PDA

View Full Version : E3 Demo, Silas?

Ayush_S92
11-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Well firstly I just finished the game, and I have to say it is a technical marvel albeit with it's fair share of glitches. None of them game breaking, but personally I would've liked if there were fewer as some of them *are* annoying.

So getting to the point, in the E3 Frontier Gameplay Demo we were shown a much lively frontier with huge camps being setup and we getting a mission to assassinate Silas. Now of course there is no way this can happen since Silas died before even Connor was conceived. Hence, why in the world were we shown such a video which isn't even remotely true to the actual story shown in the game?

This game is not bad, it is actually very..very good. The only reason people are let down are because of all these gameplay mechanics shown and not incorporated. Had we not been shown and promised all this, I don't believe there would have been much to complain except the aforementioned small glitches.

The world was actually supposed to be very lively, I remember when some of the media was shown a gameplay demo and they had described it in words, there were all kind of various random events happening such as a woman dropping oranges and someone stealing them etc. I am yet to encounter any such event.

And this is just an example, we were promised so many things and so less we see. It's a shame really.

Other than that. Good job, Ubisoft!

MRNMRSPACER
11-04-2012, 12:05 AM
yeah well i assume they didnt want to show haytham so they just made up a quick mission

Ayush_S92
11-04-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm just watching all the trailers and demos they released..and it's just weird. I mean even the dialogues that some people said in the trailer are said by others in the game!

Also another thing I noticed not in the game: I really thought we could use the tomahawk as the hookblade was used in ACR for ziplines.

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Also another thing I noticed not in the game: I really thought we could use the tomahawk as the hookblade was used in ACR for ziplines.
I know which trailer you speak of, but that was just a cutscene. Zip lines were never intended to return.

Ayush_S92
11-04-2012, 12:22 AM
I know which trailer you speak of, but that was just a cutscene. Zip lines were never intended to return.

Well, odd then. Don't really remember that cut scene. Unless it's in a sidequest. Haven't really done many of those yet.

Bashilir
11-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Demos at E3 are just things made by a team to show off new features. Also, you never know, those little camps in the E3 demo may make it in along with a DLC.

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Well, odd then. Don't really remember that cut scene. Unless it's in a sidequest. Haven't really done many of those yet.
Yeah, it's during one of the many side quests.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 01:23 AM
The Camp is still there