PDA

View Full Version : The Ending And Why It's Not Bad [OBVIOUS SPOILERS]

dewgel
11-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Okay, I for one think the ending was fine. I have no problem with it. It's what the series needed. Corey May never once said people would like it, if anything he said some won't. But he promised closure, which ALOT of people have been asking for..

The reason we're all disappointed is because the bar had been set so high in previous AC games.

The end of the AC1 had a crazy projection of the Earth with loads of areas we can go
AC2 had the vault ending, and the Dec 2012 conspiracy thing revealed
ACB had, well, Lucy's death and telling them where to go (Grand Temple)

ACRs ending was as good, but it could've been better.

There's no way they could reach the bar they had hit without milking things. Corey said there'd be no cliff hanger, just simple closure to the story.

So people, please stop flaming it. It's done, it's ended. There's no changing it. That's the way the story had to go. I think it was really clever and a lot better than I thought it would work.

Radman500
11-04-2012, 10:43 PM
No the ending sucked and your a fanboy that will eat up anything ubisoft feeds you

AltairCBM
11-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Okay, I for one think the ending was fine. I have no problem with it. It's what the series needed. Corey May never once said people would like it, if anything he said some won't. But he promised closure, which ALOT of people have been asking for..

The reason we're all disappointed is because the bar had been set so high in previous AC games.

The end of the AC1 had a crazy projection of the Earth with loads of areas we can go
AC2 had the vault ending, and the Dec 2012 conspiracy thing revealed
ACB had, well, Lucy's death and telling them where to go (Grand Temple)

ACRs ending was as good, but it could've been better.

There's no way they could reach the bar they had hit without milking things. Corey said there'd be no cliff hanger, just simple closure to the story.

So people, please stop flaming it. It's done, it's ended. There's no changing it. That's the way the story had to go. I think it was really clever and a lot better than I thought it would work.

Closure? What closure? Who was Eve then? Why did we need her DNA, or to find her in Eden? What did Juno's speech at the end of Brotherhood mean then? What about all the Truth videos? We got no closure, they killed off our only hope of it.

Element CL
11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
There's a huge cliffhanger. What is this Juno lady going to do exactly? Are just to assume she has her way (whatever that is exactly) and that's it? Pretty lame.

Radman500
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
What abot eve and eden dna what about truth video no closure

AltairCBM
11-04-2012, 10:49 PM
What abot eve and eden dna what about truth video no closure

Exactly my thoughts as well. No closure, just another stupid *** cliffhanger.

Element CL
11-04-2012, 10:51 PM
I almost get the feeling that they put to too much mysterious background into the series and now they can't figure out what the hell they can do with it.

dewgel
11-04-2012, 10:54 PM
No the ending sucked and your a fanboy that will eat up anything ubisoft feeds you

Be a bit more constructive with your hate and maybe someone will pay attention to you.

As for the Eve thing etc, Corey said some things will be kept open for future games, but other things will be closed. The main closure was Desmond, people kept on saying he had to go, so he's gone.

Seriously, I have no problem with the ending, even if it's not a massive dramatic ending, the actual game itself is amazing, full of all the twists and turns you'd ever want in an AC game.

clyde252525
11-05-2012, 12:00 AM
What closure? Why do you have this need to argue people over this, there obviously was no closure. So many things left unanswered.

clyde252525
11-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Be a bit more constructive with your hate and maybe someone will pay attention to you.

As for the Eve thing etc, Corey said some things will be kept open for future games, but other things will be closed. The main closure was Desmond, people kept on saying he had to go, so he's gone.

Seriously, I have no problem with the ending, even if it's not a massive dramatic ending, the actual game itself is amazing, full of all the twists and turns you'd ever want in an AC game.

he only wants your attention, and he got it.

p.s - the twists in the game were amazing.

F4H bandicoot
11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Closure? What closure? Who was Eve then? Why did we need her DNA, or to find her in Eden? What did Juno's speech at the end of Brotherhood mean then? What about all the Truth videos? We got no closure, they killed off our only hope of it.

We find Juno in 'Eden', We use Juno's DNA to 'save the world'.

Therefore, Juno could be Eve.

If you put some thought into the ending, it makes sense.

Acrimonious_Nin
11-05-2012, 12:18 AM
I can't believe that this game did not show us who eve was or this mysterious girl that Juno said would accompany us....nor did we find this DNA key thing other than 'his' DNA key thing which wasn't what everyone expected...Clay pretty much died in vain if this is what we get as 'closure' to a prolonged story that was nothing more than a repetitive message throughout the series about TWCB burning and stuff. BTW I am only talking about story line the gameplay is FUN !.....>_>...

If anyone wants a spoiler to this game's story line ending, you should just watch The Matrix Revolutions or read the book of Mathew...tired out unoriginal story about hope, sacrifice, and salvation...we did not see Desmond turn into the ultimate assassin....actually we saw him get punched by his dad and he didn't even fight back....>_> after he said he would....

Vidic and Daniel Cross....I bet everyone thought we would see a really epic fight to get to these guys vs Desmond....:( yeah.....epic* conclusion to these people ending like ....u.u

This game's story line trolled me

* This game did not end in a bang like one would expect, but in a whimper. u.u

IlDiv0
11-05-2012, 02:02 AM

It's about as bad as an ending can get. Just barely above Mass Effect 3 level bad. And both (coincedentally) attempt to solve their main conflicts in the last 5-10 minutes of the story, without any actual build-up to a solution. As great as Connor's story was, it was all filler, from the perspective of the overarching narrative. Desmond spends the entire experience just trying to get through another door, leaving no time for the writers to kick in an actual method of stopping the solar flare.

Magically, the story shifted from Desmond finding a way to stop the apocalypse, to suddenly a magic solution already existing. Desmond's just the guy with the key. It's a shame, since otherwise I was enjoying Desmond's sequences very much.

clyde252525
11-05-2012, 05:21 AM
major cop out in order to have another game and to take more of our money.

clyde252525
11-05-2012, 05:22 AM
I bet it had something to do with the producers; I refuse to believe that the writer who carved this series' story out so beautifully would throw it away in such a cheap way.

pirate1802
11-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Closure for Desmond: Yep we got that.
Closure for the overarching story: No we didn't get that, but was that ever promised?

projectpat06
11-05-2012, 06:58 AM

Exactly. I liked it. It wasn't the most epic ending to say the least but it was decent. AC games always leave a lot of stuff out for people to use their heads and ponder over it.

Juno said he had to find eve. Like you said, Juno could very well be Eve. All AC games take references from religions and history and twist them to make a story. Eve betrayed "god" and stole the Apple. This could have been for power. That Truth video could have been Juno with her husband that she ends up killing. Her husband I think is not part of the Ones that came before which could explain why the dna eagle sense in in certain humans like desmond.

When desmond activated Juno's DNA, it's most likely that's Eve's DNA he activated to save the world. She never said what would be the consequences. That's a major theme of the game really, Every good deed Connor tries to do ultimately has consequences as well and he endures punishment for it starting with his mother's death.