PDA

View Full Version : AC3: American/British guilt?

voods
11-04-2012, 06:18 PM
As an American or British player, do you at all feel guilty the whole way through AC3? I'm not saying that either should be held accountable for the for 'sins' of the great-great-great grand-who, but it would be almost inhuman to not feel some sort of guilt to what we (Americans/British) did to the native population.

Should this feeling even apply to AC3, since its LARGELY not about such things, moreover the Assassin's strive for people's freedoms and choice? I know that 0% of my ancestry had anything to do with the "new world" and subsequent 1800's exile of the native population from their own lands, as they were too busy being slaughtered by Germans/Russians(Poles) and Brits(Irish) for hundreds of years.

Still, I cant help to feel (from playing AC3) that the very ground that my chair sits on does not belong to me or any of us, save the very few natives left. Should we just look past this and blame the TEMPLARS? :p

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Should we just look past this and blame the TEMPLARS? :p
Blame human nature.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
This thread is gonna turn into one, big mess if given enough attention..

voods
11-04-2012, 06:57 PM
This thread is gonna turn into one, big mess if given enough attention..
If that's the case then a mod can close it. No need for a 'mess'.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Well I'm neither, so no problem either way XD

Crucify Lucifer
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Guilt is something one feels for his or her own actions. I have not wronged any Natives, therefore I feel no guilt.

AllThatJuice
11-04-2012, 07:39 PM
tbh Playing AC3 made me look at the patriots in a more negative way...I mean, is it totally wrong that they were getting taxed?... After all it was a British colony, so the Brits were well in their rights to do so right?...And also because the patriots rambled on about liberty and freedom, yet they held no qualms when it came to owning slaves or driving out the native population...And George Washington owned a plantation in which 200 slaves worked? WTF....It just seemed they wanted freedom and liberty for the white man.

Radman500
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
no... mainly because the persecution of native americans, is much more complex then "the europeans killed them all"

Radman500
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
tbh Playing AC3 made me look at the patriots in a more negative way...I mean, is it totally wrong that they were getting taxed?... After all it was a British colony, so the Brits were well in their rights to do so right?...And also because the patriots rambled on about liberty and freedom, yet they held no qualms when it came to owning slaves or driving out the native population...And George Washington owned a plantation in which 200 slaves worked? WTF....It just seemed they wanted freedom and liberty for the white man.

the issue of slavery, is extremely complex...... but your guild-written self-hatred as being white is pathetic

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
the issue of slavery, is extremely complex...... but your guild-written self-hatred as being white is pathetic
You`re pathetic..

freddie_1897
11-04-2012, 08:14 PM
he's not saying, he's suggesting, we need to remember that the consequences of national pride is ignorance. history is written by the victor. George washington, just because he did good, doesn't mean that he didn't do bad. the higher you stand the further you fall