PDA

View Full Version : NPC DLC Pack.

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Dynamic Inhabitants:
This is not a whine thread, I absolutely love the game and appreciate the hard work put in it. My experience has been flawless. did not find ANY game breaking bugs (Except for the usual ones present in every game in the past)

Now, about this thread. I love to roam the world and watch the Inhabitants, and this is why my favorite type of Video games is the Open World or Sandbox. The world of AC III is absolutely beautiful. be it during the summer or during the winter, the experience had a different taste in every corner I went, from Encampments to small camp sites to Settlements and to the gorgeous Cities, but something was missing. something very vital and is the cream of the crop so to speak to the Open World Game.

Non-playable Characters. They do not have, but one "Job" they`re fixed in that Job for ever, it gives the world a static feel with no... "Life". Now Unfortunately I played RDR and that made me greedy. The NPCs have actual Lives, they do more than one thing. they`re here and after sometime they`re there, later they`re over there, its crazy.

The Homesestead shows that the Idea is there in its entirety. Each Inhabitant has more than Job and at the end of the Day, they`re inside their homes. Why not apply this to every NPC out there ? The commands are already there. The Animations, the time and the Intelligence. THAT is what we were promised from the Anvil Next trailer. an Alive world where EVERYONE is always on the move. Its still there, but its not for everyone.

Now, Why not ? look at this. You have about 5 or 6 months before you announce *sigh* the next AC game. Make a pack, or merge it with on of the SP packs, that makes the world dynamic. Its Alive, but its static. A pack that includes all(Or the ones the are possible) the Homestead Commands, Animations and Intelligence to the rest of the Frontier (and Cities, If possible)

Random Encounters:
Second Feature to be added is the Random Quest, now again, We were promised and shown that, and Instead of whining about how there is False marketing or that waaaa you lied to us, i`ll be suggesting a few things.

The Liberation missions, Request, Delivery and some of the Homestead missions. If those were combined and tweaked a little, we`d have the most complex and Intelligent system of Random encounters.

Just make the Liberation Missions "Unending". Make them occur even after the City was Liberated. It also helps to show that even if the Red Coats are gone, the People are still oppressed and the poor are still poor. It helps in Symbolism and Gameplay.

As for the Delivery and Request missions, simply add a Dialogue at the Beginning of each Encounter and remove its marker Icon from the Map as a static Side quest to make it feel more Random and coming out of no where. Change the places of these mission givers, not just here or there, no. Make it here, there, up here, down here... so that it feels different each time.

An example of the Homestead Missions is the one we saw. The fight breaking and Burglary. Just place 2 random NPCs in a fight and give the player the choice of trying to break it up and give varying results such as Peace, or they end up fighting you in the end.

The Burglar mission is pretty straight forward. During a walk, you come across someone breaking into a house. Stop him or be on your way.

I hope you read all of this and Thank you for any action that may be taken.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Also, I suggest opening up an area of the Caribbean to free roam, and have random encounters with pirates and random beach parties. (That last one was a joke)

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 03:44 AM
I want this more than the season pass dlc, and I like the alternate history idea they are doing a lot.

For random generated content, I wanted there to be random poachers hanging someone from a cliff like they had in that one mission or random battles in the fields between the regulars and the rebels. I wanted to see a random group of soldiers ransacking one of the towns and executions. The liberation missions were great but they were limited and didn't reoccur after you finished them. I can understand why they wouldn't come back up in the city, but they could still go on out in the frontier.

For the random battles, it would be nice to just observe from a distance a group of red coats and patriots fighting, and you can decide who to take out by attacking one side or the other first. We also know that many native americans fought with the british so even have natives fighting within the british ranks in the frontier forcing Connor to fight differently against them.

They could even have the forts come under attack after a while like the dens but not den defense obviously. It would be like a convoy where you have to go protect it or watch the battle go on and see who wins. If the fort is taken, you can go claim it again.

OR have a UGC (user generated content) mechanic dlc where we can create scenarios out in the frontier

Black_Widow9
11-04-2012, 03:45 AM
Please make sure you guys post your Feedback here also- Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:49 AM
Please make sure you guys post your Feedback here also- Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)
Widow, just be honest with me...

Is there hope of this making it in one of the SP DLCs ?? Or patch ? Or have its own stand alone pack ?? :(

I`m desperate, because the game is Amazingly beautiful. Its scares me to think that when I`m done with everything, this game would become one of those I pop in when I`m bored, run around for a few minutes and then switch it off..

I love this game, Widow D:

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Also, I would replay the game instead of just staying in the same save.

I like playing as young Connor. Are his native clothes available after the game?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Also, I would replay the game instead of just staying in the same save.

I like playing as young Connor. Are his native clothes available after the game?
His Teenage ones are, yes.. When you collect all feathers..

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Yay!

I love that outfit. Is his hair the way it was before too?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 04:00 AM
Yay!

Dunno..

Just saw it in the list of Unlockables... I don't know what It looks like :P

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Ah, oh well. I wish that we could of played out Connor's life in the tribe out more though.

Can't wait for the 20th! I only watched up to the end of sequence 6. Desmond stuff is amazing though.

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Yay!

nope, he has his current haircut. Not sure about after you beat the game. I have the outfit and I'm on sequence 9. I was hoping it was going to be something different from his teenage outfit but it looks good. The colonial assassin is surprisingly the coolest to me.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:05 AM
nope, he has his current haircut. Not sure about after you beat the game. I have the outfit and I'm on sequence 9. I was hoping it was going to be something different from his teenage outfit but it looks good. The colonial assassin is surprisingly the coolest to me.
Aww.. I love his long hair.

JCearlyyears
11-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Yay!

He doesn't have the mohawk, his hair is in a ponytail. (I have the outfit) To get it, you have to get all of the feathers.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:19 AM
He doesn't have the mohawk, his hair is in a ponytail. (I have the outfit) To get it, you have to get all oft the feathers. I would rather have the mohawk than the ponytail. I got enough ponytail with Ezio.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 04:19 AM
I would rather have the mohawk than the ponytail. I got enough ponytail with Ezio.
lmao xD You`re the opposite of everyone here xD

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:21 AM
lmao xD You`re the opposite of everyone here xD
Thanks?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Thanks?
Indeed :P

You`re welcome..

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 04:29 AM
My favorite hairstyle of Connors is his young one.

KrYpToNiC95
11-04-2012, 05:51 AM
I'm with you on this one M. It seems that since AC2 I haven't really properly enjoyed an AC game. With ACB and ACR I only finished them once in comparison to AC1 and AC2 which I have completed both over 5 times. It seems that it becomes boring and predictable. If we could have this in the game and be anything like Skyrim then I would be delighted. A year on, I've completed Skyrim but I have 20+ pending missions plus a lot of NPC's to interact with. Something like that would greatly benefit AC. Perhaps expanding on the idea would help with a view to a full fledge AC RPG in the future???

JonnyisNQ
11-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Best thing I'v ever read, this game is to beautiful to just go to waste after 100% sync, I mean I'v only played 20 odd hours and I'v completed the main story, collected all the collectibles and almost finished all the side missions, if this game had more random events like you mentioned it would almost make the replay-ability infinite, I mean today I saw an elk just run and attack a group of bluecoats, it was simple yet one of the most satisfying things I have ever witnessed in a game, imagine just free running through the trees only to stumble upon a group of red coats and blue coats locked in battle, or red coats pillaging an outpost in the frontier and executing people or trying to reclaim one of the forts you secured, more random events is the only thing that could bring this game back upto a 10/10 for me, would totally make up for all the frustrating bugs we've had to put up with and the somewhat lack luster story.

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 06:57 AM
I absolutely love the game, but I was pretty disappointed that the citizens didn't dodge for rain, or clear the streets at night. I mean, if it worked in Brave Fencer Musashi, why not ACIII?

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 07:07 AM
It's a limitation of technology. Depending on the engine and how things are rendered, certain actions require more advanced hardware. In time, with advancement of technology and coding techniques, we may have realistic crowd behaviours.

adamsocal
11-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Dynamic Inhabitants:
This is not a whine thread, I absolutely love the game and appreciate the hard work put in it. My experience has been flawless. did not find ANY game breaking bugs (Except for the usual ones present in every game in the past)

Now, about this thread. I love to roam the world and watch the Inhabitants, and this is why my favorite type of Video games is the Open World or Sandbox. The world of AC III is absolutely beautiful. be it during the summer or during the winter, the experience had a different taste in every corner I went, from Encampments to small camp sites to Settlements and to the gorgeous Cities, but something was missing. something very vital and is the cream of the crop so to speak to the Open World Game.

Non-playable Characters. They do not have, but one "Job" they`re fixed in that Job for ever, it gives the world a static feel with no... "Life". Now Unfortunately I played RDR and that made me greedy. The NPCs have actual Lives, they do more than one thing. they`re here and after sometime they`re there, later they`re over there, its crazy.

The Homesestead shows that the Idea is there in its entirety. Each Inhabitant has more than Job and at the end of the Day, they`re inside their homes. Why not apply this to every NPC out there ? The commands are already there. The Animations, the time and the Intelligence. THAT is what we were promised from the Anvil Next trailer. an Alive world where EVERYONE is always on the move. Its still there, but its not for everyone.

Now, Why not ? look at this. You have about 5 or 6 months before you announce *sigh* the next AC game. Make a pack, or merge it with on of the SP packs, that makes the world dynamic. Its Alive, but its static. A pack that includes all(Or the ones the are possible) the Homestead Commands, Animations and Intelligence to the rest of the Frontier (and Cities, If possible)

Random Encounters:
Second Feature to be added is the Random Quest, now again, We were promised and shown that, and Instead of whining about how there is False marketing or that waaaa you lied to us, i`ll be suggesting a few things.

The Liberation missions, Request, Delivery and some of the Homestead missions. If those were combined and tweaked a little, we`d have the most complex and Intelligent system of Random encounters.

Just make the Liberation Missions "Unending". Make them occur even after the City was Liberated. It also helps to show that even if the Red Coats are gone, the People are still oppressed and the poor are still poor. It helps in Symbolism and Gameplay.

As for the Delivery and Request missions, simply add a Dialogue at the Beginning of each Encounter and remove its marker Icon from the Map as a static Side quest to make it feel more Random and coming out of no where. Change the places of these mission givers, not just here or there, no. Make it here, there, up here, down here... so that it feels different each time.

An example of the Homestead Missions is the one we saw. The fight breaking and Burglary. Just place 2 random NPCs in a fight and give the player the choice of trying to break it up and give varying results such as Peace, or they end up fighting you in the end.

The Burglar mission is pretty straight forward. During a walk, you come across someone breaking into a house. Stop him or be on your way.

I hope you read all of this and Thank you for any action that may be taken.

FACT: worst ideas ever. End of post.

Evenesque
11-04-2012, 09:08 AM
I would much rather prefer they fix the dozens of issues the game has currently. It's big enough as it is. It's just....rough around the edges. On PS3 anyway.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 10:26 AM
FACT: worst ideas ever. End of post.
Thank You for your Input. At least I`m actually contributing and Constructively criticizing, not just bashing every portion of the game like a Stupid Idiot and if you truly think that realism is the worst Idea ever then you really need fixing in your head..

zhengyingli
11-04-2012, 10:32 AM
It's a limitation of technology. Depending on the engine and how things are rendered, certain actions require more advanced hardware. In time, with advancement of technology and coding techniques, we may have realistic crowd behaviours.
As the OP said, it's possible to do it in the Homestead. But now that I think about it, the crowds in New York/Boston are the most dense out of the games I played. The other current-gen games I can think of that has everybody fully scripted are Red Dead and Skyrim, but those don't really have dense crowds. Since I'm already having frame rate problems in those two cities (PS3), I highly doubt full-blown scripted cities will be able to exist on the system. Maybe on a next gen AC.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 10:34 AM
As the OP said, it's possible to do it in the Homestead. But now that I think about it, the crowds in New York/Boston are the most dense out of the games I played. The other current-gen games I can think of that has everybody fully scripted are Red Dead and Skyrim, but those don't really have dense crowds. Since I'm already having frame rate problems in those two cities (PS3), I highly doubt full-blown scripted cities will be able to exist on the system. Maybe on a next gen AC.
It`ll be literally Impossible to have "Homestead caliber NPCs" In Cities.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I would much rather prefer they fix the dozens of issues the game has currently. It's big enough as it is. It's just....rough around the edges. On PS3 anyway.
Sooo... They really can`t fix this AND add the features I suggested ?? Why is it that we cannot agree on anything ? Everybody here. Always complaining about Devs not listening, Comm Devs not really communicating. Well this is a chance to really try. To see if we`ll get any response or, hopefully, get these features in the game..

saydrix12
11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I would also like to see lets say native american/mohawk people go hunt with a bow and lets say they encounter redcoats/bluecoats and start a fight

M413FIK-E
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I actually would like a random encounters DLC killing off tax collectors, saving wrongly accused prisoners, unlimited assassination contracts that could be similar to Red Dead's bounty missions. There could also be poachers that randomly appear in the homestead and you have to hunt them down. I would also like to see random battles between the Red Coats, Blue Coats and Native Americans

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
To see dynamic inhabitants out in the Frontier would be awesome as mentioned above. As in RDR, they can go out hunting, or maybe after some thief, a woman who's chased by men, such things.
I don't care much about the cities, though one thing is bothering me. Whenever there's a thunderstorm, every NPC just keeps walking on the streets like nothing happens. I would have loved to see everyone get inside there homes or run to the nearest inn/bar, shelter somewhere, so that the streets would be almost empty.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I just hope we don't get the "Next game" treatment, because after 2 games of being promised Random encounters, I`ll have a hard time believing ANYTHING they sprout out or even show during the marketing campaign..

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I wasn't aware that once a job was done, that you wouldn't see them do it again. I kinda wish they would just cycle it out. Everytime you go back into the area, the NPC would go to do a specific job. Every time you fast travel in the area, that NPC would then be doing another job.
I love the little things that NPCs do around the homestead. It really brings this game to life! <3

RinoTheBouncer
11-11-2012, 07:22 PM
I love the game but I'm not sure about "hard work". The ending has absolutely zero hard work or creativity in the way it's directed. You have some nice ideas but those should've existed with the games because now it's just pointless to waste money expanding the game while people will rarely replay. Those features are good to witness when you play for the first time not after you've beaten the game and just wanna run fast either to watch cutscenes or to farm trophies.

I think it's time they concentrate on making a "SMART" new game.

CartopBALTO
11-17-2012, 05:05 PM
To Ubisoft
Subject: DLC Ideas (after asking some Assassin's Creed fans)

Ubisoft, there have been a few ideas for AC III DLCs. I am writing the three which were most frequently asked for by many Assassin's Creed fans on Xfire, Raptr and LIVE, with a short description of what they wanted.

1. United Heroes (Purely cosmetic outfits of AC II Ezio, Revelations Ezio, Aveline (Aristocrat/Lady attire), Old Altair and Bloodlines Maria Thorpe)
2. Naval warfare (Extra Aquila missions, and naval free roam)
3. The Revolution (Extra story missions in which the player meets Aveline)

P.S: These are only suggestions by many fans.

Dexter_8x
11-24-2012, 07:41 AM
THEY NEED TO PUT RAMDOM EVENTS THAT WOULD BE GREAT! This game just dies after 100% complition T_T I mean after ALL the amazing things they put in this game! They just let it die =[ WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF LETTING IT DIE!!! Idk about them but in my mind if I work on something for 3 years why make it last only two days =[ SPECIALLY with all the detail it has. Everything in this game was great. The Skip option staying through a whole scene -_-

scooper121s
11-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Yes I would love this :D

My favorite hairstyle of Connors is his young one.
His young ones my fav too

psf22
11-24-2012, 08:40 AM
I did notice doors and windows closing and opening at random times in the cities. Very small detail but it's something.

If OP input would be implemented or at least partially it will immensely increase the longevity of this game, and with that said i really hope they add it in! Don't mind paying for this either.

I've read a bunch of topics regarding this situation with various good to great ideas. Maybe a best of could be made and sent to Ubisoft? If only it would be considered to say the least.