PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Freedom Edition DLC (PS3) bound to account?

BLINX1234
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi there.

I've a question regarding the DLC that comes with the European Assassin's Creed 3 Freedom Edition for the PS3.
I've bought the game on release. However, as I feared the same that happened with Assassin's Creed Revelations (where the DLC was indeed bound to account) would happen again, I've not unpacked it yet.

I usually play my games over an US account, but since most of the games I buy are from Europe, I have to download the DLC from a European PSN account I registered just for this purpose.

When Assassin's Creed Revelations hit the stores, I foolishly bought it and downloaded the DLC only to find out that while the DLC worked on my European account, it didn't show up on my main account.

Is it the same this time around? Or have UBI, for once, learned their lesson?

Nightmare8767
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
This time you don't activate a DLC as a Service, but you download it. So yes, it will work on all accounts. Make sure to not lose the EU one! :)

BLINX1234
11-04-2012, 05:05 PM
This time you don't activate a DLC as a Service, but you download it. So yes, it will work on all accounts. Make sure to not lose the EU one! :)

Phew. That's good news.
Guess I can keep my Freedom Edition and return/sell the Join or Die Edition (I got that one just in case DLC was like in Revelations again. In which case I would've kept the Join or Die Edition and gotten the Freedom Edition for PC) then.

Whatever became of the Revelations DLC issue, btw? Did UBI fix it somehow?