PDA

View Full Version : I'm restarting from the beginning!

JACKEDRAM1500
11-05-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm on sequence 11 and i have missed so much of the game. I didn't do any of the homestead missions so i can't level up any artisans to create things. I basically played the whole game with the default weapons because i didn't know where general stores were so that ruined it for me.

Sad thing is the story sucks and is a complete grind imo. Having to do most of it again just to get back to assassin is not something i'm looking forward too. The fact that they implemented the sequence specific artisan recruiting has ruined the game for me completely.

I can't believe how blind they leave you in a sandbox game like this. Nothing shown on the map so all you see is the main story missions and hidden stores with no hints of where to find them.

This is my first AC game and it really leaves new players in the dark and then punishes them for not knowing.

JonnyisNQ
11-05-2012, 02:38 AM
I'm shocked at how much you have to find out for yourself in this game compared with other AC games, sure I'm not asking them to hold my hand throughout, but give me some hints lol, I never found out about homestead or how to create upgrades until I finished the game, (Btw all the homestead missions are unlocked after you complete the story!)

AssassinVenice
11-05-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm on sequence 11 and i have missed so much of the game. I didn't do any of the homestead missions so i can't level up any artisans to create things. I basically played the whole game with the default weapons because i didn't know where general stores were so that ruined it for me.

Sad thing is the story sucks and is a complete grind imo. Having to do most of it again just to get back to assassin is not something i'm looking forward too. The fact that they implemented the sequence specific artisan recruiting has ruined the game for me completely.

I can't believe how blind they leave you in a sandbox game like this. Nothing shown on the map so all you see is the main story missions and hidden stores with no hints of where to find them.

This is my first AC game and it really leaves new players in the dark and then punishes them for not knowing.

Okay, so I respect your opinion and I see what you're gonna do there.

Me, I'm going to replay the whole game again, leveling up my pouches, etc., but I have to disagree on one thing you said:

THE STORY DOESN'T SUCK MY FRIEND!

It is one of the best of it's kind, actually, with plot twists that are very rare these days.

Berrg3
11-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Firstly, Story was not that bad.
Secondly. since your new, your map does no show you anything until you explored it first OR synchronized on a viewpoint. The game told you this at the beginning dude.

JACKEDRAM1500
11-05-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm shocked at how much you have to find out for yourself in this game compared with other AC games, sure I'm not asking them to hold my hand throughout, but give me some hints lol, I never found out about homestead or how to create upgrades until I finished the game, (Btw all the homestead missions are unlocked after you complete the story!)

I have homestead missions to do but they aren't going to level up my craftsmen so it's pointless. I want to create the Washington sword and all the other cool weapons that have to be crafted but since i missed the mission during th sequence i'm sol.

Or is that not the case? Because it's stated in nearly every guide on the internet. DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR A FACT IF YOU CAN STILL UPGRADE THE CRAFTSMEN???

HellSniper666
11-05-2012, 03:27 AM

No need too, I did absolutely nothing and completed the story and then done everything afterwards except for the Washington dialog

hyatari
11-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Firstly, Story was not that bad.
Secondly. since your new, your map does no show you anything until you explored it first OR synchronized on a viewpoint. The game told you this at the beginning dude.

Nice patronising post. There are a lot of things they fail to explain properly, yet bombard you with meaningless cut scene after cut scene. No wonder people forget things or don't remember them, as they're too busy trying to stay awake...

JonnyisNQ
11-05-2012, 03:28 AM
I have homestead missions to do but they aren't going to level up my craftsmen so it's pointless. I want to create the Washington sword and all the other cool weapons that have to be crafted but since i missed the mission during th sequence i'm sol.

Or is that not the case? Because it's stated in nearly every guide on the internet. DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR A FACT IF YOU CAN STILL UPGRADE THE CRAFTSMEN???

Yes the homestead missions will still upgrade the artisans even if you do the missions after you finish the main story, I know because I done it, played the whole thing without knowing what the homestead missions done, then found out went back and done them.

JonnyisNQ
11-05-2012, 03:30 AM
No need too, I did absolutely nothing and completed the story and then done everything afterwards except for the Washington dialog

Is it still possible after the main story to listen to the all the Washington dialogs or no?

willstannard
11-05-2012, 03:31 AM
Did.

HellSniper666
11-05-2012, 03:34 AM
Is it still possible after the main story to listen to the all the Washington dialogs or no?All I get is to play that dang bowling with him, I never could beat him, Maybe if you beat him he will talk somemore.....Dont know yet

Berrg3
11-05-2012, 03:45 AM
You guys are the worst gamers I have seen, The game explained to you everything, homestead missions, crafting and so on. It is you who failed to either read or understand, in which case you should improve on your english. OR AT LEAST TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT. Sure there were useless cutscenes but hey, cutscenes are nice.

JACKEDRAM1500
11-05-2012, 03:53 AM
Yes the homestead missions will still upgrade the artisans even if you do the missions after you finish the main story, I know because I done it, played the whole thing without knowing what the homestead missions done, then found out went back and done them.

Have you been able to "fully" upgrade them tho. I think that's the issue is that the artisans level up in between sequences and if you have no sequences left to do then they can't level up. It seems odd that the guides for leveling them have this as a main point, as in don't miss these point because they don't come again type thing.

Way to many things in this game are leff to chance imo. They need to simplify and make it work properly.

zhengyingli
11-05-2012, 04:08 AM
You guys are the worst gamers I have seen, The game explained to you everything, homestead missions, crafting and so on. It is you who failed to either read or understand, in which case you should improve on your english. OR AT LEAST TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT. Sure there were useless cutscenes but hey, cutscenes are nice.
I have to be honest, the tutorials are probably too quick for most to remember afterwards, including me. I only understand the system now due to spending some time experimenting. But, I actually like it when the game doesn't hold my hand. Just like old days. At least it's not as cryptic as Simon's Quest red ruby ducking tornado trick.

hyatari
11-05-2012, 04:29 AM

Hold up, we got a bada$$ over here...

InsanityGamer
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I feel the same way, It never felt important to do the liberation missions or homestead missions. I think I should go back and do them again as well.