PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thinks AC3 is the best AC and wants to see more Connor?

shop6E0E7181E
11-05-2012, 12:20 PM
After playing through as Connor and watching his story unfold, I have grown to like his character.. a lot. Ezio was always my favourite assassin and Brotherhood was always my favourite game and I felt really hesitant about playing as Connor because I was so used to playing as Ezio and roaming through the streets of Rome and Constantinople. But after playing AC3, I feel as though the story and the whole concept of freedom fighting with Connor and the American Revolution was superior to all the other Assassin Creed's. PLUS, his story was the first one to make me cry. Dang onions.

I really hope that if there are future AC games that Connor is in them. I just don't think that one game does him justice.

silvermercy
11-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes!! More Connor please!! Ezio had 3. Not fair. LOL (Also, maybe this would shut up some whiners in these forums that think Connor was not as developed as Ezio who had 3 games under his belt).

giantantik89
11-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Conner is hands down A GUN!!. i want more Conner as well, but i dunno how they will do it[spoiler removed]. My bet is Desmonds father will jump in the animus, because introducing a new hero is meant for the new trilogy to come, not a branch off.

ProdiGurl
11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
NO you're not the only one - - I only know the young Connor right now in Seq. 4-5 and I love his character and feel for him with all that's gone on.

I was reading some great reviews elsewhere last night - GOTY recommends & all. I'm nothing but impressed with this as an EZIO/trilogy fan.
Can't wait to see him as a full fledged assassin ! We just need a love interest going on the side.................
:D

Legendz54
11-05-2012, 12:57 PM
No your not the only one. I like Connor because he's stoic but also humble and passionate. I would like to see a sequel with Connor but not as an old man, maybe a relative of Desmond can relive him. His struggle with the Templars and his people is a fantastic story and the best yet.

Nightmare8767
11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
I know I want more Connor. I feel he needs much more of a Mentor role like Ezio and Altaďr had -- not to say that the Brotherhood in the new America needs to expand.

Plus... I feel his character has a lot of potential.

UtilityTortoise
11-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Huge, huge Ezio and Brotherhood fan here too but Connor is my favorite assassin now as well and AC3 my favorite of the series. Sure it doesn't have the same mystique that AC2 had but to me AC3 was a game that really tried to explore the flaws in the human condition and Connor was pretty much a metaphor for humanism even in the face of all these flaws (the inequality of different people, colonialism, the indiscriminate taking of what belonged to others, and so on). I loved the epilogue scenes with him. Ezio is suave but Connor is relevant to my life. Lol.

Kaimooo
11-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Connor is my favorite assassin by far now, he seems like a real person and not some cliche thing dug up from a book or so

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I know I want more Connor. I feel he needs much more of a Mentor role like Ezio and Altaďr had -- not to say that the Brotherhood in the new America needs to expand.

Plus... I feel his character has a lot of potential.

Everything he said. Moar Connor please! :D

Mr_Shade
11-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Well AC3 did sell 'pretty' well...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-05-uk-charts-assassins-creed-3-top-second-biggest-launch-of-the-year

So who knows ;)

Does explain why I am soooo BUSY! ;)

dandins
11-05-2012, 02:47 PM
ya more connor! but with hood please...

Grandmaster_Z
11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

the haytham sequences were cool but yea, i really like connors character, there needs to be more of him. also, with how the game ended, i can see another game next year. the story will never be fully resolved. i just hope they dont make a spinoff for the VITA exclusively.

True_Assassin92
11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
yes, I guess there will be another game with Connor. It has been mentioned that he still has an important part to play and that his story is not yet finished. So I guess we'll see him again next year, which I would not really like unless he goes to France and he gets involved in another revolution :p

silvermercy
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I will have to second these thoughts:
- Love interest (heck, Desmond HAS to come out of somewhere... no? LOL
- For the love of God, NOT an old pensioner Connor! Please NO! I mean PLEASE!!
In addition, the end of his story should end on a good pleasant note. Enough of drama. :)

ProdiGurl
11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I will have to second these thoughts:
- Love interest (heck, Desmond HAS to come out of somewhere... no? LOL
- For the love of God, NOT an old pensioner Connor! Please NO! I mean PLEASE!!
In addition, the end of his story should end on a good pleasant note. Enough of drama. :)

LOL - define "old" :p

And... Desmond? O_o um............ NO. hehe

silvermercy
11-05-2012, 04:18 PM
LOL - define "old" :p

And... Desmond? O_o um............ NO. hehe

LOL. Well old for me would be for Connor to have to use some kind of hook-blade. LOL Sorry folks!!! haha! XD Also I don't want to know when he dies (well hopefully old obviously but there's no need to show it).

Oh but Connor IS Desmond's ancestor. XD Sooo... we need to see some ancestor "action"... ehehee...

EDIT: I almost forgot the most important thing (whilst making obvious the fact I'm female. LOL): Shirtless Connor. Ubisoft, don't you dare forget to have more scenes like that!! Already the fangirls on other sites I go to are going nuts on those shirtless screens! hehe. So. Don't. Forget. :p

TrueAssassin77
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Connor is a boss. We need more Conner. Problem is how?

UncappedWheel82
11-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I haven't finished AC3 yet, but I'm nearing the end and boy is this game huge! AC, 2, Bro, and Rev are all great games, and very fun, but AC3 actually has some meat to dig into which is what pushes it over the top for me.

And yes, so far (I'm at seq 10) Conner and the rest of the story are top notch! I only wish more of the character's backstory and context of the setting were put into the cutscenes rather than how it is now where most of the context and bredth of the story's scope is burried deep into the written lore.

I guess it is cool the way it is from the stand point of "these are memories and not a story being told to you" which is cool but sometimes I don't want to read walls of text, and if you do that hear you can get lost fairly quickly (if you don't have a practiced, working knowledge of American history that is).

istpro
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I want them to focus more on making assasins cooler.

Assassin_M
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
No, No You`re not. I think the only reason people are displeased with Connor is that He`s not another Ezio. I loved Ezio and I preferred him over Altair when everyone was saying Altair was better. I appreciated everything Ezio gave throughout his life. He was a great Protagonist.

Connor on the other hand is the complete opposite of an Ezio. He`s not Charismatic, not a lady`s man, he`s soft spoken, he`s far more Humble than Altair or Ezio. So Yeah, I`m enjoying Connor, definitely wouldn't mind another game as Connor; I`m not sick of him yet. Far from it

Subject J80
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Absolutely agree. The writing alone in this game was immense, the story unfolded excellently, and by the end of the game I could totally feel for Connor. He is an excellent character, so different than what we have seen before. Stoic indeed.
With a few graphical glitches aside, best Creed by a mile if you ask me....gameplay is tops...just a total joy to play!
Kudos to all the hard working Ubi people!

"I've been a wild rover for manys a year"!!!!

Can I add...........Lorne Balfe's soundtrack is amazing. He totally delivered. Can't stop listening to "Trouble in Town" & "Through the Frontier"!!!

zhengyingli
11-05-2012, 06:44 PM
AC3's not as refined as past games, but the variety of missions alone are easily the the best of the series. And then there's Connor. Seeing his reaction after arriving at Boston just sold me on his character; reminds of the first time I went to a big city.

FirestarLuva
11-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I hope there is. If Ubi wants to see reception of Connor, they should come to this thread. He really needs a sequel. Also the end of the game hinted that. :D At least one more game will shut people up about failing to connect with Connor. I hope they continue right after the game ended, so we can see just how much Connor has changed. The last scene really did show him reflecting on everything he went through.
Also, a question, have you guys run into Connor haters on other forums? Is he really that hated like some people say? Well, it was never said everyone will like Connor, but Ezio doesn't have the brightest fanbase either, nor does Altair.

matteume
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes more Connor please, I really like this character! :)
I've just started sequence 6 and loving every moment so far of the game, maybe the best in the series.

Good job Ubisoft!

lothario-da-be
11-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I am only in sequence 6 but i am ready for more connor. But i would like a game with Haytham in England too.

zhengyingli
11-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I hope there is. If Ubi wants to see reception of Connor, they should come to this thread. He really needs a sequel. Also the end of the game hinted that. :D At least one more game will shut people up about failing to connect with Connor. I hope they continue right after the game ended, so we can see just how much Connor has changed. The last scene really did show him reflecting on everything he went through.
Also, a question, have you guys run into Connor haters on other forums? Is he really that hated like some people say? Well, it was never said everyone will like Connor, but Ezio doesn't have the brightest fanbase either, nor does Altair.
I don't know what it is I appreciate about the current state of Connor's fanbase. They will twist their brain to come out any legitimate reason in support for Connor and constructive criticism of past Assassin's. Maybe something needs to be hated by half of the population for the other half to start defending said thing in a clever way. The negativity always sounds literally louder, also. Listen to any podcast; there are always times that hosts with negative views just start screaming their heads off while the ones with the positive views just sit there talking back in a calm way. I wonder, why can't us on the positive side start screaming our heads off with unbeatable sanguine? Are we just more polite?

Zodakx911
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
AC3 is not the best AC3..AC2 and ACB are much better than AC3.....

No, i don't want to see Conor anymore..

FirestarLuva
11-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't know what it is I appreciate about the current state of Connor's fanbase. They will twist their brain to come out any legitimate reason in support for Connor and constructive criticism of past Assassin's. Maybe something needs to be hated by half of the population for the other half to start defending said thing in a clever way. The negativity always sounds literally louder, also. Listen to any podcast; there are always times that hosts with negative views just start screaming their heads off while the ones with the positive views just sit there talking back in a calm way. I wonder, why can't us on the positive side start screaming our heads off with unbeatable sanguine? Are we just more polite?

We don't bother, because today most negative critics (ex. for Connor) are plain, poor with no legitimate reason why they hate him. I guess people wanted another Ezio, but, if Connor was like Ezio, then people would've complained how he is boring. I guess we'll have to accept the fact that there are many ungrateful people in this world who don't appreciate what they have. Ubi has put so much effort into this game but people only like to point the negative side of it. I think they should shut up and sit down because the devs they hate on so much are the same one's who gave you whiners two more Ezio games, despite his fanbase being divided like Connor's when AC2 was out.
For some people Connor sucks because he is no Ezio, but doesn't Ezio have the upper hand here? He's had three games, two short-movies, three books and what not. If Connor gets the same attention as Ezio, I'm sure he'll literally destroy him. (lol, sorry if this sounds too horrid ;D)
For some people Connor may suck when compared to Ezio, especially in those people's eyes who've been following the franchise since 2007. But for people who have never heard of the AC games, I think Connor will probably be a really interesting character in their eyes. I know many people who bought AC3 because of Connor. Heck, half of my class did because of him, and not because they found him sexy or anything, it's just that Connor isn't that kind of character you rarely or almost never see or hear in movies or books. There were even articles saying this.

Not only is Connor the only nonwhite main character in a console game this year, “Assassin’s Creed III” is the only game I can think of with a substantive primary role for a Native American character,” said Arthur Gies, reviews editor for Polygon.com. It is also a “step in the right direction for a high profile title”. Mike Snider, USA today.

So, even though Connor might not be the most loved in the AC universe, he sure gets a lot of attention from the rest of the world. :3

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 07:38 PM

Actually it is true in any section of society. The part that feels wronged with, or disappointed, is the most vocal. You'd think their group is the biggest one due to the noise they create. Saw this with Revelations, seeing it with AC III now.

Assassin_M
11-05-2012, 07:41 PM
AC3 is not the best AC3..AC2 and ACB are much better than AC3.....

No, i don't want to see Conor anymore..
Sucks for you..

FirestarLuva
11-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Well AC3 did sell 'pretty' well...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-05-uk-charts-assassins-creed-3-top-second-biggest-launch-of-the-year

So who knows ;)

Does explain why I am soooo BUSY! ;)

Shade, you should tell the developers about this thread if you can, so they can see that their struggle of creating a new, more in depth character was not in vain. Connor has a lot of potential for another game. Sure there are a couple of haters here and there, but Ubi shouldn't let a couple of trolls get in their way. Who agrees?

Assassin_M
11-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Shade, you should tell the developers about this thread if you can, so they can see that their struggle of creating a new, more in depth character was not in vain. Connor has a lot of potential for another game. Sure there are a couple of haters here and there, but Ubi shouldn't let a couple of trolls get in their way. Who agrees?
Some of them are trolls Yeah, but not all of them..Some have very Legitimate concerns..

But Generally Yes, I agree

zhengyingli
11-05-2012, 07:56 PM
There were even articles saying this.

Not only is Connor the only nonwhite main character in a console game this year, “Assassin’s Creed III” is the only game I can think of with a substantive primary role for a Native American character,” said Arthur Gies, reviews editor for Polygon.com. It is also a “step in the right direction for a high profile title”. Mike Snider, USA today.

So, even though Connor might not be the most loved in the AC universe, he sure gets a lot of attention from the rest of the world. :3
This is surprising to me. I wonder what would've happened if Altair received the same amount of character development in his own game as he did in Revelations...

Saw this with Revelations, seeing it with AC III now.

Dude, do not remind me. I was actually scared off of the forums because all the attacks were too much for me. Yes, signing up for the forums during the release of Revelations was probably a poor choice, but man.

Assassin_M
11-05-2012, 07:59 PM
This is surprising to me. I wonder what would've happened if Altair received the same amount of character development in his own game as he did in Revelations...

Dude, do not remind me. I was actually scared off of the forums because all the attacks were too much for me. Yes, signing up for the forums during the release of Revelations was probably a poor choice, but man.
Such is the case around now.

I sign up now just to get into needless fights with some of the guys. I`m really not enjoying my time here either..

FirestarLuva
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Some of them are trolls Yeah, but not all of them..Some have very Legitimate concerns..

Yeah, I know, that's why I respect those people. :3 But sadly most of the people who talk about his negative side are trolls, you can clearly see they create an account just to point it out, Them writing Conner instead of Connor and other grammar issues are why I don't bother reading their reviews. If I see a proper, mature review, with nicely balanced paragraphs, no harsh words like jerk, a**-hole, then I will read it and respect their interview, but if it's the exact opposite, they lose all credibility in my eyes. They write how much they hate Connor as if the AC franchise we'll die because he's not like Ezio. And the amount of topics they create over and over about the Connor hate makes these forums and AC look bad. Seriously, I think they should turn off the PC and read about a certain thing called life. A word very well described in AC3's story and characters that they fail to see. :P To all them trolls, life is not Ezio kids, it doesn't suck if he's not here anymore, okay? XD (dafuq, I wrote?)

luckyto
11-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Yes! I want another game just like this one. Same mechanics, same side quests, more naval missions, same awesome writing, same combat.

Take me to Paris and London, please.

TrueAssassin77
11-05-2012, 09:25 PM
we wont get another conner game because

SPOILER: desmond is dead. and unless we get his dad in the animus...

InfectedNation
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I know, that's why I respect those people. :3 But sadly most of the people who talk about his negative side are trolls, you can clearly see they create an account just to point it out, Them writing Conner instead of Connor and other grammar issues are why I don't bother reading their reviews. If I see a proper, mature review, with nicely balanced paragraphs, no harsh words like jerk, a**-hole, then I will read it and respect their interview, but if it's the exact opposite, they lose all credibility in my eyes. They write how much they hate Connor as if the AC franchise we'll die because he's not like Ezio. And the amount of topics they create over and over about the Connor hate makes these forums and AC look bad. Seriously, I think they should turn off the PC and read about a certain thing called life. A word very well described in AC3's story and characters that they fail to see. :P To all them trolls, life is not Ezio kids, it doesn't suck if he's not here anymore, okay? XD (dafuq, I wrote?)

This.

Seriously Ubi, if you're reading this.... please give him one more game.. perhaps set 5-10 years later?
EDIT: And in a new setting... although I'll miss the Frontier :(

ProdiGurl
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM

Ya, look at my join date lol... but the Revelations haters didn't run me off, they infuriated me w/ their ungratefulness & rudeness. I just posted even more love for the game .
Seriously that was a GREAT game I played it 3 times lol.

Last year you had alot of Altair/AC1 lovers who feel they were betrayed w/ the whole cliche' Ezio trilogy & gameplay style - they never really warmed up to Ezio too well & a lot of the new stuff they gave him.
Now we have AC1 plus Ezio fans who hate any change & bag on anything new & different. I thought each Assassin was supposed to be different in their own rite?
Why can't Connor be different than other Assassins we played?
I don't know if I'll like him or not as an adult but I do understand his past & why he may be more closed off.
But I swear I almost hope these haters leave the series & let us enjoy AC in peace. They aren't happy with anything & I get tired of their hostile tantrums. I always feel bad for devs. But anyways, I just hit Connor where he gets the new outfit in Seq. 5 & is an adult finally so I'm excited to see his character in new missions.

TrueAssassin77
11-05-2012, 10:25 PM

in my defense, when i spell connor my phone auto-corrects me. im ususally typing from my phone. i love conner by the way. hes far more relatable than ezio, and worlds more relatable than altair

Legendz54
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Hopefully Ubisoft sees this thread.. Hopefully they are planning on a sequel, If Connor comes back just make sure he grows his original haircut back lol.... For Connor it should be maybe 3-5 years later with a new modern day protagonist thats related to Desmond to view him.

I dont really want an old Connor 50+ like Ezio in ACR.

Connor has grown to be my favourite Assassin and his story is the most compelling and emotional to me.

RinoTheBouncer
11-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Connor is good, really good and I felt like I grew with him throughout the game, of course. But that's nothing compared to how Ezio affected me. I think Connor is a really good character, a very remarkable one that you can strongly feel and relate to but not the best Assassin as throughout the entire game, he felt like he's a regular fighter, soldier or mercenary member or any regular fighter from an action/drama series but he doesn't have the Assassin material.

I understand Ubisoft wanted a fresh new look but I just found too different from Ezio and Altaďr. It's not that it's bad but we kinda of got used to Lara Croft with a braid or ponytail and brown hair, can't really imagine her with really short and light blond hair.

zhengyingli
11-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Ya, look at my join date lol... but the Revelations haters didn't run me off, they infuriated me w/ their ungratefulness & rudeness. I just posted even more love for the game .
Seriously that was a GREAT game I played it 3 times lol.

Last year you had alot of Altair/AC1 lovers who feel they were betrayed w/ the whole cliche' Ezio trilogy & gameplay style - they never really warmed up to Ezio too well & a lot of the new stuff they gave him.
Now we have AC1 plus Ezio fans who hate any change & bag on anything new & different. I thought each Assassin was supposed to be different in their own rite?
Why can't Connor be different than other Assassins we played?
I don't know if I'll like him or not as an adult but I do understand his past & why he may be more closed off.
But I swear I almost hope these haters leave the series & let us enjoy AC in peace. They aren't happy with anything & I get tired of their hostile tantrums. I always feel bad for devs. But anyways, I just hit Connor where he gets the new outfit in Seq. 5 & is an adult finally so I'm excited to see his character in new missions.
In terms of writing, the three Assassin's are pretty different. But when talking about mechanics, ACIII is far more foreign in comparison to the evolution from AC1 to Revelations. The naval and combat are the two big changes. But I'm having a hard time believing the detractors who claim that it's not an AC game even though what we've come to love haven't changed fundamentally at all. I understand if they disliked the time period, but the gameplay mechanics surely aren't broken but more streamlined.

Aethlwin
11-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Out of all the AC games this one just didn't feel like an AC game, more an American War of Independence game with added ship and farming simulators. In fact the only time I felt like i was playing an AC game were the first 2 hours. Connor as a character just doesn't feel like an Assassin, but more a troublesome whiny youth who wants to free his people rather than defeat the Templars.

As a stand-alone, the game was fun and I've logged 26 hours on it, mostly sending convoys, hunting and exploring. The story was boring though with the only fun twist appearing after 2 hours, after Haytham in all just went downhill.

WakefulRainbow6
11-05-2012, 11:59 PM
yes more connor please!! i absolutely loved ezio but with connor i have more of a feeling like i feel what he feels how he struggles even though he is more serious and somewhat naive i think we can see him in future games(pleeeeeasee england or france) like a person who understands the western world and is not so naive anymore. yes i would defenitely like to get to know connor as well as we knew ezio! (on another subject i hope ubisoft would make the movie about ezio's death in an envil next version and not the simplistic animation i was really sad to see his and but at the same time thought that it was a nice conclusion to his story the only thing that really bothered me is that it was in this horrible animantion style)

WakefulRainbow6
11-06-2012, 12:01 AM
yeah and his motivation could be that through the american revolution he sees the importance of liberty and wants to help the brotherhood in france

AssassinGame1
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I disagree with you. Connor does not really have a personality like Ezio. We do not know much about Connor, so it would be confusing if there would be a sequel to him. Unlike Ezio, Ezio had a personality, daring, romantic, and a challenger type of guy. We have no idea how Connor is.

akatz2012
11-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Definitely agree... Wasn't so sure about Connor in the beginning but he really grew on me. Would love to see them bring him back for a couple more games.

Assassin_M
11-06-2012, 12:05 AM
I disagree with you. Connor does not really have a personality like Ezio. We do not know much about Connor, so it would be confusing if there would be a sequel to him. Unlike Ezio, Ezio had a personality, daring, romantic, and a challenger type of guy. We have no idea how Connor is.
Connor HAD a personality. You did not like him because obviously you cant stop comparing him to Ezio.

You cant just say "Connor had no personality" You can say, though that you did not like it...

Who the hell does not have a personality ? My God, You people

luckyto
11-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Prodigurl, I'm one of those AC1 fans, and I love this game. It's very different, but it's true to the series. I loved AC2 as well. I just felt like Brotherhood was a serious disappointment --- at all major levels ---- combat, free roam, story. ACR was more of a refined ACB with a better story, better combat and better maps but some other big big failings (Den Defense). As much as I would love another AC1, this game is a perfect maturation of those themes.

Out of all the AC games this one just didn't feel like an AC game, more an American War of Independence game with added ship and farming simulators. In fact the only time I felt like i was playing an AC game were the first 2 hours. Connor as a character just doesn't feel like an Assassin, but more a troublesome whiny youth who wants to free his people rather than defeat the Templars.

As a stand-alone, the game was fun and I've logged 26 hours on it, mostly sending convoys, hunting and exploring. The story was boring though with the only fun twist appearing after 2 hours, after Haytham in all just went downhill.

Connor is hardly whiny. He is much less whiny that Altair in the first few sequences of AC1. These games captures a different time period of the Assassin Order. That's all. It's has as much "Assassin" feel compared to AC2 as AC2 was to AC1. One can go on about the litany of changes and different feel between AC2 and AC1, but most people felt the additional features more than compensated for he change in "Assassin" template and themes. I remember there was a big debate about how not cutting your index finger wasn't like an Assassin at all. The arguments are the same.

I loved it. It was completely true to the series and much needed change of pace.

Connor HAD a personality. You did not like him because obviously you cant stop comparing him to Ezio.

And comparing the whole game to Brotherhood or all of the Ezio series and the assumptions they made from it.

ProdiGurl
11-06-2012, 12:16 AM

Well I'm in sequence 5 now where Connor turns adult... I'll continue checking out the story as it goes along but at this point, it's awesome and has totally kept this EZIO/trilogy fan very happy!
It didn't feel like AC to me until Sequence 2 when I started my first Haytham mission & I clicked on the Eagle Vision - then it all started kicking in & got FUN.
& Haytham rocked it - I loved his plainish bad boy character.
And by the way, they're making Connor's assassin duties & lifestyle true to period with what they would have available and know in that period. They've done a great job adapting AC to this setting.
You either like it or you don't. I personally think Americans have more of a problem with it becuz it doesn't seem as foreign or 'ancient' to them & America is alot more personally relatable so it may take something away? Just my opinion.

AssassinGame1
11-06-2012, 12:17 AM

You cant just say "Connor had no personality" You can say, though that you did not like it...

Who the hell does not have a personality ? My God, You people

I mean that Ubisoft did not really express his personality throughout the game

Assassin_M
11-06-2012, 12:19 AM
They did and it established his character very well. Evident by people already judging that they hate/love him.

If they did not establish his character well, people would have a hard time making a judgement..

luckyto
11-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Yes, they did. He sticks up for people against bullies, he hates unfairness or injustice, he is naive, he is quick to temper and rushes into things, and he believes in freedom for people to choose their own path. He is willing to die to protect others from having to die or suffer. He will go to any length to meet his objectives. He talks less, and acts more. He is polite, and always tries to see the good in people - to a fault.

zhengyingli
11-06-2012, 12:21 AM
His bantering with Achilles in the main storyline alone showed enough. If you want more, do some Homestead missions. That's a guy who deeply cares about his friends.

ProdiGurl
11-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Prodigurl, I'm one of those AC1 fans, and I love this game. It's very different, but it's true to the series. I loved AC2 as well. I just felt like Brotherhood was a serious disappointment --- at all major levels ---- combat, free roam, story. ACR was more of a refined ACB with a better story, better combat and better maps but some other big big failings (Den Defense). As much as I would love another AC1, this game is a perfect maturation of those themes.

Connor is hardly whiny. He is much less whiny that Altair in the first few sequences of AC1. These games captures a different time period of the Assassin Order. That's all. It's has as much "Assassin" feel compared to AC2 as AC2 was to AC1. One can go on about the litany of changes and different feel between AC2 and AC1, but most people felt the additional features more than compensated for he change in "Assassin" template and themes. I remember there was a big debate about how not cutting your index finger wasn't like an Assassin at all. The arguments are the same.

I loved it. It was completely true to the series and much needed change of pace.

And comparing the whole game to Brotherhood or all of the Ezio series and the assumptions they made from it.

Glad to hear you love the game:) I think all of us AC fans have to find what the core of AC is and be true to that instead of picking a favorite that the next release has to copy. We sure cant' expect someone in another century to be identical to the previous Assassin protagonist. The settings & characters of AC are going to continue evolving - they'll just have to keep the unique AC style going throughout each. That may be why the game goes thru alot more criticism?
Most other games keep the same Hero you love so you get familiar with them & bond. There might be something to that? Dunno.

I agree this game feels more 'mature'....of the series. I didn't think I'd like this one w/ Ezio being gone but it's just the opposite - I love this one as much as the others just in a different way and for different things.

I don't know what Connor changes into as an adult yet but I'm fine with him being different. I would probly still prefer an Ezio type tho. O:]

rmhosa
11-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Most people seem to dislike Connor's character. I LOVE HIM.
My sister is obsessed with cultures in other people, and recently started diving for American Indians, Of course she did tribes from the North West, not the North East, but STILL UbiSoft nailed it with Connor. He's my favorite character yet.

AllThatJuice
11-06-2012, 12:55 AM
If Ubisoft continue with the trend of 1 AC per year, then I hope Connor is in the next one. He's a much more complicated character than Ezio and I would love to see his character fully explored. Plus theres also so many different places Connor could travel to for the next game....Plus hes still very young at the end of AC3 (only in his mid 20s?)

Legendz54
11-06-2012, 01:06 AM
If Ubisoft continue with the trend of 1 AC per year, then I hope Connor is in the next one. He's a much more complicated character than Ezio and I would love to see his character fully explored. Plus theres also so many different places Connor could travel to for the next game....Plus hes still very young at the end of AC3 (only in his mid 20s?)

Late 20 i think. Yea i would love a sequel with Connor, If they dont do it in America they could make him travel to the french revolution, Im sure there is still some type of frontier in france?

AllThatJuice
11-06-2012, 01:20 AM
I think that would be great if Connor went to France. Maybe he travels to Europe to train among the other assassins (seeing as the order is pretty much dead in America?)...lol...But it would also mean that we'd get some bigger building for Connor to climb this time around

And we never saw who Connor has a child with

TrueAssassin77
11-06-2012, 01:50 AM
its almost like people in this forum want ezio to have a 4th console game or something. conner has personality. ezio had personality. conners personality was more consistent than ezios anyhow. one point ezio is a playboy, another hes a wise mentor, another hes a passionate assassin. stop comparing ezio to conner and look at connor by himself. you can see traits of connors personality in everyone youll ever meet. he has real personality while ezio's is fabricated. connor deserves a sequel. they gave altair a spirtual sequel in ACR, and ezio has like 3 whole games to himself. conner is someone they need to do justice. especially considering they want to do this half-whit...er..- opps i mean half native american thing and change gaming whatevers. imagine how it would look if they gave up on conner at such a young age. connor at the end of the game couldn't have been more that 28. he joined the brotherhood at 15. connor IMO will get a sequel. if they wanted to actually close his story, they would have killed him-off or have him grow to old, or even cripple him so he can no longer be an assassin.

no matter what anyone says the devs have already decided on if he will get a sequel.... and besides.... knowing ubisoft they started devolpment of AC? 2 years ago, and eargly await its release next year.... just in time for thier yearly schedule

hyatari
11-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Connor was bland, obnoxious, devoid of any humour and I was completely apathetic towards his plight. The way his moods would change dependent on plot holes was hilarious, too. Sympathetic one second and then butchering someone the next. Easily one of the worst protagonists I've had the misfortune to play.

TrueAssassin77
11-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Connor was bland, obnoxious, devoid of any humour and I was completely apathetic towards his plight. The way his moods would change dependent on plot holes was hilarious, too. Sympathetic one second and then butchering someone the next. Easily one of the worst protagonists I've had the misfortune to play.

:confused:

he only butchered templars... just like everyother assassin in the series

Legendz54
11-06-2012, 03:02 AM

I didn't want Connor to be a smartass charmer like Ezio, Thats exactly what turned me off about Ezio.. He didn't have that badass assassin feel. Ezio had almost his whole family wiped out and he still remained a smartass charmer, At least Connor changed from a happy child to a badass.

All you want is a clone of Ezio, those things are more of an Italian trait, Native americans saw people and the environment differently.
Best character i have ever played.

TrueAssassin77
11-06-2012, 03:34 AM
I didn't want Connor to be a smartass charmer like Ezio, Thats exactly what turned me off about Ezio.. He didn't have that badass assassin feel. Ezio had almost his whole family wiped out and he still remained a smartass charmer, At least Connor changed from a happy child to a badass.

All you want is a clone of Ezio, those things are more of an Italian trait, Native americans saw people and the environment differently.
Best character i have ever played.

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

someone who hasn't been shagged by ezio it seems!!!!

ProdiGurl
11-06-2012, 03:42 AM
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

someone who hasn't been shagged by ezio it seems!!!!

Hey now, don't make me hafta get out my crossbow !!!:mad:
Ezio's da man ~ it's just people who refuse to move on with the series & expect every Protagonist has to be his clone or they're going to throw a tantrum.
I fully expected to be one of them but I'm happy to say AC3's kept me from feeling that way & I look forward to what they're going to do next year

Layytez
11-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Who is going to relive his memories ? William ? Or some random dude we just happen to find ?

Assassin_M
11-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Spoilers for ending..

We`re not allowed to talk about it here, mate..

derbestrafe
11-06-2012, 05:20 AM
To each their own, of course, but I need to say that Connor is not only the worst assassin that I've played, but is quite possibly one of the worst characters I've played in any game... period. He is bland, the voice acting is terrible, the story is not in the least engaging. In all the previous games, I found myself rushing through Desmond's sections to get back to the animus. In AC3 I feel like I'm swimming through molasses just to try and get to Desmond for something fun. I don't know if it's a bug or on purpose, but the lack of background music, coupled with the blandness of Connor litterally depresses me as I try to slog through to the ending of the game.

kriegerdesgottes
11-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Yeah I can relate to Connor really well and I think he's an awesome character. i truly feel it would be wrong to only give him one game. I think he deserves at least one more game. *cough* french revolution *cough*

TrueAssassin77
11-06-2012, 06:07 AM
To each their own, of course, but I need to say that Connor is not only the worst assassin that I've played, but is quite possibly one of the worst characters I've played in any game... period. He is bland, the voice acting is terrible, the story is not in the least engaging. In all the previous games, I found myself rushing through Desmond's sections to get back to the animus. In AC3 I feel like I'm swimming through molasses just to try and get to Desmond for something fun. I don't know if it's a bug or on purpose, but the lack of background music, coupled with the blandness of Connor litterally depresses me as I try to slog through to the ending of the game.

^this guy prefers fake unrelatable characters.

derbestrafe
11-06-2012, 09:04 AM
^this guy prefers fake unrelatable characters.

^ This guy misses the "to each their own" in the opening line. If people love Connor fine; I don't. I don't need to relate to characters. Frankly a game about a history teacher grading papers wouldn't appeal to me, but I could relate to it. I think Connor is bland, I don't like his voice acting. I find nothing compelling about his story. If you love him; awesome, enjoy the game. I don't, and I'm finding it a chore to finish.

Bullet747
11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Connor's defenitely my favorite assassin so far. He also has more personality than I expected, it's just expressed non-verbally. He'll fight for what is right. He fights for the better side of the human conditioning. Even if it kills him. Even if it's futile "Becuase no one else will".

FirestarLuva
11-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I agree. Out of all the assassins, Connor does have the most personality, it's just the fact he's a very introvert and quiet person that we only get to see his aggressive side and people automatically think he's flat. Listen people. You can't say a character doesn't have a personality. Everyone had. Altair, Ezio, Connor and Desmond.
Also, before the game's release, the devs said that if you want know more about Connor you should do the side quests and interactive conversations. If you find Connor flat, boring, absolutely nothing like Ezio, I suggest doing the Homestead missions. While playing them you'll see he's actually a pretty funny, fun-loving, selfless guy who wants nothing but the best for his friends. And he's not grumpy, he actually smiles a lot, so at some points you might feel some Ezio vibes from him, especially like Ezio was when he was seventeen.
Another way to learn about him is listening to his monologues and a certain letter he writes, where you'll learn about his regrets and how much he hates parts of himself and the things he has done. It's similar to the Altair codex pages like in AC2, but it's not about the apple/order this time, but Connor himself.
I suggest doing these things, and you'll be shocked to see that Connor is the exact opposite of what people say about him. He's not aggressive, he's hurt, he's not grumpy, he's just too shy to open up to every person, he's not brutal or a beast, he cares and from the letters/monologues you'll see how emotionally things have had an affect on him. These are those parts of the game where you'll see the child that died inside of him long ago, the child he was forced to choke deep inside.
If it weren't for the trauma he had faced as a child, things would have been a lot different for Connor.

luckyto
11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Because polite kind people get no respect in this world we live in today.

pirate1802
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM

Indeed!

SolidSage
11-07-2012, 06:41 PM
No OP you're not. I do too :)

Love the voice acting of Connor.

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 06:50 PM

I think there's some wisdom to be found in that statement! (ergo the abundance of hater/troll threads around the net)

ProdiGurl
11-07-2012, 06:54 PM
No OP you're not. I do too :)

Love the voice acting of Connor.

I still don't know who did his voice acting - but I personally like it becuz it's more soft spoken and fits his personality. He seems to be quiet but explosive inside/ passionate.
So to be less bold and loud seems to fit... I think quiet & reserved fits him.

InfectedNation
11-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I agree. Out of all the assassins, Connor does have the most personality, it's just the fact he's a very introvert and quiet person that we only get to see his aggressive side and people automatically think he's flat. Listen people. You can't say a character doesn't have a personality. Everyone had. Altair, Ezio, Connor and Desmond.
Also, before the game's release, the devs said that if you want know more about Connor you should do the side quests and interactive conversations. If you find Connor flat, boring, absolutely nothing like Ezio, I suggest doing the Homestead missions. While playing them you'll see he's actually a pretty funny, fun-loving, selfless guy who wants nothing but the best for his friends. And he's not grumpy, he actually smiles a lot, so at some points you might feel some Ezio vibes from him, especially like Ezio was when he was seventeen.
Another way to learn about him is listening to his monologues and a certain letter he writes, where you'll learn about his regrets and how much he hates parts of himself and the things he has done. It's similar to the Altair codex pages like in AC2, but it's not about the apple/order this time, but Connor himself.
I suggest doing these things, and you'll be shocked to see that Connor is the exact opposite of what people say about him. He's not aggressive, he's hurt, he's not grumpy, he's just too shy to open up to every person, he's not brutal or a beast, he cares and from the letters/monologues you'll see how emotionally things have had an affect on him. These are those parts of the game where you'll see the child that died inside of him long ago, the child he was forced to choke deep inside.
If it weren't for the trauma he had faced as a child, things would have been a lot different for Connor.

I agree with this completely... but I don't remember this letter you're talking about, could you PM me if it's too spoilery.
And yeah everyone needs to complete both the main story and Homestead storyline before they judge Connor's character.

I still don't know who did his voice acting - but I personally like it becuz it's more soft spoken and fits his personality. He seems to be quiet but explosive inside/ passionate.

Noah Watts voiced Connor.

zhengyingli
11-07-2012, 07:55 PM
That's why it's SO subjective to rate the quality of voice acting. Some people say Watts did a bad job, but in reality, I do know people who speak like that, and their personality are not too different than that of Connor's.

TrueAssassin77
11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
People would rather see fake voice acting than real one.....

Smh at what this world has become

eagleforlife1
11-07-2012, 08:32 PM
You're not the only one. I love AC3 and I hope to see Connor in the French Revolution next year alongside Lafayette.

I thought Noah Watts did a fantastic job with Connor's voice as well.

WakefulRainbow6
11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
letter[/I] he writes, where you'll learn about his regrets and how much he hates parts of himself and the things he has done. It's similar to the Altair codex pages like in AC2, but it's not about the apple/order this time, but Connor himself.. Where are these monologs

TheFearHasMe
11-07-2012, 09:03 PM
I would, but I'm not sure how they would continue the story of Connor and the general plot could suffer taking that direction.

CalgaryJay
11-07-2012, 09:17 PM

How is this any different than Ezio? Smooth, charming & laid back with the ladies, always smiling, and then the next minute he's shoving an axe through someone's face.

If anything, Ezio was the more unbelievable. For someone to watch every male in his family get wrongly, and viciously hanged right in front of him, he sure shook it off pretty good emotionally. Always smiling and being flirty, riiiiight....

luckyto
11-07-2012, 09:20 PM
The voice acting is hit and miss. In the story sequences, it's often great. But there are too many side quests with miniature cutscenes that are very poorly written, voiced with no emotion and badly animated. And I think that's why --- like one poster said --- clearly different teams worked on different parts. It's a fair criticism to talk voice acting. It's mostly good, and it's great when it needs to be; but there are plenty of moments where it fails.

Though, he's not nearly as dry as Altair. AC1 had much worse voice acting.

FirestarLuva
11-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Where are these monologs

At the beginning of every sequence with Connor.

egriffin09
11-07-2012, 11:25 PM
I liked Connor as well. As far as I'm concerned AC3 is the best yet. AC3 is the biggest AC game content wise, graphic wise, I also thought the story was better than AC 2's story. Don't get me wrong, AC 2 is still AMAZING and sure AC 2 had the totally new open world game structure and a brand new assassin. But AC 3 had a brand new assassins as well,had the open world game structure, naval battle innovation, tree running innovation, most side quest of any AC game --it just has more to do in AC 3 than any other AC game period. Some complain about AC3 being a little slow in the first 3 sequences, but once you complete the game story mode, it was all to build up the main character Connor i think. I thought the first 3 sequences were interesting myself. Especially when it gets to the end of sequence 3. Then the game just gets better and better to the end. I got 30 hrs in the game and have about 4-5 hrs of gameplay left to complete the rest of the side missions I didn't finish in my playthrough.

Bullet747
11-08-2012, 09:33 PM

Amen. I agree completely.

With that said this did make me laugh: "When Ezio's not stabbing people he sleeps with women. When Connor's not stabbing people he's killing animals."

InfectedNation
11-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I'll avoid spoiling anything here... but the end of the Homestead questline was a really beautiful moment for Connor's character. Especially the little "interactive conversation" after, and the letter he reads.

zhengyingli
11-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I'll avoid spoiling anything here... but the end of the Homestead questline was a really beautiful moment for Connor's character. Especially the little "interactive conversation" after, and the letter he reads.
Wanna witness a Chinese guy cry? Well, you just missed your opportunity. That scene was so good.

Syler99
11-08-2012, 10:36 PM
I don't like Connor he's about as bland a character as one could be I hope they skip over to AC4 already and not extend our time with him.

pb0yd1
11-08-2012, 11:29 PM
A character is a part of a game ,yes.. but in this the game play is what does it for me ,skipping through windows , tree hunting its just so flexible in the movements i forget aboat the character .
I do really like the story ,as well sh** i just like ALL the AC,s neverdisliked 1.

WakefulRainbow6
11-09-2012, 01:21 AM
At the beginning of every sequence with Connor.

ooh ohkay i thought he ment there were more yeah no those where really good top notch

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 04:06 AM
Wanna witness a Chinese guy cry? Well, you just missed your opportunity. That scene was so good.
Wanna Witness an Egyptian Cry ? My Brother did :|

That Scene did it for me.. even more than RDR.. I never cried from a game before

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Am I the only one that thinks AC3 is the best AC and wants to see more Connor?

I wish you were - if that were so, Ubisoft might have an incentive to work hard to make AC4 better than this pig's garbage. But apparently there are more of you.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 04:39 AM
I wish you were - if that were so, Ubisoft might have an incentive to work hard to make AC4 better than this pig's garbage. But apparently there are more of you.
Stop spamming..

We already know you hate the game. No need to shove it up our faces every 5 minutes..

psf22
11-09-2012, 04:54 AM
No your not the only one. I like Connor because he's stoic but also humble and passionate. I would like to see a sequel with Connor but not as an old man, maybe a relative of Desmond can relive him. His struggle with the Templars and his people is a fantastic story and the best yet.

I actually enjoy it very much (too) that he's stoic but driven. Connor and the rope dart beat the **** out of the previous installments.

pirate1802
11-09-2012, 05:09 AM

We are many, we are the Legion!

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 05:13 AM
I actually enjoy it very much (too) that he's stoic but driven. Connor and the rope dart beat the **** out of the previous installments.

Nothing more satisfying than pulling the soldier into the bush with the ropedart. He's like Scorpion, but a real scorpion.

W-Munny66
11-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Assassin's Creed is by far my favorite video game series, and I've played through all of the games numerous times and I would love another chance to play as Conner. After playing through Essentially Ezio's whole life, I thought It would be hard to like Conner as much, but after playing through this game I would say Conner has become my favorite Assassin and definitely think he deserves another game and I would also like to get a chance to play as a young Achilles. It could be like Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith(Only well written and with better dialogue) and we could get a chance to see how the Assassin's got wiped out in colonial America and why Achilles went into hiding. Maybe a sort of revelation's-esque storyline where you play as both an older Conner and a younger Achilles(but this time make the Achilles section's Open World as well, not like how Revelation's Altair Section's were basically Leonardo War machine sections, and not open world at all).

Oh and they should definitely add a Conner Skin for Assassin's Creed Liberation. At least Just for when you are free Roaming........

LoyalACFan
11-09-2012, 06:03 AM
I once thought that the French Revolution would be a good Connor follow-up, but now I'm unsure... We would lose the epicness of the Frontier, and it would be kind of random to have a Mohawk in 18th-century Paris... However, they could keep it in the colonies (there are plenty of good historical figures left to be targets) and use the Quasi-War with France as an excuse to keep the naval content.

projectpat06
11-09-2012, 09:00 AM
I honestly don't care what they make next as long as I get more of the Bobby Faulker and Connor dual on the high seas. Maybe not in the next game but possibly a huge dlc expansion pack released in 2013. Besides some things that were cut that I was expecting and the fact that the frontier can seem well, empty and lacking hardly anything to do with random events and patriot/redcoat battles, I loved the game. It is the best assassins creed by far, and I think Connor's story should continue (at least in some huge dlc that involves open world sailing).

Felix-Vivo
11-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Oh lol, I just made a thread about this. I'm stupid.
Anyway, I LOVE Connor and hope he returns.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I love his character. Easily the best assassin in the series for me. His growth is shown, he's not a perfect Gary Stu despite being naturally 'on the good side and wanting to solve all problems'. His flaws come from that. I love his naivety, so pure and sincere. This is such an appropriate character for American Revolution story, I thought Ubisoft would avoid mention some subjects but they didn't. Ratonhnhaké:ton openly questions why does the Revolution seems like it's only for a white men, what about 'people like him or Surry' (a black slave). Loved it. And his relationship with a certain figure was executed so well.

Such an amazing character!

Please Ubisoft MOAR Ratonhnhaké:ton! But please, don't lose his naivety. It's the main aspect why I love him so much. Sure he shouldn't be totally oblivious to the way other people think & act by this point, but I don't want him to change his principles. It's a naturally good character, like Luke Skywalker, no "fall to the Dark Side" would fit his character. Just like with Luke, even tempting would be pointless because the offer would have nothing that would interest him.

ProdiGurl
11-09-2012, 12:19 PM
At Seq 6, I have a high regard for Connor and I dont' find him boring in the least. Maybe compared to the Ezio they played he's 'boring'....... ?
I think playing Connor as a boy who grows up helps you bond & understand his character/personality. It was a really wise decision to do it that way.
But again, all I can say is, add in a relational personal side-story to our Protagonists - it helps us bond with them on a deeper level.

& the new animations they gave him are spectacular & satisfying. I see new moves & take downs all the time. wow.

>>>Originally Posted by psf22 http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8688541#post8688541) I actually enjoy it very much (too) that he's stoic but driven. Connor and the rope dart beat the **** out of the previous installments.

Nothing more satisfying than pulling the soldier into the bush with the ropedart. He's like Scorpion, but a real scorpion. <<<

I thought you could only use it to hang people off tree limbs overtop them?? Can't wait to try this today :D It could come in real handy in the Fontier

projectpat06
11-09-2012, 12:20 PM
^^^funny thing is Luke Skywalker does fall to the dark side in the third trilogy. But I agree, his naivety should stay to a degree. The older he got, the naive he became, and the less sh** he considered putting up with.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 12:31 PM
But again, all I can say is, add in a relational personal side-story to our Protagonists - it helps us bond with them on a deeper level.
Agree. There was like over 30 Homestead mission and it felt way too much. Half of them should've been missions centering on Ratonhnhaké:ton's village and his Native friends/relatives instead.

^^^funny thing is Luke Skywalker does fall to the dark side in the third trilogy. But I agree, his naivety should stay to a degree. The older he got, the naive he became, and the less sh** he considered putting up with.Third Trilogy? You talking some Expanded Universe stuff? That's not Lucas work anymore, so it's up to each writer's interpretation and if it happened than there should be a good reason because in Return of the Jedi, the Empreror teasing was just pointless because Luke never wanted or needed anything the Emperor wanted to offer him

projectpat06
11-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Third Trilogy? You talking some Expanded Universe stuff? That's not Lucas work anymore, so it's up to each writer's interpretation and if it happened than there should be a good reason because in Return of the Jedi, the Empreror teasing was just pointless because Luke never wanted or needed anything the Emperor wanted to offer him

guess we'll see what disney does with it now that they bought lucas film for $4 billion

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
guess we'll see what disney does with it now that they bought lucas film for $4 billion
For better or worse, I hope they don't contradict EU stuff. Too many people love what's in there already and Star Wars had always more or less one universe/canon. No reboots/disregarding tens of books & comics happened in the past 30 years.

Back to Ratonhnhaké:ton. People were complaining for years how "Altair is totally boring compared to Ezio etc etc". This is just prime evidence that cliche, archetype charming joke-cracking womanizers is what the audience blindly eats up and doesn't bother to think much of the more complex characters whom the writers did not write to be instantly loveable using every overplayed trick to make that happen.

psf22
11-09-2012, 05:34 PM
At Seq 6, I have a high regard for Connor and I dont' find him boring in the least. Maybe compared to the Ezio they played he's 'boring'....... ?
I think playing Connor as a boy who grows up helps you bond & understand his character/personality. It was a really wise decision to do it that way.

& the new animations they gave him are spectacular & satisfying. I see new moves & take downs all the time. wow.

>>>Originally Posted by psf22 http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8688541#post8688541) I actually enjoy it very much (too) that he's stoic but driven. Connor and the rope dart beat the **** out of the previous installments.

Nothing more satisfying than pulling the soldier into the bush with the ropedart. He's like Scorpion, but a real scorpion. <<<

I thought you could only use it to hang people off tree limbs overtop them?? Can't wait to try this today :D It could come in real handy in the Fontier

He's like a real scorpion allright! (Dig the Scorpion reference)

Rope dart: You can use it in pretty much in every situation. You can use it in trees, to hang someone (triangle/Y, then jump of the branch) or choke em to death (hold triangle/Y). From bushes (blend).. You can also use it during fights, just like most other tools like bow/gun/bombs etc, and use it as a mixup-link with your other weapons.. Works particularly well on the annoying adversaries for a quick knockdown and 1-shot kill.

RzaRecta357
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Love him also. But AC1 Altair is still my fav. His voice actor gives me shivers. Just so badass.

psf22
11-09-2012, 05:41 PM

Back to Ratonhnhaké:ton. People were complaining for years how "Altair is totally boring compared to Ezio etc etc". This is just prime evidence that cliche, archetype charming joke-cracking womanizers is what the audience blindly eats up and doesn't bother to think much of the more complex characters whom the writers did not write to be instantly loveable using every overplayed trick to make that happen.

What i like in this game is although you start out as a bit naive stoic type, the characters and the events around you form you into this veteran assassin. The other games didn't really do that, since you were like an assassin from the getgo. Not implying their stories sucked or were uninteresting, not at all. Just a different approach.

psf22
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Love him also. But AC1 Altair is still my fav. His voice actor gives me shivers. Just so badass.

His voice was perfect, no doubt! Especially when pulling off those arabic lines.

psf22
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Connor's defenitely my favorite assassin so far. He also has more personality than I expected, it's just expressed non-verbally. He'll fight for what is right. He fights for the better side of the human conditioning. Even if it kills him. Even if it's futile "Becuase no one else will".

A quote in itself.

FirestarLuva
11-09-2012, 07:12 PM

I think Connor is boring to some people because they are so used to Ezio and don't seem to accept there can be a better character than him. Fans of AC might consider Connor boring, but for people who have never played any AC game before, they say Connor is the best character ever, complex, unique, etc. And I'm not lying, as a writer in training I've visited many forums over the years where people discuss characters from books, and I've noticed how many people want characters like Connor, complex, flawed, introvert, have had a hard life. So, yeah, I think outside the AC world people see Connor in a different light, while some AC fans are so overshadowed by Ezio I doubt they'd ever come to accept someone who is different from him, be it Connor, Altair, or the future AC protagonists. Ezio may be the best character in gaming, but when it comes to other media, I think Connor will be loved by many. in the true sence of the word, Connor is not a flat, boring character with no personality. I guarantee it. The reality of him is what makes him the most in-depth characters I've every met in any media, I mean come on, how often are there characters with a personality like Connor in books, movies, games?
Today people seem to accept easy, likeable, charming characters like Ezio, like one of the above posters said, why would they bother digging inside the characters to see what they're really like, when they can have everything spoon fed to them. A character is a character who is loved and hated by fans, who makes mistakes and learns from them, who doesn't always win and achieve what he wants. Charming, easily-likeable doesn't mean a better character. Every author will tell you that.
But sadly, very often do characters like Connor get the attention they deserve in modern society. With Ezio, people enjoy his personality, his accent, are happy and proud when Ezio achieves great things, in the end they say he was a fun character, I say that too, but I don't feel much of a radiance from him. I feel, hollow. With Connor it was a whole different journey and I felt more for him when his story ended. I felt I was on that journey with Connor as well, his character and story felt a lot more real and I could connect to him more.

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 07:41 PM
And I'm not lying, as a writer in training I've visited many forums over the years where people discuss characters from books, and I've noticed how many people want characters like Connor , complex, flawed, introvert, have had a hard life.
"Emo" is the word I've been hearing the second any video game character starts whining. Misuse of the word is bad enough, but any introvert basically got the word slapped on him/her.

FirestarLuva
11-09-2012, 07:47 PM
"Emo" is the word I've been hearing the second any video game character starts whining. Misuse of the word is bad enough, but any introvert basically got the word slapped on him/her.

I know. Terrible. :S

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I think Connor is boring to some people because they are so used to Ezio and don't seem to accept there can be a better character than him. Fans of AC might consider Connor boring, but for people who have never played any AC game before, they say Connor is the best character ever, complex, unique, etc. And I'm not lying, as a writer in training I've visited many forums over the years where people discuss characters from books, and I've noticed how many people want characters like Connor , complex, flawed, introvert, have had a hard life. So, yeah, I think outside the AC world people see Connor in a different light, while some AC fans are so overshadowed by Ezio I doubt they'd ever come to accept someone who is different from him, be it Connor, Altair, or the future AC protagonists. Ezio may be the best character in gaming, but when it comes to other media, I think Connor will be loved by many. in the true sence of the word, Connor is not a flat, boring character with no personality. I guarantee it. The reality of him is what makes him the most in-depth characters I've every met in any media, I mean come on, how often are there characters with a personality like Connor in books, movies, games?
Today people seem to accept easy, likeable, charming characters like Ezio, since like one of the above posters said, why would they bother digging inside the characters to see what they're really like, when they can have everything spoon fed to them. A character is a character who is loved and hated by fans, who makes mistakes and learns from them, who doesn't always win and achieve what he wants. Charming, easily-likeable doesn't mean a better character. Every author will tell you that.
But sadly, very often do characters like Connor get the attention they deserve in modern society. With Ezio, people enjoy his personality, his accent, are happy and proud when Ezio achieves great things, in the end they say he was a fun character, I say that too, but I don't feel much of a radiance from him. I feel, hollow. With Connor it was a whole different journey and I felt more for him when his story ended. I felt I was on that journey with Connor as well, his character and story felt a lot more real and I could connect to him more.
Connor felt like a Samurai Jack to me. I loved Samurai Jack when I was young and seeing the similarities just made me that much happier. Its not often that you come across a Connor or a Jack. Not in real life nor in Media. Its Easy to come across many Ezios....

FirestarLuva
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Connor felt like a Samurai Jack to me. I loved Samurai Jack when I was young and seeing the similarities just made me that much happier. Its not often that you come across a Connor or a Jack. Not in real life nor in Media. Its Easy to come across many Ezios....

I know. I didn't use to love Samurai Jack when I was young, but now I love it. Now that you mentioned it, he really is similar to Connor. My cousins loved characters like Connor and Jack when they were young, today, sadly they're no better than most people when it comes to complex characters. When I asked them why they love Ezio more, their answer was it's because he's an italian...kill me!
So far, all the people I know that love Connor are writers/artists. I guess those kind of people have an entire different view on the world. I've been writing since I was 11 and my view has changed drastically ever since then. Haven't found my ambition then I would've been no better than those people I criticise today.

BATISTABUS
11-09-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure if it's the best game overall, but if the formula is perfected, it will surpass the other games by leaps and bounds. I really want an AC3 Brotherhood (per say), and I'd love to see the rest of Connor's story. It feels like we didn't get a whole lot of time to play as him (because of half of the game following the adventure of a certain other protagonist), but I thoroughly enjoyed everything about him. He's got some growing up to do, and I would very much like to witness it.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I know. I didn't used to love Samurai Jack when I was young, but now I love it. Now that you mentioned it, he really is similar to Connor. My cousins loved characters like Connor and Jack when they were young, today, sadly they're no better than most people when it comes to complex characters. When I asked them why they love Ezio more, their answer was it's because he's an italian...kill me!
So far, all the people I know that love Connor are writers/artists. I guess those kind of people have an entire different view on the world. I've been writing since I was 11 and my view has changed drastically ever since then. Haven't found my ambition then I would've been no better than those people I criticise today.
I think its just a matter of digging. truly focusing on what he says through the entire game..

His reaction to Putnam`s disrespect, his reaction to Achilles` racial Segregation comment, his reaction to Adams` dishonest approaches.

Connor is a Genius of a Character..

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
So far, all the people I know that love Connor are writers/artists.
Corey May would be proud.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Corey May would be proud.
He should just be proud that Assassin_M likes Connor..

Trust me, I`m so awesome.. I`ll tell him on twitter..and show you his reaction..

FirestarLuva
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Trust me, I`m so awesome.. I`ll tell him on twitter..and show you his reaction..

Do it! XD

MT4K
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM

Because yours is the only opinion that matters :rolleyes:

zhengyingli
11-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Do it! XD
I second that.

Assassin_M
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Because yours is the only opinion that matters :rolleyes:
Of course..

Imma do it right now..and post his reaction here *Shrugs*

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 08:25 PM
After initial doubts about Connor being a the "right" character.....I've warmed up to him,...he's still pretty 1D but his chemistry and banter with you know who made him more interesting. Plus he has one of the most interesting backgrounds in the franchise...duality.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
he's still pretty 1D
Urhm no

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Urhm no

Ok

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Ok
Great

shobhit7777777
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Great

Hug?

hyatari
11-09-2012, 09:24 PM
He's extremely one dimensional. Like a bad parody of some 'naive' thug. Rubbish.

raytrek79
11-09-2012, 11:09 PM
It feels to me that he is out of his depth, he has no real experience with western culture, except what he learns along the way. Politics, leadership strategy, character judgement and anticipation of bad guy goals and motives does not strike me as a strength in him, whereas Altair and Ezio were exceptional in these areas.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-09-2012, 11:17 PM
He's extremely one dimensional. Like a bad parody of some 'naive' thug. Rubbish.
It the arrogance he developed briefly part of that same one dimension? Is his longing for some kind of an affection from his father and obedience to him part of it too? Is his extreme brutality in combat on the same dimension as his child-like naivety and extremely righteous morals?

thekarlone
11-09-2012, 11:21 PM
AC3 is not the best AC yet, and I don't want more Connor games.

the_atm
11-09-2012, 11:46 PM
One of the best games but please dont't ruin connor like they did to Ezio, AC2 was epic, Brotherhood was getting old and revelations ruined ezio, I hate ezio now because they over did him. Leave Connor alone now.