PDA

View Full Version : Crouching

MissionGibbon11
11-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Why can't Connor crouch whenever he wants? I don't really feel like an assassin when I just walk around on rooftops looking like an idiot. Crouching would be helpful and would also help me immerse myself in the game. I've wished for this since the first assassins creed game, but it dosen't seem like the developers like the idea, why I can't imagine. Allmost every game lets you crouch, but not the this stealth game, games like saints row even has the option! Can you please consider this option? It could be on the right thumbstick, in options you could choose to have crouching or camera direction enabled, just a suggestion.

SpitfireSpud
11-04-2012, 05:42 PM
I always wondering why then never had the crouch option, or even lying down... how many more hiding spots could you have... it would open alot more options and kills during play..

Aphex_Tim
11-04-2012, 06:01 PM
The stalking zones have you crouch though.

MissionGibbon11
11-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't think that's enough really. It works good in the frontier, but in the city and mostly on rooftops it feels odd just walking around when your trying to approach a guard etc. Besides like I stated earlier it's about the immersion and how you feel when you approach a guard silently, I at least think it's more badass to crouch than just simply walk up to him, I don't think i'm the only one that feels this way. To always be able to crouch would be the best if you ask me.

JACKEDRAM1500
11-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Funny how an Assassin only crouches in bushes :confused:

MissionGibbon11
11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah right! It dosen't make any sense :)

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I've also wanted this since AC1. At least you could kind of crouch in that (by holding R1 and X to jump, but not releasing the button to make him leap. So he'd be in that crouched, about-to-jump pose). Worked nice when you used it duck lower and avoid a rooftop guards gaze, etc.

Still, the place I miss crouching the most is actually in the frontier. Would look so much nicer were Connor to be crouched and moving toward an animal stealthily, rather than just walking up to it lol.

MissionGibbon11
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I agree with you, it just makes you overall feel more like an assassin/hunter. Hopefully this could be added in a patch since the animation already is made (stalking zones), but that's just wishful thinking.

B0RDERL1NE
11-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Totally agree. It has always bothered me; crouching or entering a stealth mode is a staple of stealth games, yet AC, one of the biggest stealth franchises, doesn't have a default out-of-cover stealth mode. Line of sight is a big deal, and there is waist-high cover all over the place. It would make a huge difference if you could crouch/corner cover behind it to hide from guards. Please patch!

MissionGibbon11
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM
It's nice to see that i'm not the only one who want's this option, I only hope more people will see this, so maybe Ubisoft will notice it.