PDA

View Full Version : We need a make-your-own assassin game.

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 11:33 PM
best game ever. anyone else agree? it would be awesome as hell.

F4H bandicoot
11-03-2012, 11:35 PM
No.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Assassin's Creed: Mass Effect? Along with making your own moral choices etc? Yup, I would totally be up for it.

JCearlyyears
11-03-2012, 11:59 PM
No. I would like clothing customization, but no physical appearance/gender changing. The only way that I think that would make sense is if the modern day person had problems staying in the animus due to subconscious rejection so they fixed that by allowing you to customize the ancestor, but if you wanted, you could play exactly how the ancestor looked, which would be my choice. The ancestor looked a certain way, so if you change the way they look, that doesn't make much sense without justification, which I have given. It would be like Desmond playing through William's memories, then deciding that he wanted to change William's face. Just seems wrong to me.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 12:42 AM
No. I would like clothing customization, but no physical appearance/gender changing. The only way that I think that would make sense is if the modern day person had problems staying in the animus due to subconscious rejection so they fixed that by allowing you to customize the ancestor, but if you wanted, you could play exactly how the ancestor looked, which would be my choice. The ancestor looked a certain way, so if you change the way they look, that doesn't make much sense without justification, which I have given. It would be like Desmond playing through William's memories, then deciding that he wanted to change William's face. Just seems wrong to me.Or we could just drop modern-day story frame and have fun only in historic gameplay.

JCearlyyears
11-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Or we could just drop modern-day story frame and have fun only in historic gameplay.

No, that is a really bad idea. This story is more than just history.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Assassin's Creed is more than just historical settings. Even in the side games where there isn't modern-day gameplay, the menus are the Animus menus. My idea is to have an MMO where you make a modern day character and you can relive the memories of your ancestors, while your modern day charater is your character.

JCearlyyears
11-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Making my own modern day character would break the immersion for me. I've no idea why, but I can tell. It's part of why I can't play saints row. I don't get it. I would want them to have a good starting face for both genders and even a starting gender so I can just choose that one. It would have to change the story in a way, say for example, if there was a love interest, it would change who the love interest is... or not.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Making my own modern day character would break the immersion for me. I've no idea why, but I can tell. It's part of why I can't play saints row. I don't get it. I would want them to have a good starting face for both genders and even a starting gender so I can just choose that one. It would have to change the story in a way, say for example, if there was a love interest, it would change who the love interest is... or not.I take you never played any RPGs? You should try. You're gonna be much more immersed than in games with pre-defined protagonists

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 01:16 AM
I love RPGs, but I don't feel like they would entirely work with the AC series. But from what I know of AC3's ending, a modern day MMO could work for AC, but there would still be a lot of Animus jumping. It could be like an MMO with co-op instanced missions in the Animus.

JCearlyyears
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
I take you never played any RPGs? You should try. You're gonna be much more immersed than in games with pre-defined protagonists

If you mean like Skyrim, I was so happy I didn't pay for it because the game is garbage in my opinion.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 01:22 AM
To each his own.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 01:51 AM
If you mean like Skyrim, I was so happy I didn't pay for it because the game is garbage in my opinion.
Try Obsidian or Bioware games.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 02:04 AM
I think Bethesda and BioWare games are awesome. Obsidian makes good stories, but gameplay is usually lacking.

JCearlyyears
11-04-2012, 02:10 AM
I don't think I will. I'm happy where I am with AC which is pretty much the only game that I play. I think bethesda ruined it for me. I hate bethesda games. I've tried RPGs and every time I played one I found myself with a new frisbee. It isn't just bethesda but they definitely played a part.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 07:09 AM
I'd love a create-your-assassin system. They could easily make it so the modern day one can be whatever you want (with a default for people that want the "true" experience). Choose a male, ancestor will be male, choose a female, ancestor will be female. If they wanted to be really awesome they could have it so there are actually two characters in modern day. Siblings so same ancestors. You could play through the game as each, with the ancestors too. Have the two ancestors story intertwine in a way similar to Tenchu 2, where you had to play as both characters to understand the story (would also unlock then a 3rd char which completed ones understanding of the story).

As to whoever posted above about it making no sense for peoples faces to be changing, etc. Altiar had Desmond's face due to sync/animus reasons. So it could make sense within the context of the story with a new present day animus user.

Black_Widow9
11-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Please make sure you also add this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm sorry guys I have to use it here..

I used to love BioWare games, but then I took a ME3 to my head. Now I just hope I dont take an AC3 in my head too, that would kill me :S

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 07:20 AM
I think it would be cool if you could play as one of the Animus subjects for Abstergo we know nothing about. Let's say we fill out a Abstergo survey in the beginning, we get to choose our looks and such, and the survey answers determine our ancestor. We would eventually choose whether we aid the Assassins or the the Templars, and we either escape or are let go in the end.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm sorry guys I have to use it here..

I used to love BioWare games, but then I took a ME3 to my head. Now I just hope I dont take an AC3 in my head too, that would kill me :S

I actually liked ME3... and it's ending..

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I actually liked ME3... and it's ending..

I'm kinda more worried about AC3, because I only started playing ME this year, not a long fan. But AC I'm following since 2009. A friend of mine watched the youtube ending clip and said it was horrible.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 07:28 AM
I love ME, I got into it before AC, almost 2 years ago. I read the AC3 ending.. I loved it, but it's not a typical game or movie ending..

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Lets hope so.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 09:54 AM
People need to view the ending taking into consideration the future of the series, not as a single, standalone ending just because its not epic or whatever their gripe with it may be.