PDA

View Full Version : List of game bugs. Feedback requested.

Azeos
11-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Hello fellow Assassins. Azeos here with a list of bugs, please respond if any of you are also experiencing these animus related difficulties. Also, if you have some clarification on a facet I've possibly gotten wrong, please feel free to help correct it.

Note: I'm playing this on the 360, so all things aside, and without exhaustive research, I cannot confirm these exist on PS3 or PC, but if they do, please let me know.

Artisan leveling: Being a bit of a perfectionist, I've been completing most of the artisan side quests as soon as they come available. As I understand it, these side quests are the way to level up your artisans. They aren't working. Apparently, artisans are unable to be leveled until you've found all of the homestead settlers, which means that I'm in sequence 9 right now, with no artisan missions left, and a bunch of level 1 artisans, locking me out of 99% of the crafting interface.

Disappearing map icons: I'm not certain if this happens anywhere else, but Boston's icon has dropped off of my map for the frontier, its just not there anymore.

Inventory glitches: At certain points, I lose all snares, rope darts, arrows, smoke bombs, trip mines and all but 1 bait. I still have bullets.

Convoys: Do sea convoys... er... sea trading routes exist?

Uplay rewards: I redeemed "the life scratcher" pack from Uplay, allowing me to upgrade my pouches, except I still can only carry the default amounts.

Alternate outfit colors: Any particular reason if i change my outfit color, the cutscene defaults it?

Ingame voice: Voices seem to wash in and out, sound very far away, or muffled even when the person is right in front of you, I've had to turn on subs to be able to understand some of whats going on.

Thanks for your time.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forums:)

We do have a full set of dedicated threads set up for you to supply both gameplay feedback and bugs :)

For the Uplay rewards - you still have to craft the items you unlock ;)

Single player gameplay feed back: NO SPOILERS!!
Assassin's Creed 3: Single Player Gameplay Feedback [DO NOT POST SPOILERS] (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS)

Single player bugs? Please again report directly to Support and use this Thread.
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Bugs & Issues Thread *Possible Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981)

Multiplayer bugs? Please again report directly to Support and use this Thread.
Assassin's Creed 3: Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720983)

For Multiplayer feedback such as game modes, perks, etc, please post here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer Gameplay Feedback Thread *Possible-Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720984)

Azeos
11-04-2012, 06:19 PM
As a forum manager, I have to assume that you probably spend your entire day answering messages like this, and directing people to the right place. So I imagine that this gets a bit old. As for answers to the questions I've posed, you just gave me the runaround.

The time you just spent directing me to the forum where you think that this should go, you could have instead, told me that Ubi knows about these problems, and are working diligently to fix them. Your bug support forum is FILLED with posts, and not a single Ubi team member response.

Can you do that, Forum Manager? Does my 90 dollar purchase of AC III (with dlc), and my 240 odd dollars spend on the other AC games entitle me to a response that's more than pencil whipped? A response, something like: "Hey mate, yeah, we know all about that, we're working on it, not to worry"

I would hate to think that a "Forum Manager" just writes things without considering the post they're replying to. Such inconsiderate things like, for instance "For the Uplay rewards - you still have to craft the items you unlock ;)" after I clearly noted in my post "I'm in sequence 9 right now, with no artisan missions left, and a bunch of level 1 artisans, locking me out of 99% of the crafting interface.". Do you know what that means? I can craft barrels, and convoy upgrades, that's it, I'm locked out of everything else.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
As a forum manager, I have to assume that you probably spend your entire day answering messages like this, and directing people to the right place. So I imagine that this gets a bit old. As for answers to the questions I've posed, you just gave me the runaround.

The time you just spent directing me to the forum where you think that this should go, you could have instead, told me that Ubi knows about these problems, and are working diligently to fix them. Your bug support forum is FILLED with posts, and not a single Ubi team member response.

Can you do that, Forum Manager? Does my 90 dollar purchase of AC III (with dlc), and my 240 odd dollars spend on the other AC games entitle me to a response that's more than pencil whipped? A response, something like: "Hey mate, yeah, we know all about that, we're working on it, not to worry"

I would hate to think that a "Forum Manager" just writes things without considering the post they're replying to. Such inconsiderate things like, for instance "For the Uplay rewards - you still have to craft the items you unlock ;)" after I clearly noted in my post "I'm in sequence 9 right now, with no artisan missions left, and a bunch of level 1 artisans, locking me out of 99% of the crafting interface.". Do you know what that means? I can craft barrels, and convoy upgrades, that's it, I'm locked out of everything else.

The bug threads are not just there to highlight a bug once.. they are there for people to use so the team can judge the scale of the issue..

Simply saying 'yes we know of the bug' - does not tell the team how many people are affected.

So it is not giving anyone the 'run around' - it's collecting valuable data which in turn helps with the patches / fixes.

It takes individual reports of those bugs to allow us to gage the numbers of players affected - which if you read those bug thread, also means contacting support as well - so they have numbers.

Many people don't have bugs or glitches - so they need to know how many people are affected so they can judge which ones need fixing first.

If you do not want to do that - that's down to you, it is only a suggestion.

The Team are in the process of working through the bug threads - and seeing which bugs are a priority - until that work is completed - they maybe not answer individual posts - or have ideas of which bugs are being fixed first - so you have to allow them time to complete the assessments.

The team ARE reading the threads though, as stated in those threads, so they are aware of bugs and issues - however I can't say which will be fixed when etc..

As to wasting my time - those links are a copy and paste - so no need to worry about me wasting my time on posting.

My other comment was in relation to this:

Uplay rewards: I redeemed "the life scratcher" pack from Uplay, allowing me to upgrade my pouches, except I still can only carry the default amounts.

this was not about the general Artisan issues [which need reporting]

I was attempting to offer help on that ONE issue - which I can offer some help [incase you were not aware]

You need to Craft those items, so it maybe something to try - unless your Artisan issue stops it.

if you are unable to craft the items and you are 100% sure you have unlocked the reward which gives you the ability to craft that item - then you need to talk to Ubisoft Support - who maybe able to help you further.

You can check which rewards you have - via the Uplay menu on the games main title screen.

These forums are not for dedicated support - we have a team available for that, so can only suggest you contact them directly.