PDA

View Full Version : Are they serious with this nonsense?

strider367
11-04-2012, 11:16 AM
They made great looking graphics with this game. The best looking one of them all. Then they ruin it with this horrible gameplay and the never ending controller issue's. Sometimes the firearms work but most of the time they don't. Sometimes you can reload amazingly with no problems. Then other times you can't. (no its not my controller or console, network maybe) The best weapon is the bow. But you can only hold 8 arrows then during a mission you can't use the store really? What happened to looting these items? Or is it that would make too much sense?

I'm on this early story mission. Blow up 3 tea crates whatever. Then it leads into the clear the sector. Where you have to kill the tax collectors really? There 5 at each location but as soon as you start with them. You then have 20-30-50 of everything chasing you around. How in the heck am I suppost to beat all them. Doing this ruins this whole game for me. This game gives me real headaches a sure sign of a crappy game for me. This is why the first AC in my opinion was the worst game ever made. It was AC2 that redeem this series for me. Why do you people do this? I'm ill equiped to say the least. There seems to be AI that are totally unbeatable for some reason. No matter what move I do they counter it. No matter how I counter them it doesn't work. I'm constantly running away rather then being killed in 10 seconds. Then they decided to have firing squads shooting at me. While I'm trying to deal with 10 of them at one time. This is totally ridiculous and BS to say the least.

Lastly the lock pick part really? If I had 3 hands maybe this would be easier. Don't they realize you need one hand for L the other for R then you have to repeatedly hit R1 using your forefinger. How can you keep yourself from moving the two sticks? By using your 3rd leg? I'm at the point I don't want to play this anymore. What a total waste of money and effort on there part. By putting this terrible gameplay in a very good looking game. Ubi you earn the epic fail award again...

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 11:22 AM
All I Read was "Waaaa This game is too hard so it sucks Waaaaa"

If you think the game is hard, then do not complain here, because here is where everyone knows that AC is the easiest game ever made and will come to the conclusion that you just suck at it which in turn makes your "Complaint" Invalid...

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 11:23 AM
The game gives a crappy tutorial, I'll give you that. Though I've died at times, the combat isn't really that hard. And whenever you see yellow arrows above the firing line, just grab someone as a human shield, then you'll be fine.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Well, you clearly need more practice at the combat. If you are fighting ten guys at once and a firing squad at aiming at you, you hit X/A near an enemy to use them as a human shield. The ones who seem to immune to all your counters? You clearly haven't tried all the counters. No enemy is immune to every type. If you are having loads of difficulty with one type in particular, equip snares as your tool and after blocking with O/B then counter with tool Triangle/Y. I'm relatively certain countering with snares works on all enemies.

As to the being chased around part, theres a reason they have such a long mission teaching you how to lower notoriety. Use what you learn in that mission. Trying to do any mission while on level 3 notoriety is just foolish.

Lockpicking works fine for me, though I did read a few days ago that a lot of people have difficulties with it, so I dunno. I just firmly hold controller (ps3), find the right spot for L and R sticks, then spam tapping R1. Haven't once accidently moved the sticks.

Almost every control complaint I've seen on the forums to date are from people who either just don't know the controls, or expect them to be identical to previous games, thus not knowing the controls. My friend who got the game on day 1 like myself absolutely hated the combat and thought it was terrible. Many hours later he finally got the hang of it and now loves it. Just make sure you actually pay attention and read the tutorial messages in this and you should be fine. Many people seem to ignore them though, then complain about controls. *Rolls eyes*

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 11:27 AM
'm at the point I don't want to play this anymore. What a total waste of money and effort on there part. By putting this terrible gameplay in a very good looking game. Ubi you earn the epic fail award again...

Then don't play :D

I've been hearing combat is "scripted" and too easy, then I hear this lol.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Well, you clearly need more practice at the combat. If you are fighting ten guys at once and a firing squad at aiming at you, you hit X/A near an enemy to use them as a human shield. The ones who seem to immune to all your counters? You clearly haven't tried all the counters. No enemy is immune to every type. If you are having loads of difficulty with one type in particular, equip snares as your tool and after blocking with O/B then counter with tool Triangle/Y. I'm relatively certain countering with snares works on all enemies.

As to the being chased around part, theres a reason they have such a long mission teaching you how to lower notoriety. Use what you learn in that mission. Trying to do any mission while on level 3 notoriety is just foolish.

Lockpicking works fine for me, though I did read a few days ago that a lot of people have difficulties with it, so I dunno. I just firmly hold controller (ps3), find the right spot for L and R sticks, then spam tapping R1. Haven't once accidently moved the sticks.

Almost every control complaint I've seen on the forums to date are from people who either just don't know the controls, or expect them to be identical to previous games, thus not knowing the controls. My friend who got the game on day 1 like myself absolutely hated the combat and thought it was terrible. Many hours later he finally got the hang of it and now loves it. Just make sure you actually pay attention and read the tutorial messages in this and you should be fine. Many people seem to ignore them though, then complain about controls. *Rolls eyes*

To the OP, really? Lockpicking is hard? It's very easy even for me - I got it down on my 2nd try. Get the 2 sweet spots & button mash the other *gently.
But what I'm wondering is how to set a snare if you're already in group combat w/ guards? Or do you mean if you see them coming at you?
I do need to get more combat practice with larger groups. [ SPOILER Seq. 5] I just fought those guards outside Achilles' Stable & [END SPOIL] had to replay it about 4 times to get the synch. That's when I finally found the kill streak & got that working. Lots of practice. I do think combat's harder in this one but I believe it's becuz of the amounts of people complaining that ACR was way too easy. ?

The one thing I can agree on is the gun randomly working or not... but then I do know reload time is an issue in this one. I don't feel it's reliable enough to trust using much but then I haven't really worked on practicing w/ it either.
Oh & I agree w/ the OP, this AC is the best in graphics hands down. It's amazing.

strider367
11-04-2012, 11:44 AM
All I Read was "Waaaa This game is too hard so it sucks Waaaaa"

If you think the game is hard, then do not complain here, because here is where everyone knows that AC is the easiest game ever made and will come to the conclusion that you just suck at it which in turn makes your "Complaint" Invalid...

Has anybody told you your a complete jerk...

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Has anybody told you your a complete jerk...
You`re*
Yes... Numerous times, Really..

You`re Kind, though..I`v been called worse things

strider367
11-04-2012, 11:53 AM

Using a human shield and how do you do that when 10 of them are pacing all around you? I have played everyone of these games. So don't tell me I need practise. When they make crap like this a repeat of one and three. It clearly shows they don't give a hoot. Churning out a game a year clearly shows quality is not going to be there strong point, is it?

strider367
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
You`re*

Correcting english really? I can tell maybe a drone is in your future?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 11:56 AM

"Waaaa game is hard then it`s lacking in quality waaaa"

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Using a human shield and how do you do that when 10 of them are pacing all around you? I have played everyone of these games. So don't tell me I need practise

Telling off people who are trying to help you certainly ain't gonna help. The controls have been revamped so even series veteran would need a little practice, or so told my friends. They are playing without problems, enjoying it even. I tried a few hours on my friend's xbox. It was awesome.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Telling off people who are trying to help you certainly ain't gonna help. The controls have been revamped so even series veteran would need a little practice, or so told my friends. They are playing without problems, enjoying it even. I tried a few hours on my friend's xbox. It was awesome.
Its clear that he does not want help; He Just wants to mindlessly bash the game and ridicule it for his own Short comings..

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Using a human shield and how do you do that when 10 of them are pacing all around you? I have played everyone of these games. So don't tell me I need practise. When they make crap like this a repeat of one and three. It clearly shows they don't give a hoot. Churning out a game a year clearly shows quality is not going to be there strong point, is it?
I don't know what to tell you. Grabbing a human shield makes you invincible. That's it. Don't insult to us who actually wants you to enjoy the game. Better yet, stop posting unless it's for our own entertainment.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 12:06 PM

This AC was not one of the 'yearly' games, in my reading, they had been working on it for alot longer than 1 year so that's not possible as the reason you think it's terrible.
And they DO give a Hoot, if you were here last year reading fan suggestions, complaints and desires, you'd see that they were doing alot to give people what they were asking for!
Either they were bad suggestions/complaints, or they were poorly executed then [if you aren't pleased with the result]

People wanted changes, they got them, then I see complaints that it isn't enough like the other AC's w/ Ezio.
I haven't come across the part you're complaining about or having problems with, so I can't speak to that till I get to it myself & experience it. But I cannot agree that this game is nearly as nasty as you're projecting it to be. It's been way too fun and enjoyable with a FANTASTIC story.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 12:10 PM
(speaking of giving fans what they wanted, I didn't get my wish of a steamy romance w/ Connor going on the side....
gosh I wish they'd do that).

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
(speaking of giving fans what they wanted, I didn't get my wish of a steamy romance w/ Connor going on the side....
gosh I wish they'd do that).
No romance ? :O

Game sucks.. See what happens in yearly releases ?? No Sexual Intercourse..

strider367
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Trolls just what the world needs. If there was more like you. There would be less like you. Chew on that moron...

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Trolls just what the world needs. If there was more like you. There would be less like you. Chew on that moron...
That doesn't even make sense xD

You Amateur, Go learn how to play before sucking at it and not admitting it..

I`m just being Blatantly honest here, mate..

I`m not nice like the guys above me. You..... SUCK.... at the game. So admit it and accept help instead of acting like a Know it all..

strider367
11-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Not telling you off at all. If you can't take the heat don't go in the kitchen that's all. I'm sure this works great on xbox. That's where I played all of them except this. I do expect issues from anything coming from these people. But to have 20-30-50 AI's chasing you around like the first AC. Is just ridiculous...

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Not telling you off at all. If you can't take the heat don't go in the kitchen that's all. I'm sure this works great on xbox. That's where I played all of them except this. I do expect issues from anything coming from these people. But to have 20-30-50 AI's chasing you around like the first AC. Is just ridiculous...
Because its Hard and you cannot play it and still do not admit it..

strider367
11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
That doesn't even make sense xD

You Amateur, Go learn how to play before sucking at it and not admitting it..

I`m just being Blatantly honest here, mate..

I`m not nice like the guys above me. You..... SUCK.... at the game. So admit it and accept help instead of acting like a Know it all..

I knew it your a phony mate. It's clear you have a limited education. But that statement is from a certain college course. Something trolls like you wouldn't understand. Give you a hint. You get cancelled out...

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Don't want to practice combat? Just run, then. Oh, the PS3 version works well enough for combat anywhere, so there goes your argument.

GuZZ33
11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
just grab someone as a human shield, then you'll be fine.
Or push forward on left stick- press right trigger and B and you should forward roll out of the way and then leg it hahaha!.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Trying to prove I`m better than Assassin_M by showing him that I go to a college he does not, but his swag seems too awesome for me. I`m too desperate to prove I`m better than him, though
That is coming from someone who cannot and does not know the differences of English grammar in Possessive verbs.

I guess you did not go to elementary school

strider367
11-04-2012, 12:35 PM
This AC was not one of the 'yearly' games, in my reading, they had been working on it for alot longer than 1 year so that's not possible as the reason you think it's terrible.
And they DO give a Hoot, if you were here last year reading fan suggestions, complaints and desires, you'd see that they were doing alot to give people what they were asking for!
Either they were bad suggestions/complaints, or they were poorly executed then [if you aren't pleased with the result]

People wanted changes, they got them, then I see complaints that it isn't enough like the other AC's w/ Ezio.
I haven't come across the part you're complaining about or having problems with, so I can't speak to that till I get to it myself & experience it. But I cannot agree that this game is nearly as nasty as you're projecting it to be. It's been way too fun and enjoyable with a FANTASTIC story.

As usual they listen to the wrong fans. If you didn't know this there was a big patch for this day one. So guess what there still some issues with this game. Was it because they turn this series in to a mill. Throwing junk together like when they reused the build from one in the actual third game. Then they just updated the story line. The best build they made was for the second one. Did they learn no why should they ubi its a mill now every year a new one whether its ready or not. There is always someone who says this works great for me it must be you. Really are we that niave. Then again what's your trophy level? How about your achievement level? Just how many games have you played and how long?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:36 PM
As usual they listen to the wrong fans.
And you`re the right fan to listen to ?? Someone who calls this combat hard ?? THIS COMBAT ??

My Friend... You just hit the bucket

strider367
11-04-2012, 12:42 PM
That is coming from someone who cannot and does not know the differences of English grammar in Possessive verbs.

I guess you did not go to elementary school

I'm surprised they let a low life like you get away with your trolling here. It shows just how stupid they are as well as this game. Well at least now l know your a stupid toothless crap eater enjoy lol...

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm surprised they let a low life like you get away with your trolling here. It shows just how stupid they are as well as this game. Well at least now l know your a stupid toothless crap eater enjoy lol...
Dude, Name calling ?? What are you 9 ?

And you just called the Mods Stupid.. Tsk Tsk

"Waaaaa Stupid game is Hard Waaaaaaa"

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 12:46 PM
As usual they listen to the wrong fans. If you didn't know this there was a big patch for this day one. So guess what there still some issues with this game. Was it because they turn this series in to a mill. Throwing junk together like when they reused the build from one in the actual third game. Then they just updated the story line. The best build they made was for the second one. Did they learn no why should they ubi its a mill now every year a new one whether its ready or not. There is always someone who says this works great for me it must be you. Really are we that niave. Then again what's your trophy level? How about your achievement level? Just how many games have you played and how long?
Trophy levels are irrelevant. We are all AC fans who have played all of the games; at the very least we know what feels better/worse on a relative level. And for the record, there are a bunch of features I did not ask for (naval combat), if they managed to impress me with this what could be an on rail disaster, they did something right. Just my opinion.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 12:57 PM

To me, people suffering w/ serious glitches/bugs always have my sympathy and I give lenience becuz of the frustration level they experience. Thankfully I've experienced none in any AC's to date.
Must be the newer Xbox console?? I don't know. But AC is not some isolated stand-alone where bugs & patches are concerned. It's pretty standard and some are just alot worse than others. And I for one think it's AWESOME that they HAD a 1st day patch & addressed what they found out was wrong that early. I think it gives them some credibility - they weren't noncaring & lazy about it.
Crap happens & they scrambled to fix it. I appreciate that.

My one issue is music/soundtrack. This isn't impacting me any so far to Seq. 5. In other games, I actually bought some music becuz I loved it so much.
& I can agree that they listened to some of the wrong fan suggestions/complaints. I'd be perfectly content --- no, Happy --- to have this AC with the exact same format at Ezio's trilogy but with some revamping of weapons & obvious graphics changes. But still, it just makes this one different and set apart from the Ezio Trilogy (never played AC1 yet to compare).
ps. out of the trilogy, I think AC2 had it's problems & issues.... but I'm fond of each one in different ways.

strider367
11-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Trophy levels are irrelevant. We are all AC fans who have played all of the games; at the very least we know what feels better/worse on a relative level. And for the record, there are a bunch of features I did not ask for (naval combat), if they managed to impress me with this what could be an on rail disaster, they did something right. Just my opinion.

So far the naval part is the best part of this game. And yes experience does make a different here. There was a day when developers had to make good games. Why? Because it only took one bad game to end a company. This was not properly tested as usual. Why? Because that cuts into there advertising budget. Your having fun good for you maybe because you don't know better. Why would I make a statement like that? Because your lack of opinion on what I pointed out about the first and third game. Do you noticed they where the same build with those games. Or did you really play them?

Added note; I knew it you didn't even play AC 1. Two was there best game. That worked very well...

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 01:03 PM

Glad to hear that, becuz I hate anything naval . . just does nothing for me. But you speak to the one thing I'm noticing, this game wow's me without a soundtrack to fall in love with that set's atmosphere and my hero, Ezio isn't in it (plus I still haven't played the adult 'assassin' Connor yet) & I'm still loving it despite major differences. I hope I like the naval stuff too. I'm truly shocked that I love it this much..

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:07 PM

Waaaaa Game sucks Waaaa What ?? I suck ?? No, Its impossible... I went to College

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
So far the naval part is the best part of this game. And yes experience does make a different here. There was a day when developers had to make good games. Why? Because it only took one bad game to end a company. This was not properly tested as usual. Why? Because that cuts into there advertising budget. Your having fun good for you maybe because you don't know better. Why would I make a statement like that? Because your lack of opinion on what I pointed out about the first and third game. Do you noticed they where the same build with those games. Or did you really play them?

Added note; I knew it you didn't even play AC 1. Two was there best game. That worked very well...

I played the first several times when it first came out, and again with the free copy that came with Revelations.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 01:15 PM
But what I'm wondering is how to set a snare if you're already in group combat w/ guards? Or do you mean if you see them coming at you?
What I mean is to counter with it during combat. Guard attacks and you see red icon over head, you block (O/B) and then hit tool counter (Triangle/Y) and Connor will kill the enemy using a snare like a guillitone (spelling ;b) wire.

The one thing I can agree on is the gun randomly working or not... but then I do know reload time is an issue in this one. I don't feel it's reliable enough to trust using much but then I haven't really worked on practicing w/ it either.
I don't use the guns much myself as Connor, though I used the musket a fair bit as Haytham. Basically you have to hold down the triangle/Y button for a few seconds until fully aimed, then let go of it to shoot. To reload you BRIEFLY tap the weapon wheel button, don't hold it at all, just tap. You'll see on the weapon icon at bottom of screen how far along the reload is.

Using a human shield and how do you do that when 10 of them are pacing all around you?
You do it exactly the same way as if there were only two enemies trying to shoot you. Move close to an enemy and press X/A, Connor will grab the enemy and be invincible until the animation is over and you regain control of him.

I have played everyone of these games. So don't tell me I need practise.
Then don't come onto the forums talking about how guards are immune to all counter types which is factually incorrect. Complain about not being able to doing anything due to all the guards, when it is up to you as a player to lower your notoriety between or during missions. So yes, I will tell you that you need practice because everything you are complaining about can be remedied by practice.

When they make crap like this a repeat of one and three. It clearly shows they don't give a hoot. Churning out a game a year clearly shows quality is not going to be there strong point, is it?
AC3 took over two and a half years to make, so there goes that argument. As for it being a repeat of one and three? I'm assuming by three you mean Brotherhood in this instance. Its hardly a repeat. It is quite a significant change, all things taken into consideration.

So to recap: practice and stop giving people attitude for trying to help you with issues YOU RAISED.

strider367
11-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Didn't realize I was being tag teamed here lol...

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Hmmm...
What the hell He quoted another person xD

Hahahahahaha

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
@ zench - he got you and I mixed up... and I also disagree w/ him that AC2 was the best. I think ACB & ACR are better than AC2.
The later 2 are much more polished and more fun things added - also the graphics in AC2 were.... archaic compared to the following 2.
So........ and I don't get what not playing AC1 has to do with this whatsoever.

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 01:18 PM
[SIZE=2]
I don't use the guns much myself as Connor, though I used the musket a fair bit as Haytham. Basically you have to hold down the triangle/Y button for a few seconds until fully aimed, then let go of it to shoot. To reload you BRIEFLY tap the weapon wheel button, don't hold it at all, just tap. You'll see on the weapon icon at bottom of screen how far along the reload is.

You can definitely use guns without aiming at all. If you're close enough for an enemy to be hightlighted, which can be a fair bit of distance, you can just tap the gun button and he shoots. Aiming's really for targets much further away.

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
What the hell He quoted another person xD

Hahahahahaha
Balls.

Glad to hear that, becuz I hate anything naval . . just does nothing for me. But you speak to the one thing I'm noticing, this game wow's me without a soundtrack to fall in love with that set's atmosphere and my hero, Ezio isn't in it (plus I still haven't played the adult 'assassin' Connor yet) & I'm still loving it despite major differences. I hope I like the naval stuff too. I'm truly shocked that I love it this much..

I'm sure you'll at least like the naval graphics. For some reason, water in towns and the frontier looked very cheap compared to the naval waters where the reflection of the former always looked the same even in caverns, and the latter's reflection actually corresponds to the objects above the water. It's awe-inspiring. And the physics, wow.

UrDeviant1
11-04-2012, 01:22 PM
The combat Is easy. Really, It Is. You're obviously not smart enough to figure out how to fight certain enemy archetypes. The game doesn't suck, YOU SUCK. I bid you good day.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 01:22 PM
You can definitely use guns without aiming at all. If you're close enough for an enemy to be hightlighted, which can be a fair bit of distance, you can just tap the gun button and he shoots. Aiming's really for targets much further away.
Oh! Didn't know that, shows how often I use the guns doesn't it lol. I would generally use them for guards a distance away, that I have to use L1 to even be able to highlight. When they are closer I always go melee. Thankies for the info though. :)

strider367
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
What I mean is to counter with it during combat. Guard attacks and you see red icon over head, you block (O/B) and then hit tool counter (Triangle/Y) and Connor will kill the enemy using a snare like a guillitone (spelling ;b) wire.
[SIZE=2]

You do it exactly the same way as if there were only two enemies trying to shoot you. Move close to an enemy and press X/A, Connor will grab the enemy and be invincible until the animation is over and you regain control of him.

Then don't come onto the forums talking about how guards are immune to all counter types which is factually incorrect. Complain about not being able to doing anything due to all the guards, when it is up to you as a player to lower your notoriety between or during missions. So yes, I will tell you that you need practice because everything you are complaining about can be remedied by practice.

AC3 took over two and a half years to make, so there goes that argument. As for it being a repeat of one and three? I'm assuming by three you mean Brotherhood in this instance. Its hardly a repeat. It is quite a significant change, all things taken into consideration.

So to recap: practice and stop giving people attitude for trying to help you with issues YOU RAISED.

Leave it to the Irish to be reasonable. If you didn't notice I'm being trolled here. Also the help was not very good to begin with. Especially when people ignore the obvious points I made....

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Leave it to the Irish to be reasonable. If you didn't notice I'm being trolled here. Also the help was not very good to begin with. Especially when people ignore the obvious points I made....
You just went to a new low with this post..

I do not bid you a good day..

You`re obviously posting from a mental hospital and they`re just covering it up by telling you that you`re in College..

strider367
11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
The combat Is easy. Really, It Is. You're obviously not smart enough to figure out how to fight certain enemy archetypes. The game doesn't suck, YOU SUCK. I bid you good day.

Wow more mental giants. Do you do your daddy with those fingers? I'm sure he really enjoys it lol...

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Ok, then that explains my fight last night in Seq 5. All of a sudden, he's using a bow on a couple guys & I didn't even aim at them or try to use it:confused:
I must have tapped my "Y" button in my frenzied brawl. :D I'll have to accidentally do that more often heh

*edit in* um, that incest comment above is a little much over the line. :/

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Is anyone going to ban this guy or at least warn him ??

Or is he just going to keep removing any doubt of his Lunacy ?? (If he already has not)

strider367
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
You just went to a new low with this post..

I do not bid you a good day..

You`re obviously posting from a mental hospital and they`re just covering it up by telling you that you`re in College..

Since 2009 and with 7,450 posts. You clearly have never played any of these games. For the simple reason your too busy trolling people here. What a moron...

Added note; Do the math you post 7 times a day. When do you get the time to play these games?

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Dunno if that first part is being sarcastic or not. *Peers*

What would you being trolled have to do with any advice I've given. I've told you the controls to use to do the human shield, that it makes you invincible, etc. Your obvious points, not to be an ***, are all things you can practice on until they are no longer an issue to you. Another combat tip I can give is that for the enemies you can use break defence on (X or A), if you keep using it on that same enemy you can trip them up and leave them vunerable to an insta kill. Very useful against those captains and the burly Scottish guys, and just looks awesome to boot. ^^

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
*Bark* *Bark
Have a Biscuit, boy..

There`s a good boy.. You full ??

UrDeviant1
11-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow more mental giants. Do you do your daddy with those fingers? I'm sure he really enjoys it lol...

What? you say this even after I bided you good day? Now you can just go **** yourself you lame waste of space. You are obviously rubbish at the game, just give up and stop playing It. *******.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
What? you say this even after I bided you good day? Now you can just go **** yourself you lame waste of space. You are obviously rubbish at the game, just give up and stop playing It. *******.
Do not lower yourself to his level..

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 01:34 PM
> Leave it to the Irish to be reasonable. If you didn't notice I'm being trolled here. Also the help was not very good to begin with. Especially when people ignore the obvious points I made....<

I think we got your points, we're just saying the reason you make those points is becuz you need to amp up your combat skills thru alot more practice and precise button work with the different types of guards.
Kinda like how fighting a Jannisary in ACR isn't the same as the regular guards - you had to do different things... plus they shot at you while other Janissaries were sword fighting against you.
Same thing here really.

UrDeviant1
11-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Do not lower yourself to his level..

Well he's an arse. But you're right, i'll just ignore him.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Well he's an arse. But you're right, i'll just ignore him.
Or insult him wittingly :p

MT4K
11-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I suggest you all put a stop to this right now... Before i do.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:42 PM
I suggest you all put a stop to this right now... Before i do.
Please do..

Did you see how the OP replies to people ??

strider367
11-04-2012, 01:44 PM

You come in here as a troll sorry if I hurt your little feelings. You bided really lol what a arse...

strider367
11-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Please do..

You see the trolling and attacks especially by this guy?

UrDeviant1
11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
You come in here as a troll sorry if I hurt your little feelings. You bided really lol what a arse...

You're still here? shouldn't you be off practising how to play the game?

MT4K
11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Please do..

Yes i did, but it's not like everybody else has been rosey cheeked either. Whether that was in response to him or not it doesn't matter.

Next unneccesary comments get people infractions.

strider367
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Dunno if that first part is being sarcastic or not. *Peers*

What would you being trolled have to do with any advice I've given. I've told you the controls to use to do the human shield, that it makes you invincible, etc. Your obvious points, not to be an ***, are all things you can practice on until they are no longer an issue to you. Another combat tip I can give is that for the enemies you can use break defence on (X or A), if you keep using it on that same enemy you can trip them up and leave them vunerable to an insta kill. Very useful against those captains and the burly Scottish guys, and just looks awesome to boot. ^^

What I wrote was not meant as insult at all. Being of Irish decent myself. Your the only person trying to be helpful here. Back to my original point. I'm just really annoyed at this game for doing the 20-30-50 AI gang up attacks. Something everyone was really mad about in the first game. Then it comes back here, that doesn't make any sense to me at all. So am I the only person who has this gang up problem lol...

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 02:14 PM
What I wrote was not meant as insult at all. Being of Irish decent myself. Your the only person trying to be helpful here. Back to my original point. I'm just really annoyed at this game for doing the 20-30-50 AI gang up attacks. Something everyone was really mad about in the first game. Then it comes back here, that doesn't make any sense to me at all. So am I the only person who has this gang up problem lol...
An argument can be made that with better controls harder challenges become more legitimate.

MT4K
11-04-2012, 02:15 PM

I think the gang up thing is made to make people feel the need to run away. Lots of people enjoyed the thrill of being chased in AC1 with the bells ringing and all sorts of chaos going on while awesome chase music playing. Not sure if AC3 has captured that feeling again myself because i am waiting for the PC version, but that might be part of the reason.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I think the gang up thing is made to make people feel the need to run away. Lots of people enjoyed the thrill of being chased in AC1 with the bells ringing and all sorts of chaos going on while awesome chase music playing. Not sure if AC3 has captured that feeling again myself because i am waiting for the PC version, but that might be part of the reason.

Indeed. I LOVED them in AC1. It would be great if anyone could confirm if AC3 chases feel the same, since I'm also waiting for the PC version.

strider367
11-04-2012, 02:37 PM

I agreed but then when is it too much? I'm finding myself running away all the time and I don't like it. It takes away the point of a stealth game. Unfortunately this was never really a stealth game to begin with. You can't really crawl up on anybody because your found out most of the time. Constant desyncing because you got off script annoying to say the least. Look as you get deeper with hunting. The stealth areas you can use get thinner to the point you have almost have no real cover. To cause the thrill of the chase? Its not worth it at all...

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Back to my original point. I'm just really annoyed at this game for doing the 20-30-50 AI gang up attacks.
Stay on the look out for wanted posters on walls, and whenever your notoriety gets to level two open your map and mark a town crier or printers shop, so you can keep moving toward them. When you are on full notoriety stay away from the rooftops and main roads as much as you can. It is FAR easier to lose enemies and have them run off in the wrong direction if you are sprinting through the back alleys. If possible always try to start missions when incognito. Don't attack random soldiers in the streets unless you want the extra notoriety - as killing them will quickly raise it up, far more so than in past games.

I think the gang up thing is made to make people feel the need to run away. Lots of people enjoyed the thrill of being chased in AC1 with the bells ringing and all sorts of chaos going on while awesome chase music playing.

Indeed. I LOVED them in AC1. It would be great if anyone could confirm if AC3 chases feel the same.
Well, I'll give a little story then of a non mission related time on full notoriety. Gather 'round the fire children, and I shall spin a tale of... yeah nevermind, I'll just recount it.

It was in New York and this happening a short time after I get there for the first time. It was also during winter (which I tend to skip asap). So being unused to both the city and the snow, I ran by a lot of hiding places without noticing them, as things do look substantially different depending on season. Anyways, I forget how it all started but I ended up with notoriety level 3 and a score of angry redcoats. Music is of course playing and there is also constant bell ringing all over the city. I, trying to escape, was sprinting down back alleys, making 90 degree turns around corners (very useful) only to run into a random patrol of guards (this happened several times as I play without the minimap enabled).

I could lose them very briefly, where their detection state goes white (meaning they have lost sight of you, but still looking). A few times I'd run into an alley and then duck to the side and hide behind a tall fence and the enemies would run into the alley and out the other side, thinking thats where I'd gone. That wouldn't last long though. I eventually managed to lose them by using the throw coins 'tool', which this time around creates a pretty sizeable group trying to sieze them.

Once I had none chasing me, I opened my map and marked the nearest town crier. Something to bear in mind (for those not having played yet) is that on notoriety 3, the second a guard spots you he goes into full alert and will attack/give chase right away. So that is why my chase lasted so long (was probably 15min in the end). Anyways, I had to cautiously move around the city toward the town crier, peering around corners and seeing if any guards where on that street. I had to do that for every street. Very tense gameplay which I loved (and why I play with map off). :)

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm finding myself running away all the time and I don't like it. It takes away the point of a stealth game. You can't really crawl up on anybody because your found out most of the time.
Actually it promotes the point of playing stealthy. You can no longer do most missions when on full notoriety because it becomes so difficult. It encourages you not to act out of place, not to go running about on rooftops, not to mindlessly kill. That is why the missions dealing with trailing people, stealthily dealing with guards and removing notoriety are so long as Haytham and Connor at first, to teach the player how to deal.

If you act very out of place on rooftops and bumping into people all the time, stealing in sight of guards, etc. It makes doing missions much harder. The stealth in this game got a massive amount of detail and time given to it compared to the previous games, where it was almost entirely unncessary to the point of being, well, pointless. :)

MT4K
11-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Stay on the look out for wanted posters on walls, and whenever your notoriety gets to level two open your map and mark a town crier or printers shop, so you can keep moving toward them. When you are on full notoriety stay away from the rooftops and main roads as much as you can. It is FAR easier to lose enemies and have them run off in the wrong direction if you are sprinting through the back alleys. If possible always try to start missions when incognito. Don't attack random soldiers in the streets unless you want the extra notoriety - as killing them will quickly raise it up, far more so than in past games.

Well, I'll give a little story then of a non mission related time on full notoriety. Gather 'round the fire children, and I shall spin a tale of... yeah nevermind, I'll just recount it.

It was in New York and this happening a short time after I get there for the first time. It was also during winter (which I tend to skip asap). So being unused to both the city and the snow, I ran by a lot of hiding places without noticing them, as things do look substantially different depending on season. Anyways, I forget how it all started but I ended up with notoriety level 3 and a score of angry redcoats. Music is of course playing and there is also constant bell ringing all over the city. I, trying to escape, was sprinting down back alleys, making 90 degree turns around corners (very useful) only to run into a random patrol of guards (this happened several times as I play without the minimap enabled).

I could lose them very briefly, where their detection state goes white (meaning they have lost sight of you, but still looking). A few times I'd run into an alley and then duck to the side and hide behind a tall fence and the enemies would run into the alley and out the other side, thinking thats where I'd gone. That wouldn't last long though. I eventually managed to lose them by using the throw coins 'tool', which this time around creates a pretty sizeable group trying to sieze them.

Once I had none chasing me, I opened my map and marked the nearest town crier. Something to bear in mind (for those not having played yet) is that on notoriety 3, the second a guard spots you he goes into full alert and will attack/give chase right away. So that is why my chase lasted so long (was probably 15min in the end). Anyways, I had to cautiously move around the city toward the town crier, peering around corners and seeing if any guards where on that street. I had to do that for every street. Very tense gameplay which I loved (and why I play with map off). :)

This in my opinion sounds amazingly awesome :).

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Indeed. Can't ****ing wait to do the same! So, in AC1 the town bells would ring only if you trigger a chase after assassinating someone. In here, the bells ring everytime you trigger a chase?

strider367
11-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Actually it promotes the point of playing stealthy. You can no longer do most missions when on full notoriety because it becomes so difficult. It encourages you not to act out of place, not to go running about on rooftops, not to mindlessly kill. That is why the missions dealing with trailing people, stealthily dealing with guards and removing notoriety are so long as Haytham and Connor at first, to teach the player how to deal.

If you act very out of place on rooftops and bumping into people all the time, stealing in sight of guards, etc. It makes doing missions much harder. The stealth in this game got a massive amount of detail and time given to it compared to the previous games, where it was almost entirely unncessary to the point of being, well, pointless. :)

I know all of this already. I played all of the AC's. But when I'm near the tax collectors (a early mission) and I make any move. Or if I'm just running slightly too close to them. It turns into a 20-30-50 AI attack every time. This is just nuts and very frustrating. Is this a psn issue maybe? I noticed on youtube there are moves on xbox. That are not available on the ps3 at the same story line. So what your playing may not be the same exact game as I...

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm sure they ring after an assassination too, but they were ringing for me when on full notoriety and being chased by guards. And guards keep coming by the way. If you stand in the same place and just kill the guards that arrive, more follow. I'm assuming thats what the bells are about, a sort of ingame reasoning as to how the guards know your location. I think I had killed about fifty on the one street before deciding to just run away and try to lose them (street looked pretty epic at end, I have to say, with Connor standing there covered in blood xD).
Edit:

I know all of this already. I played all of the AC's. But when I'm near the tax collectors (a early mission) and I make any move. Or if I'm just running slightly too close to them. It turns into a 20-30-50 AI attack every time. This is just nuts and very frustrating. Is this a psn issue maybe? I noticed on youtube there are moves on xbox. That is not available on the ps3 at the same story line. So what your playing maybe not the same exact game as I...
I can't recall the missions in detail. If it is one linear follow NPC X and beat up people ones, I'd assume its intended there. If its a more open one where you come across tax collectors around the city and need to beat them up, all I can say is do so quickly and make a run for town crier/print shop. Also only start the mission or attack when incognito if possible. Attacking them might give +2 notoriety for example (a guess only).

As to the moves, which ones in particular are you speaking of? I play the game on PS3 so I should be able to help with that.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Thats pretty awesome. Thats what I wanted to know, if the bells ring in normal chases too. Epic :D

Dog 0f War
11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
You`re*

This made my morning! =)
Thank you for that......

strider367
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Well, I'm sure they ring after an assassination too, but they were ringing for me when on full notoriety and being chased by guards. And guards keep coming by the way. If you stand in the same place and just kill the guards that arrive, more follow. I'm assuming thats what the bells are about, a sort of ingame reasoning as to how the guards know your location. I think I had killed about fifty on the one street before deciding to just run away and try to lose them (street looked pretty epic at end, I have to say, with Connor standing there covered in blood xD).
Edit:

I can't recall the missions in detail. If it is one linear follow NPC X and beat up people ones, I'd assume its intended there. If its a more open one where you come across tax collectors around the city and need to beat them up, all I can say is do so quickly and make a run for town crier/print shop. Also only start the mission or attack when incognito if possible. Attacking them might give +2 notoriety for example (a guess only).

As to the moves, which ones in particular are you speaking of? I play the game on PS3 so I should be able to help with that.

As I said in my original post its the early mission, the 6th sequence . Where you have to destroy the three tea crates. Then you have to kill the tax collectors to free that sector. There is 3 groups of tax collectors in that general area. Then please reread my last post. Again the moves I already know very well thank you...

maleficarium
11-04-2012, 04:10 PM
As for your last post. To kill these tax collectors, if you have Stephane, use him, make sure there's no other guards around, and off them quick as possible. Also, look around first for doorways/windows you can go through to evade soldiers, then bribe a town crier ASAP.

And for the problem of them ganging up. On the whole, they take turns. Less in this than previous games, but they pretty much can be taken on one after the other. I've left 20+ corpses strewn on a street just by taking them one at a time. I then got out of there as quickly as possible! :) There are times they attack randomly, but it's pretty uncommon, and occasionally two will attack at the same time, and blocking two will automatically kill both. Hope this helps, but I belive the point is that you generally have to think about whether you want to have open combat, and if so, what's your escape plan?

AllThatJuice
11-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Wow...Some people are frickin stupid...Also you can upgrade your quiver to hold more arrows. Oh and if and if youre going to ***** again, atleast have a valid argument and not just whine because the games too hard for you

Phobos14
11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Your and You're need to be corrected. People are terrible with grammar because of all the short hand crap. Yes, i can see how some people get annoyed by being corrected but maybe you should pay a little more attention to what you are typing.

That being said, i am sure i have nine spelling errors and grammatical errors in this one post ;)

And no offense, but you must have some pretty small hands if you cant reach the joy sticks and R1 at the same time. I mean dont you move the camera while free running? Thats holding the same button and using both joysticks.

BeCk41
11-04-2012, 04:27 PM
You`re*

Not a complete jerk... I'd describe him as incredibly truthful. This is a person who is not afraid to look you in the eye and say you are being a complete ninny. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/fryingpan.gif

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 04:34 PM
since you guys are talking about missions.. I'm moving this thread to the hints&tips forum..

Spoilers belong in there!

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Wow...Some people are frickin stupid...Also you can upgrade your quiver to hold more arrows.
Sure, at no sooner than Sequence 9 when you get the tailor. Possibly 8 if my memory is off slightly.

Layytez
11-04-2012, 04:42 PM
My life scratcher pack still isn't working. After all the pouch upgrades I can hold 40 bullets but only 16 arrows. What the hell ?

maleficarium
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
My life scratcher pack still isn't working. After all the pouch upgrades I can hold 40 bullets but only 16 arrows. What the hell ?

bullets are smaller than arrows? :)

also, I don't find the need to use long range weapons as much. Though I understand your point about the bows. I would prefer to use a silent bow over the noise of a pistol. For this reason, I only use the pistol when in open combat. 16 is plenty, considering if you are being stealthy, sometimes the best approach is to go past the enemy than through them. 16 should be enough for the ones in the way :)

strider367
11-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Wow this is by far the worst forum I ever seen. Filled with trolls and xbox pukes. Its people like these trying justify there pitiful existence is why I gave up xbox live 3 years ago. Mindlessly attacking everyone who posts here. Your mommies must be be proud of what they created. I'm sure they know now the best part of their animals were flushed away after their delivery. You have a troll here who has never even played this game. What joy you people aren't.

Meanwhile nobody will even acknowledge the obvious reason for this thread. You try to play this early mission only to be attacked by 50 AI's at the same time. That's long before you get any pouch upgrades. Even though I do have the uplay upgrade. I don't think that worked. Its amazing how everyone here can't read the underlined part. But there are plenty of people filled with venom here how nice.

I'm actually surprised most of the trolls who posted here can actually walk erect. These pigs must be their proud families first generation to crawl out of the primordial soup. With that said all you people can go frack yourselves. Enjoy being the syphilitic inbreds you are. Remember when you take off your walmart vests. Or finish whatever menial jobs you barely subsist with. Your not the kings you think you are. Because you play some crappy video games. Your the same pathetic morons you will always be. Cya scum wads...

cheezman3
11-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Wow this is by far the worst forum I ever seen. Filled with trolls and xbox pukes. Its people like these trying justify there pitiful existence is why I gave up xbox live 3 years ago. Mindlessly attacking everyone who posts here. Your mommies must be be proud of what they created. I'm sure they know now the best part of their animals were flushed away after their delivery. You have a troll here who has never even played this game. What joy you people aren't.

Meanwhile nobody will even acknowledge the obvious reason for this thread. You try to play this early mission only to be attacked by 50 AI's at the same time. That's long before you get any pouch upgrades. Even though I do have the uplay upgrade. I don't think that worked. Its amazing how everyone here can't read the underlined part. But there are plenty of people filled with venom here how nice.

I'm actually surprised most of the trolls who posted here can actually walk erect. These pigs must be their proud families first generation to crawl out of the primordial soup. With that said all you people can go frack yourselves. Enjoy being the syphilitic inbreds you are. Remember when you take off your walmart vests. Or finish whatever menial jobs you barely subsist with. Your not the kings you think you are. Because you play some crappy video games. Your the same pathetic morons you will always be. Cya scum wads...

I am not a troll nor an "xbox puke" and when I first read the OP, I thought you were complaining just to complain.

I went through all 12 sequences without doing a single upgrade. If you complain about being attacked too much. Practice, don't come crying to the internet saying how the game sucks.

As for the UPlay upgrade, you have to craft the upgrades for the quiver, cartridges, smoke bombs, snares, etc. after you purchase it from the UPlay store.

Layytez
11-05-2012, 02:28 AM
bullets are smaller than arrows? :)

also, I don't find the need to use long range weapons as much. Though I understand your point about the bows. I would prefer to use a silent bow over the noise of a pistol. For this reason, I only use the pistol when in open combat. 16 is plenty, considering if you are being stealthy, sometimes the best approach is to go past the enemy than through them. 16 should be enough for the ones in the way :)

16 is enough but considering i spent points on the life scratcher pack I thought I would get more bows and everything else.