PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no FREE ROAM SAILING?

bloodmark3
11-04-2012, 02:55 AM
This kills me. It really does.
I've been a loyal assassin's creed fan for a long time, and one of my biggest issues is re playability

Ubisoft spent an obviously long time on this brand new sailing system that NO game has been able to capture. This is the best sailing mechanic in any game to date.
But you did nothing with it.

-First, we were told free roam sailing was possible in the E3 preview. So I guess that was a lie.
-Second, with all the work you put into this sailing thing, why would you not allow generic unscripted sailing and naval combat?
-Third. Do you HONESTLY think anyone will have the 102k pounds worth of upgrades before they beat the game and most of the naval missions? By the time you have anywhere near enough money to buy the upgrades, there is no sailing left.
-Fourth. This is probably one of the main things that would increase replayability. After the generic "run around and collect a bunch of items for an outfit" missions, there is really nothing to do in AC3. There is no immersion in this game. Sitting, talking to civilians, being anything close to a normal human being. There is nothing of the sort in AC3. So that replay value is gone. There are no random events, so that replay value is gone.
All that is left is combat. Ground combat is incredibly boring after about a thousand kills. So i was looking forward to something in naval combat. Something brand new that no game has been able to do.

There is honestly no reason naval combat and exploration shouldn't be in this game. I dont care if it's just sailing around an open ocean and fighting other ships. I just want to sail around in a fully upgraded ship as a powerful captain. So much effort put into 3 hours of gameplay. I just don't get it ubisoft..

MRNMRSPACER
11-04-2012, 03:11 AM
yeah i was dissapointed at that

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:12 AM
I believe it was to be included at some point, but was ultimately removed for some reason; evident by the various contradictions in Interviews early on in the Game`s marketing campaign..

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 03:16 AM
I agree sailing was a new feature in the assassin universe and they didn't capitalize on it.
After beating the campaign there was nothing left but combat so I had hoped the sailing would allow for more options to keep me entertained, instead I get a stupid haircut and no hood, with over 100,000 pounds spent on an oversized paper weight.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:17 AM
There are random events actually.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:18 AM
There are random events actually.
No, I was an Idiot and I had a bug..

It was a liberation mission -_-

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:18 AM
I agree sailing was a new feature in the assassin universe and they didn't capitalize on it.
After beating the campaign there was nothing left but combat so I had hoped the sailing would allow for more options to keep me entertained, instead I get a stupid haircut and no hood, with over 100,000 pounds spent on an oversized paper weight.
You still have side missions after you beat the main story...

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 03:19 AM
I do wish it was open world or there were just a lot more missions. This biggest thing to me that I wish and thought they were going to do is randomly generated content. I wanted there to be random poachers hanging someone from a cliff like they had in that one mission or random battles in the fields between the regulars and the rebels. I wanted to see a random group of soldiers ransacking one of the towns and executions. The liberation missions were great but they were limited and didn't reoccur after you finished them. I can understand why they wouldn't come back up in the city, but they could still go on out in the frontier. These are just a few things, but I still love the game

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:21 AM
I do wish it was open world or there were just a lot more missions. This biggest thing to me that I wish and thought they were going to do is randomly generated content. I wanted there to be random poachers hanging someone from a cliff like they had in that one mission or random battles in the fields between the regulars and the rebels. I wanted to see a random group of soldiers ransacking one of the towns and executions. The liberation missions were great but they were limited and didn't reoccur after you finished them. I can understand why they wouldn't come back up in the city, but they could still go on out in the frontier. These are just a few things, but I still love the game
I made a thread about that, actually, but no one seemed interested enough to reply, because guess what ? It was not Stupid enough to bash the game mindlessly and was not biased enough to praise the game blindly.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:22 AM

I don't even know what those really are.. maybe those are random events that they changed to be not random.

I wonder if the PC version will get a 'Directors Cut' like AC1..
:P

Stronger hardware may behave better with the engine :/

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:23 AM
I don't even know what those really are.. maybe those are random events that they changed to be not random.

I wonder if the PC version will get a 'Directors Cut' like AC1..
:P

Stronger hardware may behave better with the engine :/
They are random, but sadly... The have an end...stupid

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Huh, well... maybe they'll have a dlc which lets them occur in free-roam? I remember that ACB's DLC added some new things.

bloodmark3
11-04-2012, 03:26 AM
They are random, but sadly... The have an end...stupid

That's one of my biggest issues. Re playability is a huge deal in a game. So when you have "random events" that don't continue it's like...."What now?"
That's why it would be nice to cruise around on a ship I spent 100k pounds on. Dominating the seas like a 18th century privateer. Anything to keep the game going.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Huh, well... maybe they'll have a dlc which lets them occur in free-roam? I remember that ACB's DLC added some new things.
That was what my thread was about..I wanted someone from the Devs to see it, but its in the third page because of the many threads being made -_-

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 03:29 AM
You still have side missions after you beat the main story...

True but those are easy to beat, so when those are gone then what?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:30 AM
True but those are easy to beat, so when those are gone then what?
Nothing.. I completely agree and understand your gripe..

Who`s with me to start a petition to make the liberation missions Unending ??

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 03:33 AM
I made a thread about that, actually, but no one seemed interested enough to reply, because guess what ? It was not Stupid enough to bash the game mindlessly and was not biased enough to praise the game blindly.

Yeah, to me this game is awesome. The bashing is dumb bc most games this big will have bugs at first now days, and AC3 is a huge improvement from the previous games but stays true to its ways of story telling. I'm realizing that it's still an assassin's creed game and less of an American Revolution game. I really would like to see more fighting between the pats and the red coats out in the frontier where you can just sit back in a tree and watch. Even in the frontier demo, we see patriot soldiers walking towards a fort to fight the british then Connor goes in takes out the templar. Ubi even said we can wait it out and head in full force with the Pats or do it on our own to take out the templar swiftly and get out. It would have been nice to even get in the middle of the battles and you decide who to side with and who to fight. The side you don't attack first allies with you.

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Nothing.. I completely agree and understand your gripe..

Who`s with me to start a petition to make the liberation missions Unending ??

me 100%. Or have UBI work on a User generate content mechanic allowing something like Infamous 2 that way we create the senarios

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:34 AM
I wouldn't say that all of the side missions are easy to beat. Also what do you do? Move onto another game. The other games have the same 'problem'.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 03:35 AM
I just want to free sail and keep the hair/hood I didn't think I was asking a lot.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:37 AM
The best thing to do would be to have a free roam naval area where you can get into random fights with pirates.

Assassin_M
me 100%. Or have UBI work on a User generate content mechanic allowing something like Infamous 2 that way we create the senarios
That may be too much, I just want something to keep the game going...

Lets ask for the reasonable to be granted, but not for the unreasonable to be Ignored..

Just let the Liberation missions be Unending and add more variations...the Idea is there, really..just read my thread.. you do not have to post in it, just read it..http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/722934-NPC-DLC-Pack

bloodmark3
The best thing to do would be to have a free roam naval area where you can get into random fights with pirates.
Exactly. At E3 they said we'd have unscripted open world sailing. And I have yet to see any of this...

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:38 AM
I just want to free sail and keep the hair/hood I didn't think I was asking a lot.
It isn't, but you make it sound like you aren't getting much out of the game. :/

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 03:42 AM
I wouldn't say that all of the side missions are easy to beat. Also what do you do? Move onto another game. The other games have the same 'problem'.

Because I didn't buy AC3 to be like a condom, use it and move onto another I bought it to be like a magical girl who can't get pregnant and keeps things fun and exciting long after our first time together.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 03:45 AM
It isn't, but you make it sound like you aren't getting much out of the game. :/

No the game was great had a blast playing but that's my point sailing was great now I would like them to continue that great gameplay.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:46 AM
Because I didn't buy AC3 to be like a condom, use it and move onto another I bought it to be like a magical girl who can't get pregnant and keeps things fun and exciting long after our first time together.
Buy an MMO.

And I would rather have the game be the girl I get to raise my children with. Ah, my two girls: Aquila and Homestdad. Ain't they beautiful?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:46 AM
The Problem here, Jexx..is that we were promised and shown random events, but we did not get those...
The game is Awesome, but it irks to think that all this beautiful, fun and full of Immersion experience will just end... Like that..It`ll become one of those games that I pop in when bored. run around for a few moments and then close the console... Its scary.. that`s why I`m desperately pushing for this NPC DLC pack..

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:47 AM
I buy the game for the singleplayer and stick around for the multiplayer.

Black_Widow9
11-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Please make sure you also add this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)

bloodmark3
11-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Buy an MMO.

And I would rather have the game be the girl I get to raise my children with. Ah, my two girls: Aquila and Homestdad. Ain't they beautiful?

Jexx the thing is, you shouldn't have to buy an MMO to get a re playable game.
Game developers need to stop making these games that last for 30 hours.
If civ 5, Skyrim, and San Andreas can have constant content for me to continue playing for weeks, every other game can do it too.
We can't just sit back and settle with this type of thing. Nothing will ever change.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Err.. you realize: I want this too. I'm just not going to complain if I don't get it.

bloodmark3
11-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Err.. you realize: I want this too. I'm just not going to complain if I don't get it.
Then how will developers ever know we want these things?
If you don't suggest change, if you don't criticize, they will think they are making a perfect game every time.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Buy an MMO.

Instead of buying an mmo I'd rather get with fellow gamers and get their feedback in a chance that the game developers might notice their consumers not being fully satisfied after paying good money. So I'm not going to rinse and repeat every time a game disappoints, the developers need to know there's a problem otherwise gamers will never get what they want and pay for.

BATISTABUS
11-04-2012, 03:56 AM
It'd be pointless to have free-roam the way things are now...there'd be nothing to do. Maybe in the next game we'll get the opportunity to explore different islands, fight pirates, and fish/HUNT WHALES. I wouldn't mind more drawn-out missions in the style of the Peg-Leg mission(s). It'd be a lot to add, so I don't think we could look forward to that in a DLC.

Jexx21
I do support it: check my posts. Hell, I'm going to send the suggestion to them thru facebook message.

ProBomb2012
Maybe its gonna be like AC2 when they added a dlc that adds missions and being able to fly around tuscany when ever you want, their probobly gonna add naval free roam as a dlc, but really they should pacth it anyways cuse why would they even add naval battles, and upgardes?

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Instead of buying an mmo I'd rather get with fellow gamers and get their feedback in a chance that the game developers might notice their consumers not being fully satisfied after paying good money. So I'm not going to rinse and repeat every time a game disappoints, the developers need to know there's a problem otherwise gamers will never get what they want and pay for.
My issue is, how is this truly disappointing?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 04:02 AM
Its not so much of a disapointment, but more of a feeling of Betrayal, because we were told there would be free roam, but in full honesty, they did change their words later on..

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 04:07 AM

Because another year passes and we're still at a standstill with gaming, play it till you beat it and then put it on your shelf until one day you decide you're bored enough to have another go at it for 30 minutes. It's nothing new for gaming, AC3 being a big example - the new graphics and physics are great but they make a new feature like sailing which all it needs is an open world touch to keep the player immersed and do they? No so to answer your question the disappointment comes from the repetition and lack of immersion we see in games these days.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:13 AM
Huh?

I replay games. A lot. I restart them and replay them. Like movies or books. I never 'bore' of my favorite games
I would restart AC3 even if it did have random events and free roam sailing, because those usually don't give the same experience that I'm looking for. It's like watching an action movie, having the story end, and then just watching the main character kill people for another hour with no plot.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 04:24 AM
I stand by wanting a free roam sail and his hair/hood fixed if that's asking too much then so be it I guess I ask too much for the good chunk of change I spent however it also irritates me to see other gamers not enjoying their experience to it's full potential as well and that what the developers need to see.

bloodmark3
11-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Huh?

I replay games. A lot. I restart them and replay them. Like movies or books. I never 'bore' of my favorite games
I would restart AC3 even if it did have random events and free roam sailing, because those usually don't give the same experience that I'm looking for. It's like watching an action movie, having the story end, and then just watching the main character kill people for another hour with no plot.

Why would you want the same experience over and over?
There is no humanity. There is no immersion. There is no increase in quality.
I like investing into a character, I like completing their story, and having their legacy continue forever.
I spent a good 20 hours on connor. I want to continue with him, not reset him and do the same thing all over again.
Games are not movies. We do not sit back and watch them. We invest in them. We live them. We become them.

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Why would you want the same experience over and over?
There is no humanity. There is no immersion. There is no increase in quality.
I like investing into a character, I like completing their story, and having their legacy continue forever.
I spent a good 20 hours on connor. I want to continue with him, not reset him and do the same thing all over again.
Games are not movies. We do not sit back and watch them. We invest in them. We live them. We become them.

I take it you are not a fan of the uncharted games and a huge fan of skyrim. But I agree with you since this is an open world game. But if you think about it, even the Zelda games didn't have much to do in terms of side content especially ocarina of time but I think everyone stayed immersed in that game for a long time. You can still find ways to do that in this game and make up your plots and stories but it would be nice to random events (random people to save/random targets to assassinate/random battles to fight) like in red dead to build more immersion. hopefully they can at least make the liberation mission inifinite

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:38 AM
You speak on something subjective as if it's fact. I replay games to further understand the story, not simply to 'experience the same thing' as you say. Besides that, I don't always experience the same thing each time.

Also, consider that as you wish to immerse yourself in a game, you are immersing yourself in something made through the hard work of a group of people. And though they try, they can't make it perfect. But they put as much work, no, more, into the game as us, and whatever they removed, I think they removed it because they thought it would be better for the game. But who knows, maybe they just hate the people.

bloodmark3
11-04-2012, 04:39 AM
I take it you are not a fan of the uncharted games and a huge fan of skyrim. But I agree with you since this is an open world game. But if you think about it, even the Zelda games didn't have much to do in terms of side content especially ocarina of time but I think everyone stayed immersed in that game for a long time. You can still find ways to do that in this game and make up your plots and stories but it would be nice to random events (random people to save/random targets to assassinate/random battles to fight) like in red dead to build more immersion. hopefully they can at least make the liberation mission inifinite
Well there are certain games that are designed for certain things. I did not stay in Ocarina of Time by repeating the story. The story itself lasted hours. Many many hours. And it kept me for a very long time. I'll always love it for nostalgia purposes. But i'll still keep my point of there being nothing to do afterwards. No more upgrades. No more masks. No more bosses. As much as I LOVE ocarina, it is a shelf game for me. Same with uncharted. While it may be a great story, it will sit on my shelf forever, and I'm dissapointed.

The reason I hit AC3 so hard, is the potential they had.
They made a brand new sailing system, that had alot of potential to increase replayability. Very easy to see potential. And they didn't do it. Even worse they lied about it.
So not only was it lazy, and stuck to the same old "let's not add any more than we have to" technique, it was lied about.
OOT didn't have anything it could have done, it was an old game. There wasn't much to improve on back then.
Uncharted has never been open world, there wasn't much they could do.
AC3 is a fully open-world game, with a gigantic ocean, full of possibilities ubisoft just didn't feel like grasping.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:40 AM
Oh, and unending liberation missions and random pirate attacks would still be experiencing the same thing over and over by the way.

bloodmark3
11-04-2012, 04:42 AM
You speak on something subjective as if it's fact. I replay games to further understand the story, not simply to 'experience the same thing' as you say. Besides that, I don't always experience the same thing each time.

Also, consider that as you wish to immerse yourself in a game, you are immersing yourself in something made through the hard work of a group of people. And though they try, they can't make it perfect. But they put as much work, no, more, into the game as us, and whatever they removed, I think they removed it because they thought it would be better for the game. But who knows, maybe they just hate the people.

I'm not asking for perfection. I'm asking for progress. While the graphics, story, and physics may have gotten better; How much replayability was added from AC2 and AC1?
Their idea of added content to the game is still "collect some feathers, and do some side tasks that will dissapear". I give them as much credit as possible for creating a great game. But they did not improve on it. And that is my problem.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:42 AM
And they didn't lie about it, seeing as they retracted their statements..

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 04:43 AM

I respect the work done, in my opinion the sailing was the best part, I think they did an amazing job on it which is exactly why I criticize it's removal.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:44 AM
I'm not asking for perfection. I'm asking for progress. While the graphics, story, and physics may have gotten better; How much replayability was added from AC2 and AC1?
Their idea of added content to the game is still "collect some feathers, and do some side tasks that will dissapear". I give them as much credit as possible for creating a great game. But they did not improve on it. And that is my problem.

But they did improve upon it. You don't want a game, you want a substitute for life.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:45 AM
I respect the work done, in my opinion the sailing was the best part, I think they did an amazing job on it which is exactly why I criticize it's removal.

Then speak up for a game that is primarily naval based. Let's play as a pirate.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 04:50 AM

Assassins creed is a great game to speak up for in terms of naval considering that the main character is captain of a ship and an assassin.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Oh, I agree! I just want a game where we play as a pirate too. It would be interesting to have it be in India..

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 04:57 AM
That would be cool

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 05:00 AM
I still want random missions and naval free-roam, but I don't think it's crucial to the game, as after the game and all side missions are done, there's no plot left to uncover, and it.feels meaningless. Less meaningless than if they weren't there, but still meaningless.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 05:12 AM
This thread is simply for people who want naval free roam with hopes that ubisoft may see it and rethink their strategy (and the stupid haircut) that's it.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 05:15 AM
You didn't make this topic, so you can't say that. And the hair cut is unrelated to the topic, the OP never.admitted it

Unless you made 2 accounts..

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 05:19 AM
The guy who made it is my best friend who decided to make it on account of a conversation we were having so confidently yes I can say that.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 05:20 AM
Kk. I can see I'm not wanted in this discussion. Goodbye

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 05:21 AM
The guy who made it is my best friend who decided to make it on account of a conversation we were having so confidently yes I can say that.
Still.... You are not the OP.. and maybe JUST maybe... He`s okay with talking about other things in his thread..

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 05:25 AM
He was pissed about the hair and open sailing he suggested I start a thread but knew I wouldn't so he did. I know the and he is ok with it, there is no maybe.

ProBomb2012
11-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Ok this is going way off topic, now about the naval battles not having free roam

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Kk. I can see I'm not wanted in this discussion. Goodbye

No one said you were not wanted?

Ix FaTaLiiTy II
11-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Why no freeroam sailing?

Well.....

This wasn't Pirate's Creed last time I checked.

Black_Widow9
11-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Let's quit it with the attitudes. Unless you guys want to stay on Topic this is getting locked.

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 06:38 AM

That's how I feel about any good games I played. Some of my friends often rag on me for playing certain games over and over, yet they've done the same with Super Metroid, Link to the Past, FFVI/III, you know, the good ones. Their idea of replayability only includes the likes of Mass Effect/Heavy Rain(pretty good games) choose your own adventure games. But like you, my experience with gameplay and story varies for each playthrough.

In short, if it's good, I'll play it again from the very beginning.

As for the topic at hand, if they can make free roam sailing as interesting as Connor free-roaming the frontier, I'll be all for it. Maybe they'll have a DLC that allows free roam for us to discover a batch of locations, or better yet, to fight krakens.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 06:50 AM
No free roam sailing because they are saving that for a fully explorable carribean (spelling ;b) pirate game where you explore loads of islands, towns, yadda yadda. Like that awesome pirates of the carribean game from years ago that had nothing to do with the movies.

It seems their water/weather tech is too good not to have it in its own pirate themed game, imo.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Sailing doesn't mean pirates it means sailing which was a big deal during that time period or has everyone forgotten that Connor Kenway is a naval captain. You can argue all you want but he is capt of a ship as well as an assassin, fact.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 07:03 AM
We never said he wasn't.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 07:07 AM
We never said he wasn't.

My comment was directed towards those who mentioned it isn't a pirate game.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 07:11 AM
I think it rather simple really. Look at it from developer perspective. They have enough naval stuff in the game to get the story and the experience across but have stopped short of free roam and explorable islands and so on. Why? Because if they gave us all that now, less people would buy the eventual pirate game or naval DLC.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 07:11 AM
But no one said that. It's just right now there isn't Naval free-roam because there isn't anything to do on the ocean but sail. They would have to put more work into it. I would rather have them put efforts into making a game that is primarily naval based.

Tyradd
11-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Yes one guy replied "last time I checked this wasn't pirates creed" so my rebuttle was no but he is a naval captain.

sverslaughter
11-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I have played all the assassin creed games and they were all fun, but I was getting a little bored with what seemed to me like doing the same things or at least similiar things over and over again. I was not going to buy assassins creed 3 until I heard about the naval combat. It seemed like a great idea if it was free roam. I looked at many sites and a couple videos on youtube to see if it was in fact free roam. Must be I looked in all the wrong places because I was lead to believe it would be free roam naval play so that is why I decided to get 3. The game was actually more fun then I expected though. The Naval combat was amazing I thought along with the story, graphics, and ground combat, but I was disappointed that I couldnt just board the Aquila and sail freely around the islands fighting randomly spawned enemy ships. I agree with the OP on this 100%

True_Assassin92
11-05-2012, 03:20 PM
We could sue ubisoft for false and misleading advertisement :p

SquareToShoot
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Removed. You really have to wonder why the hell they would remove free roam sailing. Was it really too much trouble to just let us sail the boat? Like in all the **** missions? They really couldn't be bothered just leaving in the ability to just sail freely? It's not like it would even have required any **** work...

Awful lot of ridiculous design decisions lately in Ubisoft games.

kriegerdesgottes
11-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I agree but maybe they meant you could free roam around in the mission because they didn't want to have to say you couldn't do it normally after the game. Also didn't they say you could let go of the wheel and walk around your ship during the mission? Because I can't do that either.

ProBomb2012
11-06-2012, 05:38 AM
Maybe its gonna be like AC2 like when they made a add on that adds missions in tuscany and alowed to fly around tucany with the flying machine, maybe thats what their gonna do with naval battle, who knows cuse really having nothing to do with YOUR SHIP but just look at it, gets absolutly boring.

The Cuchulainn
11-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Idk, I find it an easy thing to implement, the ocean can be cut up like the different sections of the wilderness; asking permission to travel from one to the other.
Does not take any extra space really considering most of it I would figure would be open water (naval battles are already implemented, just need random occurrences)
It fits soooo well. Whether its protecting shipping routes for trade (which I still dont know how to do via boat) or traveling from A to B, pirates can come about and then you either choose to attack or run. Plus whether is already implemented (at least thats what was boasted in many interviews...that the weather is fully dynamic and can change in an instant).

I really dont see why take it out...as for the DLC excuse, its smart but I think with all the negative reviews and lieing (yes, they lied in E3), it has hurt their sales currently then later on. And not having the tools or abilities makes no sense because it is clearly in game.

No its not assassins creed of the Caribbean and yes, he isnt a pirate, but none of that is the point. If the company wants to boast so much about this being a big feature because it was big in history, then shoot, make it worth while. Because all it has done is disappoint fans and I reckon this is my last AC3 because quite frankly, it feels as if a different company has taken over.

blacklimoband
11-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Maybe its gonna be like AC2 like when they made a add on that adds missions in tuscany and alowed to fly around tucany with the flying machine, maybe thats what their gonna do with naval battle, who knows cuse really having nothing to do with YOUR SHIP but just look at it, gets absolutly boring.

Agreed, but I do have to say, she is a rather good looking ship :)

Nnamerif
11-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Don't know if I posted it in this thread already or a different one but I'm all for the free roam if they don't add it in this assassins creed hopefully they'll do a sequel to Conner's exploits and branch off into another game like brotherhood or something under the same assassins creed story just more of a side story where sailing and pirating is more at its core.

pirate1802
11-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Because all it has done is disappoint fans and I reckon this is my last AC3 because quite frankly, it feels as if a different company has taken over.

Is it that bad? I guess I'll figure it out when I play..

zhengyingli
11-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Is it that bad? I guess I'll figure it out when I play..
It's not that bad. No free roaming is extremely disappointing, but the missions themselves are pretty awesome.

The Cuchulainn
11-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Well its not the free roaming that has me feeling that way but just the poor way the game was done. Dont really understand how it can be so bad when they made the other ACs. Just way too much content I guess and too poor of planning

projectpat06
11-07-2012, 05:39 AM
I proposed this before, but I doubt we'll get it...

Since we are getting "The Tyranny of King Washington" as an alternate story for DLC, my wish is that they expand on the naval mechanics and give us that open world of sailing in a another alternate story. Have a map in the Caribbean that has several islands and a semi large port town to sail between and explore to allow for more free running, fighting, looting, and new general stores to get new items. Have a set story that has Connor stuck between a legendary Pirate and of course the British Armada. Allow us to hand over the wheel of the ship to Mr. Faulkner and move around the ship as we please. Also give us the ability to go into our Captain Quarters and upgrade it with mementos. I would like to have a reason to continue to use all my upgrades on the ship and continue to use the awesome captain outfit and captain kidd outfit. There's plenty of potential in this to just use the mechanics and resources that you already have. If you can make a game in a year, you can do this DLC in a few months. Thank you Ubisoft.

ProBomb2012
11-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Agreed, but I do have to say, she is a rather good looking ship :)
No doubt :)

Phil_Nihl
11-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Someone please, and I cannot express this more emphatically, PLEASE, GET THIS MESSAGE TO A DEVELOPER! Ubisoft should create an entire game based on the mechanics and action of the naval missions in Assassin's Creed III. I would pay foolish amounts of money for a full game that had naval missions at its core and had an exploration/trade/battle side quests on land. FOOLISH amounts of money. Ideally this game would be similar to Sid Meier's Pirates! game but with a next-gen game engine.

NAVAL MISSIONS!

TeamCoby
11-08-2012, 02:40 AM
I spent all my money on the Aquila, then I found out I can't use it anymore. :mad:

chrispile
11-08-2012, 02:54 AM
I am restarting right now so I can get back on the water. Its just amazing.

chrispile
11-08-2012, 02:58 AM
I am restarting right now so I can get back on the water. Its just amazing.
"I didn't realize I was paying you guys to Loll about".

Berrg3
11-08-2012, 03:09 AM
It sucks but, oh well.

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 03:40 AM
I'll say it again. Open world sailing dlc in the Caribbean with islands and a port town to explore, free run, and fight. Have access to the captain's quarters to upgrade with mementos, weapons, and outfits. Easy peasy

chrispile
11-08-2012, 03:48 AM
I completely agree. I would be happy just to have re-occurring privateer missions.

CalgaryJay
11-08-2012, 03:51 AM
In all my Frontier'ing, I somehow kinda forgot about Naval besides that first mission, just doing a few now. Man, Naval is awesome! It's addicting, just did all the trade route clearing in one shot.

I agree a DLC even with just that alone would be well worth it. The nice thing too is with all the ridiculously over the top hunting I've been doing, I could afford to buy a few add on's..

Actually one question regarding sailing + account book stuff; I know I just cleared up all my trade routes, so how do I go about actually sending things on these routes? I just hear you make some mad coin off it. Will it just be a new option in the "convoy" part of crafting? Thanks

projectpat06
11-08-2012, 03:58 AM
In all my Frontier'ing, I somehow kinda forgot about Naval besides that first mission, just doing a few now. Man, Naval is awesome! It's addicting, just did all the trade route clearing in one shot.

I agree a DLC even with just that alone would be well worth it. The nice thing too is with all the ridiculously over the top hunting I've been doing, I could afford to buy quite a few add on's.

Actually one question regarding sailing + account book stuff; I know I just cleared up all my trade routes, so how do I go about actually sending things on these routes? I just hear you make some mad coin off it. Will it just be a new option in the "convoy" part of crafting? Thanks

In the crafting section under special items, there is a recipe to craft trade ships like there are to craft land caravans. You have to have the recipe and artisans in the homestead to do this though.

And for the DLC, I want don't want it to just be a few more epic missions where you only steer and shoot and board a ship maybe once. I want to actually be sail where I want in this caribbean map from island to island and encounter random privateers or pirates. The weather should be unscripted like the weather in the frontier. You should be able to leave to stop the boat the leave the wheel whenever and walk around your ship inside and out. You should be able to dock your ship or lower one of the boats and row to an island then go explore it. Lost of awesome potential. I would like this more than Undead Nightmare which was one of the coolest dlc's yet in an open world game.

I would pay $20 like an expansion pack for Skyrim in heartbeat too if it's done right

rileypoole1234
11-08-2012, 04:09 AM
I'll say it again. Open world sailing dlc in the Caribbean with islands and a port town to explore, free run, and fight. Have access to the captain's quarters to upgrade with mementos, weapons, and outfits. Easy peasy

While I'm usually the extremely biased towards Ubi member here, just supporting every decision they make, I like that idea. I really do just want to be able to get out on the open sea and just sail.

CalgaryJay
11-08-2012, 04:28 AM
In the crafting section under special items, there is a recipe to craft trade ships like there are to craft land caravans. You have to have the recipe and artisans in the homestead to do this though.

And for the DLC, I want don't want it to just be a few more epic missions where you only steer and shoot and board a ship maybe once. I want to actually be sail where I want in this caribbean map from island to island and encounter random privateers or pirates. The weather should be unscripted like the weather in the frontier. You should be able to leave to stop the boat the leave the wheel whenever and walk around your ship inside and out. You should be able to dock your ship or lower one of the boats and row to an island then go explore it. Lost of awesome potential. I would like this more than Undead Nightmare which was one of the coolest dlc's yet in an open world game.

I would pay $20 like an expansion pack for Skyrim in heartbeat too if it's done right

Thanks bro. And I concur with all those things. Ubisoft, shut up and take my money!

Throney
11-08-2012, 06:22 AM
kind've semi related.. i was hoping that the captain kidd missions would involve more then just teleporting straight to the location.. would've been nice if we had to sail there and battle a few man of wars along the way to get to the locations.. love this game.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-08-2012, 06:37 AM

Yes there are Random events. Once more the know it all is wrong. Convoys are Random events, same with Wolf pack Assaults, same with Thief's, Another one is forts. Forts can be random just by walking in a certain location. Random for the first time though. There are alot of random events, just ones people don't really like, or care about.

siberarmi
11-08-2012, 08:43 AM

This could be a stand alone game easly if we include more crafting and trading.
Hmmmm, the posibilities :)

Silent Running5
11-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Well its not the free roaming that has me feeling that way but just the poor way the game was done. Dont really understand how it can be so bad when they made the other ACs. Just way too much content I guess and too poor of planning

To me it feels like they took their time with the landscape, Main Story and the Naval battles ( which is one of the best features of the game ) and had to rush the side missions to make the release dead line, which is a shame, the game could of been awesome if it was only released three or six months later.

Mako
11-11-2012, 04:20 PM
The sailing and naval combat are awesome. I can see a full Pirates game coming using this engine, complete with boarding options and multi-player fleets.

AllThatJuice
11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Because its not Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker.

KemistiOMG
11-11-2012, 05:22 PM
i wish they make a big dlc with: free roam sail, new city (small or medium size) new outfit (piratish one) so the dlc should be called docks of tortuga or something and if this isnt going to happen then i want they make an assassins creed type of game of pirates

s1dragonlord
11-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by free roam sailing, but I could do some sailing around aimlessly before getting to conflicts. I also think what kind of free roaming you could do as sailing in the open seas all looks the same. Water, water everywher and nothing to see.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Maybe free-roam sailing is a little too much to ask for, but I would've loved to be able to sail to our mission destination and back to the HomeStead myself instead of ending the missions with a loading screen which teleports me back to the HomeStead.

WiriestScroll3
11-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Ubisoft set they eyes somewhere else when they make this game. Everything fun is gone. Example free roam sailing, millions of glitches/bugs, recruits aint assassins etc. Ubi we need huge DLC to make these things right. Just make one huge update for this game every platforms what fixes everything, gives us more entertaiment. You made this game in 1 year you can make that update in few months.

AllThatJuice
11-12-2012, 01:18 AM
"Just make one huge update for this game every platforms what fixes everything, gives us more entertaiment."

You want fries with that?

projectpat06
11-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Ubisoft set they eyes somewhere else when they make this game. Everything fun is gone. Example free roam sailing, millions of glitches/bugs, recruits aint assassins etc. Ubi we need huge DLC to make these things right. Just make one huge update for this game every platforms what fixes everything, gives us more entertaiment. You made this game in 1 year you can make that update in few months.

Actually they made the game in 3 years.....and I think the assassins were done right. They fit the time period.

projectpat06
11-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Maybe free-roam sailing is a little too much to ask for, but I would've loved to be able to sail to our mission destination and back to the HomeStead myself instead of ending the missions with a loading screen which teleports me back to the HomeStead.

That would take forever if you actually sailed to and from the bahamas. A free roam map with some islands to sail around and explore with one large port town would be more feasible.

MT4K
11-12-2012, 04:48 PM
How about we don't talk about spoiler-ish things that have nothing to really do with the topic?

Yeah.. i deleted posts and am not crazy....

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Yes there are Random events. Once more the know it all is wrong. Convoys are Random events, same with Wolf pack Assaults, same with Thief's, Another one is forts. Forts can be random just by walking in a certain location. Random for the first time though. There are alot of random events, just ones people don't really like, or care about.

haha lol

StUbbZ24
11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Sorry, but I feel like just free roaming with the Aquila would get really boring really fast.

freddie_1897
11-12-2012, 04:58 PM
this thread kinda annoys me. they add in naval battles and when the games released the only thing people can think to say is "why isn't it free roam?" you're lucky naval battles are even in it, stop complaining that they didn't do them the way you wanted it

Dieinthedark
11-12-2012, 08:43 PM
How do you upgrade your boat because I can't do that?
Where do you get the other homestead missions because I'm in sequence 9 at this point and there's not a single homestead mission anywhere (homestead, boston/ny,frontier). They aren't anywhere, what am I supposed to do?

ProBomb2012
11-15-2012, 05:11 AM
this thread kinda annoys me. they add in naval battles and when the games released the only thing people can think to say is "why isn't it free roam?" you're lucky naval battles are even in it, stop complaining that they didn't do them the way you wanted it
The only reason we complain, is cuse once your done with naval battles, ITS OVER ok. You cant use the Aquila anymore, and it would be useful if you can free roam with it cuse buying upgrades for the Aquila and finishing the naval battles would be a waste of in game money.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 05:22 AM
The only reason we complain, is cuse once your done with naval battles, ITS OVER ok. You cant use the Aquila anymore, and it would be useful if you can free roam with it cuse buying upgrades for the Aquila and finishing the naval battles would be a waste of in game money.
Roaming the open sea with an "Upgraded Warship" has no significance what so ever.. Why ?? Because Connor sank every other Ship.

Tsuzukie
11-24-2012, 04:35 AM

AGREE TOTALY!!! I still thing the next game should be based around sailing and pirating/trading.... Pirates Creed 1

drop the animus please! It's holding the game series back! Where to now? A third Indian a third English and a third Japanese and we can have a feudal Japan assassin!
jmo I think the animus was the worse part of every game.

Tsuzukie
11-24-2012, 04:37 AM
Roaming the open sea with an "Upgraded Warship" has no significance what so ever.. Why ?? Because Connor sank every other Ship.

haha Conner is Chuck Norris's ancestor!! I can see it now... Assassins creed 12 .... Texas Ranger assassin

COBRAMORPH
11-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Not only am I glad there is NO free roam sailing, but I wish the Aquila was strickly DLC so I would not have any money wasted on it. It, & the second disk with the multiplayer should be DLC, & the AC3 should therefore only cost me $20. Just paying for stuff I do NOT want.

Rather have the Tyranny of GW instead

Tsuzukie
11-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Buy an MMO.

You do have a point... MMOs give you that longevity but the only one that is based on sailing is pirates of the buring sea and it pretty much sucks... And the whole pvp thing is like playing eve with someone who has been playing from the beginning and can not be beat... Not fun at all if you ask me. A single player pirate game with some open world aspects would be sea dogs meets Sid Meyers meets AC using the engine ( or one like it) from ac3 would rock! Jmo ( which I've stated in multiple post) sorry I really like the naval part just want more.... The rest of the game has been very fun...

Tsuzukie
11-24-2012, 04:59 AM
I buy the game for the singleplayer and stick around for the multiplayer.

Is it just me but the multiplayer that everyone seems to talk about is just like any other FPS out there... I guess I just don't get the allure.... After running around in unreal tournament I pretty much had my fill of multiplayer. I guess I'm showing my age... Ganking each other in some small map to get achievements just don't float my boat. To each their own I just wish companies would not spend so much time adding multiplayer just to satisfy the fraggers and make better games.... Don't ge time wrong I don't mind some co-op gameplay but I'm just not into pvp. I know people will state the whole Ai vs human competitors can't compare and I understand that but multiplayer always seems the same to me with just a different cover over it... Unreal tourn...BF3...halo...Sameo Sameo

i come for the single play... Hope for some coop and leave the multiplayer alone. Just me

Tsuzukie
11-24-2012, 05:15 AM

BAM!!! You got it! Forget a dlc for ac 3 make a new game with sailing as its center and it will be soo much better then an add on to an existing game. I'm just going to take ac3 for what it is and isn't and wait for my pirate game!!! The only bad thing with this kind of thinking is I can be waiting for years before it comes out 8( I agree with most of you here you must let game devs know what they did good and what they did bad or we will never get games we want... We will just get games that the devs want to make.. Unfortunately game companies think of making money first and making games last second and I guess they can't be faulted for that way of thinking.

Xtremezownage
12-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Actually to be honest I finished the whole game to 100% and with the naval missions the Aguilar upgrades are really useful and if you don't know where to get the money from just do all of the hunting ,frontiersmen and Boston brawlers challenges as you get a lot of money as you sell the equipment you get in the hunting challenge also another good way of getting money is to upgrade you assassin recruits all the way to actual assassins all of this would get you to 100%.

EzioAssassin51
12-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Not only am I glad there is NO free roam sailing, but I wish the Aquila was strickly DLC so I would not have any money wasted on it. It, & the second disk with the multiplayer should be DLC, & the AC3 should therefore only cost me $20. Just paying for stuff I do NOT want.

Rather have the Tyranny of GW instead

You know what, I wish they just didn't make the game at all since I didn't like a few completely optional stuff! I sure wish they also implemented massive stuff in DLC, making the game look small and unfinished. And I sure do believe that a brand new game like this would only cost $20.

Open your eyes you narrow-minded fool (and I don't often call people that)

Why have none of you mentioned or even thought about replaying the naval missions? You can do that right? Why not just sail around those islands when you have a moment between battles, or another location to move to? Why not make the most of what you've got?

How many of you honestly thought that Free-roam on the sea would be
a. Small enough to not get boring after a while while being big enough for legitimate random encounters and to not seem repetitive
b. Big to the point where we'd sail to the bahamas and stuff?

It can be tedious enough sailing in a straight line, waiting for the boat to reach it's destination 2000m away. What, you want to travel to that town 10,000m away? 100,000? Have fun and don't complain when it's tedious and all you end up doing is fast travelling to that island.

While I wouldn't mind the free-roam + random encounters, it's unrealistic to think it would be put in while being big enough or even non-repetitive enough to be enjoyed. I like the idea of another island though. Also, there are tons of naval missions and it's your own fault for not looking to see if you would upgrade the Aquila. Besides, where else would you spend that money? I've upgraded it and still have hundreds of thousands left. It's not hard to make money!

dxsxhxcx
12-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Ubisoft should ask themselves how AC2 is probably considered the best game of this franchise without having half of the content or size AC3 has. From what I remember I used to focus mostly on the main missions, assassination contracts and the glyphs and that was enough for me, the story/features was/were so engaging that the "lack" of things to do (or not care about complete the rest of the side missions that IMO weren't much fun and always felt out of place: pointless courier missions involving love letters from strangers, races, etc) didn't bother me, today IMO they are wasting too much time trying to make each new game the biggest AC game possible (in size and content) and aren't focusing enough on the quality of the content added, before AC3 was released I was playing AC2 and I was surprised by how don't have killstreaks, Brotherhood and some other features that I like didn't bothered me at all, in fact I had a lot of fun playing it, more than I ever had with ACB or ACR, and I started to despise Ezio as a character after ACB, but in AC2 he always felt fine for me (not better than Altair but he is a great character in AC2).

one other thing that IMO is also affecting the game are these huge worlds they create, in AC1/2, each time we advanced through the game we visited a new place that was locked and unknown until that moment, now IMO we are spending too much time in already known places, in ACB/R/3 before the player had completed half of the story (specially in ACR and AC3 since ACB still had the animus walls) we probably already knew every corner (or at least the majority) of the setting, in AC1/2 each time we advanced the game looked fresh because we always knew a different place and used to spend more time there than in the places we already knew (while completing the main missions).

ShrunkLawyer0
12-24-2012, 07:22 PM
the pirates could be templar agents

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Ubisoft should ask themselves how AC2 is probably considered the best game of this franchise
I hated AC II Thank You very much...