PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, And the UGLY: [spoilers]

GOODBYEAC
11-03-2012, 11:33 PM
The Good:

Naval Missions: Gloriously epic, extremely well done, and fun as HELL!

Setting/graphics: Gorgeous. Simply stunning. ESPECIALLY the frontier.

The Bad: Horses. Absolutely HORRIBLE controll. Will stop on a dime with the slightest contact with any object, jumping over fences and rocks is somewhat spotty, poorly rendered, terrible controlls.

Glitches: Clipping issues abound. Also (dont know what its called) the one that screws with rag-doll physics and causes a body to twitch and STREEETCH in bizzare, inhuman ways. Lock picks will sometimes pick ABOVE the key hole.

Strange, disfiguring bump appeared on desmond's back, just below and left of his permanently attached bag. Also, regarding desmond, after the third real world mission, while in conversation with the others, his right arm was bent back in his stabbing motion stance (pressing X at this point to initiate a conversation would cause his wrist to flick as though he was readying his hidden blade, as well as the "shink" sound, but he was not wearing it). Again, with desmond, having conversations with the others will occasionally reveal minor spoilers about events that have not happend yet.

Free running is more fluid than ever, but only when not dealing with clipping issues. Combat is nicely done, but occasionally an enemy will attack and no red marker will appear to warn you.

With the exception of the naval and homefront missions, side quests and missions outside of the main story are BORING, lack ANY personality or feel (courier missions consist of approaching a guy, getting letters, delivering letters to scattered recipients, with the only dialogue the entire time being "Thank you EVER so much for your kindess", and no explanation as to WHY Connor is going out of his way to do this). The money making system is complex and tedious, and yields little in the way of reward. You will only be able to craft about 20 percent of the items untill almost the end of the game, and the only thing worth while to spend money on is the ship. Buying new weapons and ammo pouches is completely unneccessar: combat is quite easy with just basic weapons, giving me no desire or need to work towards improvements.

SUPER long "tutorial" takes up almost a third of the entire game, yet somehow manages to explain almost NOTHING. I letterally did not know how to send my Assassin recruits on missions untill sequence 8 because I figured it out accidently on my own. Many other things were not clearly explained.

ANY one of these things, hell any THREE of these issues in conjunction I could tollerate, and still consider this a fantastic work. But it wasnt one, or three: It was ALL of them. I experianced ALL of these problems MANY times in my first playthrough.

THIS IS GARBAGE.

STILL, I could have put up with it, and enjoyed at LEAST one aspect of this game, but they screwed the pooch there as well:

THE UGLY:

STORY (you will be warned for spoilers): The story was pathetic. Connor, in my oppinion (please note: my OPPINION) is a boring and unimaginative character, both in voice AND in archetype. Voice acting does shine well when things get tense for Connor, but quickly shifts back to boring and bland.

The PLOT is another matter. It works fine, despite the fact that by the time we really get into it the game is halfway over. But near the end it loses focus. And at the very end, well read on:

SPOILERS HERE! READ ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEATEN THE GAME!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

really? REALLY? This game is WORSE than ME3. ME3 was great untill the end. And even then I figured out what the writers intended with the original endings, and was proven right when they did the extended versions. This game plays and feels like crap all the way through and straight to the end!

Desmond DIES!?!!?!? WTF!!!? ALL THIS TIME in the animus, all that struggle, and at the end he is given a choice between s**ty and s**tier, and either way hes dead. Was this done dramatically? NO!!! His reaction to this is essentially: "Nah bro, its cool. I got this. Just go." Do any of his friends and comrades object? Get sad? Does his Dad, whose life he saved and finally connected with shed a tear? NO!!! Their reaction to his noble sacrifice is essentially "K thx bro. Peace out."

Desmond's actual death itself is bland.

World is saved, but now evil godhead has controll over every thing.

THIS is it? THIS is what I worked towards for all this time???

Screw you Ubisoft. How many years did you have to make this a worthy experiance? How much manpower did you dedicate to this (a LOT, judging by the 20 minute long credit scroll, including a MASSIVE list of failure game testers who somehow "missed" all those glitches).

I gave you 60 dollars, and you gave me THIS. THIS isn't worth 10 dollars. A crap ending to a crappy, overhyped piece of glitchy garbage that ruined an excellent story.

OH YEAH. ONE more thing: I might have enjoyed ONE other thing, but you screwed that up too: MULTIPLAYER.

F. U.

I am posting this here in your forum, and never returning. I am a discerning customer, and have voiced my complaint. Good day to you.

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 11:36 PM
lol

iSoTryHard
11-03-2012, 11:43 PM
lol

lol indeed

liamr11
11-03-2012, 11:46 PM
I think that his Jimmies are rustled.........

But in all seriousness i like the game, i'd give it around a 9/10, only things that let it down IMO are

-The ending
-The horses handle terribly
-Bugs.... bugs...... and MORE BUGS!!!!

Turul.
11-04-2012, 12:28 AM
someone is pretty pissed and shouldnt feel so entitled

i agree with alot of what you say, like the glitchyness, and connor is a bit boring, hes just angry all the time, the storytelling isnt that great, and often times feels rushed (there were many instances where were told things, rather than shown them). and the hand holding takes a very long time, yet doesnt explain different systems very well.

though the ending may not satisfy you, because it leaves a cliffhanger, its a fitting end of desmond, his ultimate sacrifice for a world that doesnt like him, or even know him, they definately could have made it feel more dramatic, within seconds he makes a decision, quite easily in fact.

GOODBYEAC
11-04-2012, 01:24 AM
someone is pretty pissed and shouldnt feel so entitled

i agree with alot of what you say, like the glitchyness, and connor is a bit boring, hes just angry all the time, the storytelling isnt that great, and often times feels rushed (there were many instances where were told things, rather than shown them). and the hand holding takes a very long time, yet doesnt explain different systems very well.

though the ending may not satisfy you, because it leaves a cliffhanger, its a fitting end of desmond, his ultimate sacrifice for a world that doesnt like him, or even know him, they definately could have made it feel more dramatic, within seconds he makes a decision, quite easily in fact.

I said I wasn't coming back, and I meant it. But I couldn't resist. I JUST couldn't.

WHY do I care what complete strangers on the internet think? I dunno. Maybe I just like a good, intelligent debate.

But I digress:

En Respose, I ask you this: WHY SHOULDN't I feel entitled? If I buy a product, it should not be incomplete! This unethical business practice wherein game developers (Ubi ain't the only one) make a game, half arse the testing process to eliminate any REALLY bad problems (like putting in the game makes your console EAT itself), then make MILLIONS of gamers worldwide pay THEM $60 to test the game FOR them, THEN fix it, needs to freaking STOP!

Also, what exactly are you in disagreement with me over? You agreed with just about EVERYTHING I said, with minor differences in oppinion about Connor (I patently disagree) and the story (I see what you mean, but still cant bring myself to enjoy it), which I acknowledge is an OPPINION, and has nothing to do with game developement.

So, what exactly is your point? Not flaming or trolling, just asking for clarification.