PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not gonna bother with the underground fast travel?

EzioConner1
11-04-2012, 10:14 PM
It will probably be the only thing I don't do or don't want to do.

Takes too long to find all of them
Boring
Annoying puzzle at the end of 1 I attempted
Already Have Harbormasters , Forts, a few travel points
AC is about experiencing the environment

creamofpayne
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Haven't found any of these - I assumed I'd eventually find one while doing other things but I haven't! I don't even know what they look like or where they're generally located.

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I stopped bothering with them after the first compulsory tunnel mission

Element CL
11-04-2012, 10:19 PM
They arent really so hard to find. The puzzles were easy for me, but I actually read every piece of information that pop ups.

vivaxardas
11-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't know, don't care. Why would we need them anyway? It is not like they are necessary, or look good or something. Once was more then enough for me. Even though after 10-15 hours forests also practically lost their appeal, I still prefer the frontier to the city.

AdrianJacek
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I thought they will be useless originally but then I was like "Eh, let's do it, why the heck not?". Later fast travel saved me a lot of busywork. And puzzles are pretty nice too. Following rats, broken arrow signs, fire compass, door wickets and magic lanterns. Though the last one was a bit confusing because I don't have the English version. Some hints might have been lost in translation, it already happened with Glyphs anc Clusters.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
I've found about three in each city. To be honest, I think that this is one of the areas where the developers really dropped the ball. Previous AC games got the tunnel-discovery right, but as with many things in AC3, the developers had to fix what wasn't broken, and we get a tedious and annoying maze game with frustrating puzzles at each exit. We should be able to find the entrances from the surface rather than wandering around a maze for hours.

kriegerdesgottes
11-05-2012, 01:48 AM
I don't mind them so much as they just add some extra detail to the game which I appreciate and it makes up to a small degree for the puzzles in previous games so I'm going to find them all. I'm a big completionist though. I have to see everything!

JCearlyyears
11-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Frustrating puzzles? The animus database tells you the answers, I'm not sure how it could get any easier. I missed the difficult glyphs, the giant tombs and the big puzzles involving climbing. I kinda like the tunnels but not that much. It seems like work that could have been put toward something better. It'd be better if we could at least run everywhere. I hate the jogging.

Dino_Dave
11-05-2012, 02:47 AM
It will probably be the only thing I don't do or don't want to do.

Takes too long to find all of them
Boring
Annoying puzzle at the end of 1 I attempted
Already Have Harbormasters , Forts, a few travel points
AC is about experiencing the environment

They're fun. More game's need thinking aspects instead of just mindlessly killing. There are some fun puzzles, like one is to solve a riddle! I don't see why you wouldn't do them to get closer to fully beating the game. You must not have patience.

Dino_Dave
11-05-2012, 02:50 AM
I've found about three in each city. To be honest, I think that this is one of the areas where the developers really dropped the ball. Previous AC games got the tunnel-discovery right, but as with many things in AC3, the developers had to fix what wasn't broken, and we get a tedious and annoying maze game with frustrating puzzles at each exit. We should be able to find the entrances from the surface rather than wandering around a maze for hours.

All you have been doing is roaming the forums and complaining about the game. No one wants to hear it.

Dino_Dave
11-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Haven't found any of these - I assumed I'd eventually find one while doing other things but I haven't! I don't even know what they look like or where they're generally located.

Just go to one of the fast travel locations and you should be able to enter those doors on the ground.

blacklimoband
11-05-2012, 03:16 AM
I thought this was kinda fun actually... now we can actually go into the tunnels and explore. Of course that doesn't suit every person's play style, and the ability to discover tunnel entrances from above ground would have been a nice addition for those who just want to get out there and kill sh!!. For my part, I'm liking the tunnels.

HellSniper666
11-05-2012, 03:21 AM
I completed them all already, Just grab a map off of google of you should be able to complete both NY and Boston with a hour and half.