PDA

View Full Version : [Ezio- Connor]Kill animations comparison ** No spoilers **

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I noticed that AC3's finishing moves are not that original and fluid as they were in AC Brotherhood. Ezio seemed to be more charismatic with the combat moves. Especially the AC3 sword moves does not seem natural, i don't know what exactly is bothering me at this.The animations in ACR and AC3 overall seem to not feel the epicness ACB's moves had. Although with Sawtooth Sword in AC3 (with unique finish moves) kill animations look really original and cool as ACB's.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
People are just itching for things to complain about..

This makes me so happy.. and Charismatic in Combat ??

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't find other cons about it, it's just the ragdoll "improvements" they've made just made the physical interaction worse. As i mentioned, this is the only con, overall the game is a beast.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
I don't find other cons about it,
That was my point..

but seriously, Charisma in Combat ?

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I thought this is the best word to describe it.
00:23- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpwUTnRgPeg
The way Ezio makes flamingo legs, yeah... those small details.
This is just an example. It really doesn't make difference if he just stabbed him in the eye with the spear without looking like flamingo. Those details are intentionally made just to make Ezio look more charismatic, badas* if you may.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 03:32 PM
maybe.. grace?

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Ezio seemed to be more mockery-sh into the finishing moves. When Connor is like *i must kill them at all cost*, looking more barbaric and stuff + the ragdoll thingy. That aggressive look in Connor's eyes followed by the same approach. As goes for Ezio, he was more like trolling all over the field.

lothario-da-be
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Ezio seemed to be more mockery-sh into the finishing moves. When Connor is like *i must kill them at all cost*, looking more barbaric and stuff + the ragdoll thingy. That aggressive look in Connor's eyes followed by the same approach. As goes for Ezio, he was more like trolling all over the field.
hahahaha trolling all over the field? made my day man.

UtilityTortoise
11-04-2012, 04:25 PM
I like the difference in combat, it shows that they're different assassins/people. Ezio was born a nobleman and was a playboy in a very cultured and historic city, of course some of that is going to show through in his fighting. Connor grew up around uh.... bears and stuff. To make him have the same kind of movement as Ezio wouldn't be doing justice to who he was as a character. Connor has a different background story, different body build, and personality. I personally think Connor's quite a bit badass too, in fact I prefer his moves to Ezio's, but of course this is gonna be subjective :)

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 04:49 PM
If you want style counter someone with a tripwire bomb. :b

AllThatJuice
11-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Personally, I think the combat is more fluid in AC3...With the previous ACs I always thought it was just skipping from one animation to another without any sort of flow

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Personally, I think the combat is more fluid in AC3...With the previous ACs I always thought it was just skipping from one animation to another without any sort of flow

Well i speak about the Kill animations as the title says, not the combat in general. But i agree with you that the combat is more fluid, they seem to put an effort into the weapon swinging and the enemies physical reaction to them.

saydrix12
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
And for the tomahawk there is only like 10 kill animations where for swords in acr were like 40/50 :F

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
And for the tomahawk there is only like 10 kill animations where for swords in acr were like 40/50 :F

I can think of 3 kill animations from the overall tomahawk's 10 which are transfered back from ACB.

scotland124
11-04-2012, 11:00 PM
I noticed that AC3's finishing moves are not that original and fluid as they were in AC Brotherhood. Ezio seemed to be more charismatic with the combat moves. Especially the AC3 sword moves does not seem natural, i don't know what exactly is bothering me at this.The animations in ACR and AC3 overall seem to not feel the epicness ACB's moves had. Although with Sawtooth Sword in AC3 (with unique finish moves) kill animations look really original and cool as ACB's.

I see what you're saying but my main issue is cilpping, glitches with the kill animations and the fact that the weapon sometimes does not stick in the right place.

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
The not sticking in the right place issue is the reason of the ragdoll improvements i mentioned. In ACB everything was positioned perfectly, because the ragdoll activated when the guard fully felt on the ground (With other words the finishing moves in ACB were scripted, like if you fight near a cliff and you kill someone his body starts to fall into the cliff but stands there horizontally for a second like there is no gravity and the second after it the ragdoll activates letting him to fall realistically. When in AC3 the dev team tried to improve this, but instead they opened a window for another glitches which seem to be worse, and all of their work would of been a waste if they just throw it away so they decided to remain in the game.)

willstannard
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Ugh why do people love to constantly ***** and moan about petty things? it gets really boring

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Ugh why do people love to constantly ***** and moan about petty things? it gets really boring
Why do you moan about people being moan about something?
Also i would say it would be more like constructive criticism than complaining.

BlackLight3578
11-04-2012, 11:25 PM
The sword moves are as natural as they can be, just completely different styles of fighting. I'm not sure how you can say connor's finishers aren't original as well. Ezio fought with the grace of a bird, connor fights with the ferocity of a wolf. The animations are just a lot better in my opinion, from the point leading up to the animation, to the counter out of the finisher, and from the move to the next kill.

I'd honestly prefer the ragdoll over the kills being completely scripted. they just have to fix the glitching with it.

Personelly, i like Connor's more ferocious moves to ezio's flashiness. Idk just seems a lot cooler. For example, that little leg thing ezio did with the spear in the video just seemed kinda corny.

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
The Sawtooth Sword finish moves are really original. But thats just opinions.

willstannard
11-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Why do you moan about people being moan about something?
Also i would say it would be more like constructive criticism than complaining.

Because it almost seems as if people WANT to find faults with game, rather than focus on the positives which significantly outweigh the minor features people complain about. Bow string clipping? Really people?

shobhit7777777
11-05-2012, 12:16 AM

I respectfully disagree

There is a marked difference in Connor's and Ezio's training and fighting style based directly on their personalities...and AC3 shows this extremely well...from combat to overall physicality Connor is a unique Assassin

I think that you preferred the more graceful and flamboyantly brutal moves of Ezio..which were stylish and uber badass takedowns, reflecting Ezio's style, charisma and experience...

Connor on the other hand is a more practical, physical and grittier fighter whose fighting style showcases his upbringing. The blows are fast and brutal. Connor doesn't mess about...he isn't about sending a message...he wants to end it quick and GTFO. They are quick and improvisational.

I like this differentiation TBH. Connor is a more grounded, straightforward assassin and Ezio is a larger-than-life uber Assassin figure with a penchant for flair.

Assemblent
11-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Why do people tend to compare the fighting style of an Italian renaissance man that was rased in a city, florence, to a native north-american that was raised in the woods, in an indian tribe. At least try to make valid and constructive criticism besides your personal tastes. That you don't like it, I can accept that. I, for an instance, relate way more to Connor then I did to Altair or Ezio. But hey OP, I can try walking in your shoes. While Ezio might be more graceful, a beautiful swan, Connor is more like... A beast.