PDA

View Full Version : Can you please Beef Up the Bow's Range and make it a Silent Weapon

HellSniper666
11-05-2012, 03:03 AM
The bow should have about 20% more Range and Power and should be silent, I can kill a enemy with their back to me up in a tree, roof or brush and his partners automatically know where Im at. Annoying

JonnyisNQ
11-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Agreed, its ridiculous you can only shoot people that are a certain distance away and that its not totally silent, I think the best way to counter this would be upgrade the damage and make it so you do not have to lock on to people to fire the bow, you should be able to shoot it at anything like the bow in Red Dead Redemption.

HellSniper666
11-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Agreed, its ridiculous you can only shoot people that are a certain distance away and that its not totally silent, I think the best way to counter this would be upgrade the damage and make it so you do not have to lock on to people to fire the bow, you should be able to shoot it at anything like the bow in Red Dead Redemption.
They should make it like in Skyrim

HellSniper666
11-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Also the Dev's mentioned the Bow was a Silent weapon, But as we can see it is not. Do you think this could be a bug?

HellSniper666
11-05-2012, 11:57 PM
We cannot be the only ones that feel this way?

AssassinGame1
11-06-2012, 12:06 AM
I agree, the bows arrows don't go far. its range is not good enough. I have been waiting to get AC3 and exited to play with the bow, but all this time, it sucked

Pr0metheus 1962
11-06-2012, 12:14 AM
I agree. Real bows have at least 4 times the range of the bow in the game. Sadly, increased range probably has an adverse effect on framerate, as the program has to place hit boxes (or whatever mechanic the game uses) on every animal within a certain radius of the player, and as the radius expands, it requires exponentially more computing power. I think reducing the effective range of weapons to 25 meters is probably one of the compromises they made to get the game to appear so densely populated.

I also agree that it should be silent. This ought to be an easier fix.

NinjaOnFire
11-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Bow in red dead redemption? Wut?

clerg
11-06-2012, 12:57 AM
You have to hide right away after letting an arrow loose if you're shooting a guy that is close to another guy. The bow is silent but they will search for you if they see an arrow sticking out of a friends back. Which they should, I think. Being stealthy is way harder in this game than the others. Set yourself up to where you have a place to hide immediately after you've shot the bow. Like behind a tree or other side of a rooftop. Wait until they are done scanning the area before you strike again. It's definitely a skill. I was the same way at first and now I freaking love it. One time there were two red coats having a conversation, walking through the forest. I started stalking them using the trees. They both stopped walking and continued their conversation facing each other. I set myself up on a limb to where I could back up around the trunk of the tree to the other side after my first shot. I took out the first red coat and slipped around the tree. The second red coat scanned the area and didn't see anything. When he bent down to check on his comrade, a bobcat came out of nowhere and killed him! I then air assassinated the bobcat and it was all over. Awesome...

zhengyingli
11-06-2012, 01:00 AM
You have to hide right away after letting an arrow loose if you're shooting a guy that is close to another guy. The bow is silent but they will search for you if they see an arrow sticking out of a friends back. Which they should, I think. Being stealthy is way harder in this game than the others. Set yourself up to where you have a place to hide immediately after you've shot the bow. Like behind a tree or other side of a rooftop. Wait until they are done scanning the area before you strike again. It's definitely a skill. I was the same way at first and now I freaking love it. One time there were two red coats having a conversation, walking through the forest. I started stalking them using the trees. They both stopped walking and continued their conversation facing each other. I set myself up on a limb to where I could back up around the trunk of the tree to the other side after my first shot. I took out the first red coat and slipped around the tree. The second red coat scanned the area and didn't see anything. When he bent down to check on his comrade, a bobcat came out of nowhere and killed him! I then air assassinated the bobcat and it was all over. Awesome...
Just to add to your post: Try firing your gun while hiding, the guards will still chase after you. That's the difference.

SAYIWONT1990
11-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Just found out today you can take out 2 people with one shot from the bow don't know if it's a glitch or what but I've done it several times on the trail going to the hunting cabin there are 2 blue coats that walk in a line I shot the one closes to me and they both dropped

Free_Hidings
11-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Yeah uhm... Regardless of how "Silent" it is, if you are standing next to your friend and suddenly an arrows peaks out through his chest, you are obviously going to be alarmed and look around for the shooter. It might not make noise upon entry but no doubt the man groaning or collapsing next to you will arouse suspicion. As previously mentioned, if you hide immediately after shooting, the chase won't be triggered. The bow is silent.

blacklimoband
11-06-2012, 03:41 AM
/signed....

It really sucks that you can't put an arrow in their knee past 20 paces :(

HellSniper666
11-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Just to add to your post: Try firing your gun while hiding, the guards will still chase after you. That's the difference.Lol, A Bow and a Pistol make a differnec in noise....They dropped the ball on this and Altair's Outfit.

Jexx21
11-06-2012, 04:13 AM
Lol, no. Guards can't find you if shoot one and then hide before they can find you. But if you're hiding and use the pistol they'll still find you.

HellSniper666
11-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Lol, no. Guards can't find you if shoot one and then hide before they can find you. But if you're hiding and use the pistol they'll still find you.Honestly, I cannot see the difference between the two. I just know the Bow should be silent

zhengyingli
11-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Lol, A Bow and a Pistol make a differnec in noise....They dropped the ball on this and Altair's Outfit.

I tried shooting a guard from a rooftop, and shifted out of the line of sight of the other soldiers immediately. Didn't get caught. Use the same tactic but with a gun, the bad guys will go after you immediately.

Jexx21
11-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Honestly, I cannot see the difference between the two. I just know the Bow should be silent
It is silent. You have to hide after you shoot though..

HellSniper666
11-06-2012, 04:25 AM
It is silent. You have to hide after you shoot though..Well it should be evern more silent with 20% more range and pop imo

Jexx21
11-06-2012, 04:29 AM
So you want it to be easier..

HellSniper666
11-06-2012, 04:32 AM
So you want it to be easier..No just realistic, You ever shot a Bow before?

Jexx21
11-06-2012, 04:34 AM
Nah, Im not on ya about the range.

Just the fact that you want to make it silent when it already is.

blacklimoband
11-06-2012, 05:32 AM
No just realistic, You ever shot a Bow before?

yes, and a bow is not exactly a silent weapon. If you are close enough to the shooter you can clearly hear the snap of the string. Increasing the range is all that should be required to make it realistic (if you're far enough away the other guys ain't gonna see you when the start looking for the shooter, or you'll have more time to scoot behind a tree or into a pile of leaves etc)

HellSniper666
11-09-2012, 10:56 PM
yes, and a bow is not exactly a silent weapon. If you are close enough to the shooter you can clearly hear the snap of the string. Increasing the range is all that should be required to make it realistic (if you're far enough away the other guys ain't gonna see you when the start looking for the shooter, or you'll have more time to scoot behind a tree or into a pile of leaves etc)
See that is the thing, Im shooting from the Bow's Max range and Im alertling guys even further away

pb0yd1
11-09-2012, 11:34 PM
i think your find ,its the soldier whith the arrow in his body that useally ,brings the attention .
My bow must be all , suppressed up .