PDA

View Full Version : Where AC3 went wrong. logic wise. [spoilers]

TrueAssassin77
11-04-2012, 08:39 AM
1. Makings assassin recruits not wear the assassin robes. Why in the hell do I want a freaking cook come to my aid

2. Limiting conners screen time far to much. Seriously, I didn't buy this game to play as haythem. I bought it to play Conner.

3. Making combat strictly dual wield. On top of that, can only dual wield with hidden blades. Why can't I use 2 swords or a sword and tomahawk?

doogsy91
11-04-2012, 10:02 AM
I'll agree with you only on the second point. I think dual wielding with two tomahawks or two swords would look and feel silly and none of the Assassin's in AC2 wore robes so I don't see it as a problem.

InfectedNation
11-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Sorry to de-rail the thread for a second but:

WHY DOES NOBODY SPELL *CONNOR AND *HAYTHAM CORRECTLY ON THE INTERNET?????

Rant over, just a small thing that winds me up.

SpitfireSpud
11-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Sorry to de-rail the thread for a second but:

WHY DOES NOBODY SPELL *CONNOR AND *HAYTHAM CORRECTLY ON THE INTERNET?????

Rant over, just a small thing that winds me up.

laziness?

Apirka
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
2. Limiting conners screen time far to much. Seriously, I didn't buy this game to play as haythem. I bought it to play Conner.

Oh, come on, you spend, far, far more time playing Connor than Haytham. Unfortunately, considering that Haytham was actually an interesting character, unlike Connor. Of course, maybe less time with Haytham might have hidden that...

TrueAssassin77
11-04-2012, 05:57 PM
^smh.

Apirka
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
^smh.

That did come off a bit harsh when I reread it now... But I'd just finished the game then and was... not happy with it. But still. Haytham was what kept me interested in Connor's story. Connor himself just didn't really grip me.

Silent Running5
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM

I was wondering the same thing as I was playing Haytham, but at the end of the session it had a nice plot twist and was very surprised when we found out that Connors father was a Templar, For that fact alone I enjoyed it. But besides that point, you do spend a lot of time as Connors, so it wasn't a big deal.

SquarePolo27
11-04-2012, 08:21 PM
1. No.
2. No.
3. Maybe.

TrueAssassin77
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
I was wondering the same thing as I was playing Haytham, but at the end of the session it had a nice plot twist and was very surprised when we found out that Connors father was a Templar, For that fact alone I enjoyed it. But besides that point, you do spend a lot of time as Connors, so it wasn't a big deal.

You spend more time with every other assassin in the series. Conner got Less playing time then everyone

Apirka
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
You spend more time with every other assassin in the series. Conner got Less playing time then everyone

He also only has one game (yet?). Altair had one main game and two sidegames and showed up in ACR, Ezio had three main games and one side game, and Connor just has AC3. And I'd say even then you probably play as him more than as Desmond, who, after all appeared in all five main games. And Connor had nine DNA sequences -- that's the same Ezio had in CAB and ACR. AC2 had more, not sure about AC1 (but I think that could have actually been less).

TrueAssassin77
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
We are fooling ourselves if we think we are getting a connor sequel. Desmond is dead. Unless desmonds dad jumps into rhe animus it wont happen

TheFearHasMe
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I haven't beat it yet so I'm not sure on how the end coincides with Haytham, although I have an idea. Still, I was a bit aggravated that I had to play through so many sequences as Haytham...I wanted to take to the trees and lay a hurtin' down on some red coats.

At least I can throughout the game now, one thing that really bothers me about this game is that it seems to push you along in too hurried of a pace...So I restarted and am taking in the little things the world has to offer this time around.