PDA

View Full Version : Who else is annoyed by the little kids?

soldiersback
11-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Great game, it has me hooked and have played every game in the series.

I fear nothing ... well almost nothing. Big firing platoon with weapons drawn? Grab the tomahawk and kick their ***. However, there is one thing that scares the living hell out of me.

Those little [edit swearing removed] children.
Where revelations had the annoying women shouting "ISSSS there a RRRRReason for this ABUUUUUSE?", I would occassionally throw them into those wooden things that would collapse and kill them. Now there are little orphan kids that keep laughing like maniacs. "whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! HAHAHA, WHOA!" and you cannot kill them.

Anyone else annoyed by those little [swearing removed]?

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 04:05 PM
lmao

lothario-da-be
11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Very anoyed, they are like ministrels in group. a nightmare...

AllThatJuice
11-04-2012, 04:09 PM
lmao xD

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 04:12 PM
You can't even shove them? xD

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Toss some coins there where to shut 'em up for a while. :b

lothario-da-be
11-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Toss some coins there where to shut 'em up for a while. :b
i first have to select coins then. takes too long.

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Great game, it has me hooked and have played every game in the series.

I fear nothing ... well almost nothing. Big firing platoon with weapons drawn? Grab the tomahawk and kick their ***. However, there is one thing that scares the living hell out of me.

Those little bastard children.
Where revelations had the annoying women shouting "ISSSS there a RRRRReason for this ABUUUUUSE?", I would occassionally throw them into those wooden things that would collapse and kill them. Now there are little orphan kids that keep laughing like maniacs. "whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! HAHAHA, WHOA!" and you cannot kill them.

Anyone else annoyed by those little bastards?

After finishing the game, I was so disappointed and upset. But reading your post made me laugh so hard that tears came out. No joke.

BeCk41
11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
awww, their just a bunch of little kiddies, I'm sure they don't mean to be annoying http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/innocent.gif

deskp
11-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I always like these "anoying" npcs, i think they should have more of them.

AC1 had beggar women, insane people and drunk guys. The rest of the ac games have limited themselves to onetype but in groups of 3 often. i'd much rather they not always use the same.

More variety would make them seem less anoying.

soldiersback
11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I loved the italian guys with the little guitars. They always came out at the worst time, when tailing someone or when trying to get away from enemies. However, they didn't blurt out annoying and psychotic death shrieks, and could be thrown away or pushed aside. The loading screens always called them "Harrassers", but I feel like that's an understatement for the little kiddos with the demon laughter that penetrate ones very soul.

Someone suggested throwing money. I should not give them money, it is rewarding them for their inappropiate behaviour. They must be severely punished. Not only for the screaming, but also for the attacking of those poor merchants. I think in the line of leading a pack of weird children to a pack of hungry wolves. But I guess that won't work.

yoshiyukily
11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Why didn't the mod edit both swear words from your post? lol

I have to echo a similar sentiment earlier in the thread about LOL'ing after being so bummed over the ending. Thank you so much.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Is the ending so bad that people are sent into depression after playing it? I guess I shall stay away from it then. O.o

AWBiggs
I don't mind the idea of kids... but the creepy game models don't look quite right. They're just tiny hobbit humans... also, could be my lack of looking, but I haven't seen any female kids around?

Mr_Shade
Why didn't the mod edit both swear words from your post? lol

Thanks for pointing that out ;)

Is the ending so bad that people are sent into depression after playing it? I guess I shall stay away from it then. O.o

if you want to chat about the ending - I suggest you look in the Hints&Tips forum..

There should be NO discussion of the ending in the General forum..

Thanks!

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Sorry about that Shade.. :|

NinjaOnFire
11-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Why do the little ****s have to bark?

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Sorry about that Shade.. :|Well the Spoiler rules are VERY clear - I suggest you read them, for your own protection - since this is the second time I have had to step in.

Aphex_Tim
11-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Problem is, you can't do anything against these little demons.
The beggars and minstrels could at least be tossed around or beaten up but these kids, you can't do anything about it. And they just keep following you wherever you go...
*shudder*

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Problem is, you can't do anything against these little demons.
The beggars and minstrels could at least be tossed around or beaten up but these kids, you can't do anything about it. And they just keep following you wherever you go...
*shudder*
Throw coins = problem solved ;)

shanethebouncer
11-04-2012, 06:49 PM
If ubisoft even cared a little for their fans then they would at least let us throw poison darts at them.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
If ubisoft even cared a little for their fans then they would at least let us throw poison darts at them.
Yeah.. Ubisoft are such monsters...

Selling the game, because of this...I payed 60 dollars for this ?? Ridiculous..

Lass4r
11-04-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm more annoyed by those drummers in guard groups xD I make sure to walk up and stab him nonchalantly every time. He's at the back of the group, so nobody notices for a while :p

shanethebouncer
11-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah.. Ubisoft are such monsters...

Selling the game, because of this...I payed 60 dollars for this ?? Ridiculous..

I hope you know I was kidding haha.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I hoe you know I was kidding haha.
I know.. I was too xP

Playing along

MT4K
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Throw coins = problem solved ;)

Mr_Shade = The charitable one!

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Mr_Shade = The charitable one!
Or... Making Connor look like a Professional Pedophile who pays his victims :|

shanethebouncer
11-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I know.. I was too xP

Playing along

Alright good. In my defense you play a mean poker face.

Crucify Lucifer
11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
They're like little Woody the Woodpeckas, I swear I thought nothing could top the bards...

soldiersback
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks for pointing that out ;)

From now on, I will use the words "scoundrel" or "scallywag" in reference to the children, so that you won't have to edit my posts. Are those suitable words? :p

Right now, I am researching if there are animals near cities that house the pack of monsters. And also if they are willing to devour them, for some reason I think the devs would have made the children impossible to target for animals as well.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 07:11 PM
From now on, I will use the words "scoundrel" or "scallywag" in reference to the children, so that you won't have to edit my posts. Are those suitable words? :p

Right now, I am researching if there are animals near cities that house the pack of monsters. And also if they are willing to devour them, for some reason I think the devs would have made the children impossible to target for animals as well.
much better ;)

Tbh - the game does explain that the 'orphans' may annoy you - and the official way to avoid / deal with them is to give them money..

Not have a bear eat them... ;)

shanethebouncer
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Instead if those scallywag kids they should have used the guys who pass out landscaping pamphlets in my neighborhood.

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 07:24 PM
It's a shame you don't have kids wandering around in the frontier, it would great to lure a bear towards them.

Silent Running5
11-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I also found them very annoying. the noise they make is nonsense for orphan street urchins begging for money, why are they trying to irritate you ? , I just sprint a little to stay ahead of them,

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 08:20 PM
I also found them very annoying. the noise they make is nonsense for orphan street urchins begging for money, why are they trying to irritate you ? , I just sprint a little to stay ahead of them,

Every time they run towards me, the noises they make remind me of gangnam style
"Wop wop wop wop"

Which only makes it even more irritating.

matrikzHH
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM
I can't speak for the english voice over but the german one is extremely creepy. The kids sound like an insane witch laughing at me. It took me a while to even realize it's this little "hobbit people" that make that terrifying sound.

But they have one advantage over all previous harassers. They are are very very slow. You can easily outrun them and they never where a serious problem while running away. :-)

reddragonhrcro
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
That bad?Thx for the head-ups so that i can avoid them when i get the game.;)

MT4K
11-04-2012, 08:33 PM
every time they run towards me, the noises they make remind me of gangnam style
"wop wop wop wop"

which only makes it even more irritating.

eyyyyyyyyyy sexy assassin.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
I like that song...