PDA

View Full Version : Origin of the Templars [SPOILERS]

Rob1610
11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Ever since I read that Haytham was born an Assassin and converted to the Templar Order, I've been thinking about how the Templars came into existance in the first place. Yeah, I know they came in around the time of the Crusades, but Ubisoft have always held the beliefs of the Assassins and the Templars close. Both are aiming for the same goal, but have completely separate methods in which to obtain that goal. Also, according to Subject 16's video in AC2, the Assassins were born as the "best of both worlds". Templars have similar skills, yet their origins haven't been mentioned for that time period. I think that the Templars were originally Assassins with different views that defected to form their own group. How else would they know the true history even before the Animus? That is, if they did...hell, they might have been known as something else before the Crusades like how they're known as Abstergo now.

POP1Fan
11-04-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that the origin of the Assassins and the Templars is actually from the beggining of the human race, when Cain (who became the first Templar) killed Abel for the Apple of Eden.

Rob1610
11-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the info. Really, I don't know anything except what Assassins Creed tells us and various other media. I haven't read the bible or anything. That's why I started this thread, because I don't know anything, would like to learn and would like other people's opinions on the matter.

POP1Fan
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the info. Really, I don't know anything except what Assassins Creed tells us and various other media. I haven't read the bible or anything. That's why I started this thread, because I don't know anything, would like to learn and would like other people's opinions on the matter.

Well, the Cain and Able thing in implied in one of the glyphs from AC2.

Nightmare8767
11-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Judging from the game's ending, the Father of Understanding and whoever founded the Assassins could be the very same person, with words misjudged.

Rob1610
11-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Well, the Cain and Able thing in implied in one of the glyphs from AC2.

Really?...I never read them. I want to read more, but when playing Assassins Creed, I'd rather press on then sit down and read documents all day long. xD

vivaxardas
11-06-2012, 01:18 AM
For me what makes sense is that assassins and templars are two fractions of the same hidden race, humans with alien DNA. They aware about the ancient legacy, but differ in opinion how to use it. So at some point there was a disagreement, well before Crusades, and two competing groups were formed. Assassin and Templar orders were simply facades they created during crusades to establish and legitimize their presence among ordinary humans, and to gain regular followers. In this case training and eagle vision abilities are hereditary. Templars may use Animus as well to live through the lives of their ancestors, but because their bloodlines very rarely intersect (may be only once with Haythem and Connor), they have no access to assassin's memories, and vice versa.