PDA

View Full Version : Where are the **** shops and how do i get rid of weapons?! Patch this!

JACKEDRAM1500
11-04-2012, 08:31 AM
This must be a glitch in the game because i have only seen shops displayed twice since starting and i'm on the 10th chapter. In the very beginning and as soon as NY is unlocked but now none are showing again and it's starting to piss me off. How do i get the shops to be displayed on the map and i'm not looking for the peddler wagon.

One other thing i have a battle axe stuck on my waist and i can't even use it or get rid of it. They need to patch this crap because it's ruining the game for me.

Pepperz90
11-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Idk your problem with the shops, but I did find out that buying a large/blunt/sword weapon replaces eachother. You only have room for one of those. On the other hand it works for the tomahawk and the daggers also, as they replace eachother and you cannot have both. I hope you understand.

JACKEDRAM1500
11-04-2012, 08:50 AM
I can't switch weapons because i can't get to any shops. I've literally played the entire game with the same weapon. I'm not the only person going through this either it's all over the internet.

Please someone figure this out.

TaleraRis
11-04-2012, 09:03 AM
They don't always show the marker on the map, but the door should be sparkling. If you can't find the city ones, go out into the Frontier. They're easy to find there because they're in the small villages.

Pepperz90
11-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Simple solution, craft a sword. Equip it from the manor basement...

Or even simpler, kill a captain, steal his sword.

Rithrius
11-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Not like you need other weapons in this game. The Assassin's Tomahawk is already one of the best weapons.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Are you doing the viewpoints? That is what unlocks the icons on the map, not simply exploring the city (I think, anyway ;o). As someone posted in another topic about how to get rid of a weapon, buy a blunt weapon and then throw it at an enemy/animal with Y/Triangle to get rid of it. Then just never pick up one again. :)

JACKEDRAM1500
11-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Ok so i found a shop in NY and i bought a boarding axe and some treasure maps. But my problem is how do i use it? All the weapons i have are on me but it seems like only one is usable?

Sorry this is my first AC game.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Hold R2/RB to open weapon wheel. Use L-stick to select weapon you want to use, or R-stick to select tool. You can assign whichever four you want to the dpad. :)

JACKEDRAM1500
11-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah i just figured that out haha. Can't believe i've gone this far and didn't even notice.

Things are starting to make sense now.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 10:34 AM
As Haythan in earlier sequences, there were no tailor shops or anything right? You couldn't do anything w/ his clothes?
All I found were 2 general stores for weapons, nothing else was supposed to open at that point? Just checking becuz I did at least 5 or 6 synchs to open the map in the area.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 10:49 AM
...in earlier sequences, there were no tailor shops or anything right?
There are tailor shops at all?! :O

I've only found the general stores.

JACKEDRAM1500
11-04-2012, 11:11 AM

It really seems like they leave you blind with everything. Kinda ruins it if someone completes the story and then finds out they missed so much.

Not to mention all the crafting and stuff. How can they put all this in the game and then not teach you how to use it or even tell you it's there at all.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 11:14 AM

I wouldn't know yet outside Seq. 1 - beginning of Seq. 5... Maybe there aren't any other shops but general stores that sell everything we use?
I have to admit that I enjoyed ACB & ACR acquiring $$ to open all the shops. I read that you can dye his outfit & stuff, so I just assumed they had separate Tailor shops.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 11:14 AM
It really seems like they leave you blind with everything. Kinda ruins it if someone completes the story and then finds out they missed so much.
So there are tailor shops? Wow. I figured there were only general stores and peddlers, as they are only ones that showed up on my map and its the general store that sells your new dyed outfits. Must go hunting in the cities soon then. To be fair I've not spent much time in the cities compared to frontier/homestead, so my missing them doesn't annoy me or anything. ^^
Edit:

I read that you can dye his outfit & stuff, so I just assumed they had separate Tailor shops.
Ooh, well then. As ^ the general stores are the one that sells the new dyed versions of outfit. You guys got my hopes up there lol.

JACKEDRAM1500
11-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Where do i find these craftsmen like blacksmiths and all those guys and how do you level them up?

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I did find a small group of 3 Vigilantes standing outside a bldg. in Boston.... and yes I did find a moving Peddler cart but it sold less stuff than the General store did.
I just jumped up on the cart & talked to the guy driving it (are you supposed to wait for it to stop? lol)

I guess they don't need the individual stores if a General Store sells everything including dye jobs & weapons/ammo ?
I can really see how Devs listened to gamers comments last year from ACR. MANY people complained that they were tired of all the Shop stuff.
They took out you having to 'liberate' them all & probly condensed them in 1 General Store?.
Be careful what you wish for AC people. GRRRRRRRRR.
I like the old system of things - it gave me a sense of accomplishment to open the stores & use them....lots more chests too (but then that made for me having WAYYYYY too much bankroll later in the game). oh well. There is no such thing as perfection in games.