PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 a bad example? UBISOFT PAY ATTENTION [spoilers]

morganzy98
11-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Before i get to any point, i wish to clarify that what i say here is my opinion, not fact. I am hoping however that many people share my opinion so that Ubisoft can take heed of the matter. If you don't agree with what i say, then don't post hate. Simply just leave the page. However if you do agree, then please alert others of this thread so that it can get Ubisofts attention.

Now i myself had an IMMENSE amount of hype for AC3. However i was met with disappointment with several things. The majority which Ubiisoft got right with the Ezio trilogy. they didn't do so well in AC3.

- Connor had only one personality - Anger. Ezio had the best of many worlds and was a charmer, comedian and even a serious guy at times which made him probably one of the most beloved characters in gaming. However, Connor's consistent attitude was always Anger with no humor or any change at all. This made him barley likable, and even at the end i didn't enjoy his company. I wish Ubisoft changes this, or creates a new assassin.

- The Game Mechanics were what made AC2 a success. Every game in Ezio trilogy added new mechanics and tweaking others, while barely taking any features away. AC3 however, only tweaked upon existing mechanics and added very few new things. I found they took out more game mechanics than put in, and those game mechanics were working ones! The economy system was a fine example. Having the long-time ability to purchase heaps of Armour, weapons, assassin colors and more was horrifically streamlined and stripped down, making any currency you earn useless. Also having to furiously place your finger down on the trigger tp run wasn't much of an advantage. Too many times i was in a chase where i failed because Connor slowed down as i was not pressing on the trigger properly. In AC2, simply holding down the trigger slightly and pressing a face button made the matter easier and more flexible.

-This one some people might not agree with, but Desmonds Story is the spine of the Series. The franchise even. The reason that your even in the past is because of the modern day plot of having to save the world, and the series wouldn't be as good (in my opinion) if the next game didn't have anything based around Desmond or Desmond's story. This is why i think many can agree with me on the subject of Desmonds closure. Ubisoft have said for a while that this game would be Desmonds final curtain call, and they promised the opposite of a Mass Effect 3 ending. However in the end, we were treated with the possibility of a multiple choice ending *spoilers here*

Either save the world at your sacrifice and release Juno

Allow the destruction to continue and forge a new world through your command.

The entire speech given by Minerva and Juno set the player up, believing they would be allowed to pick the ending. But no, we were forced to go with the desicion that i think everyone rather would have avoided. So after the course of 5 games, Desmond dies and he releases a vengeful goddess upon the world. Happy ending right?! Unless Ubisoft were to conjure up a reason for desmond to have a vital role in the next game, or to at least continue the story to try and stop Juno, then they might as well stop the games here.

All in all, this is a poor example of 3 years of hype. I still loved the game, but due to the amount of Hype that Ubisoft threw up, i can expect people will be angry.

Im hoping that Ubisoft see's this and takes this into account, but i doubt they will unless it gains significant attention from those who share my thoughts. Remember, this is merely my opinion. If you don't share my opinion, just leave and no hate be posted. If you agree though, please share and spread the word.

T_SauceY
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I agree. I mean the controls I can deal with because you eventually get use to it but the way that Desmond's story ended was stupid as hell.. I Feel really unsatisfied after playing all previous games..

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
- Connor had only one personality - Anger. Ezio had the best of many worlds and was a charmer, comedian and even a serious guy at times which made him probably one of the most beloved characters in gaming. However, Connor's consistent attitude was always Anger with no humor or any change at all. This made him barley likable, and even at the end i didn't enjoy his company. I wish Ubisoft changes this, or creates a new assassin.
He shows anger, yeah. He also shows a great deal of compassion and tolerance, of hope, confusion, regret and a sense of humour. Its just all a lot more subtle than other characters because he is introverted.

Your complaint about the running control makes no sense. So its the games fault that you don't hold down the trigger? Yet someone in previous games holding both the trigger and the X/A button is easier? I could agree that at times it can be annoying when Connor starts climbing something when you merely wished to run around a corner or somesuch, though.

AltairCBM
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
I agree. I mean the controls I can deal with because you eventually get use to it but the way that Desmond's story ended was stupid as hell.. I Feel really unsatisfied after playing all previous games..

Not to mention they didn't answer ANY of our questions...again....

morganzy98
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Sorry for any confusion with that complaint. I myself found it an easier control scheme in the Ezio trilogy. Even if you lightly held the trigger and held down the A/X button you would be in full free-run. What was annoying in AC3 is that if you didn't have full pressure on the trigger the entire time, you would not be in full free run

Legendz54
11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Do you really expect a native Americans village that was burned down and his mother killed in the process to have charisma??

morganzy98
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Compared to Ezio where he lost his brother, younger brother, father and his girlfriend to Templars, yes. I did expect him to have charisma. More actually seeing as he suffered less loss than ezio

JCearlyyears
11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
This thread haS spoilers and should be in the hints and tips section, spoilers ahead. [SPOILERS]

Demond's story in AC3... it is like training to climb a mountain, preparing for a really long time, and finally travelling to the mountain to go climb it, then you only take a few steps up the mountain and then you get bored and call a helicopter to fly you to the top of the mountain, then at the top, you got to the top, yay, but you are dead in the helicopter before you can actually see the top. It made the past four games seem almost useless. How anticlimactic. If it would have been a longer ending and had a lot of detail and emotional impact like happiness that he saved the world, and sadness that he might be dead, and more thought, like the team saying goodbye, hugs maybe, maybe cutscene interaction like brotherhoods ending, and explanation that goes deeper into TWCB, then it would have made it easier, but for me personally, I've been pissed off that Desmond barely gets any screen time or gameplay throughout the series, and this was a final slap to the face with his death. It seemed like barely work was put into Desmond's side. The character models for civilians looked like they were on PS2. Maybe it was a graphical issue... and it was basically about opening a door again. I love the game, but really? Opening a door again? Why did they have to turn the story this way? What's done is done, let's hope that they put much more work into the modern day story next time, to the point where the modern day story rivals the historical one, where people would actually have a problem choosing which one is their favorite.

dewgel
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
He shows anger, yeah. He also shows a great deal of compassion and tolerance, of hope, confusion, regret and a sense of humour. Its just all a lot more subtle than other characters because he is introverted.

Your complaint about the running control makes no sense. So its the games fault that you don't hold down the trigger? Yet someone in previous games holding both the trigger and the X/A button is easier? I could agree that at times it can be annoying when Connor starts climbing something when you merely wished to run around a corner or somesuch, though.

Thank you.

Connor's personality is brilliant. Everyone's complaining about it, he's had a totally different upbringing to Ezio and Altair.

Ezio was brought up a normal boy with money and women, he had a great life full of charisma.
Altair was brought up in the Assassin Order, full of Assassin's and fighting, he had no personality he was simply angry.
Connor was brought up a native American, not knowing anything of the outside world. His mother burnt alive infront of him, then a crazy artefact tells him to seek out a logo. Connor is raised with the Assassin's under 1 man. An old man who is withering away and failed the order many years prior to meeting him.

How can anyone expect Connor to be all noble and charismatic?

Escappa
11-04-2012, 11:22 PM
First of all, since you spoil the ending there should be a spoiler warning in the thread-title.

And second, the two stories ( Ezio story & Connor story ) can't be compered to each other IMO. Ezio was a charmer because he grew up in peace and harmony with plenty of girls outside his window, and therefor he's also coloured by that later in life. But Connor grew up in a small village with 30 people tops, and was taught that the nature was holy. Then he sees war and sees what the people do to the nature and each other. Of course he get's angry. I think it's like compere Jack the ripper to Charlie Sheen.

(I also felt more for Connor since he had something to loose and fight for, Ezio was great but he didn't have anything left to fight for except fighting templars 'couse it's his "duty")

Legendz54
11-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Compared to Ezio where he lost his brother, younger brother, father and his girlfriend to Templars, yes. I did expect him to have charisma. More actually seeing as he suffered less loss than ezio

thats the most unrealistic thing about Ezio , he lost almost his entire family, yet his emotions didn't change except charm and chasing woman. Atleast Connor changed from a happy child to a badass when his village was burned down.

Acrimonious_Nin
11-05-2012, 12:07 AM
*SPOILERS....BELOW...ALL OF IT...

I have to admit...I can NOT believe I waited 5 ****ing years just to watch the Matrix Revolutions ending in a Desmond skin__-_-__

I mean I might have just read the New Testiment (bible) if I wanted to see a tired and not original ending too a story about hope and salvation.....this is disappointing...and I really loved this game....more of Desmond? we got 3 levels that we can't even go back and play...Ultimate Assassin ? more like Sacrificed on the spite of a stretched out game meant to eat through my pockets lmao.

on a different ♪.....<_< It is fun playing with Connor and killing both red and blue coats...Connor's story was the best between him and Desmond...Desmond sucked. Daniel was like dust in the wind...so was Vidic....I really thought Desmond's story would be a little more ....idk....EPIC! lol

Gameplay: AWESOME
Story line: thumbs down :( a long build up in the series just to be left hanging to dry....>:(

P.S Juno was ****ing bad ***. The only way I am ever getting on board AC is if we get to see a movie about TWCB....that's it just them and nothing more than their little slaves......>_> or a game about Clay.

thePhilCasper
12-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Before i get to any point, i wish to clarify that what i say here is my opinion, not fact. I am hoping however that many people share my opinion so that Ubisoft can take heed of the matter. If you don't agree with what i say, then don't post hate. Simply just leave the page. However if you do agree, then please alert others of this thread so that it can get Ubisofts attention.

Now i myself had an IMMENSE amount of hype for AC3. However i was met with disappointment with several things. The majority which Ubiisoft got right with the Ezio trilogy. they didn't do so well in AC3.

- The Game Mechanics were what made AC2 a success. Every game in Ezio trilogy added new mechanics and tweaking others, while barely taking any features away. AC3 however, only tweaked upon existing mechanics and added very few new things. I found they took out more game mechanics than put in, and those game mechanics were working ones! The economy system was a fine example. Having the long-time ability to purchase heaps of Armour, weapons, assassin colors and more was horrifically streamlined and stripped down, making any currency you earn useless. Also having to furiously place your finger down on the trigger tp run wasn't much of an advantage. Too many times i was in a chase where i failed because Connor slowed down as i was not pressing on the trigger properly. In AC2, simply holding down the trigger slightly and pressing a face button made the matter easier and more flexible.

-This one some people might not agree with, but Desmonds Story is the spine of the Series. The franchise even. The reason that your even in the past is because of the modern day plot of having to save the world, and the series wouldn't be as good (in my opinion) if the next game didn't have anything based around Desmond or Desmond's story. This is why i think many can agree with me on the subject of Desmonds closure. Ubisoft have said for a while that this game would be Desmonds final curtain call, and they promised the opposite of a Mass Effect 3 ending. However in the end, we were treated with the possibility of a multiple choice ending *spoilers here*

Either save the world at your sacrifice and release Juno

Allow the destruction to continue and forge a new world through your command.

The entire speech given by Minerva and Juno set the player up, believing they would be allowed to pick the ending. But no, we were forced to go with the desicion that i think everyone rather would have avoided. So after the course of 5 games, Desmond dies and he releases a vengeful goddess upon the world. Happy ending right?! Unless Ubisoft were to conjure up a reason for desmond to have a vital role in the next game, or to at least continue the story to try and stop Juno, then they might as well stop the games here.

All in all, this is a poor example of 3 years of hype. I still loved the game, but due to the amount of Hype that Ubisoft threw up, i can expect people will be angry.

Im hoping that Ubisoft see's this and takes this into account, but i doubt they will unless it gains significant attention from those who share my thoughts. Remember, this is merely my opinion. If you don't share my opinion, just leave and no hate be posted. If you agree though, please share and spread the word.

There are no happy endings... But you are right - We wanted a proper one that ends all major conflicts and solves things... Which is something that Ubisoft failed to do - WHAT A SHAME :(

Anyway, hereīs my petition to change ACIII ending - Donīt hate me for that. Itīs my petition and Iīm not forcing anyone ...

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-montreal-ubisoft-change-the-ending-of-desmond-miles-in-assassin-%CC%81s-creed-iii-video-game?fb_action_ids=300655790035162&fb_action_types=change-org%3Arecruit&fb_ref=__YUCTQtdVpL&fb_source=timeline_og&action_object_map=%7B%22300655790035162%22%3A48776 5484579102%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22300655790035162%22%3A%22chan ge-org%3Arecruit%22%7D&action_ref_map=%7B%22300655790035162%22%3A%22__YUC TQtdVpL%22%7D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petition-For-An-Alternative-Assassins-Creed-Ending/452186598150448

thePhilCasper
12-01-2012, 06:22 PM
thats the most unrealistic thing about Ezio , he lost almost his entire family, yet his emotions didn't change except charm and chasing woman. Atleast Connor changed from a happy child to a badass when his village was burned down.

People are unique, you know. Ezio was charismatic and had a hard personality that didnīt change him. Connor was melancholic and what he experienced in his childhood broke him the same as Altair. They both experienced the start of their struggle too soon. They were too young. But Altair was stubborn enough to never admit or show it. Desmondīs personality turned weak in his childhood because he saw his life meaningless and he had no freedom at that moment. So he escaped from Assassins but he couldnīt got far. Then he saw the lives of his ancestors in the Animus and he learned something from each one of them. He was lucky - Itīs always only the question of luck what personality we have and that events we experience arenīt hard enough to broke that ours. SO DO YOU BOTH FINALLY UNDERSTAND THAT NO MAN CAN BE LIKE THE OTHER?! ITīS IMPOSSIBLE.

thePhilCasper
12-01-2012, 06:31 PM
*SPOILERS....BELOW...ALL OF IT...

I have to admit...I can NOT believe I waited 5 ****ing years just to watch the Matrix Revolutions ending in a Desmond skin__-_-__

I mean I might have just read the New Testiment (bible) if I wanted to see a tired and not original ending too a story about hope and salvation.....this is disappointing...and I really loved this game....more of Desmond? we got 3 levels that we can't even go back and play...Ultimate Assassin ? more like Sacrificed on the spite of a stretched out game meant to eat through my pockets lmao.

on a different ♪.....<_< It is fun playing with Connor and killing both red and blue coats...Connor's story was the best between him and Desmond...Desmond sucked. Daniel was like dust in the wind...so was Vidic....I really thought Desmond's story would be a little more ....idk....EPIC! lol

Gameplay: AWESOME
Story line: thumbs down :( a long build up in the series just to be left hanging to dry....>:(

P.S Juno was ****ing bad ***. The only way I am ever getting on board AC is if we get to see a movie about TWCB....that's it just them and nothing more than their little slaves......>_> or a game about Clay.

Game could be good only if ending would be good as well... Youīre right it was so unoriginal and bad ending. Desmondīs missions werenīt so awful though. Iīm glad that he didnīt change to some kind of "Ultimate bloody assassin". I liked that he still was "just Desmond" with his peculiar personality. Abstergo was epic enough for me. What was everyone expecting? Desmond and his team fight 100000000 Templars somewhere in epic hyper-modern building? Come on.

Ending = 0%
Whole game = 70% (Because of ending)

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 07:22 PM

ezio lost his brothers and fathers because his father was an assassin. ezio was 17 and was close to leaving the house to start his own stuff.

connor was 5 years old and lost his single mother to a fire, simply because white colonist were racist... had a father that was never around.

you are clueless if you think something like that should inspire charisma, and in my opinion connors lost was not only more impactful but also more relatable... how many people are raised by a single mother? thaere dad is never around? there one parent died in a fire that wasn't her fault? .....

now tell me how many people had the whole male half of there family hung because his dad was an assassin?

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 07:23 PM
you also sound as if you want an ezio clone and that discredits you in my eyes

pirate1802
12-01-2012, 07:37 PM
you also sound as if you want an ezio clone and that discredits you in my eyes

Your enthusiasm in defending Connor always fills my heart with happiness..

rupok2
12-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't agree with your thoughts on connor. Ezio was a teenager when he lost his family and in turn could cope with it, connor saw his village and his mother burned alive when he was just a kid still innocent. People are not the same. Connor was much more realistic than Ezio but they are both great in their own ways. Connor was not only angry, he was kind and honest to some but threatening and angry towards others. He had a purpose towards the world and to his people. He had a psycological battle with the templars because everything in the world is different shades of grey. During ezio's time many of the characters were black and white, good and evil whereas during connors time most of the villians saw what they did as right.

However that doesn't mean I thought the game was better than previous games. Ac2 for example had a much better pacing and the modern part of the story was much better. It was shorouded in mystery/ conspiracies rather than the ridiculous plot it has become now. The control scheme in future games need change, 1 button for free running is not a good idea. I hate the fact that I try to go around objects but the game makes the character start climbing it, it is 10X worse where many of the missions are chase/follow missions. Ac needs to fix its controls in the future for freerunning/parkour. The combat controls on the other hand are much improved then previous games and there is a flow to combat. They need to get rid of/ tone down annoying missions such as follow/chase and eavesdrop stuff especially if they don't fix the controls.

Also I thought the Ai in this game is much too sensitive. You do something a little wrong and like 20 guards come and try to attack you, escaping them is incredibly hard sometimes because other guards around the area also instantly start chasing you, its impossible to do anything without lowering notoriety to incognito. That shouldn't be the case at all. Some may argue this makes the game more challenging but I say it makes it a huge annoyance.

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 08:04 PM
the AI is horrid. the 30 something guards that chase you.....

but i realized something.

the changed the philosopy behind it. it is no longer sight orietated. its hide mechanic orientated. that means the guards don't have to see you to find you. unless you are in a hiding spot you are still within there "vision". its stupid. if they can't see me, then they shouldn't be able to detect me. i noticed this when i was running on roof tops yet there were blockades ahead of me, despite the fact they shouldn't be able to see me... and as soon as i jumped in to a haytsack(something that no longer appears on map, i escaped.... stupid mechanic, that i don't think was in the previous titles

rupok2
12-01-2012, 08:23 PM
the AI is horrid. the 30 something guards that chase you.....

but i realized something.

the changed the philosopy behind it. it is no longer sight orietated. its hide mechanic orientated. that means the guards don't have to see you to find you. unless you are in a hiding spot you are still within there "vision". its stupid. if they can't see me, then they shouldn't be able to detect me. i noticed this when i was running on roof tops yet there were blockades ahead of me, despite the fact they shouldn't be able to see me... and as soon as i jumped in to a haytsack(something that no longer appears on map, i escaped.... stupid mechanic, that i don't think was in the previous titles

Ya its completely stupid that the guards can coordinate attacks against you so efficiently when they can't even see you. In real life 21 century even cops can't coordinate that fast with the tech we have today.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 09:35 PM
"If you don't agree with me just ignore this thread"
"If you`re going to kiss my *** and tell me how awesome my opinion is then feel free to post"

Awwwww

Also

- Connor had only one personality - Anger. Ezio had the best of many worlds
stopped reading after this

TrueAssassin77
12-01-2012, 09:47 PM
"If you`re going to kiss my *** and tell me how awesome my opinion is then feel free to post"

Awwwww

Also

stopped reading after this

same. i stopped reading, and simply went to the comments underneath

zerocooll21
12-03-2012, 01:59 AM

Awwwww

I know right. I find it ridiculous people start threads and expect others not to speak their mind if they disagree... On a public forum.

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 02:13 AM
I know right. I find it ridiculous people start threads and expect others not to speak their mind if they disagree... On a public forum.
Exactly ! People are so sensational these days that the least criticism to their Opinions make them cry..

What the hell ?? I`m not allowed to give input if I think your opinion is...I dunno...Ridiculous ?? I mean, Sure you`re allowed to have your pretty little opinions, but by posting here, you`re giving me a pass to tell you what I think about it. Regardless of what you say i`m allowed or not to say or do..

Ridiculous..

E-Zekiel
12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I have to disagree with your wanting a choice at the end...I'm glad Desmond made the choice. I woulda sat there for three hours trying to make my mind up.

kuled2012
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Connor was still 5 years old when his whole life got turned on it's head, atleast Ezio had time to develop a normal life into his late teens. So no, I don't expect a charisma.

g1real
12-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Exactly ! People are so sensational these days that the least criticism to their Opinions make them cry..

What the hell ?? I`m not allowed to give input if I think your opinion is...I dunno...Ridiculous ?? I mean, Sure you`re allowed to have your pretty little opinions, but by posting here, you`re giving me a pass to tell you what I think about it. Regardless of what you say i`m allowed or not to say or do..

Ridiculous..

You know what's ridiculous? Seeing you in every thread, every god **** thread, with horrible, badly written and unconstructive opinions that don't really add of any value to thread. You came in to announce "didn't like; didn't read".

You are nothing more than a blight.

kriss3d
12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
It sure felt like a long training.. I mean.. Throughout the entire franchise the assasins focus on Desmond becomming an assassin cause they really need them in order to fight the Templars.
But.. Where exactly do you fight the templars ?
During the single and frankly ridicusly easy chasing some random guy with a gun around the animus facility ??
REALLY ??? REALLY ???

Desmond has to go through serveral ancestors, get the bleeding effect, learning to become an awsome assasin to get into the Abstergo house to save his dad and kill that one guy who we have no idea who is except he has a gun and aparently also suffers from bleeding effect or somthing.

REALLY ??

What about the templars ? With Desmond dead and the world saved.. Templars are sure to take over the world enslaving everybody anyway.

The problem with Connor isnt that he is angry. The problem with Connor is that he is whining so much and that he has about as many faces as Clint Eastwood simply wants me to slap him silly (Connor, not Clint)
He have about zero likeability. He shows no sense of humor or anything that makes you like him at all really.

Unless they are making a AC4 WITH Desmond Ubisoft had gold.. GOLD.. and they not just killed off the series with this bad ending.. They ruined the whole franchise..

pirate1802
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
same. i stopped reading, and simply went to the comments underneath

Indeed. I too stopped reading after that. Guess Connor doesn't have the expressiveness of Ezio. One has to look at his face for the subtle changes. I spotted a range of emotions from anger, shame (at the start of sequence 8), surprise (when Putnam tells him he'll look forward to his funeral), irritation (whenever a white person touches him without his consent), content and happiness (his interactions with the homestead fellows). And I'm sure I'll see much more as I play along. Yes he appears as a whiney child, yes he is naive, yes he is impatient at times.. but that's only because the writers WANTED him to appear so. He is a flawed character, it is what separates him from Altair and Ezio and that is what endears him to me.

pirate1802
12-06-2012, 04:35 PM
I have to disagree with your wanting a choice at the end...I'm glad Desmond made the choice. I woulda sat there for three hours trying to make my mind up.

And it would have been an exercise in futility anyway because Ubisoft (most probably) has the next game already planned out regardless of what we'd choose.