PDA

View Full Version : What happened to HER? Why was HER plot point dropped? [spoilers]

Tuna...no.crust
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I just finished AC3, now i'm not going to get into spoiler territory here, I think there should be an official ending discussion thread for that.

Now to my question, in the ending of AC:B and at the end of the Subject 16 truth video, both Juno and S16 kept referring to HER, like a female version of Desmond I mean.
Juno's words: "...There is one who would accompany you through the gate. SHE lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon."

WTF is up with just ditching a major plot element like that?

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 06:19 PM
'HER' was Lucy. And she was killed in ACB

I was more annoyed by the fact that they left out other major plot points and gave Desmond such under-whelming, uninspiring gameplay, and the anti climactic ending.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
There are some ending discussions in other sections of the forum..

NinjaOnFire
11-04-2012, 06:25 PM
'HER' was Lucy. And she was killed in ACB

I was more annoyed by the fact that they left out other major plot points and gave Desmond such under-whelming, uninspiring gameplay, and the anti climactic ending.

HER is NOT Lucy.

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
HER is NOT Lucy.

"She lies not within our sight, the cross darkens the horizon" I thought that referred to Lucy?

Tuna...no.crust
11-04-2012, 06:34 PM
HER is NOT Lucy.

Indeed, HER is definitely NOT Lucy. I was also underwhelmed by the ending. How do you go from 4 games BASED around the end of the world and Desmond, to THAT. How can you end the trilogy with THAT. It would have been fine if the game went on from THAT point at least for like 10 minutes, but you end THERE?

I LOVED the Desmond missions, I really do wish there were more of them. They said "a lot more Desmond this time, long time fans will be pleased" but why didn't they make more? Only 3 missions?

"She lies not within our sight, the cross darkens the horizon" I thought that referred to Lucy?

How can that refer to Lucy when she's already dead on the floor?

pablo2977
11-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I LOVED the Desmond missions, I really do wish there were more of them. They said "a lot more Desmond this time, long time fans will be pleased" but why didn't they make more? Only 3 missions?

They said you would see more of Desmond then you ever have and you did

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
How can that refer to Lucy when she's already dead on the floor?

That was said just before Lucy was stabbed, when Desmond was being controlled by the apple, "the cross darkens the horizon" referring to her being a Templar

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Indeed, HER is definitely NOT Lucy. I was also underwhelmed by the ending. How do you go from 4 games BASED around the end of the world and Desmond, to THAT. How can you end the trilogy with THAT. It would have been fine if the game went on from THAT point at least for like 10 minutes, but you end THERE?

Because it is not ended yet, only Desmond's story has.

Tuna...no.crust
11-04-2012, 06:47 PM
That was said just before Lucy was stabbed, when Desmond was being controlled by the apple, "the cross darkens the horizon" referring to her being a Templar

Alright, I'll bite, but my question still stands.

Subject 16:" Eve. She... In Eden, find Eve. The key - Her DNA"

After killing Lucy, Juno: "It is done, The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found, awaken the sixth. Go, alone."

Because it is not ended yet, only Desmond's story has.

The trilogy ended there, that's what I meant.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 06:51 PM

After killing Lucy, Juno: "It is done, The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found, awaken the sixth. Go, alone."

But the story continues, probably showing what happens to Earth in future etc etc etc.

Anyways, there's another theory that Eve is actually Juno. because her DNA (TWCB DNA) was the key to opening the vault. I don't know uch about it, but there was a video by Escoblades, it was nicely explained there.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Maybe she will be the next modern day character we play, and her role is to stop Juno?

POP1Fan
11-04-2012, 06:58 PM

They relive Connor's memories to find the key. "Eve" or "she" is the key. Eden is the place where the Grand Temple is found.

That's what I get from it.

freddie_1897
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
the only good thing about the ending is that we now know who the baddie will probably be for the next modern day protagonist.

lodylody
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
[LIBERATION SPOILERS]

From watching the ending of Liberation though, it says that "Eve will lead us through the War of Generations"... but which War of Generations? The one in the past? Or one after Desmond's death? According to that, Eve is a person like we always thought.

Eden... Eve... DNA... it was all dropped, so pathetically. The next three games (guessing they'll do another trilogy) had BETTER give us the answers. :'(

Tuna...no.crust
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
But the story continues, probably showing what happens to Earth in future etc etc etc.

Have you finished the game? What do you mean "the story continues, probably showing what happens to Earth in future"? I'm talking about AC3, how they ended the trilogy THERE, not how the next AC probably starts, which will probably come to next gen consoles and i'm really happy and sad at the same time because of that.

Maybe she will be the next modern day character we play, and her role is to stop Juno?

I thought about that too, but still, it's most likely going to be a huge wait for the next game.

EDIT:
They relive Connor's memories to find the key. "Eve" or "she" is the key. Eden is the place where the Grand Temple is found.

That's what I get from it.

How does that make any sense? She wasn't the key. And if She was Juno why would Juno refer to herself in third person when telling Desmond " Only she remains to be found, she will accompany you through the gate, she lies not within our sight" etc etc?

They just dropped it.

infamous_ezio
11-04-2012, 07:06 PM
I actually think they ditched this idea...
Why would Juno refer to 'her' even though she plans on screwing them over? Why would she help them?! Maybe she was referring to her as literally being Juno, as in 'you need to find Juno', and awaken the sixth as in the sixth method which was mentioned wm you insert the second last power source
From what subject 16 is referring to, it could possibly be that this is actually a hint at the next game, clays quote 'I have seen, what has been, what will be', remember the ac2 truth video, this could very well indicate that clay was aware of what Juno was planning, and that the next protagonist (Desmond's son) has to Use the animus to go back to first civ times, Adam and eve Were the first to rebel, maybe they hold the key to stopping Juno. Well, eve does, her DNA might be the key to commune with a specific piece of Eden, as Desmond's was with the temple... This is just a thought, but again, this contradicts Juno saying 'only she remains to be found', seems like they ditched the idea.... We need some confirmation... Loomer/escoblades get a podcast with Corey pls

Layytez
11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
This ending solidified for me that they really don't care about satisfying fans as much as they do for making sure they can make another game. This ending was not for us die hard fans but for them to able to make more games. It's been 3 years since Adam and Eve were brought up and NOTHING HAS BEEN EXPLAINED. Now i'm even more eager and inpatient for the next game because I wanna see what bs they can come up with now.

lodylody
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm starting to think that the ending in Liberation is referring to the actual Eve from AC2 and that Juno's Eve is the amulet.

"Find Eve." = Find the amulet.

"Awaken the sixth" (method to save the world).

"You must go. ALONE!" Alone... well if he was with Eve he wouldn't be alone? Unless Eve was an amulet?

"Only she remains to be found", her being the amulet, since they've found the Piece of Eden which is the only other key.

Still, that Liberation ending has set my mind off again... arrggghhhh

Layytez
11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
I thought the sixth meant the sixth sense ? Knowledge...the one they kept from us.

lodylody
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
That is also what I thought Hollow, but since Desmond is [SPOILERS] dead now and he hasn't awoken the sixth sense, it's clear it wasn't that... Since Juno said it as well, and Desmond did exactly what Juno wanted, it couldn't have been that.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Meh now I'm having second thoughts on whether to get this game or not..

Layytez
11-04-2012, 07:20 PM
This is why I don't like plots being brought up and not mentioned again. Don't mention Eves DNA or our "son" and don't talk about Eden if you're not going to develop them. You can't bring up an idea then abandon it 3 years later. The next game is clearly against Juno and if we don't hop in the animus to dial it back all the way to Adam and Eve then I give up trying to understand it.

lodylody
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I just want First Civilisation, I couldn't care less about Connor, although his story is good. I just want First Civilisation, the war against them, the War of Generations, Eve, the interesting sci fi bits.

F4H bandicoot
11-04-2012, 07:24 PM

For me, Eden is the grand temple, In Eden, lies Eve. Eve = Juno, the key to unlocking Juno, is her own DNA, which Desmond has.

Lucy was going to give the Apple to Abstergo, therefore they could not use it to get into the temple. Therefore the path is made for them to get into the temple.
Juno isn't going to say "I remain to be found" so she refers to herself in third person.

By hitting the shiny globe, Desmond 'awakens ' Juno, and therefore the the sixth sense with her.

OneBloodArmy
11-04-2012, 08:22 PM
[AC3 SPOILER]
The Black Room is the key to Desmonds survival. The Animus 2.0 deleted the black room that was part of the software rebecah used to create her version of an animus(i assume that the Black Room works the same as any program...the room was deleted not the code. run it and the room should come back). Subject 16(Clay) wanted to go with Desmond to share his head. this digital copy had a chance at living again with a vessal. The Animus has everything it needs to recreate a digital copy of desmond and Desmonds body is 30 feet from the Animus 2.0. i think we all get the picture here. Desmond is back in the Animus! how else could we play the ending to Conners story after the assumed shatter of the looking glass.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I think the ability to play as Connor is just a gameplay convenience, not need to look deeper into it. Afterall, how nice would it look if they forced you to start again after the game is done, not letting you finish the sidequests?

Layytez
11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Someone has Connors sessions saved therefore able to access and hack it. How they got the sessions remains a mystery.

OneBloodArmy
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
[spoiler]
so far as i know Connor is only known about to Desmond and his crew.

OneBloodArmy
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
[SPOILER]
as soon as Conner burries the pendant, Desmonds hops out of the animus and runs to his death. then you relive the events of congress giving the land away. a point not available before Desmonds death...how can we play this sequence with Desmond dead? we can't.

OneBloodArmy
11-04-2012, 09:09 PM
[AC3 SPOILER]
The Black Room is the key to Desmonds survival. The Animus 2.0 deleted the black room that was part of the software rebecah used to create her version of an animus(i assume that the Black Room works the same as any program...the room was deleted not the code. run it and the room should come back). Subject 16(Clay) wanted to go with Desmond to share his head. this digital copy had a chance at living again with a vessal. The Animus has everything it needs to recreate a digital copy of desmond and Desmonds body is 30 feet from the Animus 2.0. i think we all get the picture here. Desmond is back in the Animus! how else could we play the ending to Conners story after the assumed shatter of the looking glass.

[SPOILER]
i am not reffering to the missions available before the burial of the pendant that leads to Desmond stopping the animus program before the events leading to his death. i am reffering to the 3 missions available AFTER Desmonds death. to access a memory you need the metaphorical looking glass, Desmond.

Tuna...no.crust
11-04-2012, 10:37 PM
They said you would see more of Desmond then you ever have and you did
Let me put it like this then:

I LOVED Desmond missions, they proved that an Assassin's Creed in a modern setting could work, I just wish there were more of them.

AltairCBM
11-04-2012, 10:41 PM
They seem to have rushed Dezzy's content out. It's a shame, the modern day segments make me think of the great modern day AC that could have been.