revolution as the main plot setting would be way too repetitive... perhaps England and France... and returning to America at the end using the existing frontier map?

yeah i agree another revolution would be kind of lame. Maybe USA vs Canada or mexico and the spaniard invasion. I dont know allot about american history lol

InfectedNation
11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
yeah i agree another revolution would be kind of lame. Maybe USA vs Canada or mexico and the spaniard invasion. I dont know allot about american history lol

I'd love them to make the next game have some real mystery to it, and see Connor pushed to his very limits in different ways than this game.

Sackprince
11-06-2012, 04:10 PM
I'd love them to make the next game have some real mystery to it, and see Connor pushed to his very limits in different ways than this game.

A perfect setting for a mystery would be victorian england.Which also reminds me of the things i miss most in ACIII. At the beginnig in the opera house you have such beatiful paintings and just how it looked that is what i love about the assassin's creed (acII ACB) serie. Young America doesn't really have those things. But i want to stay in America or close to it because we probably are not going to visit it anytime again in a long time. I also really want kind of to see American civil war.

CalgaryJay
11-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Although Hutchinson's mentioned it previously, really happy to hear both WWII & Feudal Japan will never be a destination. Both really cool time periods, but both have been done to death in video games.

TOMatXL
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Wouldn't it be possible that they'll send us back to the era of those guys that created Eden?
But I'm only half guessing here cause I'm only half way trough the current story line and still need to digest the surprising ending ...

Well if they would run out of inspiration they can always take the animus and send desmond back to Jeruzalem to play as Jezus who can then create his brotherhood (12 instead of 6) and call on his disciples / send them on missions...

Sackprince
11-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Although Hutchinson's mentioned it previously, really happy to hear both WWII & Feudal Japan will never be a destination. Both really cool time periods, but both have been done to death in video games.

yeah thats true but games that are based on WWII is mostly FPS right? a assassin's creed game would be radical different from those games. Imagine that you kill hitler that would be ****ing awesome. but i dont really care where assassin's creed 4 would go i love all history of the world. but a spin-off (brotherhoodish) i want personaly want it to be set near America.

catkiller97
11-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Ac IV :D

InfectedNation
11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Going to England as Connor would be pretty cool if they had a good story for it. And I cannot stand the idea of a WWII Assassin's Creed game...automatic or semi-automatic guns are a big NO for the franchise.

Sackprince
11-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Going to England as Connor would be pretty cool if they had a good story for it. And I cannot stand the idea of a WWII Assassin's Creed game...automatic or semi-automatic guns are a big NO for the franchise.

Yeah i can understand that it will probably batman: arkham city/hitmanish. what is your favorite setting for AC IV? not a spin-off like brotherhood
:

InfectedNation
11-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah i can understand that it will probably batman: arkham city/hitmanish. what is your favorite setting for AC IV? not a spin-off like brotherhood
:

I can't honestly say, because I know barely any history. Somewhere very fresh if it were a new protagonist... preferably going back in time from recent games. But for now, I'm all for another Connor game.

andreja110s
11-06-2012, 05:31 PM
I would love to see Connor again, one game is just not enough >.<

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 06:05 PM
yeah thats true but games that are based on WWII is mostly FPS right? a assassin's creed game would be radical different from those games. Imagine that you kill hitler that would be ****ing awesome. but i dont really care where assassin's creed 4 would go i love all history of the world. but a spin-off (brotherhoodish) i want personaly want it to be set near America.

Have you heard of a game called Velvet Assassin? It is a third-person stealth game set during the WW2. It consisted mostly sneaking in the shadows and slitting throats; very little gun action. It was a fun game, with only one (and very big) problem. The gameplay got incredibly boring once the initial gloss wore off. I believe if Ubisoft can circumvent the bore factor it can work! :D

automatic or semi-automatic guns are a big NO for the franchise.

Exactly. that's why I get nervous at the mention of a modern-day AC game :S

AllThatJuice
11-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Connor deserves another game. would be great if they made another game with him in it

ProdiGurl
11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
I'd have liked if they created one more game with Connor, not a trilogy, just one more game. :<

I'm the same way, a Trilogy is 3 years w/ 1 character (thankfully Ezio was so awesome). The only way I could enjoy that is if they really gave him a good personal side story going on - something endearing that makes you bond with him like I did Ezio. But definitely I'd be happy with one more game w/ Connor.

Exactly. Once is enough for me in my own country :o

YES. Mystery. That was one component I felt heavily when I rented Dishonored and I really miss it from AC2-ACB.

A perfect setting for a mystery would be victorian england.Which also reminds me of the things i miss most in ACIII. At the beginnig in the opera house you have such beatiful paintings and just how it looked that is what i love about the assassin's creed (acII ACB) serie. -[cut].

I love that period too.

im3jia
11-07-2012, 09:26 PM
The PlayStation 4 and Xbox 720 release dates could be in 2013, as Ubisoft has confirmed that it is already developing games for both consoles.The company issued a press release yesterday that included its latest financial report and also indicated that Ubisoft is already working on games for Sony and Microsoft's next-generation gaming systems.

"From a longer-term perspective, WiiU's progression and the arrival of the next generation of consoles, combined with the strong momentum in the Free-to-Play model for PC, mobile and tablet games, will enable us to capitalize on the investments we have made in recent years," said Yves Guillemot, the chief executive officer of Ubisoft.

"These developments will cement Ubisoft's positioning as a creator of successful brands with a growing expertise in new online models and services," he continued.

And included in these new developments will most likely be a sequel to the company's Assassin's Creed series that is expected to bring Ubisoft much of its success this year.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/playstation-4-release-date-set-for-2013-ubisoft-confirms-game-development-84576/#odbwzRq8X5C9url7.99

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 09:35 PM
I can see Connor visiting the land of his father in Britain as well as igniting the French revolution indeed. One more game probably, not a trilogy.

EDIT: If i see Connor being dressed as an Englishman or an English Lord at some point I will die a happy fan. :D Or a French nobleman with a wig. LOL
In fact it makes more sense he ends up in England. It's basically Templar-land. Where it all started I think. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar_in_England

Me Likey :D

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I want a modern day AC... Seriously, I do. I want to know FULL and well what happens after the ending of AC 3. No more of this Animus stuff.

im3jia
11-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Abstergo guards won't have a chance :/

freddie_1897
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
i'm thinking connor as an old man in a final bid to help his people.

Escappa
11-07-2012, 10:44 PM
[spoiler]

AC4 should begin in a modern day assassin camp hidden somewhere in a wood or something. You get to know the new "Desmond", let's call him Josh. so we get to play as Josh when he trains in order to learn the new controls. Then after a while, Abstergo, finds the camp, killing everyone. Josh gets lucky and is the only survivor. Then Desmonds old team gets there because they have found another man with DNA from TWCB, Josh. Together they find out that Juno is planning to activate the biggest POE so she can inslave the entire world in one flash.

Minerva contacts Josh in his sleep and tells him that Juno will have trouble finding the POE since Jupiter have hidden it in a place neither she or Juno knows about. She says that there were an assassin that found the door but didn't have the key, and another assassin 400 years earlier that found the key but never unlocked the door. So now there's time for a new trip in the animus to first of all find the key, in 1300th cencury England and then follow the Brasilian assassin that found the door in the 1600's.

Something like this I hope for but split up in two games (AC4 & AC5).

pacmanate
11-07-2012, 10:54 PM
He should extend his life and go to Victorian England

monsterroc
11-07-2012, 11:05 PM
I do think that Connor needs one more game and make me cry this time ubisoft!

Ragsash
11-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I dont get this " Feudal Japan and Egypt are not likely to be featured as they are considered "boring" and unoriginal for Assassin's Creed"
Why would it be boring and unoriginal?
I would love a game in feudal japan or china.
whats wrong with that? there are barly any good games about feudal japan or china. and being an assassin feels the most fitting in japan.
nor like Edypt the only things that even mentions old edypt is like the mummie or bible stories.

ForsakenMessiah
11-08-2012, 12:55 AM
I would bet everything I own on them making one set during the french revolution with Connor, because of one very specific moment

[possible spoiler]

In an optional conversation with The Marquis de Lafayette, Connor is asked if he has ever been to France and told Paris is the most beautiful city in the world full of culture and art, but full of corruption, the exact opposite of america at that time. It concludes by saying he is inspired to take the gold heart of the colonies back to france and invites connor to Paris.

In real history The Marquis was not only a major-general in the continental army under George washington, but also commander-in-chief of the guard nationale, member of the national party and the national constituent assembly which was responsible for the The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen.

[/possible spoiler]

If they wanted they could make another one after during the Napoleonic wars which was started because of the French revolution, that would make him roughly the same age as Ezio during revelations, and a perfect story arc for a trilogy.

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 01:02 AM
"kinda unfair that they make a trilogy for the white guy... then a native american comes that barely gets a whole game......."

and that my friends is why AC? will feature connor as a protagonist.
they will at least give him one more game

P.S. i do not think like the above comment. but ill will assure you ALOT of ppl do. and "unfair" can be subsituted for another word

GreyLucario
11-08-2012, 01:38 AM
if ACIV were to be during modern times then I would be confused as to why Abstergo agents have a bad case of stormtrooper syndrome. I mean when I played AC3 I was concerned about the present slightly since the guns are far more accurate and faster fire rate than a musket, instead the securities constantly missed every shot (which is funny honestly). Though I think one more game for Connor couldn't hurt and I have an idea of what it would be about. At some point in history the Americans gathered up all the natives in Oklahoma and executed a good amount of them, taking their land etc. This is where Connor comes in and tries to do something about it, not exactly what his plan would be though. (save as many natives as he can perhaps?)

hyatari
11-08-2012, 01:56 AM
There should't be another. But hey, whilst there's a cash cow to be milked by Ubisoft...

You'll have another 'cliffhanger', rinse and repeat $$$.

Bashilir
11-08-2012, 02:01 AM
He should extend his life and go to Victorian England

That was what I was thinking too.

Ragsash
11-08-2012, 06:14 AM
There should't be another. But hey, whilst there's a cash cow to be milked by Ubisoft...

You'll have another 'cliffhanger', rinse and repeat $$$.

Dont really see how they should end the game now.... Spoilerish(if you finished the game you know what I mean)

and looking in to the game. they can do an endless series of games with AC. (I personaly would like that) as Templars will always (as they fight to take over the world and control the people) and there will always be assassins or other like it that wants freedom to choce or the freedom not to force their opinions on others
For some reason its only nintendo thats alowed to do a game series thats longer than 3 games. all others are just cashcows. (and looking at nintendo they dont even try to do a story or diffrent game from the past)

I would prefer to at least cover most the big events...exept world war 1-2 that would be soo boring. they realise a game/movie about that every month.

Earende
11-08-2012, 06:31 AM
I dont get this " Feudal Japan and Egypt are not likely to be featured as they are considered "boring" and unoriginal for Assassin's Creed"
Why would it be boring and unoriginal?
I would love a game in feudal japan or china.
whats wrong with that? there are barly any good games about feudal japan or china. and being an assassin feels the most fitting in japan.
nor like Edypt the only things that even mentions old edypt is like the mummie or bible stories. Needn't to be feudal; Boshin War, Japan's civil war after America forced it open during the 1800s. Lots of foreigners, lots of samurai, lots of gun. Might be Connor Jr Jr. For China, there's the Taiping Rebellion (Crazy guy claiming to be Jesus' brother, although lacking in westerners here) or Boxer's Rebellion. All 1800s-1900s. ;p

godsmack_darius
11-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Minor spoilers

Connor goes to Italy maybe? Looks for Ezio's heritage? A journey to learn more about the Assassins? I mean...He didn't do much. Just kinda helped people in the revolution....

Also...Is Ezio related to Connor? Clearly Ezio's family moved to England within 200 years of his death. Hence Haythem Kenway.

So by definition...Is Connor Native...British, Italian, AND Middle Eastern. As with Desmond?!?

there76
11-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Minor spoilers

Connor goes to Italy maybe? Looks for Ezio's heritage? A journey to learn more about the Assassins? I mean...He didn't do much. Just kinda helped people in the revolution....

Also...Is Ezio related to Connor? Clearly Ezio's family moved to England within 200 years of his death. Hence Haythem Kenway.

So by definition...Is Connor Native...British, Italian, AND Middle Eastern. As with Desmond?!?
Connor is not related to Ezio or Altair, just like Ezio is not related to Altair.

catkiller97
11-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I just hope that it will be big and better than AC3 :)

SolidSage
11-08-2012, 07:31 AM
I read in an article a while back that AC games were mapped through 2019.

I'd also bet $ that we will see another Connor game. And I think we should, dude is All Pro.
In fact, when you think about....er.....stuff.....I don't see any reason now why we couldn't just *coughhackcough* any of the ancestors memories and play as all of them again including Altair AND Desmond baby!

voyager4023
11-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I think it'll be in the French Revolution, perhaps as Connor once again.

SolidSage
11-08-2012, 07:44 AM
I doubt they would jump from the frontier after adding the tree climbing but who knows?

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 07:50 AM
And someday we may see a game set in India too.

@Solid Sage, any chance I could get a link to the article you read?

SolidSage
11-08-2012, 07:54 AM
@Pirate
let me look back thru my twitter feed...

...I don't think this is the one I read before because that one actually stated that they have "AC mapped through 2019" but I can't find it now. In this one it's down near the bottom where mallet gets asked about choosing colonial era for AC3

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/05/ubisofts-montreal-chief-yannis-mallet-on-putting-more-than-500-developers-on-assassin-games-interview/

MetalCreed
11-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Please be a British Raj set AC game with a release date for fall 2014

anik_lc
11-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Connor should go ignite the French revolution....

Then he will be remembered in history to provoke the war of the worlds. Peace cracker.

SolidSage
11-08-2012, 08:27 AM
@Pirate
Need to double post because the edit doesn't put the latest stuff at the top of the list

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/05/ubisofts-montreal-chief-yannis-mallet-on-putting-more-than-500-developers-on-assassin-games-interview/

near the bottom where he is asked about choosing colonial era for AC3

pale_rider86
11-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I Strongly believe that should they do a sequel with connor, which i hope they do, will be in London.
(SPOILERS)

Ubisoft has already stated that in AC3 they have planted "seeds" for future titles. I believe the following to be those "seeds"
1. Reginald Birch, as seen in the beginning, who is the Grand Master of the Templars remains in London after sending away Haytham to America to establish his own order and become Grand Master in the colonies.
2. One of your recruits (name escapes me) has ties to the events at the opera house in the beginning of the game and tells connor about it later after joining you.
3. During the end when juno is speaking to connor she tells him, " still you have made a difference and will do so again".
Seems to me Ubi has left enough clues as to where we will be visiting next, so far all pointing to London. After all London sets a very dark tone, and the setting, perfect for an assassin.

Also this amazing article i found really leading to the French Revolution.
http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-4-french-revolution/all/1/

LilyasAvalon
11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
The French Revolution, England or just staying in America seem the most likely three for me. There's 'seeds' for the next games in AC3 being set in those three locations, and I personally doubt they'll be all that eager to walk away from the frontier, after so much work on it.

I'm personally more curious how Ubisoft intends to treat not Connor, but Aveline. Aveline, in her way, may have a role more important than that of Altair, Ezio and Connor. She has some connection or relationship to Eve, Eve was the leader of the resistance of mankind against 'Those Who Came Before' and Subject 16's message in Brotherhood? Find Eden... Eve... Through HER DNA. Plus, Juno's kinda planning to take over the world again... so, yeah.

That means there's a strong possibility the next 'new' protagionist, whether the ancestor or the descendent, most likely both, will be female. And strongly suggests Aveline, given it's already been set up.

Though, given they've also discussed the possibility of a setting BEFORE AC3 for AC4, China seems possible too, with Shao Jun.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I do not want this to happen, but I think i'll favor the series if they didn't release another game before fall 2015/spring 2016 or something because all the yearly realeses (wich I'm not complaining about) have made many faces turn red. So if they're smart they keep a low profile a couple of years, until the players hunger for a new AC game. (and four years of development won't make the games suffer either considering that (spoiler) with Desmond dead, they sort of have to start everything over again, wich take time.

LilyasAvalon
11-08-2012, 01:41 PM
The only problem with that is that I'm hunger for a new game or news NOW. I want answers! D:

mlazun
11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
connor is captain of the aquila which mean he can go everywhere.

that guy layafete who helps you in ac3 later become one of french revolution leader, so i would like to see connor in both paris and london in next game.

he deserves one more game so we can see him becoming true wisdom master assassin and mentor.

Gianavel
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Connor is not related to Ezio or Altair, just like Ezio is not related to Altair.

Really? Do you have a source for that?

It was my understanding that the Eagle Vision you have was hereditary. I know it's not something that's taught by the Assassins, but it was an ability that Altair was born with and passed on to his descendants.

As for AC sequels, I'm positive we'll see an AC3.1, at the very least. Also, just I don't think we've seen the last of Connor, I don't think we've seen the last of Desmond, either.

NumberSix1967
11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
The Eagle Vision is present in those with First Civilisation DNA. So that means a First Civilian and a human had a child and the ability was passed on down through the generations. Altair isn't related to Ezio and Ezio isn't related to Connor but Desmond is related to all three of them. So, Altair's sons would have had kids, who had kids, who had kids etc. Ezio had kids, who had kids who had kids and Connor, or Haytham, had kids and so on and so on until such a point in the 20th Century that all the genetic lines in those individuals came together to produce Desmond's dad/mother and him. If there was a family tree even dating back to Altair, it would be impossibly big.

ACIV...who is to say Juno wasn't also speaking to The Templars? I mean, First Civilisation DNA isn't in the exclusive employ of Assassins, surely....?

EDIT: Oh, the only reason Juno, Minerva and Jupiter spoke to Altair, Ezio, Connor and Desmond is because of their genetic heritage. Normal people wouldn't be able to receive the transmissions sent forward in time; although Juno's messages were current, not future echoes, if you like.

Yes, there's still a lot of explaining to do. Lots.

LilyasAvalon
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Speculation for everyone.

Except this time, it's actually fun speculation.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Nah They will skip AT MOST one year, maybe not even that.

mlazun
11-08-2012, 06:35 PM
they are not related to each other, but there is posibility that they all have a common ancestor far in the past and all came from same ancestor. so that is how all have a eagle vision

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Well didn't all Assassins descend from Adam and Eve, who had their eagle visions "unlocked" hence assassins possess this ability? Or am I missing something here.

F4H bandicoot
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Well didn't all Assassins descend from Adam and Eve, who had their eagle visions "unlocked" hence assassins possess this ability? Or am I missing something here.

Nope, people like Yusuff didn't have eagle vision, nor did the any of the recruits, very few posses the ability.

Only certain assassins have the ability, it's possible that random people also have it, and there's nothing to say Templars can't either. Just depends on you heritage.

pirate1802
11-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Nope, people like Yusuff didn't have eagle vision, nor did the any of the recruits, very few posses the ability.

Only certain assassins have the ability, it's possible that random people also have it, and there's nothing to say Templars can't either. Just depends on you heritage.

Right, right. How could I have missed Yusuf, Momentary lapse of intellect xD

Ragsash
11-08-2012, 09:42 PM
they are not related to each other, but there is posibility that they all have a common ancestor far in the past and all came from same ancestor. so that is how all have a eagle vision

Yes they are relative to each other otherwise they would not share ancestor memories. meaning they have to be somewhere from his fathersside or motherside
they arent all related to eachother but somewhere their ancestors had some fun together.

as they say Shaun Hastings was one of the few that came in to the assassin order from the outside. most of them grow up with it. so the assassins **** around alot. and around the world. as they have creed dens all over the world and they seem to be keeping to other assassins alot. exept when they need others.

of c somewhere their ancestor was adam and eve but it seems everybody came from those things.

JUICEBOX36
11-09-2012, 07:19 AM
they dont have to even make up a distant relative they could just use desmonds father who comes back and then wants answers so he hops in the animus and he can be lead around by desmond like desmond was in revelations by that subject 16 guy or whatever it was...i'd go into more detail but cant for obvious reasons....

ps if u can see the credits at anytime by going through the pause menu you should be able to skip through them or at least make them go a little faster no offense love what the creators did but seriously thats annoying cuz its always like 20 minutes long and its been that way for every game so far

LilyasAvalon
11-09-2012, 07:33 AM
The 'original' assassins were descendants of Adam and Eve, who in turn, were the result of interbreeding between humans the 'One's Who Came Before'. This resulted in Eagle vision in the offspring, most likely as a recessive gene.

Those born into the order are more likely to have this than those who weren't, simply because of genetics and even then, because it's a recessive gene, it may not become dominant often. By the time of the Modern Assassins, because of breeding with those less likely to have the Eagle Vision gene, it sounds like Eagle Vision has all but died out, but the gene is still there and with the proper circumstances and a high enough percentage of first Civ DNA, it can be turned 'on'.

Desmond is probably the best example, because his ancestory contains those mainly born into the assassin order, he has a unusually high percentage of First Civ DNA in him, which allowed much more ease when turning EV back on.

Basic genetics, guys. If you go back far enough of COURSE you'd find that Altair, Ezio, Connor and Aveline were most likely 'related'. But I'm talking like, Adam and Eve's times. So, 80,000 years ago or so. That's MORE than enough time for the gene to deplete enough it would become 'rare' by Altair's time, or even Aquilla's.

mlazun
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
The 'original' assassins were descendants of Adam and Eve, who in turn, were the result of interbreeding between humans the 'One's Who Came Before'. This resulted in Eagle vision in the offspring, most likely as a recessive gene.

Those born into the order are more likely to have this than those who weren't, simply because of genetics and even then, because it's a recessive gene, it may not become dominant often. By the time of the Modern Assassins, because of breeding with those less likely to have the Eagle Vision gene, it sounds like Eagle Vision has all but died out, but the gene is still there and with the proper circumstances and a high enough percentage of first Civ DNA, it can be turned 'on'.

Desmond is probably the best example, because his ancestory contains those mainly born into the assassin order, he has a unusually high percentage of First Civ DNA in him, which allowed much more ease when turning EV back on.

Basic genetics, guys. If you go back far enough of COURSE you'd find that Altair, Ezio, Connor and Aveline were most likely 'related'. But I'm talking like, Adam and Eve's times. So, 80,000 years ago or so. That's MORE than enough time for the gene to deplete enough it would become 'rare' by Altair's time, or even Aquilla's.

exactly

Em-Man
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Guys... What if Hua Mulan was an Assassin? I get super-hyped just by the thought of it.
AC4 China setting. MAKE IT HAPPEN

LilyasAvalon
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Dude, no. Shao Jun had first call. :<

Layytez
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I want to go back to Adam and Eve....

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 05:47 PM
I want to go back to Adam and Eve....

+1

LilyasAvalon
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM
They hinted about that in a conversation between Desmond and Shaun, didn't they?

Layytez
11-09-2012, 06:04 PM
They hinted about that in a conversation between Desmond and Shaun, didn't they?

Yeah so i'm leaning more towards it. If there was a time for us to go back to those times it has to be now. It's a war against the First Civ once again and who better to seek information other than Adam and Eve.

Em-Man
11-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Dude, no. Shao Jun had first call. :<
I'm not talking about a playable assassin. I'm talking about Mulan being a potential historical character with connections to the Assassin Order.

LilyasAvalon
11-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm not talking about a playable assassin. I'm talking about Mulan being a potential historical character with connections to the Assassin Order.

Oh! In that case...

SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY!

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY!

*Takes money and runs away*

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-23-2012, 11:50 AM
While I find Connor lacking, next game SHOULD include Connor in French Revolution. Here, I explain the next 2 games and what they should be. The next 2 games should explore Europe and the Templar hold on Europe, but Templars who are more in-line with Haytham's views. Not terribly cruel, not purely evil, but much like Haytham. Monarchies during this time are Templar institutions.

Assassin's Creed 4

French Revolution

- Two major characters - Connor and a French Assassin (but not Canadian Stephane Chapheau). Connor journeys to France with Stephane Chapheau at the invitation of La Fayette. Assassin's Creed 3 ends basically right before the start of the French Revolution. Connor is witness to, but not instrumental in, the revolution, which is led by the French Assassins. Stephane becomes actively involved, with Connor being hesitant to becoming too involved. He takes pride in the relatively easy gains of the revolutionaries who work to expel the Templar-led monarchy and upper classes.

- There are regional Assassin Branches and Templar Orders. The Assassin groups are called Branches and the Templar orders are called Rites. The Templar Rites are established in nations and major cities within those nations (British Rite in London, French Rite in Paris). Assassin Branches are also established in similar fashion, but there are still Assassin “Dens”, which are large hideouts (like Alamut and Masyaf). The Montagnards are one of these hideouts, led by Robespierre, who also has a political position. They are based in a hideout called the Mountain. The Montagnards are more left-leaning, more radical Assassins, and those who lead the revolutionary effort.

- The 1st and 2nd Wars of the Coalition during this time (England, et. al. fighting against revolutionary France), the counterrevolutionaries trying to reestablish a monarchy in France (these guys would be Templars), conflict with the Girondists, would lead Robespierre, Mentor/Master Assassin, to begin the Reign of Terror, in which he uses the state (in much the same fashion as the French monarchy of 1307) to round up and execute the remaining French Templars, the wealthy, and all other dissidents of the revolution. Connor and the playable French Assassin would find issue with this, and ultimately decide that this French Assassin, who basically becomes the Mentor/Grand Master of the French Assassins, must die for the good of the Brotherhood. Of course there would be Templar targets leading up to this.

- The game would also feature the war going on during this time period, and would end with the death of Robespierre.

Assassin's Creed 5

French Revolution, post-Robespierre, Napoleonic Wars

- Three major characters - Connor, AC4 French Assassin, British Templar, each having equal or proportionate sequences and time to their importance to the story.

- Following the death of Robespierre, the Assassins focus on the Templar-led war against France. Napoleon is seen as the hero of the revolution, a sort of General Washington for the French Assassins, seemingly sympathetic to the Assassin cause. Each of the characters' roles during this time are explored, sequence by sequence.

- You follow the developments within France as the French Assassin, eliminating Templars still in France.

- As Connor, you fight Templars from France's enemies, accompanying Napoleon as he fights. Connor being with Napoleon culminates with the Battle of the Pyramids and the Battle of the Nile in Egypt along Egyptian Assassins, as Connor seeks out his target, Horatio Lord Nelson who commands the British Fleet fighting the French Fleet. The French Fleet loses, forcing Napoleon to go back to France with Connor.

- As the Templar, you are fighting against France on the side of the British, seeing the conflict from a Templar perspective (which is important for later).

- Napoleon, again in France, abolishes the Directory. The consulate is established, with Napoleon the first consul. Connor and other Assassins begin to have suspicions about Napoleon. He eventually turns France into an empire, crowning himself Emperor, and revealing himself to be a Templar.

- Playing as the British Templar, it is revealed that the Templars who are in control of France's enemies originally warred to halt the Assassin gains from the Revolution, but they continue to fight Napoleon because he seeks to reestablish the French Templar Order as the predominant Templar Order in Europe. Because Napoleon seeks to assimilate them as well, they oppose him.

- Resulting from this we have the 3rd - 6th Wars of the Coalition during this time, in which France makes and breaks numerous alliances, opposed all the while by the British Templars, who hold current sway over the other Templar-led monarchies.

- The French Assassins, now led by Stephane Chapheau (decides to become initiated into the French Order) and assisted by Connor, work to oppose Napoleon while taking out Templar targets.

- The locations still take place all over Europe, the main free-roam locations being Paris (France), Leipzig (Saxony), and Moscow (Russia), and smaller locations being the sites of different battles, like Egypt.
- Key events after Napoleon is Emperor would include his campaigns in Prussia (Templar sequences) and Russia (a sequence or two featuring a Russian Assassin fighting against Napoleon’s invasion and burning of Moscow), and Waterloo of course.

- The game would end at Napoleon’s death, which would be the French Assassin making a final confrontation with Napoleon. It’d be a departure from history, kinda like the whole Charles Lee being assassinated departure.

- Connor would have been back and forth to France a couple of times during this period. He would end his involvement with the French Revolution, returning to the US around the start of the War of 1812, being 56 years old and having spent a good portion of his live working in France. There would be room for a Connor DLC dealing with the War of 1812. This DLC would feature New York, Baltimore, and New Orleans. Naval missions, common to AC3, would feature a lot in this DLC, showcasing a US Naval Frigate. Naval missions would once again feature the Chesapeake, a 35 minute battle in which Connor boards and captures a British frigate later nicknamed “Old Ironsides”. In New Orleans, Connor would meet up with Louisiana Assassin mentor Aveline de Grandpe and Andrew Jackson. After the war’s end and the end of fighting in Louisiana, Connor would “retire” from being an Assassin, heading west to find and be reconciled with his people, or rather those of his people still alive who know him.