PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance and Patch-Notes - 06/11/2012

Aza404
11-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Dear Champions,

There will be a 4 hour maintenance on Duel of Champions tomorrow (06/11/2012) from 3pm GMT to 7pm GMT (UK time).
Please see the patch-notes for this maintenance below:

New Features

Achievements:
The Achievement system has been implemented in the game!
5 level of Achievement difficulty are listed and the associated rewards for each of them.
It can be accessed via the Profile Page.

Notification System:
The notification system will send a pop up notice in the top right corner of the game screen.
It will carry out several functions: warn when a friend invite has been sent, when a friend request has been accepted, when an achievement has been completed, daily tournament information, special rewards, system updates and community manager messages.

Mulligan:
The mulligan will permit you to keep your starting hand or change it for a new one if you so desire.
There is no penalty for using the mulligan.
The mulligan will not permit a second change of hand.

Play Versus Anyone:
In Practice mode you will now find the option to play VS anyone.

General actions

Action against low Elo farmers: General information
We are aware that some players are trying to keep an Elo of 1 on purpose to farm more gold.
Those players are damaging the experience of new and low ranked players.
We are setting in place new solutions to deal with this problem. Please refer to the entries below for more information.
More severe actions will be taken if these solutions are not effective.
Thank you everyone for your patience and we hope you enjoy the game J

Action against low Elo farmers: Tournaments
Players keeping a low Elo on purpose will no longer be able to be matched against starting players.
The Daily tournament will now use Tournament ranking instead of Elo ranking to match players.

Action against low Elo farmers: EXP and Gold rewards
Gold and experience received in a duel will now require significant participation in a game.
Thus players who just skip their turns and use direct damage to the opposing Hero to farm gold will receive less gold and exp.
This will not affect players who play out their games.

Bug fixes

Crystal cavern:
We fixed the bug were Crystal Cavern doubled the players resources before taking into account the 4 resource cost of the card.
The 4 resources will now be deducted before its effect takes place.

Over 100 minor bugs

Enjoy,
Aza and the DoC Team

leonid1995927
11-05-2012, 02:41 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Frolic_366315_979775.gif

RavenLord1994
11-05-2012, 02:49 PM
it's good to have a mulligan

Ch3rryAC
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Great changes!!

So now only Replay-viewing feature remains from updates I'm the most interested in ;)

Le.Rancord
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
finally the tournament change very good. Well my dreams of OTK are gone, but generally not a bad idea to hit ccrystal cavern (didnt know it was a bug). so for crystal now to be effective it needs to generate at least 3 extra ressources:
That means u need 11 ressources allrdy before it is effective :(

Generally a very good and needed patch, I hoped the selling option would be there when I read, but it will come eventually.

captaingon
11-05-2012, 03:04 PM
;) Great move!
I don't need to stay drop ELO anymore~~
But the Crystal cavern change destroy it, it need 9+ resource to use, that's means no use.....

Keabard
11-05-2012, 03:06 PM
I think Crystal Cavern was always intended to be a lategame card, not a Gold Pile-like card :p

So now only Replay-viewing feature remains from updates I'm the most interested in

Spectator mode is needed too ! =D

nordentipwel
11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Great great great !

Harmbringer
11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Totally excited for the Archivements!
Pls update your IP-filters as well, donīt want to use a proxy to log-in!

leonid1995927
11-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Well, there's already a huge replay folder. Now we just need something to read 'em.

:p

Keabard
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Replay folder ? really ? i didn't know that :O

MT...
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Hello Aza404,

Would it be too much to ask to have a list of what those other 100 bugs are.

Thanks!

Matrix.disc
11-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm very happy with the actions taken against the xp/gold farmers!
Moreover, finally we've gotten mulligan!

Forcebringer
11-05-2012, 08:18 PM
gratz guys .....i am waiting now for infernal pit :D

LordMaldazar
11-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Replay folder ? really ? i didn't know that :O
Yes, all replays are saved in your game folder, something like:

c:\program files\ubisoft\duel of champions\

Then there are a lot of .replay files there.

Mabufudyne
11-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Excellent patch, only missing nerfs are to Prison, Siegfried-Assassin combo, and Nergal. And of course Mana Storm, but it's pretty much the only way to counter a spell deck at the moment.

Penas2011
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah fix Prison please, siegfried neutral cards effect. maybe some cost to nergal

Fortep
11-06-2012, 10:24 AM
how to read this replays?:P

Aza404
11-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi guys,

Make sure you reload the launcher after the maintenance or you will crash!

Thanks ;)
Aza

LordMaldazar
11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
how to read this replays?:P

You can't, or at least, you can open them as a text file and see what is in it, then you can at least see who was playing against who and stuff like that, but the rest is in some sort of code that they used for each card/action and that is very hard to understand... They still need to make a 'replay reader' that transforms all the code in something that we can understand/see :P

Forcebringer
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
i cannot log in right now its normal?

hydramarine
11-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Nice patch. A lot of rewards. Thank you developers.

nordentipwel
11-06-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm wondering how much time will it take for people to whine about the reward again.
2 days ?

C4r-n4ge
11-07-2012, 02:01 AM
There is a bug in Polish language verion of the game - when the game ask you if you want to change your hand - if you click on yes - the game leave you with the same hand. If you click on no - the game change your hand. Please fix it fast - it's very annoying...

Mabufudyne
11-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Did the tournament elo thing break? It seemed to work after maintenance, but I just got into a game vs a 0 elo player while I'm at 170. I thought it was a long queue, so after the game I queued again. I INSTANTLY got queued vs the same guy (who was now 1 elo).

Ipwnfour
11-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I got a bug where the game ended immediatly in a draw (after it started), while the game considered it as a loss on my side. It cost me -53 tourney rating... :(

Gerebos
11-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Elo farming is still on :) I found some even after patching...in one night over 6 between 1-100 skill rated but they knows what to do and he play fast his cards,in one word He knows what he do with full decks,they finished me off in 2 minutes and I fought them few more times,I dont report anyone they know how they like to play,like an a**,somehow the measures taken are not enough.

May Elrath protect the developers

r3tsa
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I got a bug where the game ended immediatly in a draw (after it started), while the game considered it as a loss on my side. It cost me -53 tourney rating... :(

I had the same thing yesterday.

Daevre
11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
@Mabufudyne: It happens to me 4 times in a row just 5 minutes ago. I think there are no much players playing at the moment so we will matched with the low ones :(

Discomfort2
11-07-2012, 08:31 PM
well done!
This update is awesome :D

Mabufudyne
11-08-2012, 01:18 AM
The tournament elo thing is either bugged or poorly implemented.

Why is it possible for someone with 170 elo to be matched against someone with 0 elo, consecutively, in queues under 5 seconds.

The only reason I can think of is if the Elo spread per second in the queue is 5 or more. It should be 1 Elo per second, no more.

Right now top 10 in tournament is pretty much entirely reliant on luck in hopes of queuing when someone with high elo is queuing.

Ipwnfour
11-08-2012, 10:40 AM
The tournament elo thing is either bugged or poorly implemented.

Why is it possible for someone with 170 elo to be matched against someone with 0 elo, consecutively, in queues under 5 seconds.

The only reason I can think of is if the Elo spread per second in the queue is 5 or more. It should be 1 Elo per second, no more.

Right now top 10 in tournament is pretty much entirely reliant on luck in hopes of queuing when someone with high elo is queuing.

I've got mixed experiences with the tournament queue so far. Today I've only met 100+ rated players (while i was 100+ myself), but yesterday I had games against 0 rated players while I was over 100 as well.

redgo01
11-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Is normal rank connected with results achieved in tournament?

Goldpawn
11-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Is normal rank connected with results achieved in tournament?

yep

Mabufudyne
11-16-2012, 03:34 AM
After awhile now, I haven't seen anyone play a Crystal Cavern at all.

I think the card needs to be taken a look at again to balance it, instead of the lazy nerf-to-oblivion it got. It is a rare, although it's not saying much since Stone Skin is a rare too.

krelian
11-16-2012, 10:56 AM

I think the card needs to be taken a look at again to balance it, instead of the lazy nerf-to-oblivion it got. It is a rare, although it's not saying much since Stone Skin is a rare too.

I agree. Maybe it the resources, not the flags needed, are reduced to 3.

Ipwnfour
11-16-2012, 11:38 AM

I also agree. With the nerf, Crystal Cavern is now an OTK-only card.

Harmbringer
11-19-2012, 11:22 AM
jeah itīs nearly useless right now. Iīd love to add it to my Prison deck, but it will only slow down my deck and cards which provide ressources should do the complete opposite of that!
The following changes would help this card to be useful again:

- Reduce ressources to 2 remain the need to have 4 in fortune as requisite (with a cost of 3 --> still round 7 for +1 ressource is bad in my oppinion)
- Change it to gain 8 Ressources - cost of 4 remain
- Change it to gain 6 Ressources, draw a card - cost of 4 remain

Goldpawn
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Meantime i think CC is a little useless until late in a game, i am not agree with people who say this was a "nerf" since like it was before was a bug :) (instead to use the resource and then apply the effect, before it did the effect and then use the resources), i could argue that was pretty an exploit and a lot of players took advantage of it :), so i invite people to name things with their name, how CC is now is how it should be from the begin, not a nerf; after this... yes for to be an useful card it should be balanced, like making it less expensive, at least with a cost of 3.

p.s. Spell Twister is another bugged/exploitable card for example since it lets you to know if the other has spells in hand even without using it (simple because if even with the right resources you can't use it means that the opponent has no spells in hand), but if they solve the thing i would not call it a nerf but a correction of an exploitable bug :).