PDA

View Full Version : Your views on Connor... [SPOILERS]

IceHot100
11-04-2012, 02:23 PM
For those who have played Connor's part of the story. How do you think he is? Do you like him? What makes you think he's good/bad?

For me, Connor, despite being a mature guy is still very immature and childish. He thinks killing a few guys will bring peace. At some point when he is proven guilty for shooting at the Boston massacre mission, he tells to Achilles or Adams (not sure) that he will tell the guards that he's innocent. And he expects the guards will believe him? Seriously? But these are minor things. But he even argues with his mentor, Achilles. He even hestitates giving Achilles the credit for training him and making him an Assassin. He has no respect for his mentor. When some people of his tribe go to kill the patriots that wanted to take their land he stops them? Why? That's what he wanted before, right?
Maybe I'm too young to understand this but I did not like Connor.

Although, the devs made Connor a very interesting character, but I didn't like him. Even Hutchinson said, you hate Connor at some points but in the end you will like him. But there wasn't really anything special, that would make me like him.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Feedback thread..

IceHot100
11-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Feedback thread..

Yeah but it says "NO SPOILERS" and I want to know what people think about Connor. That's pretty hard without leaving spoilers...

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah but it says "NO SPOILERS" and I want to know what people think about Connor. That's pretty hard without leaving spoilers...
Hints and Tips Section..

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Well I'm only on Seq9 currently, so can't give an opinion as to his full progression as of yet. I like him though, he's very reserved most of the time, kind hearted and gives a fair few people second chances only to kill them should they be at fault yet again. He has a very fatherly and gentle leader vibe about him. A very natural leader, though a position he does not like yet does so anyway because, in his own words, no one else will.

I'm loving the character far more so than I have any character in recent memory (out of any game, not just AC). He doesn't spout random nonsense just to have lines of dialogue, he has a very black and white view of the world at first which is refreshing from characters we are introduced to already being super cynical, and yet his innocence isn't infuriating like it is with most characters, as it is done in such a way as to simply display his lack of knowledge of the then modern world and the ways of the people therein.